Headstrong

By wheeleregg

Amanda Potter was separated from her brother after that night. Growing up in a Pureblood family, she understa... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Author's Note
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Author's Note

Prologue

468 9 1
By wheeleregg

The girl is approaching.
Born on the night her parents will die.
Blessed with the ability to transform into the creature that never dies.
One of the chosen four, she will have a strong connection with Death.
She is approaching.

...

"Mum, can I go? Can I go?"

Melody Bloom chuckled at the excitement of the young witch. Her husband, Francis, swiftly picked Amanda Potter up and gave her a hug and a kiss on the nose before setting her down again.

Amanda looked up at him with disgust and wiped her nose with her scarf, making the adults chuckle.

Melody nodded, "Yes you can go. But just remember, be good, try not to participate in too many pranks and... oh, and behave."

Amanda giggled, nodded, and ran off to the train.

She ran up the steps to the train, before running back and giving her parents one last quick hug, and running back onto the train, just as the whistle blew. She raced to her compartment and sat down, closing the door behind her.

Grabbing a piece of parchment, she began working on the plans for her first prank.

The door to the compartment opened. Amanda looked up at the door to see three boys standing there, two with red hair and one with dark brown.

They stepped into the compartment and the one with dark brown hair asked, "May we sit here?"

Amanda nodded her head and looks at them with curiosity, before hiding the prank plans away.

"I'm Fred Weasley and this is my twin George Weasley." one of the red-haired boys said, shaking her hand.

"I'm Lee Jordan." The last boy said, him too shaking her hand.

Amanda smiled shyly and introduced herself, "Hello. My name is Amanda. Amanda Potter."

The boys looked up at her, awe in their faces, making Amanda feel thoroughly confused.

"You're Amanda Potter. Sister to The Boy-Who-Lived, Harry Potter?" George asked.

"Yes." Amanda said with a frown.

"What's the matter?" Lee asked.

"I haven't seen Harry for a really long time." Amanda sighed. "I don't know why, but I'm not allowed to see him." 

"Well, you'll be able to see him when he gets to Hogwarts, right?" George pointed out.

Amanda nodded. "Yeah, I guess. I just miss him."

"Do you like pranks?" Fred asked, trying to change the subject.

"Yes!" Amanda beamed excitedly and immediately brought out the plans she was making for her first prank at Hogwarts.

The three boys laughed at her excitement, then looked at the plans, impressed.

They were about to add input when the compartment door opened again. Charlie Weasley stood in the doorway and introduced himself. Amanda giggled to herself as Charlie towered over the twins.

The Weasley boys looked at her, as if wondering what was wrong in her head, making her giggle even more.

"Hello Fred and George. Mum wanted me to tell you on the train to not get into any trouble, and Pompous Percy is telling everyone he sees to get changed into their school robes, just to let you know. Anyway, have fun in the Sorting, bye." Charlie said, before leaving the compartment.

The four children burst out laughing.

Once their laughter had calmed, Lee looked out the door's window and said, "Quick, I think your brother is coming, we better get changed!", making them dissolve into fits of giggles once more.

But when they saw Percy Weasley about to knock, they quickly grabbed their uniforms, Amanda leaving the compartment to go find a bathroom to change in.

...

When they arrived at Hogsmeade Station, the students trickled out onto the platform. Amanda led her new-found friends to Hagrid, who was calling, "Firs' years, Firs' years over ere please!"

Amanda tapped Hagrid's elbow and said as loudly as she could without shouting, "Hi Hagrid, how's the rest of the holiday with Fang been like?"

The three boys stared at her with wonder and she whispered, "My adoptive parents are old friends with Hagrid." 

They nodded in understanding.

"It's been grea' t'anks for askin." Hagrid boomed and the children followed him to the boats.

Fred, George, Lee and Amanda climbed into the same boat and Amanda beamed and clapped her hands together when the boat moved to Hogwarts.

When they had reached the edge of the water, the boys climbed out first. The twins turned and grabbed one of Amanda's arms and helped her out of the boat, leaving Amanda to smile and curtsy, making them all laugh again.

Hagrid looked over at them and decided to leave them.

The first years followed Hagrid to the entrance of the Grand Hall, where they were greeted by a stern looking witch.

Professor McGonagall stepped forward, introducing herself before saying, "Welcome to Hogwarts. Now, in a few moments you will pass through these doors and join your classmates, but before you take your seats, you must be sorted into your houses. They are Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw, and Slytherin. Now while you're here, your house will be like your family. Your triumphs will earn you points. Any rule breaking, and you will lose points. At the end of the year, the house with the most points is awarded the house cup."

She then proceeded to lead the first years down the middle of the hall.

The four of them followed nervously, glancing around the giant hall, seeing all the students watching them walk down.

The Professor brought out a hat and a stool and placed them in front of them. The hat was old and battered, and seemingly ugly, but to the children's surprise, the hat began to sing.

It sang about the four founders of Hogwarts and about the four houses. Amanda and the twins snickered quietly as they pretended to dance, leaving Lee standing next to them and rolling his eyes.

After the hat had gone silent, Professor McGonagall unrolled a scroll and started to call out names.

"Diggory, Cedric."

"HUFFLEPUFF!"

Amanda watched as the boys and girls around her were called out and sat on the stool, before the hat called out the house that they were in.

"Jordan, Lee."

Amanda watched Fred give Lee a reassuring pat on the back and Lee walked up to the stool, with Professor McGonagall placing the Sorting Hat on his head.

After about a minute,

"GRYFFINDOR!"

Amanda and the twins clapped as Lee passed the hat to the Professor, and beaming, walked over to the Gryffindor table, to be welcomed by Charlie.

Amanda soon grew impatient to be sorted, and, after what felt like hours to the young girl, her name was finally called.

"Potter, Amanda."

As Amanda walked up to the stool, with Professor McGonagall smiling kindly at her, she could hear things that the children were whispering, the most prominent being, "I thought she was supposed to be dead." and, "I thought her brother was the only one that survived.", before the children were silenced as the Sorting Hat was placed on her head.

"Hmmmm. One of the chosen. Where's the two that should have come before you?"

"What do you mean?" Amanda asked the Sorting Hat quietly.

"Never mind then, I know which house has been chosen for you..."

Amanda's eyebrows furrowed in confusion, before the Sorting Hat called out her house.

"GRYFFINDOR!"

The Gryffindor table exploded in cheers and Amanda let out a breath she didn't know she had been holding. She hopped off the stool and practically ran to the Gryffindor table, to be greeted by Percy and Charlie.

Amanda waited patiently until Fred and George were called. Fred was first, quickly being placed in Gryffindor. He waited next to the stool for George to be sorted as well, and when George was placed in Gryffindor, the two descended the steps with a "Queen Wave", causing Lee, Amanda and Charlie to laugh.

Finally, dinner began. Amanda beamed as the dishes of food appeared before them, eagerly grabbing a selection of foods for her to try. She introduced herself to the other new Gryffindors, quickly making fast friends.

Throughout dinner Amanda laughed, listening to the twin's previous pranks and jokes. She laughed with Lee and the Weasleys, (except Percy, of course, who sat quietly for most of the meal) until they were led to the Gryffindor common room by Charlie and were sent to their dorms to sleep.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

49.4K 829 34
||COMPLETED|UNDER EDITING|| Sure, you've all heard of the all famous Harry Potter and how he found the Sorcerer's Stone, discovered the Chamber of...
137K 2.6K 20
What if Ron had a twin sister? But alike in some ways but not many. She is sorted into Slytherin not Gryffindor. Her parents we ashamed a Weasley in...
2K 110 45
Renee Potter, a kind-hearted and loyal Hufflepuff, is accompanied by her fiercely protective twin brother, James, who is willing to go to any lengths...