Protectors of Earth

By NatLannister

Sequel to Freedom Fighters so it may be confusing to read if you haven't read the first one. More

A Sneak Peek
Chapter 0
Day of Rest
A New Hope
The Unexpected Visit
A Bad Feeling
Lunch Date
Under the Sea
The First to Go
One or the Other
Who to Trust?
House of Memories
Puppet and the Puppeteer
Sweet Bliss of Death
No More Pain
The Light Goes Out
Not An Update
Locker Room Talk
Running Away
A Flicker in the Dark
Put on Your War Paint

A New Threat

1.7K 89 27
By NatLannister

Arriving back at the underground campsite, the lads were given a tent to rest in during the night. In the morning the other clans would show up, and a huge meeting would take place. Liam knew they would need to prove that they meant no harm.

The beds were each single ones, separated by more than five feet. Liam used his earth ability to move the beds together, so they could all snuggle up together during the night. Louis claimed the middle bed and climbed under the covers, followed by Harry and Niall. Zayn and Liam slept on the opposite ends of the bed.

In the morning, Harry woke up to tension in the air. His powers allowed him to sense the emotion in air. He couldn't help, but grow worried when he heard whispering outside of his tent. Shifting in the bed, Harry quietly woke up the others trying to communicate that something was wrong.

Before Harry could explain his gut feeling, the tent flew open and a group of angry looking people stormed in. "Get up" one man screamed, grabbing Harry by the collar of his shirt.

The second the man's arm touched Harry, Zayn and Liam jumped out of bed. "Let go of him" Liam ordered, his tone showing that he was not messing around.

"I will not hesitate to hurt you if you threaten me and my lovers" Zayn told, making his arms light up with fire.

Niall stood behind Zayn and turned to man holding Harry. "I would suggest you let Harry go, if you don't want my friend here to burn you alive."

The other intruders in the room pulled out swords and knives, getting ready to fight to the death. The lads took that as their cue to power up. If it was a fight these people wanted, then the Freedom Fighters would give them one hell of a battle.

Harry pushed the man holding him back with the wind and hovered in the air. "You assholes ready to die?" he asked, his mind going red with anger. If this was the payment they received for fixing Germany, than he might reverse everything they had done.

"EVERYBODY STOP" Adalard commanded, entering the tent and getting in between the two angry groups. "Everybody put down your weapons and listen to me."

All eyes were on the older woman. Zayn watched with cautious eyes as the intruders lowered their weapons. When the weapons touched the ground, Zayn made the fire on his arms dissolve.

Adalard took the moment of silence to continue on with her speech. "I am sorry for the intrusion boys. My friends here are a little too trigger happy."

"Why did they barge in here and try to kill us?" Liam questioned, standing defensively in front of his boyfriends.

"Because they thought you were the Fearsome Five."

"Why would they think that?" Louis gasped, hating just hearing the evil group's name.

The older woman glanced over to the intruders with sad eyes. One of the men stepped forward and apologized. "I am sorry for drawing such quick conclusions about you guys, but after all we have been through you are lucky we didn't kill you in your sleep."

"That still doesn't explain why you tried to kill us?" Zayn stated, wrapping his arm around Louis.

"There was an attack on one of our camps. The group was run by a man named Ahren" the older woman explained, with a deep sadness in her voice. "He was a good friend and would always be the first person to arrive to every meeting."

Liam stared the group of people in front of him. He felt pity for them, they were scared. Scared of everything they could not understand. "How did they die?" the boy asked.

"We aren't sure. Aiden, who is one of my messengers, was the one who found the camp destroyed with bodies everywhere. He reported the deaths were of unnatural causes" the older woman described.

"But we are the only ones with powers left. The Fearsome Five are dead. I watched them die" Louis panicked, tears brimming up in his eyes.

"That is why we are all going together to investigate Ahren's camp. Maybe you lads can recognize if it is the work of the Fearsome Five or something else."

Adalard gave the lads some time to get dressed before they headed out to the village. It was about a two hour journey by car.

The Freedom Fighters rode in Adalard's car mostly, so she can keep an eye on them and make sure the other leaders didn't try and hurt them. She also wanted time alone to try to talk to them.

She drove in the center of the line of 10 cars. "When Aiden told of Ahren's death, the other leaders panicked. Many of them blamed you guys for his death even though, they hadn't met you guys. I told them they were not allowed to hurt you. So you know what the leaders did, they locked me in a closet and did the opposite of what I said. I promise you I tried to defend you guys. I believe you are not the Fearsome Five."

Liam looked over at the woman. "You are very kind Adalard, and I want to thank you for trying to defend us. You remind me of our friend back in America, his name is Simon. "

"You boys are too sweet to do anything so evil, you just need to prove it to the other groups" she said with a sad smile.

The rest of the car ride was filled with small talk. The anticipation was killing the lads, especially Louis. His worst nightmare could be coming true, that the Fearsome Five may be alive.

Niall and Zayn tried to calm Louis's nerves, reminding him again and again of how they defeated the villainous group.

Getting fed up with all the talk of the evil group Harry stated "if they are alive it just means we have to kill them again. We did it once how hard could it be the second time."

Louis's eyes watered up at the mere thought of fighting the group again. "Harry just shut up" Liam groaned, not wanting Louis to have a panic attack.

When they finally arrived at the campsite, the lads all jumped out of the car trying to escape the tense atmosphere of the car.

The first thing Niall noticed was how everything within the camp was dead. All the plants were shriveled up and lacking any color. It reminded him of his powers, except everything still had water in it.

The smell was what hit the blond next. He suppressed a gag when he got a whiff of the dead bodies. They were laid around the site, and each looked the exact same way. There faces were shrunken in and there skin was a gray color.

Niall ran forward to inspect the scene further. He disappeared from the eyesight of the other lads, which they were not pleased about.

Louis was forced to stay in the car with a blindfold over his eyes. Liam did not want his boyfriend to see the gruesome campsite.

Harry went after Niall to see what caught the blond's attention, while Zayn and Liam stayed with Adalard.

While looking for Niall, Harry couldn't believe what he was seeing. He searched his memory trying to remember if any of Fearsome Five had a power to cause such destruction.

He snapped out of his thoughts when he saw Niall standing in the middle of dark circle on the ground. The closer Harry got the more he could make out what was on the ground. The circle was made of grass burned to a crisp and looked to be about 10 feet wide.

"What is this?" Harry asked stepping inside the circle.

"I don't know. Maybe it is how the people who did this got here" Niall theorized. "Do you think this is a portal?"

Harry stood there with a dumbfound expression on his face. He had no idea who or what could have done this.

Niall fell to his knees and picked up the pieces of grass around him. The plants turned to dust, the second they came into contact with Niall's hand.

Glancing behind him, Harry saw that him and the blond were no longer alone. Some of the other leaders had found the circle.

The leaders had the same expression which was on Harry's face. One said in a shaky voice that Adalard wanted to see them.

The village was in ruins, all the tents and cabins were scattered all over the ground. Adalard stood in front of what Niall assumed was the Ahren's hut.

Drawn in the dirt was a smiley face with heart eyes. Zayn and Liam wore grim expressions on their face. Neither of them knew who could have done this.

The attackers had a sick sense of humor. What kind of person would draw a smiley face after murdering a whole village Liam thought, kicking dirt over the drawing.

The lads were soon surrounded by the angry men who attacked them in their tent. "The second you guys came to Germany one of our towns is attacked" one man accused, pointing his gun at Liam.

"Are we really going to repeat what happened this morning?" Harry questioned, making the wind pick up speed.

"You guys did this."

"No we didn't. If you give me a second I can let you talk to Simon, the leader of the Freedom Fighters. He can vouch for us" Liam pleaded, shooting Harry a look to stop the wind.

"No more excuses. It is time you pay for your crimes for what you did to Ahren" the man yelled, firing his gun at Liam.

The bullet never hit the lad though. It was almost slow motion the way Adalard pushed Liam out of the way, and took the bullet for him.

She fell to the ground, clutching her bleeding stomach. Harry screamed in rage, sending a blast of wind in all directions, knocking everyone off their feet.

Niall darted over to the woman, holding her limp body in his arms. He took water out of one of the remaining trees and started to heal up her wound. "Please work" he muttered to himself. "Come on Adalard, don't you die on me."

The gunshot wound closed up, preventing anymore blood from pouring out. The color slowly returned to the woman's face, and Niall breathed a sigh of relief.

When Adalard opened her eyes, she turned and glared at the man who shot her. "You idiot" she demeaned, standing up. "I told you that these boys were not evil, so what do you do? You shot at them!"

"I wasn't aiming for you" the man defended, taking a step back from the angry woman.

"It doesn't matter who you were aiming at. You tried shooting an innocent person."

Adalard charged at the man, trying to tackle him to the ground. Zayn stepped in front of her, holding her back from attacking the man. "Let me go" she ordered, fighting the boy's grasp.

"I'll let you go when you calm down" Zayn answered, holding her tighter around her waist.

As all this commotion was going on, Louis sat quietly in the car. Curiosity got the best of him when he heard the sound of a gun being fired.

He opened the car door and immediately regretted the decision. Not only did he see dead people everyone, but he also saw the corpses of animals.

A movement to his left caught his attention, and he made his way towards it. He took a cautious step toward the bush and saw a gray bunny hiding in it. "Hi little guy" he greeted, not wanting to scare the animal away. "I promise, I won't hurt you."

The bunny hopped forward and smelt Louis's hand. It was slightly confused that Louis could speak rabbit, but nonetheless it trusted the boy. "Do you know what happened here?" he questioned, picking up the bunny and holding it against his chest.

"Yes" it answered with a shaky voice. "There was a great light and then 5 humans appeared. One of them took the life out of everything. My mother managed to hide me underground, but when she went to get my siblings she never returned."

Louis consoled the animal, and made his ways towards the lads. This information could be helpful in figuring out who attacked the group.

The pool of blood on the ground was the first thing that caught Louis's eyes when he finally found everyone.

"Is everyone okay?" he gasped, checking to make sure all of his boyfriends were unharmed. They all seemed perfectly fine, which calmed down Louis a little.

Zayn smiled fondly at Louis. "What are you doing out of the car?"

"I heard a gunshot, and I thought one of you guys were hurt."

The bunny moved a bit in the boy's arm, drawing the attention of Adalard. "What is in your hand Louis?"

"Oh, I found this little guy hiding" Louis answered. "And it told me about who attacked the village."

"You can speak rabbit?" the person who shot Adalard asked, trying suppress laughter. He gave the other group members a look a skepticism.

To prove he could indeed speak to animals, Louis transformed into a bunny. The smirk wiped off the man's face, when he saw the boy hop around as a bunny.

When Louis turned back into a human, he was bombarded with questions of what the rabbit had said. He retold everything the bunny had mentioned about the attack. He told of how the animal saw 5 people come out of a hole in the sky which Niall concluded was the dark circle he and Harry found.

The bunny could not say which gender the people were, since it is only an animal. It also could not identity the powers they had. But it had at least answered the question that there were other people out there like the Freedom Fighters.

After the whole village was searched for more answers, Adalard concluded they head back home. It was growing dark and Adalard feared the people who did this would come back.

Louis released the bunny back into the wild. It was too scared to be around people and Louis feared the Germans would make rabbit stew with him. The other group leaders went back to their own villages. Before they left, each leader apologized to the Freedom Fighters for their behaviour.

When the lads and Adalard arrived back at her camp, they each went in separate directions. Liam went to call Simon and report the new threat. Niall and Louis went with the older woman to make sure she was fully healed.  And Harry and Zayn decided to catch up on some sleep.

What can i say guys, I am so sorry for not updating. I can make up excuses but mostly I have been lazy and working at my job. I promise I will try and update more regularly. Or just keep bugging me every week to write the next chapter. 

Anyway I hope you enjoyed the chapter. I am excited to introduce the new villains to you all. I think they are pretty cool. 

Make sure to like vote and comment. Do you guys have any predications on what their powers could be?

I hope you all had a great Christmas break. Did you guys get any awesome presents? I finally got a 3ds and my first ever pokemon game which is Pokemon Moon.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.1K 26 13
My mediocre writing and word vomit put into writing form. Read at your own risk. This is a collection of imagines about Zianourry (if you couldn't al...
611K 6.3K 48
Prefrences, basically.
121K 5.2K 23
***SEQUEL TO MY PAPA IS A SOLIDER READ THIS BEFORE PAPAS SOLDIERS *** in which Zayn is home from war but still faces everyday battles with life, stre...
4.4K 167 36
Description in first chapter!