Resisting the Alpha

By AlexusXOXO

When Ellie was just 13 years old, her father died in a rogue attack, her mother couldn't bear the pain of los... More

Resisting the Alpha
Disclaimer:
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen: Resisting the Mother-In-Law
Chapter Seventeen: Resisting the Early Morning Training
Chapter Eighteen: Resisting the Female Beta
Chapter Nineteen: Resisting The Feelings Talk
Chapter Twenty: Resisting The Urge to Disappoint Her Mate
Chapter Twenty-One: Resisting the Need of Her mate
Chapter Twenty-Three: Resisting the Chance of Letting Anything Get In the Way
Chapter Twenty-Four: Resisting the Fake Smiles
Chapter Twenty-Five: Resisting Everyone's Idea Of Perfection
Chapter Twenty-Six: Resisting the Hidden Secrets of a Dead Man
Chapter Twenty-Seven: Resisting the Urge to be Nice
Epilogue
CLOSING STATEMENTS
Old Book Covers

Chapter Twenty-Two: Resisting the Possibility of Being In Love

7.9K 249 28
By AlexusXOXO

Chapter Twenty-Two: Resisting the Possibility of being In Love

LUNA ELLIE

"Ugh," I rolled my eyes at my wolf constant pleas to go to our mate. Since Noah and I had mated I'd become much needier than I had liked to be. For this past week, my mind was engulfed by him 24 hours and seven days a week. I constantly wanted to be around him, touch him, to know what he was thinking at all time. It was disgusting, to say the least.

"You have to stop sending me those pictures I was in a meeting," Noah told me as he dries off his body and begins getting dressed.

"I wanted your opinion." I blushed knowing that it wasn't the only thing I wanted. Every time I felt too needy and Noah didn't show me any attention I would take the spiteful route and send him tasteful pictures with colorful words attached to them.

"And while I love them," He wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me against him, "They're distracting." He kissed my mark.

"The good kind I hope,"

"The best."

Once we both were dressed we went outside to meet my folks who were expect to arrive soon. "Calm down," Noah squeezed my hand.

"Shut up," Wrapping his arm around me he pulled me against him, he scent helping me to calm down.

"It's okay to be nervous. I'm the first guy you ever introduced your family too."

"Wow, am I really that pathetic," I replied seeing as I was over the age of twenty.

"Absolutely not," He replied just as five SUV pulled up.

"Hey everybody," I greeted them with a hug as they got out of the car. "Hi I'm Ellie, I've heard so little about you," I glared at Ryan who failed to tell me that he had found his mate until the very last minute.

"Will you get over it already," Ryan said ignoring my glare as he took their luggage out of the car.

"Alex, nice to meet you." She smiled.

"You too," I smiled before going to hug my favorite cousin, "I missed you, Lily." While Ryan and Alex were staying for the next few days Lily, my aunt and uncle were only scheduled to stay for a day and had only come to officially meet Noah as my mate.

"I missed you too," Lily replied uninterested as she looked around the territory obviously looking for her boy-toy.

Walking back over to Noah who was helping Ryan get the luggage out of the car I gestured to him, "Everyone this is Noah, my mate."

"Can you be more awkward?" Lily giggled while typing on her phone.

"Can you be less annoying?" I replied annoyed with the fact that she had put me on blast in front of everyone. I know it sounds easy introducing your mate to your family but for me, it was hard as shit. It's not because this is the first time that I've ever introduce someone to my family, I glad I waited for Noah, it more so has to do with me.

The past few weeks I got to see that Noah was a really good person who I sure as hell didn't deserve despite the Moon Goddess putting us together. So, yes, I'm nervous as shit, because I wanted to take this as my chance to show my family and Noah that I could be a good mate and that I deserve him. We have so many people rooting against us. The pack hates me, with good reason but they still hate me, his mother hates me and having at least my family support us will make things a bit easier.

"I could, but then I'll be less fun." I rolled my eyes.

"How about we all go inside and get settled, our chef has prepared dinner for us." Noah interrupted our spat.

"Ellie, you could have cooked." My aunt Lisa patronized me as we all walked into our house.

"You know that Ellie can't cook for shit," Ryan teased as he sat their luggage near the stairs.

"This isn't the 1800's anymore, if I'm hungry my mate cooks for me."

"Okay kids, leave Ellie alone," Uncle Paul ruffled my hair filling my mind with memories of when I was a kid.

"Thanks, Uncle."

Shortly after that everyone went to go settle in and get ready for dinner while I headed up to my art room. With just a few days to my debut art show, I had to make sure that everything was perfect and that I would leave a good impression of those that were coming.

"This one is my favorite," Noah entered my art room paying close attention to the drawing of him that he had promise to purchase.

"Do you? I had no idea," I said sarcastically while coming to stand next to him. It really was a good drawing of him, probably one of my best portraits.

He wrapped his arm around me, and kissed my temple, "I'm so proud of you." He nuzzled his head in my neck, affectionally.

Hearing those words really warmed my heart. Before leaving my old pack, I was lost and feeling unaccomplished. Now I was here with my mate and having my first art show all because he believes in me more than I ever did myself and encourage me to follow my dreams. At that moment, I knew that my feelings for Noah grew stronger and that I was in completely and utterly in love with him. Instead of telling him that I let my fears of being vulnerable get in the way and replied, "Thanks a lot."

ALPHA NOAH

Leaving Ellie's art room the both of us headed downstairs to the dining room where Darcy -a member of our pack- was preparing the dinner for us all to enjoy this evening. "Everything looks amazing Darcy, thanks so much for doing all of this."

"You're welcome, Alpha." She bowed her head to show respect. Being that everything was done I allowed her to leave.

"Thanks," Ellie thanks, Darcy awkwardly before going to pour herself a glass of red wine. With her defense mechanism being too close herself off and or to act aggressively I was proud that she was able to be nice in this situation. Usually she would just ignore people in the pack but clearly, she was making some type of effort.

"Welcome, Luna." She waved goodbye to us before leaving before Ellie and I begin setting the table as people begin making their way downstairs.

"The house is beautiful," Ellie's aunt complimented as she and her mate entered the dining room.

"Thanks, Lisa."

"So, what's for dinner?" Paul asked as he rubbed his stomach.

"We have filet mignon with roasted asparagus," I told them gesturing for them to take a seat.

"Well, it sure does look delicious," Lisa said taking her seat. After a few minutes, Ryan and Alex joined us and with the blush that covered Alex's face there was no denying what they had been doing. After greeting everyone both of them took their seats at the table and begin digging in.

"Where's Lily?" Ellie asked a few minutes after everyone had around dug into their food and begin catching up on what was happening in each other's lives.

"She went to go hang out with some friends," Lisa said before taking a sip of wine.

"Friends?" Paul asked with a mouth full of food. "What friends?" He asked once all his food was swallowed.

"Oh, she must mean Elliot. She and he became quite acquainted when she visited." I explained to them.

"The one that took her to the Summer Moon Bash," Ryan added.

"You let your sister go out on a date and you didn't ask me?" Paul asked less than pleased with the situation.

"It's not that big of a deal, Paul relax?" Lisa interjected as she placed her hand on his shoulder to try to calm him down.

"It is!" He slammed his hand on the table. "No daughter of mine will whore around with someone that is not her mate."

"Paul." Lisa gasped. "You will not speak of Lily that way. She told him clearly upset by his behavior.

"I want her back here now." He demanded sternly before leaving the dining room table with Lisa on his heels.

"Who wants dessert?" Ellie gestured to the banana bread that was on the table, completely ignoring everything that had just happened.

With a shrug, Alex raised her hand. "I'll take some."

Mac Miller: Soulmate

If you read "The Human Mate" you'll know that the scene when Ellie's family comes isn't exactly the same. I've already plan on doing some editing to that story so when I have the chance I will edit it so that it is like this one.

As always be sure to vote and comment. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.7K 114 30
Tyler Price only loves two things his little sister Skylar and pack. As Alpha of Silver Moon Pack, at the age of 19. Him and his wolf Alex couldn't c...
7.8K 424 24
(18+) MATURE CONTENT STRONG LANGUAGE VIOLENCE Alex has grown up with a family that's not her own nor her own species. What happens when her mate...
29K 499 7
A mate is something every werewolf looks forward to having. They want to be loved, treasured and safe, but what if the one thing you need protecting...
794K 21.1K 50
I'm falling for the Alpha... ... Book 1 |Highest ranking #1 in werewolf - October 18, 2022| Started : Feb. 28, 2017 Finished: May 9, 2017 I#1 in w...