La Cantante

By tufano79

Bella is a freshman in college studying to be a music teacher. Edward is a pre-med student at the same school... More

Orientation
Unexpected Changes
Party Time!
The Singer
Reaction
Inquisition
Buona Notte
First Day of School
Complications
Sectionals
Emerson Express
Birthday Surprise
Attack of the Killer Pixie
Observation Hours
Dinner with the Cullens
Football: The Great American Past Time
Lingerie Fairies and Other Fun
Mind Blowing Perfect Pitch
Nightmares and Drama
Police Report and the Aftermath
A Major Switch
Homecoming Week
Bed and Breakfast and Bed and Bathtub ...
Homecoming Excitement
Holy Crap and Halloween
Sapphires and Supper
Snow, Snow, Snow, Snow
Dance Lessons
Traveling to Toronto
Toronto Express
Magnificat
Celebrations and Such
Eclipse
Black Wednesday
Thanksgiving
Truth or Dare
Christmas Elves
Moving Day
Finals
Video Remembrances, Tattoos, Announcements ... Oh, My!
Pain and Presents
A Swan Family Christmas
Jacob Black
A Life Lived in Fear ...
... Is a Life Half-Lived
New Year's Eve
Ramblings of a Dark and Twisted Mind
Happiness
Only Dogs Can Hear Pixies Squeal
Back to School
Self-Defense
The Gig
Revenge is Sweet ... Is It?
Hell
Recovery
Nightmares and Renee
Therapy
Volvo 2.0
Closure and Healing
Amazed
Valentine's Day
Feisty Bella, to the Extreme
Alice's Prediction
Disciplinary Action
Wedding Dresses
Good Vibrations
Engagement Photos
Choir Tour
Sick
Fluff
The Windy City
Masen
Explanations
Courtroom Drama and Pampering
Dancing and Senior
Resolutions
Odyssey and Twilight
To Record Deal or Not To Record Deal?
Decisions
Broken Millers
"Wild" Recording Sessions
Hangovers and Future Discussions
Honors Recital
Jacksonville
Transitions
End of the School Year
Italy
L'Italia, part due
Go Roma!
Everything is BIGGER in Texas
Il Divo
Recording Sessions and Bachelor Parties
Boning ... Pictures ... Wedding?
Fast Forward
Mrs. Edward Cullen
First Day of Forever
Breaking Midnight
Epilogue

Confrontations and Pleasant Dreams

830 35 2
By tufano79

Author's Note: I own NONE of this. No copyright infringement is intended. I just wanted to borrow the characters and play with them.

Thank you to all of the people who have faved and/or commented on my story! It means more to me than you can imagine!

Chapter Sixty-Five: Confrontations and Pleasant Dreams

EPOV

Saying goodbye sucks.

I mean, really, really sucks.

I hated being away from Bella. Whenever we're separated, something goes wrong. Alice had a 'feeling' that something was going to happen this weekend and it was going to happen to me. I just hope that a speaker falls on my toe and that's it. Knowing Alice's ominous prediction, that is probably not it.

The damn pixie and her 'feelings.'

I just needed to get through this weekend and be with my Bella. Only sixty hours until I see her again. I can do this. I know I can do this. I'll be occupied. Tonight, we have our gig at Eclipse, sans Bella. Damn it. Then, the guys are spending the weekend at my apartment for male bonding. Whatever that means. Probably watching a lot of sports, an overabundance of flatulence and eating pizza and beer.

Oh, goody. I'd rather go to the symphony with Bella.

I heaved a sigh and went back into the apartment. I took a shower because I didn't shower this morning. I felt a bit nasty. I styled my hair and put on my Breaking Midnight costume of black jeans and my Breaking Midnight t-shirt. After I changed, I went into the freezer and took out a frozen dinner. I stuck it into the microwave and cooked it. I nibbled on my dinner and put the tray into the garbage. I walked to the trash chute, tossing the garbage down it. As I was walking back to the empty apartment, sigh, my phone rang in my pocket.

"Hello?" I greeted, sounding absolutely pitiful.

"What up, douche?" Emmett barked.

"Hello to you, too, Emmett," I snapped. "What's up?"

"The hick and I are heading to the storage locker to get our equipment. Do you want to join us for dinner?" Emmett asked.

"I just ate, but I'll come out with you because it's better than sitting in an empty apartment," I muttered dejectedly.

"Dude, you got to snap out of it. I miss Rosie and Jasper misses Alice, but we're not pissing and moaning about it," Emmett teased.

"I know. It's just every time we're apart, something bad happens," I reasoned.

"Nothing bad is going to happen. Jacob is deader than a doornail," Emmett pressed. "Trust me. Please, Cullen!"

"Fine, Em. Where do you want to go for dinner?" I asked.

"McFinnigans. I need me some grease," Emmett bellowed.

"I'll meet you there. About six?" I ask.

"Works for me. You'll be fine, Edward. Quit being such a pansy ass," Emmett griped.

"Whatever, Emmett. I'll see you at McFinnigans." I ended the call and rolled my eyes. I pinched my nose between my fingers and walked into the apartment. Once in there, I walked to the office. I was working on a song for Bella. I've had this idea rolling around in my head for a while. I finally began to put it to paper after Valentine's Day. I was about halfway through it and I wanted to finish it before our wedding. By finishing it, I wanted to complete writing it and record it at the studio in Brandon.

I worked on Bella's song for a couple of hours before I decide to head off to the restaurant. I was getting ready to go to McFinnigans and I was searching frantically for my glasses case. I needed to wear them to the restaurant and the club since I was driving. I still refused to wear them on stage as I had an 'image' to uphold. I'm not a vain guy, but it's not cool when a singer in a rock band has to wear glasses. I finally found the case and slipped it in my jacket pocket. I got my guitar and my messenger bag, walking down to the car. I drove to McFinnigans and saw Emmett and Jasper sitting in the bar. I ambled over to their table and eased on to one of the stools.

"Hey guys," I smile.

"Drink up, Cullen," Emmett retorts, passing me a beer. "You need to drink your sorrows away."

I roll my eyes and take a sip of the beer that was handed to me. "Have you heard from Alice or Rose?"

"Nope. Probably won't hear from them until they get to Rose's place," Jasper drawled. "The girls are spending the entire weekend planning your wedding."

"Sounds like a great time," I said, dryly.

"We got it lucky, man. All we have to do is show up, on time, in a tux," Jasper laughed. "Women have to get all gussied up and shit. It's gnarly."

"However, we like it when they get gussied up," I said, raising my glass.

"Amen to that, brother," Emmett boomed. "I've been meaning to ask you. Have you heard anything from that music rep that your old choir director works with?"

"Not recently. I got the email from Garrett the day that Bella was in her car accident. I briefly mentioned it to him when I saw him on Monday, but we both were not really all there. I was worried about Bella and Garrett was focused on his wife who was about to go into labor. If something happens, great. If not, we'll just keep doing what we do," I stated.

"I was thinking," Jasper said with a contemplative look on his face.

"Stop the presses," I teased.

"Shut it, douche," Jasper snorted, smacking my arm. "Anyhoo ... I was thinking that we should get some merchandise. We've made some decent money from working at Eclipse and we can make some more t-shirts and hoodies. What do you think?"

"I think we should do some research of local silk-screen companies and get some quotes," I replied. "Good idea, Jas."

"I have a few brain cells that work, ass," Jasper barked, rolling his eyes. "I can do some research this weekend. How much money do we have in the account that you and Bella set up?"

"About $4000. We should also think about recording a few CDs to sell as well," I suggested. "We can use the recording studio at Brandon to make the demo and burn them using my computer at home."

"I can create the jacket for the CDs. One of my assignments for computer graphic design is to create a CD cover for a 'make believe' band. I can create our jacket for my assignment," Emmett said excitedly.

"Excellent!" I smiled. "Have you guys ordered?"

"Yeah, right before you got here. Do you want anything?" Jasper asked.

"I may get an appetizer. Nothing too heavy," I responded, looking for our server. I caught a server's eye and waved her down. She indicated to me to wait before she swayed over to our table.

"Hiya. What can I get you?" she asked sweetly.

"Can I get an order of mozzarella sticks, please?" I asked politely.

"You got it. You want another beer?"

"Nah, I'm good. Can I get water though?" I questioned, not wanting to push my luck.

"Sure thing. I'll be right back with your orders." Our waitress scurried off.

"So, Edward, since the girls are talking wedding stuff, let's do the same," Emmett beamed.

"Oh, good lord," I blushed. "What?"

"Why are you blushing, Cullen?"

"I'm not blushing," I lied. I could feel the heat in my cheeks. However, I didn't know why I was blushing.

"Suuuure," Emmett laughed. "Have you decided on where you're going for your honeymoon?"

"My family owns a small island off the coast of Brazil. We acquired it about sixty years ago. My grandparents purchased it. They built a small house there, but Esme has since renovated it," I replied. "I'm planning on taking Bella there. We're going to spend two weeks at this island. It's called Isle Esme."

"Who named it?" Jasper asked.

"Jasper? Really?" I laughed, arching my brow over my glasses. "It wasn't named until Carlisle inherited it from his father. He essentially gifted it to Esme when they got married."

"Oh," Jasper whispered. Then, it dawned on him. "OH...now I get it."

I shook my head in disbelief of my friend. I love Jasper. Really, I do. But, he's not the brightest bulb.

Our waitress returned with our food. Emmett and Jasper both ordered hamburgers and I received my mozzarella sticks. We tucked into our food and the conversation comes to a screeching halt. As I was finishing my last mozzarella stick, my phone chirped from my pocket. I pulled it out and saw a text from Bella.

My ass is asleep. Too many hours in the car – B

Poor baby. Do you need me to massage it? – E

Yes please ;) – B

How much longer until you get to Rose's place? – E

About another hour or so – B

Sounds like a great time. Has Alice talked the entire time? – E

Fuck my life, yes! Is she always like this? – B

Yes. Especially in the car. She feels it necessary to fill the silence with incessant chatter – E

I'm thinking I'm going to slip her an Ativan on the car ride back to Emerson – B

LOL! Smart woman – E

Gotta go. Alice is threatening to take my phone away. Evil little sprite – B

Love you, baby. Miss you a ton – E

Love you more, Edward. Break a leg tonight – B

I'll try not to – E

Dork – B

Your dork – E

Love you – B

Love you too – E

I smiled and put my phone back into my pocket. Our waitress returned with the check and we quickly paid our bill. We drove over to Eclipse to set up for our show. Kellan greeted us with a small crew of workers to move our equipment onto the stage. We are set up in less than a half hour and we are ushered into the green room.

It felt weird to not have Bella with us. Just saying.

We all do our pre-show rituals and wait for Kellan to announce us. We said a quick prayer and listened intently. We heard Kellan announce our band and we quickly moved onto the stage. We begin our set with "The Pretender" by the Foo Fighters. The crowd erupted in cheers and we feed off of their energy. My 'funk' quickly dissipates and I focus on making this the best show I can. I close my eyes and imagine that Bella is standing next to me. I could almost feel her presence and I smiled.

We're about halfway through our set when we slow things down a bit. I pick up my acoustic guitar and begin playing "Never Think."

I should never think
What's in your heart
What's in our home
So I won't

You'll learn to hate me
But still call me baby
Oh love
So call me by my name

And save your soul
Save your soul
Before your too far gone
Before nothing can be done

As I'm singing, I looked around the crowd. I couldn't see much, as things are pretty blurry. However, I saw a shock of red hair and I was fearful that it's Victoria. I shook it off and continued singing.

I'll try to decide when
She'll lie in the end
I ain't got no fight in me
In this whole damn world
Tell you to hold off
You choose to hold on
It's the one thing that I've known

Once I put my coat on
I coming out in this all wrong
She standing outside holding me
Saying oh please
I'm in love
I'm in love

Girl save your soul
Go on save your soul
Before it's too far gone
And before nothing can be done

Cause without me
You got it all
So hold on
Without me you got it all
So hold on
Without me you got it all
So hold on
Without me you got it all
So hold on

I finished the song and we moved on to our next piece, "When I'm Gone." The rest of our set goes by uneventfully. I kept looking out into the audience for the red hair, but do not see it. I'm praying that it is just my imagination running away with me and that she's not here. After our final piece, "Sweet Child of Mine," I thanked the audience and the lights fade out. We scrambled off the stage and went into the green room. Emmett was enthusiastic at our performance. So is Jasper. I felt it went okay, but would have gone better if Bella had been with us. The magic wasn't there and it bothered me a bit. A few moments passed and Kellan burst through the door.

"Once again, fantastic job, guys!" he gushed. "Here's your check from last week."

I reach for the envelope and give him a tight smile. "Thanks, Kellan."

"Are you available sometime this week? We would like to have you perform twice coming up," Kellan said enthusiastically.

"Probably not this week. We have midterms in all of our classes and we all have studying and papers due," Jasper said. "The week after next should be a bit better."

Emmett and I nodded. Kellan made note of it in his Blackberry. "Can you perform on Friday next week, then?"

"Should be fine. We'll call you if it doesn't work out," I said diplomatically.

"Alright. Works for me. The VIP area is available for you if you want. You can pick up your equipment tomorrow," Kellan said with a grin. "See you next week."

"Thanks, Kellan," Emmett boomed. "I'm going to go up to the VIP lounge and grab a beer. Let's live it up while the girls are gone."

"I'm game," Jasper responded.

"One drink," I conceded. I slipped my glasses onto my face and picked up my wallet. We walked out into the crowd and were greeted with a mass of humanity who want our autographs and pictures. It was a bit disconcerting. We slowly made our way to the VIP lounge and sat down in the couches. Emmett got up to get us drinks, as Jasper and I were still underage. Jasper was playing on his cell phone. The dreamy look in his indicated he was talking to Alice. I felt my phone buzz in my pocket and I saw a quick text from my love. She said that she got to the villa and was going to bed. I responded with a quick 'I love you' and slipped my phone back into my pocket. Emmett returned with our beers and we drank to a good set.

I was about halfway through my beer and I decided to head to the bathroom. I moved through the crowd, battling hands on my shoulders and people begging for my picture. I gave them a polite smile but kept moving. I went into the bathroom and took care of business. I was washing my hands when I heard the door open up. I looked up in the mirror and saw red hair.

"Hello, Edward," came a sweet, baby voice. "You have a beautiful voice and such dynamic stage presence."

"Victoria, you do realize that this is the men's bathroom, right?" I responded, trying use humor to diffuse the situation. My cold tone made the joke fall flat.

"I know it's the men's bathroom," she said. Victoria locked the door and sauntered up to me. Her red hair was wild and her blue eyes were filled with lust. "I want to make you feel good, Edward. You're such an attractive man. You must have women falling at your feet."

"Victoria, this is highly inappropriate," I sputtered. I backed away from the counter and tried to get to the door. She blocked it by wrapping her arms around my neck.

"Edward, I know you want me," she cooed. "I can see it in your eyes. You want to fuck me."

"Victoria, no," I said, pushing her arms away. "I'm not in any way attracted to you. I'm engaged to be married and I love my fiancée very much."

"That little mouse?" Victoria seethed. "She's not worthy of you. You deserve a woman. Not a girl."

"She's plenty woman for me," I fumed. I side stepped her and attempted to get to the door. "I'd like to go."

"Not until you feel what a real woman is like," Victoria snarled as she pushed me against the wall of the bathroom. She pressed her lips against mine and thrust her tongue between my lips. I fought the overwhelming feeling of throwing up as I gently pushed her back from me. She refused to move away, grabbing my hair and pulling. I turned my head and managed to get out of her grasp. She is breathless and her eyes are hooded. "I never would have pegged you to like it rough"

"You're delusional, Victoria," I sneered. Victoria reeled back and smacked me across my face. She screamed, beginning to tug at her hair.

"You'll pay for this, Mr. Cullen," she growls. "You assaulted me and you will be thrown out of Emerson."

"No, I won't," I replied calmly.

"Who do you think Dean Volturi will believe? You, a big man or me, an innocent woman?"

"Me. Because I have proof," I smile evilly. I pointed over her shoulder to a small security camera that was in the bathroom. "You came on to me. And it's all on tape. You hit me. And it's all on tape."

Victoria screamed again, running out of the bathroom. I walked back to the sink and took a few deep breaths. After a few moments, I ran into one of the stalls and heaved up my dinner. Victoria's actions were reprehensible and unwarranted. It made me sick. I splashed some water on my face and swished some in my mouth. I quickly leave the bathroom and find Jasper and Emmett. I told them that I wasn't feeling good and I needed to head home. Of course, they gave me shit, but I needed to get out of there. As soon as I get into my apartment and run to my bedroom and lay down on Bella's side of the bed. I let her scent wash over me as I lay on her pillows and it calms me. Without changing, I fall into a deep, troubled sleep, incredibly pissed at what happened and fearful of what Victoria could do with her threats.

Mental note: Call Kellan about the security tapes tomorrow.

xx LC xx

I woke up the next morning to the phone ringing. I groggily moved from the bed and walked to where it was charging.

"Hello?"

"Morning, Edward," Bella chirped happily.

"Morning, Bella," I replied. "How Vermont?"

"It's beautiful. We're staying at Rose's villa and it's huge. It makes your home look like a shack. No offense."

"None taken, baby," I laughed.

"Did I wake you, Edward? I'm sorry," she gushed.

"Yeah, you woke me, but I'd rather talk with you. Sleep is overrated," I retorted. "What are you doing now?"

"We're at a local spa and I'm waiting to get a massage with Hilda," Bella said excitedly. "She's a former athletic trainer and is aware of my injuries. She promises I'll be like Jello when she's done with me. How was the show?"

It's now or never, Cullen. You need to tell her what Victoria did. Fuck. My. Life.

"The show itself went really well. I felt that there was no magic because you weren't there, but the crowd was excited and enjoyed it. However, there was some drama afterward," I began.

"Let me guess. Victoria? Was she there?" Bella said curtly.

"Um, yeah. She cornered me in the men's bathroom and threw herself at me," I said nervously, nibbling on my thumbnail.

"Stupid bitch. I'm so getting her fired, too," Bella fumed.

"Don't worry about it. I'm going to call Kellan and get the security tapes from the club. I'm going to Dean Volturi and informing him about the situation. I'm actually going to call Kellan after we get off the phone and ask to pick up the tapes," I explained.

"I'll let you go, then. Hilda is beckoning. This discussion is not over, Edward," Bella snapped.

"I know, baby. Are you mad?"

"Not at you. I know you would never do that to me. Because if you did, Rose, Emmett and I would feed you your balls dipped in caramel," Bella responded.

"Not something I would look forward to," I grimaced. "I love you, Bella."

"I love you, too, Edward. Call Kellan," she demanded. "I'll call you later."

"Bye, love," I answered as I ended the call. I took a few cleansing breaths and dialed Kellan. I realize that it was early but I needed to contact him. Sleep be damned.

"It's 9:30 in the morning, Edward. What do you want?" Kellan barked into the phone. "I didn't get home until after three."

"Hello to you, too, Kellan. I'm sorry to bother you so early, but I wouldn't have it wasn't important," I said.

"Now you've got my attention. What's up?" Kellan asked, slightly more awake.

"Last night, a woman came into the men's bathroom and started to, well, um...?"

"Some chick tried to jump you?" Kellan offered.

"Sounds about right. The thing is that she's my TA for one of my classes here at Emerson. She's threatening to get me expelled and is going to go to the Dean for my 'behavior,'" I snorted humorlessly. "It's bullshit. She is also saying that I came on to her and she's the innocent."

"That's crap. What do you need?" Kellan asked.

"I need a copy of the security tapes because I'm going to the Dean first with proof that she was coming on to me. Not the other way around," I stated.

"Can you be at the club by eleven? We recycle the tapes every week and we start new tapes on Saturday."

"With bells on."

"Awesome. Meet me at the back door at eleven and we'll burn you a copy of the tape from the men's bathroom. Later, Edward," Kellan said.

"Thanks, Kellan. See you in a bit," I smiled. I hopped out of bed and ran to the shower. I never changed out of my clothes last night and I felt totally nasty. I quickly went through my shower routine and threw my clothes into the hamper. I grabbed a pair of jeans and a hoodie and put them onto my still damp body. I picked up the hamper and put a load of laundry into the washer before I ate some breakfast. I left the apartment after a half hour and drove over to Eclipse. As he said, a very tired Kellan was standing by the back door. He was in a pair of workout pants and he had a pair of thick glasses on his nose. I hopped out of the car and walked up to him, giving him my signature smile.

"Ain't going to dazzle me today, Cullen," he grumbled. "Let's go. I need to sleep some more."

"Thank you again, Kellan. I really appreciate this," I said. Kellan simply nodded and unlocked the back door. He punched in the security code and we walked into the club. He led me up some stairs to the security room and he plopped down on one of the cushy chairs that were in there. He swiped his hands over the keyboards and the screens popped to life.

"Around what time did this chick come into the bathroom?" Kellan asked, looking over his shoulder.

"About 10:30."

On one of the screens, he pulls up the time stamp of 10:30 and you saw me walk into the bathroom. Thankfully the urinals were out of the view of the camera. I watched as the 'video me' went to wash my hands and Victoria snuck into the bathroom and started her seduction. As we watched, it was clear as day that I was the 'victim' in this whole thing. Not her. Kellan made me a copy of what happened and handed it to me. "I'm sorry, man. She looks like she's all types of crazy. I know that you're incredibly happy with Bella. What's her name?"

"Victoria," I answered simply. "I can't remember her last name right now, but she's a bit hard to miss."

"Yeah. I remember her. Bright red hair, right?"

"Yep. Thank you for this," I replied, holding the DVD.

"I take care of my own. You're a good kid, Edward. You've been through enough. Anything to make things a little easier is my goal," Kellan said quietly. "I'll add her picture and name into the 'no admittance list.'"

"Thanks. I'm going to see if the Dean is in his office today and get this settled, permanently," I said as grabbed my keys from my coat pocket.

"Good luck, Edward. See you next week."

"Bye, Kellan," I said as I darted out of the room. I slid into my Volvo and looked up Dean Volturi's number. I found it and called it as I pulled away from Eclipse.

"Dean Aro Volturi," he barked into the phone.

"Dean Volturi? My name is Edward Cullen and I'm a student at Emerson University. I was wondering if you have time to meet with me. I want to file a complaint against a teaching assistant at the university."

"Of course, Edward. I'm in my office doing some paperwork. Stop by anytime today," Dean Volturi replied.

"I'm on my way now. I'll be there in a little bit, sir."

"Just come right in when you get here. The door will be open." Dean Volturi ended the call and I increased my speed back to Emerson. I made it there in record time. I parked my car and darted into the building that housed Dean Volturi's office. Not wanting to wait for the elevator, I ran up the stairs and walked to the disciplinary offices. Gianna, Aro's secretary was sitting there, signing some papers.

"Can I help you?" she asked kindly.

"I'm here to see Dean Volturi. I'm Edward Cullen," I replied, slightly out of breath.

"He said to go right in," Gianna smiled.

I nodded and opened Dean Volturi's door. I walked into the large room and toward the desk near the windows. "Dean Volturi?"

"I think the last time we met, I asked you to call me Aro," he said with a smile. "How are you doing, Mr. Cullen?"

"I could be better, Aro. I want to file a complaint against Victoria St. Peters. She's the teaching assistant for Dr. Laurent Meyers. She's been making overt sexual comments and touching me inappropriately. It started with an incident during a test in the music building. Then, last night, she kissed me and threatened to come to your office and get me expelled."

"Oh dear," Aro said quietly. "Do you have proof of this alleged kiss?"

"Yes sir," I replied, removing the DVD from my jacket pocket.

Aro picked it up and walked to a small television in his office. He sat down and put the DVD into the player and turned it on. He watched the interaction between Victoria and me a few times before he frowned. "This is unacceptable. Is this the first time she approached you like this?"

"It was the first time where she kissed me. However, earlier this week, she administered a test for Aural Harmony and she put her arms around my waist and laid her head on my back. I asked her to stop, but she refused. I've spoken with Dr. Meyers about this and he mentioned it to her. She flat out denied it saying I came on to her, propositioning her for sex. That is not the case. I'm engaged to be married. I'm not interested in the slightest," I spat.

"Well, first off, congratulations on your engagement," Aro said, trying to calm me down. I took a deep breath and gave him a tight smile. "Secondly, I'll need to do some investigating. For now, she'll be removed from your class as the TA and be placed under administrative leave. If she tries anything else, please contact me as soon as possible. I'm terribly sorry about this ordeal, Mr. Cullen."

"It's not your fault, Aro. However, I appreciate your apology. When you do talk to her, she will say that I came onto her. As you can see from the video I gave you that is not the case."

"Yes. She was quite forceful with you. You handled it like a gentleman. Anyhow, I'll be in touch," Aro said kindly. He held out his hand and I shook it. We both walked to his door and he ushered me out. "This will be resolved, Mr. Cullen. Good luck."

"Thank you, Aro. I appreciate your help with this," I said. He nodded and I stepped out of his office. I waved at Gianna and waited for the elevator. As I was waiting, I sent a text to Bella.

I met with Aro about what happened last night. He needs to investigate, but hopefully she's gone – E

Good. Enough drama. We need to have good times, damn it! – B

You're telling me. How was the massage? – E

Fabulous. Hilda is the bomb! Getting ready for a mud bath – B

Um, isn't that counterintuitive? – E

It's supposed to make your skin really soft. But yes it is. LOL – B

Well, enjoy your mud bath. Call me later, baby? – E

Of course handsome. Love you! – B

Love you more – E

I drove back to the apartment and waited for the call from Emmett and Jasper. We were heading over to Eclipse after three to pick up our equipment. I decided to do some work on my final project for education. I had purchased a couple of books to use as resources and did some reading. I then created some worksheets based off the articles that I read. By the time Emmett and Jasper gave me a call, I had the basic outline for my Jazz and Blues unit and some introductory activities for the 'imaginary' students.

We drove over to Eclipse and loaded our equipment into our respective vehicles. Now that I had a larger car, I was able to take some equipment as well. I fit the sound system and speakers into the back of the car. Emmett placed his drum set and speaker stands into his truck. We drove to the storage facility and loaded it up. Before we left, I paid the attendant for the next six months out of the checking account that we created for Breaking Midnight. We drove back to my apartment and ordered some pizza. There was a UFC fight on and the guys wanted to watch it on my flat screen. They all chipped in some money and I ordered it through Pay Per View. The fight was about to start when my phone started vibrating in my pocket. I stood up and picked up a few empty beer bottles and walked to the kitchen.

"Hello, beautiful," I answered.

"How are you doing, handsome?" Bella giggled.

"Better now that I'm talking to you," I said.

"Oh GAG ME!" Emmett boomed from the living room.

"Smack him upside the head," Bella laughed.

"Your wish is my command, baby," I snorted. I walked back to the living room and smacked Emmett. He flipped me the bird and I stuck my tongue out. "I'm going to go into the bedroom to finish this call, you douche."

"Don't have phone sex with my sister," Emmett teased.

"Too late for that," I answered. I heard Bella laughing over the phone and Emmett scowled at me. I rolled my eyes and walked to the bedroom, closing the door. "Your brother is an idiot, Bella."

"You're just NOW figuring this out, Edward. For someone who is 'Mensa' material, you're a little slow," she teased.

"Shut it, Swan," I warned. "I miss you."

"I miss you, too, baby," she said sadly. "Only twelve more hours until I see you. Aren't we pathetic?"

"Yes, but I'm okay with that," I laughed. "How was the rest of your day?"

"It was good. My skin is silky smooth, thanks to my counterintuitive mud bath. I got a manicure and pedicure. We finished it all off with getting stuff waxed. I just got my brows done, nothing else. Since, well, you know," Bella mumbled.

"Are you blushing, my beautiful Bella?" I teased as I laid back on the pillows.

"Yes," she squeaked.

"You don't need to, you know. I love you what you do for me," I replied huskily. "It turns me on."

"It hurts while I'm getting it done, but feels so good when we make love or when you go down on me," she cooed.

"Baby, we probably should stop. I'm getting hard over here..." I sighed.

"I'm getting wet," she purred.

"Fuck. Me."

"When I get home, handsome. As soon as I walk through the door, be prepared for me to jump you," she giggled.

"I'll start doing to strength and endurance training. We are not leaving the apartment on Monday except for our dance rehearsal with Felix. The rest of the time will be spent naked," I said seriously.

"Works for me. I hate to cut this short, but Alice is throwing things at me. We are heading to some fancy restaurant in town. I wanted to hear your incredibly sexy voice before I left. I really miss you, baby."

"I miss you more, my love. Less than twelve hours. Enjoy your fancy dinner while I eat nasty pizza and smell Jasper and Emmett's flatulence over here," I grumbled.

"I'm so sorry, Edward. Have fun. Love you."

"Love you too. Bye baby," I replied quietly. Bella hung up the phone and I ended the call on my end. Shortly after our call ended my phone buzzed. I received a new text from Bella. She snapped a picture of herself, making a kissy face toward me. I threw my head back and laughed and did the same for her. I walked back out to the living room to find the flatulence twins sprawled out on my couch, coffee table covered in pizza crusts and beer bottles.

I so do NOT miss this.

I rolled my eyes and picked up the food and beer bottles, tossing them into the garbage. After cleaning up from the two human pig sties, I grabbed my own beer and settled down to watch the fight. I really wasn't into it, but it was better than wallowing in my own self-pity that I missed Bella. The fights ended a little after one in the morning. I insisted that Jasper and Emmett both stay as they were both pretty lit. Emmett actually conked out on the couch and I helped Jasper to the office. He was pretty incoherent as he called me Alice and tried to kiss me. I managed to dance away from his puckering lips and went into my bedroom. I washed my face and stripped out of my clothes. I closed my eyes and fell into a deep sleep.

xx LC xx

I am standing in our meadow, wearing a black tuxedo and white vest. Emmett and Jasper are standing behind me. The sun is shining and the meadow is filled with fragrant flowers. I look out to my family and I smile. Today is the day that I join myself with the love of my life. Of my existence. The string quartet begins to play 'Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring,' and each bridesmaid walks down the aisle toward our altar.

Angela comes first, wearing a beautiful purple dress, carrying a small bouquet of purple and white flowers. She glances at Ben and gives him a shy smile. Next comes Rosalie. She looks radiant in the same dress as Angela. Her hair is curled and looks like a halo around her face. She smiles joyously as she walks down the aisle. Alice is last before my love. Alice dances down the aisle, looking more like a fairy than a bridesmaid. She smiles at me and gives me a wink.

The string quartet seamlessly morphs to 'Canon in D' by Pachelbel. Our friends and family stand up and block my view. After a few moments, I see her. Bella is on the arm of her father, wearing a beautiful white gown and long veil. She moves gracefully toward me, tears streaming down her face. I can only assume they are tears of joy and not of sadness. I have the same tears coming down my face. My love. My life. My singer.

Charlie stops her before the altar and gives her a watery smile. Bella reluctantly pulls her eyes away from mine and looks at her dad. He gently kisses her cheek before he places her hand into mine. When our hands touch, a strong energy flows between our fingers, causing both of us to gasp. I squeeze her hand, relishing her touch. I hear a faint whisper.

"I love you, my Edward. My singer. My son, you deserve all this happiness. I'm always with you. I love you both," Elizabeth whispers. Bella and I look up and we see my mother. We are the only ones who see her. She is wearing a white dress and she looks healthy. Her green eyes are sparkling and she touches both of our cheeks. "Lei è l'amore di l'un l'altro, l'anima gemella di l'un l'altro. Lei entrambi sono i cantanti di l'un l'altro. Essere felice e celebrare il suo amore."

My mother gives me a warm, lopsided smile and kisses my forehead. She does the same to Bella and with a gust of wind she is gone. Bella and I look at each other, our love affirmed and we turn to face Pastor Webber.

My eyes flutter open and I smile at the beautiful dream I just had. In her own way, my mother has given her approval of my Bella. I sit up and I can feel the dampness on my cheeks. I sneak into the office where Jasper was sleeping and I grab my laptop. I type the dream to the best of my ability because I don't want to forget such a wonderful memory. Even if it is in my dreams, I will cherish it always.

I lay back down and I whisper, "Thank you, Mom. I'm so glad that you approve of my Bella." I feel a slight breeze and my hair is brushed off my forehead. "I love you, too, Mom." My eyes close and I smile as I fall back asleep.

A/N: Breaking Midnight's Set List:

The Pretender – Foo Fighters

Drive – Incubus

Send the Pain Below – Chevelle

Can't Change Me – Chris Cornell

Summer of '69 – Bryan Adams

Dream On – Aerosmith

Under the Bridge – Red Hot Chili Peppersf

Lithium – Nirvana

Never Think – Robert Pattinson

When I'm Gone – Three Doors Down

Don't Stop Believing – Journey

You Gave Love a Bad Name – Bon Jovi

I write Sins, Not Tragedies – Panic at the Disco

Smells Like Teen Spirit – Nirvana

This Ain't a Scene – Fall Out Boy

Sweet Child of Mine – Guns and Roses

Translation:

Lei è l'amore di l'un l'altro, l'anima gemella di l'un l'altro. Lei entrambi sono i cantanti di l'un l'altro. Essere felice e celebrare il suo amore - You are each other's love, each other's soul mate. You both are each other's singer. Be happy and celebrate your love.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

26.3K 936 31
Edward is a choral director, reeling from his recent divorce from his wife, Jessica. His world is filled with his daughter, Emma, his music and his j...
39.1K 1.5K 36
Isabella Swan moved away from the world she's known, trying to move on from the loss of her parents and raising her baby sister, Katie. She's always...
11.7K 564 20
In the blink of an eye, your world can change. You can experience the greatest happiness ... or succumb to the world's worst pain, losing someone tha...
71.2K 2.4K 40
Dr. Edward Masen lived a lonely, miserable existence as an emergency room attending at Harborview Medical Center. He ate, breathed and lived for his...