My Brittle Barricade

By make-memories

This is my life ... Come along on my journey and see me make my mistake .. More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30

Chapter 3

31 1 0
By make-memories

I was Beyond scared at this time I just got into a car with a complete stranger.

"Were you going to " he asked .
"umm.. a hotel ". I answered quietly unsure of what I actually wanted.
First time I got free and this is what I'm doing.
What would my stepmother do if she caught me.

Ok so maybe I didn't know what I was doing ...
This was the first time I actually ran away I tried before but I was young and I always got caught, and got hit every time stepmother found me.

I never read about running away before ... but I guess getting in the car with a complete stranger ... is a start .. and very bad start.

He looked at me and laugh bit .. "won't find many hotels round here girl, if ya need a place to crash I have a spare bed at mine ... if ya like" he said

I pause for a minute and just said "yes" my voice was so dry I could hardly speak.

He kind of laugh and i got into his car and then speeded off down the road.

Ok so now I feeling like getting in a car with a stranger was a bad idea but now staying a night in his house.

But what did I know most of my life was spent down in a basement and getting hit and worst by my stepmother.
My life wasn't normal.

I looked at this clock in the car and it was 4:34am... The car journey was so quiet ... He kept checking his phone and before I knew it my eyelids were getting heavy and I fell asleep ..now how stupid can I be .. fall asleep in his car .. anything could of happen to me .. but what did I know.

When most kids growing up are taught it's bad to meet strangers and never get in the car with them and never go any where with them.
But I never had that .. I never had any one telling me what was right and wrong.

I guess I made all the wrong mistake.

Next thing I knew .. I woke up in a bed ... like a new soft bed .. like it was just bought in a shop ... and fresh clean new sheets that smelled so good.

I don't have any memory of walking up in a bed, so I wanted to save this moment forever.
I didn't think I would ever be in a bed like this ever again.

I learned to stop dreaming and hoping a long time ago.
Someone like me doesn't have a angel looking over her.
I don't get and second change to get a life.

I sat up to see my surrounding.
I was in a giant room ... there was a dark wooden wardrobe by the door and bedside tables one with a clock and a little dark blue box with a tiny lock on it and both has night lamps.
Right across from me was giant mirror on the wall and what looked like a work table underneath it .. .. it had a black case laptop and 3 folder full on papers beside it and either side of it was a door .

I was shaken away from my thoughts when I hear laughter and footsteps coming towards me from outside the room.

This just reminded me of when I heard stepmother come into the basement and either give me some cold horrible food in a bowl ... and call me names ... or some times she just came in drunk and hit me I got use to it really quickly.

Just as my eyes are watering from remembering all the horrible memories I had.

A guy walked in and had some food in his hand ...
it was the same guy from last night ... in the car.

He handed me some toast and a glass of water .. he looked at me funny ...
no wonder I was trying not to cry.

I stared at the food and he said "it's ok for you to eat it won't kill ya , it's just some toast and water , I thought you must be hungry".. and then his phone buzzed and he said "i'll be back in a minute"

And just like that I was left alone again .... I had a sip of water and that made me feel a lot better ... I look at the other thing ... toast ... was it bad I wasn't entirely sure what it was ... I took one slice up and bit into it ... it tasted ok.

I guess being locked down in a basement all your life you miss out on things and I started having more and before I knew it ...it was all gone ..
and just as I had my last bite he walked back in again ...

Let the awkwardness begin again ..

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

45.4K 1.2K 33
Your the best mistake I'v ever made.
83.9K 2.3K 40
Him: I hate myself. For what I did to her, for leaving, for everything. But what was I supposed to do? Love her while letting myself destruct? Now I...
601 43 15
She caused her self that pain. He gave her attention and she mistake it for love.
517K 6.1K 28
I know I'm wrong but I can't help myself. {completed}