My Little Mate (The Silver Li...

By BellaDemont

After everything that has happened to the Coltrane family you would think they would have suffer enough but t... More

the Coltrane twins
cast
a new era
a new era [II]
history repeating itself
making a scene
an unexpected trip
introduction at its finest
she is perfect
a missing man
Mr. Lucas Boyette
double trouble
double trouble [II]
a past
battle wounds
battle wounds [II]
rivals
rivals [II]
rogues
rogues [II]
exposed
exposed [II]
exposed [III]
bruised
vexed
a broken doll
recovery [I]
recovery [II]
his little angel [I]
his little angel [II]
the true alpha here [I]
the true alpha here [II]
the true alpha here [III]
pack & family [I]
pack & family [II]
I didn't sign up
sweet lies
momma bear [I]
momma bear [II]
the aftermath [I]
the aftermath [II]
thick skin [I]
thick skin [II]
lightweight [I]
lightweight [II]
epilogue: worth the wait

worth the fairy-tale ending

1.3K 55 7
By BellaDemont

Dawn's P.O.V

"Are you sure about this?" I heard a voice coming from the hallway, it was my mother and for some reason she sounded extremely nervous.

I heard a small laugh in response, I could recognize that laughter anywhere it was my Aunt Savannah.

"She will love it, believe me Liz, she is your daughter after all." My aunt said making me frown, what was going on with them?

"But what kind of mother gives this to her child?" My mom interjected back, she sounded quite conflicted with herself.

"A cool one, do you know how much I would have loved my mother if she had given me something like this when it was my day? Then again my mother was an evil bitch who tried to kill me so I did never expect something like this but fuck it I was cool with getting in myself." Another voice said and that ladies and gentlemen was my Aunt Abby, she had truly never changed.

"I feel like I will embarrass her." My mom said nervously as they opened the door.

"Oh, you will but it will only be momentary." My aunt Savannah told her.

I turned around and looked at them confused, what was all this rouse about?

"I don't want to do this anymore." My mom said as she looked down and my aunts looked at her shocked.

"No, we went through all of this for nothing! Come on, we are doing this." My aunt Abby said before she yanked my mom inside the room.

"Abby, I said I'm not doing it. Oh my god." My mom said once she noticed that I was there standing in front of her.

I felt self-conscious now standing in front of her, I looked at the mirror to the side, everything seemed in place, the flower crown, the dress, my long lose curls, but then I noticed that my mother was crying.

"Mom, what's wrong?" I asked her as I frowned confused, were these happy or sad tears?

"Dawn, baby you look so beautiful." My mom said as she started to cry, I simply stared at how the tears rolled down her cheeks, okay at least they were happy tears.

I rolled my eyes at her and shook my head in amusement.

"Momma, what did we say? You aren't supposed to cry or else I'll cry too and we'll be a hot mess." I said as I looked at her and my mom gave a small laugh mixed with tears before she gave me a small sad smile.

"Sorry, I just never thought that this day would actually come, my little girl is actually getting married." My mom said as she looked at me proudly, I smiled at her feeling my eyes start to get watery that was of course until I noticed what my mom was currently fidgeting in her hands.

"Mum, do you have a thong on your hands?" I asked as I looked at her shocked, my mom looked at the light blue lace thong on her hands and smiled at me sheepishly.

"Yes, apparently I do." My mom said mortified as my aunt Abby snickered behind her.

"Why do you have a thong?" I asked her in a wary tone, if my aunts were behind this I could only assume the worse.

"Your mother here, has decided to give you something very special for your wedding day, you have something new, something old and something borrowed." My aunt Savannah said as she looked at my mom with a smirk before she looked at me.

"And now something blue." My mom said as she gestured the lace thong.

"So, you're giving me a thong for my wedding night?" I asked her unsure and my mom slowly nodded.

"I believe so as embarrassing as it could be." My mom said as her cheeks started to flare up once again.

I looked at my mom with a smile before I threw my arms around her.

"Oh god mom, I can't believe they forced you to do that." I said as she hugged me back and I felt her cry again while my aunts laughed.

"Well this will be your first time, so do you need any pointers, we would be happy to give you some tips, but your mom here would be the expert in the entire matter after all she did have five kids." My aunt Abby said causing my mom to glare at her.

"Um, no thanks." I said awkwardly, could they not talk about my non- existing sex life with Lucas, we had decided to wait until our marriage night.

But this was not something I wanted to discuss with my aunts and my mom.

There was a soft knock on the door before it was opened again and this time my dad stepped in.

"Are you ladies ready?" My dad said before he halted in his steps when he noticed my mom and me.

"Oh, no we better leave, I hate seeing grown Alphas cry, you should see what a wuss Zac is when it comes to Angel, she cries, he cries and so on." Abby said as she rolled her eyes before she and my aunt Savannah left us alone.

I quickly took the thong from my mom's hands and placed it under some clothes I had lying around the room, my dad was too lost in his world to even notice.

"Max, are you okay?" My mom asked in a wary tone as she started to walk towards him.

"My two girls." My dad said as he started to cry, my mom immediately hugged him and I shook my head, give it up from my parents to be acting like the emotional teenager I used to be.

"Really guys?" I told my parents in a tired tone.

"Shut up and come hug me." My dad said making me laugh, I quickly ran to his arms and he hugged both my mom and dad tightly.

"Come on daddy, you got to put yourself together, after all you still have to walk me down the aisle." I said in a teasing tone trying to change the mood.

"Is there something I can do or say that will make you change your mind, just say the word and I will have a car ready for us, I could take you to Paris, you always wanted to go to Paris, right?" My dad said as he started to ramble making my mom and I chuckle in amusement.

"You know my father offered the same kind of bargain on our wedding day?" My mom said making me look at her shocked.

"Wait, grandpa did what?" I said as I looked at her surprised, former Alpha Montgomery offering to keep my mom and dad separated.

"Don't look at me like that Dawn, I was also his only daughter, and your dad and I had a rough start, but after the truth about Britney's mind controlling came out, once my dad found out that your dad hadn't really cheated on me he started to come around with the idea of being together. But that didn't stop him from trying all his resources on our wedding day." My mom said with a small laugh.

"Lizzy, I had already marked you and we had two kids, I had made up all my mistakes and got redemption, there was no way you were going to leave me on the aisle, besides Dawn has no ties to Lucas yet, well I could get a witch to get rid of her mark but there is still saving, she won't have to move so far away from us or leave me ever." My dad said and I gave a small chuckle.

"Dad, how could you even possibly say that?" I said laughing knowing that he was joking about all of this.

"A father can dream." My dad said before he hugged me tightly.

"I promise I will always visit, besides I can't cook not even if my life were at stake for it, so you will see me here more around than you would like to, I love mom's cooking and I will always be here to annoy the hell out of you dad." I told my dad making him smile.

"Well let's go, I think your boy will get worried if we delay." My dad said as he gestured me to follow him.

I was about to leave the room when I remembered my mom's present.

"Actually, I just have to fix one little thing before I get ready." I said making my mom cough uncomfortably.

I looked outside from the living room and felt my legs shake, I was minutes away from having my life change completely.

"Just remember to take deep breaths and grab your dad's arm tightly in case you trip." I heard a voice say behind me.

I turned around quickly to find Harmony standing there in curls and the deep blue one shoulder, lace dress that I had chosen for my maid of honor.

"You came!" I said excited before I threw my arms around her.

Harmony chuckled before she hugged me back, it was so good to have her back. My brother didn't deserve someone as strong and forgiving as Harmony, but I was glad that she was here, and how my brother had managed to pull this stunt off was beyond me.

But at this moment I could care less about it, all that mattered was that I had my one true friend here with me.

"Well Braden did mention that his virility was on the line if I didn't attend the wedding, he mentioned how many times both you and your mother threaten to castrate him if he did fail to get me to this wedding." Harmony said with a smile as we both laughed.

"I knew he was a smart boy." I said with a smirk before I noticed my dad and Braden making their way towards us.

"Well good luck, go knock them dead." Harmony said with a small wink before she interlaced her arm with Braden's and they went down the aisle.

Something seemed different about her, there was more life and confidence about her, she was starting to behave and look like a Luna, like the strong leader I knew she had the potential of becoming.

"You ready?" My dad said with a smile as he offered me his arm and I smiled back.

"I couldn't be any more." I said as I took his hand and we waited for our cue.

My mother and the pack had truly overdone themselves, the entire ceremony had been amazing, the smile on Lucas' face when he saw both Victoria's old pack and his father's join as one and recognize him as his Alpha was breathtaking, nothing could ever make him happier today. War was over, there were no more threats, and sure we had lost many soldiers and love ones in the process but we had found courage, strength and happiness in all of this. I knew for a fact that the transition to all of this was not going to be easy but we weren't alone on this, I had Lucas and he had me, we would work together as Alpha and Luna, we would provide a home for the packs that had united under our care, we would try to be good role figures for Lily for she was under our undivided care, we would try to do them best not only for everyone but for ourselves.

"Are you alright Mrs. Boyette, you seem quite lost in your head? Having second thoughts already?" Lucas said as he walked from behind me and wrapped his arms around my waist.

I smiled and leaned into his chest.

"This is wonderful, you all did this to be literally my perfect fairytale ending." I said as Lucas kissed my neck giving my mark some tingles.

"Anything for you sweet cheeks." Lucas murmured against my skin as he pulled me closer, I knew what he was trying to do, this horny alpha was trying to cut the ceremony short.

But not under my watch or under my Dad's for the matter.

"You might want to cut that off Luke, I'm too young to become a widow." I said making Lucas look at me confused and I gestured him my parents where my dad was currently sending my husband some serious death glares.

"He would start of war between our packs if he tried anything." Lucas said making me laugh.

"Don't underestimate my father." I said before I noticed Braden dragging Harmony away from the party and into the woods.

"And you shouldn't underestimate me either." Lucas said with a wolfish smirk.

"Yeah, there's no time for that we should go." I said as I grabbed Lucas' hand and yanked him into the woods with me.

"Where are we going? Is this part of the honeymoon?" Lucas asked me confused making me laugh.

"We have to follow those lovebirds; the honeymoon can wait." I said making Lucas groan before we headed into the woods.

Despite Lucas' various protest we headed into the forest away from the party knowing where Braden was taking Harmony, just minutes after the Lucas and I had exchanged vows, Braden had come up to my mom and I to tell us about his plan, I was just praying to the moon goddess that my brother wouldn't be too much of an idiot and screw everything up.

"What are we even doing? Dawn, I don't think we should be following them." Lucas said as I crouched near a tree where I had a clear view of them.

"It's fine, Braden knows that we're here." I said before I pulled out my phone and started to film.

"Braden, what are we doing here?" Harmony asked him confused with a smile, I guess she was amused by how nervous Braden was.

"Um, I have a surprise for you." Braden said as he scratched the back of his neck nervously, if this boy messed this up he was a dead man.

"Sweet cheeks, I don't think we should be here spying on them, besides people at the wedding will be wondering where we are." Lucas said as he placed his hand on my arm and tried to make me leave.

"People will be probably wondering that we left to have some alone time or something like that, besides I need to be here to assure that my brother doesn't fuck up. He already ruined things between him and Harmony, he would probably ruin everything and this time we could lose Harmony forever." I said before I pulled out my phone and started to film.

"Braden, what is it?" Harmony asked him as she frowned confused and Braden took a deep breath.

"Now, before you say or think something else, know that I had this planned since before Prom night. But because of everything that happened I had to postpone it all." Braden said as he looked around, he knew that I was already here.

"Braden, what are you talking about here?" Harmony asked before Braden gave me his sign and I played the music on my phone and the twinkle lights came on, I had placed some Bluetooth speakers around the lake and some lights for them.

The song started to play and I knew that Harmony just died a bit, it was an Ed Sheeran song, the same one that had played during prom night when they slowed dance, the same one Braden told me had been playing in the café when Braden had officially asked her out, it was their song.

"I know that from the moment we met I just shoved my entire world and problems at you without asking about your opinion, I have always taken you granted even when clearly I don't deserve you, I have always thought of you as someone weak and in need of my help when I in reality I am the one who needs you, I always thought that because you were a human you would constantly be under danger, that I would have to protect you and shield you from everyone but I was too blind to see how strong, brave and wonderful you are on your own. I am so grateful to the moon goddess that she chose you to be my mate because not only did she give me my other half but she also gave me my salvation. You saved me Harmony, without you or my family I would be a lost man, but you make me a better man, a better Alpha and not only would I be honored for you to officially become part of my life, and I think that I can speak in behalf of the pack when I say that we would be more than honored and grateful if you became our Luna. So, Harmony Monroe, will you marry me?" Braden asked as he pulled out the ring and got down on one knee.

Harmony who was long ago shedding tears gave a gasp, she clasped her hands together in front of her mouth as they shook. When she finally nodded Braden stood up, placed the ring before Harmony threw her arms around him and they kissed.

"And this is our cue to leave." I said as I stopped recording and grabbed Lucas' hand before we headed back to the wedding.

After a couple of minutes once we finished with all the slow dances, toasts, the cake and all Harmony and Braden walked up to us, Harmony's cheeks were flushed and she had been smiling for the rest of the night, I could tell that she was so happy.

"So, we have something to tell you guys." Braden said as he got close to us, he had a huge smirk and we already knew about the engagement so I wondered what else these two had instore for us.

"You do?" I asked as I looked at them in amusement.

"I'm pregnant." Harmony said and I saw how her eyes lighted up with happiness.

I frowned at this.

"You are?" I said shocked and Lucas looked at me confused, this was not so the reaction that they expected from me.

"That's great news, congratulations you two." Lucas said as he pulled me closer to snap me out of it.

"Yeah, congrats." I said in a monotone still confused.

"We're going to tell my dad and mum about it, we're breaking the news to the pack tomorrow." Braden said before he gestured Harmony away from us not before giving me a pointed look.

"Hey, what was that about?" Lucas asked as he looked at me confused.

"That makes no sense." I said as I continued to frown, I had never been so lost.

"What are you talking about, what's wrong with you?" Lucas asked me worried.

"Did I ever tell you when I saw the future and I told my Aunt Abby that she was going to have a baby and months later she found out that she was pregnant with Angel. Well that was before when I was little, and as time passed I was able to see small glimpses of the future, to control it if I really focused on something, days ago I tried to see if Harmony would come to the wedding and I saw it all, the wedding, Braden proposing, things that happened between you and I, the pack and all but in not a single one of them was Harmony pregnant." I said as I met Lucas' gaze.

"What are you trying to say?" Lucas asked as he looked at me with a worried tone.

"That there is no way Harmony can be pregnant right now, I only have two explanations, either I made a mistake which would be a first or Harmony is a really good liar." I said as I looked at Harmony who was currently being embraced by my mother.

[Ed Sheeran's song mentioned: Kiss Me]

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

56.9K 2.9K 34
16 years later and the Red Dawn Pack has been growing steadfast! Blake and Aria's children are teenagers now, and are learning how to develop and con...
814K 25.4K 36
Sequel To "What's An Alpha Ash just turned 18 and with his twin Andrew following behind a new school year approaches and they are now seniors Them b...
10.1M 178K 37
This was my first story when I was literally 12 so please be gentle. Everything is unedited from 12 year old me because I'm focusing on completely re...
554K 12.5K 29
Taylor Greenwood only had two friends; the alphas son and her twin brother. When the future alpha turns eighteen, two things will happen: he will be...