Captivate (Klaus Mikaelson) *...

By jjs797

A story of hunger, lust, love, compassion, and death. For she strongly captivated the most dangerous creature... More

Captivate (Klaus Mikaelson)
I
II
III
IV
VI
VII
VIII
IX
Part X
Part XI
Part XII
Part XIII - The Locket (1/2)
Part XIV - The Locket (2/2)
Part XV
Part XVI
Part XVII
Part XVIII
Part XIX
Part XX
Part XXI
Part XXII
Part XXIII
Part XXIV
Part XXV
Part XXVI
Part XXVII
Part XXVIII
Part XXIX
Part XXX
Part XXXI
Part XXXII
Part XXXIII
Part XXXIV
Part XXXV
Author's Note (IMPORTANT! PLEASE READ)

V

19.9K 479 103
By jjs797

edited

-

Elijah

"What do you expect will happen to the girl?" Rebekah had been pondering over Jade for the past few days, not listening to my protests and actions for her to stop. It wasn't like her to be concerned over the life of a mortal. In all honesty, I did not know what was going to happen to Jade. She seemed a purely innocent girl, but from the moment I met her I could tell something was quite off about her. She was hiding something without a doubt. But wether she knew what that was concerned me, because she seemed oblivious to the fact of who, or what she is.

The fact that she hadn't had a single episode ever since Klaus gave her his blood further surprised me. and that was five days ago. But there was still something different and unique about the life of her heart, and her blood, that intrigued me.

Furthermore, I was more concerned about the fact that she had been spending majority of her time with Klaus.

Yes, my brother is someone a human like her shouldn't be spending time around. Especially with her blood. I was worried about what my careless little brother would do to this poor girl. But if he did try to harm her, which he had promised me he would not and he had not yet, I would definitely find a way to remove him from New Orleans. Even if I needed the help of his old friend, Marcel.

Right now, Rebekah and I were helping remove Jade's desired needs from her home. We had decided that Jade, with her hesitant agreement, would move out of her late parents' home in the mean time and stay somewhere safer away from Marcel. I had told Jade that she should stay somewhere closer to us so it would be easier for us to watch over her and protect her, but Rebekah had insisted she stay at our household. Klaus, in an instant, had said no, and it also seemed as if Jade had no desire to stay in the same place as my sister and brother. I wouldn't blame her; they were both quite a handful. But put both of them together, and it was eat chaos.

Jade was extremely hesitant and nervous about moving out of her parents' home, even if it was only temporarily. And she had every reason to, but the way she had acted made it seem as if she was more afraid of leaving it because of something that was in this house specifically.

Rebekah had been groaning and complaining all day, at how we had to be the ones to move out all of Jade's stuff to her new house, which was just a few blocks down from ours. It was for safety cautions, I had told her, which seemed to make her even more frustrated.

"Elijah!" Rebekah's voice disrupted me from my thoughts. I stood in front of a bookshelf that was placed against the wall. A very unusual place for a bookshelf to be, I had thought. It was the only thing placed against this wall, the wall even clear of any photos. Turning back around, I made my way back to the truck that my scowling sister was at.

"What are you doing just standing in there? We're done already." She said as I approached the truck door. Yes, we had seemed to be done. But I wasn't done just yet..

"Go. I have one more thing I need to check out." She didn't even question me as she hopped into the driver's seat. I had then turned around, making my way back to the house, keen in finding out what that empty book shelf was about.

"Elijah, wait." Rebekah appeared in front of me, blocking my path from the house. I could hear the nervousness in her tone, a worried expression crossing her face.

"Be careful, ok?"

Her words replayed in my head as I approached the house and searched within it for what I was looking for. And when I found it, I had finally understood the meaning of Rebekah's words.

-

Jade

I was pacing back and forth in the new house, running my fingers through my hair. Rebekah and Elijah should have been back thirty minutes ago. I mean, they're vampires, can't they use their speed to easily get the stuff from my house? I sighed in frustration, walking over into the living room and slumping myself down on a couch left in this house, thinking back to the moment when I had to leave it behind.

Days ago, when Klaus and I had been at the house after kicking Marcel out, he had left me alone for a bit to tend for the items I needed. And he had to make a phone call too. But there was only one thing I had needed from this place. When I went to retrieve it, it wouldn't obey. It wouldn't come with me. It had told me "Where would you put me, without having the risk of your friends discovering me?" That was true. I wouldn't go through the risk of anyone finding it. So I told it I would visit it a couple days a week. That I'd be back soon.. To make sure it is safe. But I had not visited it yet when I desperately needed to, mostly because the golden trio had not let me out of their sight. But this was the first time I had finally been left alone, but it didn't matter since Rebekah and Elijah were at the one place I needed to go to.

I was left alone in the new house, the siblings giving me some space to adjust to it for myself. I've adjusted enough however, already slowly growing sick of this house. Klaus was who knows where, but when I woke up this morning, he was gone.

I knew moving out was inevitable, what with Marcel stalking me and possibly sending his vampires for me. But the anxiety overwhelmed me, afraid that Elijah and Rebakah would find what I had been hiding for years. But most of all, I was afraid of them getting harmed by what I had been hiding, knowing that if they got hurt the blame would be placed on me. I understood that they were Original vampires and could only be killed by stakes created from the white oak, so there was nothing too big to worry about.

I thought of happy thoughts in an attempt to calm my anxiety. I thought of the fairly normal life I had had before I knew vampires existed, before any of my family and friends had either died, ran away, or got turned into one of those.. monsters.

The sudden sound of the door opening harshly caused me to jump in surprise. I had been laying sprawled out on the couch though as I felt myself slip to the floor. I moaned at the impact of the soft carpeting against my face, providing slight cushion that limited the impact.

Rebekah was also on the floor before me, mimicking me with a smirk on her lips. I jolted right back up on my feet, ignoring her as I sat back down on the couch. Within a second she was sprawled out on the couch next to me, resting her feet on my lap as she watched me curiously.

"Where's Elijah?" That question was unessesary for me to ask since I already knew where he must be. I just pray to God that he doesn't find it.

"Still at your house silly." A pause. Her face then softened slightly, looking at me in pity. "Look, Jade. I know we came off to a rough start.. Sorry about that. I didn't mean it." Another pause. I laughed, shaking my head, knowing for sure that she did mean it. "Wait, I actually did mean it. But now that I see how important you mean to my brothers, I wont be as vile as Nik and murder you off right away." I rose my eyebrow at the last words that escaped her mouth. Klaus wouldn't act that vile. But the look in Rebekah's eyes told me she wasn't lying.

"Ok." I said, ignoring the gut feeling in my stomach that had started to form, telling me that Eljiah would find it. Why else would he stay behind and not leave with Rebekah?

"Do you mind if I give you some advice Jade?" Rebekah didn't give me the chance to reply.

"Don't get too close to Nik. My brother is more dangerous than you think he is." I knew that. I've seen a just a hint of his cruel side. But at the same time he was dangerous, there was also a gentleness to him that he showed sometimes. And then there was that annoying part that made me want to punch him.

"Whatever you're feeling for him, Jade, its wrong. Ignore those feelings. Everyone that Nik had ever gotten close to got murdered at his own hands." She warned me once again.

"I don't feel anything for him."

"You're lying."

"Why do you even care what happens to me?" Rebekah's caring sensitivity surprised me, but it was all probably just an act to get the what she really wanted.

"Because, you're actually one of those decent humans that I can stand to be around. You're not one of those helpless girls who scream their heads off and always want and need protection everytime you need it. And my brothers both fancy you." Rebekah explained.

"They only fancy me because of my blood. I know." I said.

"That may be true, but they really have taken an interest in you." She said.

I didn't say anything in response as I looked away, my eyes scanning all the boxes of items that were brought over from my house. I instantly dreaded having to put all this stuff away.

"Can I tell you something else?" She spoke when I didn't bother to comment back. I simply nodded.

"Whatever you're trying to hide in that apartment, Elijah will find it."

I turned to meet her intense eyes, my heart sinking.

"No." I shook my head. "You can't. He can't."

"What are you hiding?" She pried.

"You have to call him. Please. If he can't hurt Elijah he'll hurt me." I was begging at this point.

A deep frown crossed her expression. "He? Who is he?"

"You have to listen to me, please. Elijah can't-

Rebekah's frantic yelling filled my ears as darkness clouded my vision, my head furiously pounding. I felt her hands on me, forcing her wrist into my mouth. My heart twisted in discomfort, as I choked for air. I felt her blood flood into my system when I instantly bit down, dimming the excruciating pain only slightly. But it had no effect on my heart, that felt like it was being squashed.

I screamed when I felt a rip inside me.

I couldn't feel anything. Anything I could hear was muffled, and my vision was black. I didn't know wether I was on the brink of death, or if I was already dead. All I felt was the constant crushing on my heart.

"Please.." I begged, knowing it could hear me.

Jade.

A familiar voice broke through the pitch black. I ignored it, fearing that if I opened my eyes I would succumb to the agonizing torture once again. Every time I felt myself slip further into this darkness his voice pulled me back.

Come back to me, Jade. There he called again. It was like his voice was a strong grip that refused to let me go.

Just let me go. I said.

No can do, love. Stay with me. His voice was louder now and more clear.

And that was when I saw it. It was distant, but it was a light.

I gasped awake, shooting up into Klaus' secure arms. He laid me back down on my back, wiping the sweat that stuck on my face with a hand towel.

And then he disappeared.

I turned my head, suddenly feeling so tired. The pain was gone, but I could feel myself growing weaker by the second.

"Stay with me Jade."

I opened my eyes, prying them and forcing them open, trying to obey what he had said. But the heavy weight over my lids caused them to slowly shut again..

"Eyes open, love." The voice was now closer, as I felt his body hover right above mine. I tried to keep them open to look at him, but the darkness once again emerged from the corners of my vision. I literally felt like a limp and helpless noodle as this numbness slowly crept up my body.

"Why.." I whispered out, knowing it could hear me.

I warned you. If I was ever discovered, I'd kill you.

I didn't say anything in response, distracted by Klaus' angry voice beyond these walls. I cranked my ears so I could hear him, growing more and more tired. But I knew I couldn't close my eyes. Or that would be it.

"What?" A pause. "I do not care at this moment! She is dying while you are wasting time!" Another pause. "Rebekah, you fool! Stop him then!" A longer pause. "You act as if I care! Whatever Elijah is doing is killing her.." Interrupted. "I swear, I will kill the both of you if you don't..." Pause. "Very good. Now hurry back after you take care of the mess." A beep on the other line.

It was at that moment that the darkness overcoming me subsided, almost as if a huge weight was being lifted off me. I felt relief in its place as the pain from my heart lessened.

A ring went off outside the room door.

"I expect things went well?" I heard him snap at the other line. A pause.

The bedroom door opened, loud footsteps making their way towards the bed. I kept my eyes glued on the ceiling, nervous to meet their eyes.

Icy blue irises peered down into my eyes, blocking the view of the boring white ceiling.

"Jade?"

"Hi." I croaked out.

"Are you in pain, love?" I felt my heart flutter when he called me love.

"No. I mean yes, but it's not bad."

His head disappeared from sight as I hear him speak into the phone.

"She is fine. Now hurry back, and make sure Elijah is with you this time." Silence once again filled the room, sleep slowly starting to over come me. I closed my eyes, feeling more comfortable now that the darkness was gone. I felt myself slowly doze off into the black abyss..

"Jade?" His voice caused my eyes to snap back open. If I had been asleep and had just woken up to his clear blue irises staring down at me, I would have been happy. But right now I was just annoyed and wanted to sleep.

"Don't have the energy to talk, darling?" He asked, apparent concern on his expression.

"I feel like I've been drained of all my energy. Would you just let me rest?" I said that much harsher than I had intended to. I was slowly getting cranky but I didn't want to get to the point that he'd get mad at me for getting mad at him.

I closed my eyes when he didn't say anything.

"Open your eyes." He demanded. Instead I turned to my side, facing away from him. I snuggled into my pillow, feeling his glare on my back.

"Are you ignoring me?" He snapped. I could hear the faint amusement in his tone though. I ignored his annoying voice once again, feeling so sleep deprived.

"I'll take that as a yes."

I screamed when he grabbed my hip, spinning me around so I was on my back.

I refused to open my eyes when I felt his body hovering above mine.

"Open your eyes." His tone of voice was calmer now, although I could still hear the frustration in it. When I didn't, I felt his face come closer to mine, until I felt his warm breath fanning my skin.

"Do not make me force you." He whispered, sending chills through my body.

I was actually having a fun time messing with him, and I had a feeling he knew. I nearly gasped when I felt his legs on either side of me, moving his body much closer to mine.

"Nik!" A familiar female voice screamed out. I opened my eyes just in time to see Klaus being thrown across the room by Rebekah.

"What in heaven's name do you think you're doing?!" She snapped at him. I smiled in amusement, catching Klaus' eye who had the same smirk on his lips.

And then my gaze drifted to Elijah's.

His eyes were blank and unreadable, no emotion evident in them. His bloody clothing was torn to bits, hair in a messy bundle.

I sat up quickly, ignoring the head rush pounding in my head, slowly making my way towards him. I ignored the stare of Klaus following my every movement as Rebekah continued to yell at him.

Reaching Elijah, I reached my hand up to cup his cheek. My eyebrows crinkled together in thought, curious to what it had done to Elijah to make him look so.. weak. I watched him sigh as he shook his head and pulled my hand away. He walked out of the room, leaving me guilt stricken. I should be angry with him for finding out my secret. I should be angry that not only he knows it, but Rebekah also. But instead, I felt nothing but hurt. Hurt that Elijah had been harmed because of me.

I ran out of the room after him, tugging on his arm to make him face me. He didn't object as I pulled us into an empty, giving us a bit more privacy from Klaus and Rebekah. I shut the door, turning to meet his narrowed eyes.

"Elijah, before you say anything-

"Don't, Jade. You've done enough." He interrupted, weaving around me to get to the door. But I stepped further back into it, blocking the exit completely.

"Please move, Jade, before I do something that we both will regret." The tone in his voice was surprisingly calm, even though I could hear how exhausted he was.

"Would you stop and hear me out?! Please!" I snapped, attempting to shove him back, which of course didn't work. He sighed, turning around and giving me space.

"I feel like you're one of the few people I can trust with this.." My voice wavered. I furiously raked my hands through my hair, jaw set in a tense line. I looked to him, but he still hadn't faced me.

"You have to believe me Elijah.. I couldn't tell anyone because there was no one for me to trust. Please.. I'm begging you. Please don't tell anyone.. If it is revealed to Marcel, or Klaus, or anyone else, I won't ever be able to forgive myself." I pleaded with him, blinking back the tears that threatened to escape. Elijah turned and studied my expression, noticing my pain filled eyes. He sighed in defeat, approaching me and pulling me into his warmth. I let the tears fall that I hadn't known I was holding back, nervous at what he would do and how he would think of me after this. It felt good to have someone watch over me, especially if that someone was as caring as Elijah. He was like a brother that I had always wanted.

But now, that he discovered my secret, would he see me as a different person? Would the way he acted towards me change?

"I believe you." He finally said. I breathed out a huge sigh of relief as I burried myself in deeper into his torn shirt, breathing in the sharp smell of blood. His blood. We remained like this for a few more seconds before I felt myself being torn away from him and in the arms of the hybrid.

I looked up into Klaus' eyes, as he glared at Elijah, anger and what seemed like jealously flooding into his crystal-like irises.

"Let go of me." I snapped, shoving him away. I didn't know why he had to do that when he had no apparent reason to do that except that he was jealous I was hugging his brother. Klaus shot me a warning glare.

"Sorry to interrupt." He wasn't. "What the hell happened to you?" Klaus asked Elijah.

"While you two have your heart to heart brother talk, Jade and I are gonna go downstairs Nik." Rebekah spoke. Thank god Rebekah jumped it at this moment. I really didn't want to be here for the argument between the two brothers. Rebekah grabbed my wrist, making sure to be gentle as she led me out of the room and down stairs to the kitchen.

"Look, I know you probably don't want to talk about it. But I really need to know.." Rebekah started.

"If I'm going to tell you.. I don't want it to be here." I said, not wanting to take the chance that Klaus would hear us. Having one Original know about my secret was already bad enough, but having not only Rebekah but Klaus know would give me anxiety to know end. .

"I don't want you to tell me. I want you to show me what it is."

Rebekah sped to the house in her white Malibu, calling Elijah to tell him we were going to town to hang out for a bit. I wonder how long it would take them to figure out that Rebekah is a bad liar, and that we were about to stir trouble.

She didn't even give me enough time to respond to her demand, instead just dragging me along. I was wondering why she was so curious about this and the remembered that it nearly tore her brother apart. I thought she had made contact with it when rescuing Elijah, but I guess I thought wrong.

"We're here." She said as we drove down the winding road to the house. She parked further out, which I don't blame her for.

The door was wide open to my now empty old home, revealing the empty book case in its wake. I ignored the eerie feeling in the air as I pushed the book shelf to the side, revealing a wooden door with a lock that had been torn off. I sighed in relief when I realized that it had been shut all the way.

I pulled open the door to steps leading to another door, but this time it was made of iron. I flicked on the light switch to the bulb that hung above the steps, lighting up the path down to.. hell, it seemed like.

"Shut the door behind you. Make sure it clicks shut." I told Rebekah, and she listened without question. I placed symbols on the back of the wooden door, symbols that acted as a barrier that prevented it from escaping.

Rebekah was silent behind me as I led the way down, the eerie feeling growing more intense. I froze in front of the iron door, taking a deep breath to calm my anxious nerves.

And the pushed open the door slowly, the door making a loud creaking noise to reveal a chilled like prison atmosphere. The cellar was lit dimly by the torches, looking almost empty. But there was more than emptiness in here as I felt his presence darken the second I entered the room.

The flaming torches flickered. I felt Rebekah's band fly to my arm, gripping it tightly as she followed me into the room. The iron door behind us slammed shut instantly, making Rebekah gasp and turn around, her grip on my arm tightening.

It was playing with us.

A second passed before Rebekah's grip on my shoulder disappeared, her scream erupting through the cellar. It was gone as quickly as it came, Rebekah now gone from my presence. The cellar was much larger than it seemed, the way the torches lit up the room making it look smaller. I took in a shaky breath, more scared for Rebekah than I was for myself. If only Elijah hadn't let his curiosity gotten the best of him, then we wouldn't be in this mess.

"You told your friends." A hiss was heard from my right ear, his icy breathing fanning my neck. I shivered at the uncomfortable feeling, already regretting my decision for bringing myself and Rebekah here. I whipped around, facing his tall and muscular build before my eyes. It didn't frighten me before, but now I was terrified of him, after he had really tried to kill me. His venomous green eyes held a black cloud over his irises as he watched me with nothing but anger. There was a dark mist that surrounded him, making the air around us icy cold.

"If it wasn't for you giving away your location from all the racket you create down here, then all this wouldn't have happened." I hissed back.

I felt myself being pinned against the cold cellar wall, his body pressed tightly against mine, leaving no space between us. I inhaled a sharp breath, terrified of this dead but living monster that I had created. His one hand was on my hip, the other on my head. He dug his nails into my hip as I felt them pierce through my shorts and my skin, resulting in an agonizing scream from me.

"So I should have killed your friend then.. Elijah, is it? Kind vampire he was." His eyes softened for the slightest second, only to be replaced by jealousy and pure hatred, his already deep and monstrous tone darkening. "But you know what, Jade? He will never love you the way I do."

"Love?! You call this love?" I shouted at him through the tears. He loosened his grip on my hip, removing his nails from my skin. I was glad that he hadn't had hand on my other hip, or he would have felt the small but deadly hunting knife in my pocket. Klaus had given that to me, costing it with vervain, in any case that I got into the hands of vampires that wanted my blood.

This monster, I had loved once. Two years ago to be exact. But, ever since I had brought him back alive from the help of the strongest witch I knew, he turned out not to be the same man I loved before. I never really knew if I actually brought him back or a demon in its place, because he knew every single memory to the most specific detail that we had shared together. He wasn't bad at first when I brought him back. But when he had heard me bring other people into my house, especially Marcel, that's when he became cruel and punishing.

"I should have left you dead." I spat, slowly removing the knife from my pocket as I held his gaze.

"You hurt me. Punished me. You'd hate when I hung out with all my friends. Hell, you even forced me into ending all contact with them."

"But you never listened, did you?"

"You think I'd listen to a psycho monster who basks in the pleasure of punishing me?"

"I should have killed you when I had the chance."

I swung my arm up, plunging the knife into his neck. He let out a pained grunt, releasing me from his deadly hold. I sprinted to the other side of the room, removing one of the torches from the wall. I held it in front of me, his laughter vibrating all around the cellar.

"But I didn't." His voice whispered from behind me, causing me to rapidly spin around to search where it had come from. "Because you brought me back, the least I could do for you is spare your life. But it's your female friend's life that I won't spare."

I would have been much more panicked and worried if I hadn't known that Rebekah could only die by the stake of the white oak.

And with those last few words, the cellar door flung open, revealing the sillhouette of an angry Original. This was the first time I've seen such anger in his expression, scaring me even more than Klaus' rage. Elijah's eyes were filled with vengeance, something extremely different from his everyday expression. He looked like a true predator.

Speaking of predators, behind Elijah stood a hostile and very angry Klaus.

When his gaze landed on me, I couldn't deny the feeling of butterflies in my stomach. Relief flashed through his eyes, his golden irises diminishing into his striking blue.

And then I felt the coldest and darkest presence appear behind me, causing me to cringe in fear.

I spun around quickly, meeting his terrifying sneer as he flicked away the torch in my hand, his other hand grabbing me by the neck and lifting me up. My eyes landed on the dark blood (that almost looked black) pooling from his neck.

I wasn't in his choking hold for very long when Elijah appeared between us with a torch on his hand, piercing him with the fire. Even though I knew the fire wouldn't kill him, it helped because he had released me.

I felt a strong pair of arms catch me, leading us away from the fight. But when we got halfway up to the stairs was when I froze, realizing that the wooden door was wide open.

"Jade." Klaus spoke.

"You have to get Elijah and Rebekah out of here before he realizes that this door is wide open." I said, turning to meet his concerned expression.

"He? Who exactly is he?"

"Jason."

Instead of listening to me he grabbed me in his arms, speeding up the stairs and slamming the door shut. The iron door was left wide open, however. That was the door that was sturdier and had a better chance of keeping Jason locked away.

"What the hell are you doing?" I screamed at him when he threw me in the back seat of his truck. I was frustrated and sweaty and bleeding, but I guess he hadn't taken that into consideration when he just dumped me in the back seat of his Tahoe like I was a sack of potatoes.

"I'm taking you to your house. And then I will go back and get my siblings out of there." He said, speeding away in a hurry.

"Why didn't you just do it then?! Jason could really hurt them-

"They can't die. They'll be fine. And besides, your idiot ex boyfriend hasn't fought me yet."

"Fine. Whatever. But you can't let him escape, Klaus. If he escapes, then we have another bigger issue to deal with. Jason would murder the entire town."

"I know, love. Trust me. I'm pretty good at handling crazy ex boyfriends."

Third Person

It was quiet. Too quiet.

Klaus stood in front of the wooden door, knowing that if he opened it there would only be one possibility that would happen.

The cellar door had been left open, and Jason had made sure it was left open. Elijah and Rebekah were safe, but Jason was waiting for the time to strike.

Tired of sitting there and pondering wether he should open the door or not, he flung it open, eyes widening when he saw a huge figure charging at him.

Klaus quickly stepped in, knowing he'd have to take the impact. Just as he shut the door, Jason slammed into him. His hand was aimed to rip right through Klaus' chest, but the vampire grabbed his wrist and twisted it back.

The Original flew through the wooden door, then realizing that Jason was using him as and shield to break through the barrier.

"Thank you, vampire." Jason grinned in triumph.

But Klaus was instantly on his feet, taking Jason by the throat and throwing him back down the stairs.

Jason reacted quickly, shooting up to his feet.

Klaus wasn't expecting his vampiric speed as Jason suddenly appeared before him, holding the hybrid up in the air by the throat. His eyes shifted to a bright golden color, his nails growing longer.

Jason was aware of his change before throwing Klaus down the cellar steps. He grabbed the book case and encased it in the doorframe, crushing the wooden pieces at his feet.

Freedom.

An hour had passed and Jade was sitting at the bottom of her new home's stairs, her anxiety only rising. Something had gone terribly wrong, she knew it. She thought Klaus had underestimated Jason's strength, and she was right.

She was on her feet within a second when Klaus walked through the door, his shirt torn, hair a tousled mess, and to top that, he was covered in dust.

"What happened?" She asked him, following his retreating form into the kitchen. His expression was blank, and he didn't even meet her worried expression.

"Where's Elijah and Rebekah?"

"They're fine. Nothing happened. He just escaped, is all." Klaus said casually, taking a water bottle from her fridge and drinking it quickly.

"W-what? Jason escaped?"

"He was being a bastard!" Klaus snapped, his eyes finally landing on hers.

"How did that even happen?"

"I told you. He's a bastard. A cheating bastard."

Jade looked at him in confusion, shaking her head.

"You're not making any sense."

"Look, Jade. I don't know what made you think bringing your idiot boyfriend back from the dead was a good idea. But you put my siblings in danger. And now, the entire town is in danger."

"Because you let him escape." Her frustration with the hybrid was only growing. She couldn't believe he'd bring that up, let alone put this on her. Yes, she realized her mistake from the start that bringing him back was a bad idea. But she also knew that it was his fault for letting Jason escape.

Klaus threw the empty water bottle across the room.

"And who was it that brought him back but created a monster instead?"

Jade took a deep breath, shaking her head before walking out of the room.

Klaus sighed as he watched her retreating form.

"Wait." He was behind her, grabbing her wrist and turning her around to meet his eyes.

"I think we need a break."

"A break? We were never together! We won't ever be together!"

"I know that more than you."

Jade couldn't help but be hurt at his words as she looked away from his intense gaze.

"Just.. let me take you out."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

272K 9.2K 52
There's no way you're hitting on me right now. ━ Lando Norris x Fem!OC © KissLeclerc , April 2024 Started: April 8, 2024 Completed: May 10, 2...
636K 10K 65
ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ 𝗔𝗱𝗱𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘄𝗿𝗼𝗻𝗴 𝗻𝘂𝗺𝗯𝗲𝗿 𝘁𝗼 𝗮 𝗴𝗿𝗼𝘂𝗽𝗰𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝗶𝘀 𝗲𝗮𝘀𝗶𝗹𝘆 𝗱𝗼𝗻𝗲 𝗻𝗼 𝗺𝗮𝘁𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗵𝗼𝘄 𝗳𝗮𝗺𝗼𝘂𝘀 𝘆𝗼�...
2.1M 111K 63
↳ ❝ [ INSANITY ] ❞ ━ yandere alastor x fem! reader ┕ 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...
1.7M 14K 57
Any ideas you have or want to see message me xx