Harsh | Punk Luke Hemmings

By lovelydesires

|| härSH adjective 1. unpleasantly rough or jarring to the senses.|| "I'm really glad I found you, because if... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty-Eight
AUTHORS NOTE
The Beginning
The Meeting
The Recovery
The Breakup
The Start
Sequel
TRANSLATIONS
8TRACKS/SPOTIFY
Poetry book

Chapter Three

116K 2.3K 1.6K
By lovelydesires

Chapter Song: When You Were Young- The Killers

Andy

I'm on the way back to my house after I stayed at Riley's. After the concert, we went back to her house and basically gossiped all night. I'm not one to do girly things like that, but it was mainly Riley talking about Ashton. They met in the mosh pit and Riley ditched the other guys for him, apparently he made her laugh a lot and she could not stop talking about how cute he was.

I don't know anything about him other than the fact that he is friends with Luke, which does not really appeal to me, but I'm not making any judgments until I know him for sure. Luke on the other hand, of course he was attractive, but he did basically call me a man, am I'm not one to take shit like that. I don't really feel bad for saying what I said to him.

Riley did distract me from thoughts of Luke she did not bring him up once, which made me feel better. I don't care about him or anything, he's just a jerk that insulted me, but what's new? I've been through much worse. We also ate Ben and Jerry's cookie dough ice cream, which is my favorite. I mean girls do need ice-cream once and a while.

I am worried at the moment because I did not respond to my mom at all last night or this morning. She called me at least 10 times and countless texts were sent to my phone, all of which I discarded. She is trying too hard just to get me to respond, and I didn't want something else to ruin my night. I know she will be angry when I go inside.

Me and my mom used to have the perfect mother daughter relationship, we were basically bestfriends. Then she decided to just stop trying with everything, she didn't care about me anymore. She turned selfish and ended up not talking to me for weeks on end. I know why she did it, but it doesn't mean that makes it right. That's basically how I turned into the person I am today, I learn to not care about anyone and when you don't have anyone there for you it makes it easier.

As I parked the car and walked inside, I did feel scared. But she's my mom and I shouldn't be scared of her. I opened the door and walked inside, at first I didn't hear anyone, so I thought maybe she wasn't home. I walked through the kitchen to go to my room. My mom was standing in the door way like she has been there for hours.

"Jesus you scared me!" I said startled.

She laughs, "I scared you? You scared me Andrea! You didn't return any of my texts or phone calls. You could've been dead for all I know!"

"Andy, call me Andy and I'm fine aren't I? I didn't die. I don't see why you have to text me 24/7." I really don't want to get into this with her.

"It's because I'm your mother, I need to worry about you. It's my job. You went to a concert last night where there could be people who could kill you! You don't know people, everyone can be dangerous." She basically yells back.

I sigh, "Yep you really care mom, you care so much about me. I don't even think your feelings are real anymore you just want the relationship we had before, which won't happen. You still think I'm the foolish girl I was, doing everything you say. New flash I'm not." I say as calmly as I can. My anger is building

"You've been becoming more and more of a bitch everyday. And you've been hanging around that friend that sleeps around even more! Where were you last night? You probably slept with someone, I wouldn't be surprised." My mom spits at me

I gasp, "First off, I didn't sleep with anyone! And Riley is not a slut. She actually cares about me, Unlike you! You haven't cared about me since I was 14! I'm 18 now and I don't need your help anymore. I can fend for myself. You shouldn't even be considered my mom, you sure don't act like it. What mom says that to their kid?!" I scream. I can't take her anymore.

"If you can fend for yourself, why don't you leave?! Since you are such an adult. You aren't welcome here anymore, because I'm apparently not your mom anymore." She says with so much hatred.

"Okay. Fine, I will." I say simply.

She glares at me when I walk past her to go to my room. I grab a bag and put all the clothes in there that I can. I will come back for my other stuff a different time, I just need to get out of this house. I don't know where I'm going to go but I need to leave. I leave without another word from my "Mother".

I have a car, a job at the coffee shop, I graduated highschool, and I have money. All I need is a place to stay. I know that I really need to get my own place soon, but as of right now, I just need a place to stay for tonight. There is only one place that I can think of.

I knock on the door with my bag in my hand. Riley opens her door. She looks confused, I did only leave her house an hour before.

"I got kicked out, could I stay here?" I ask. I'm not sure how else to ask.

Riley replies by hugging me, I've never felt so relieved. "Of course, you can stay for as long as you want." She looks at me with sad eyes.

"Thank you so much." I almost start crying, but I didn't want to look completely helpless. I held it in and smiled widely at her.

I am now sitting in Riley's room and I just finished explaining everything to her. She responded by saying that my mom was a careless bitch, which I laughed and I agreed. She also told me I didn't do anything wrong, it wasn't my fault for my mom's actions. I disagree with that though, I can't help but think it's my fault.

"Here, you can sleep in the guest room, I think that would be more comfortable." Riley says.

I nodded and walked with her to the end of the hallway to the small and comforting room, it's perfect size to me. I unpack my bags while Riley was blabbing on about Ashton some more, she really liked him obviously. Yet she just met him, I didn't get it.

"Oh and by the way, Ashton invited me over to his house, it's actually pretty close to here. He wants me to come over at 4," I look at the time, its 2:30, "And I want you to come with me!"

"If Luke is there no way." I say to her. Ashton is in a band with Luke, I'm guessing they hangout a lot.

"No he won't be, their band practice is until 3:30 so I'm guessing Luke will leave if he knows you are coming. I'm not sure about the other guys though." She looks so excited. She is letting me live at her house for the time being, I should do this for her.

"Okay, I'll go. The other guys looked nice anyways."

She squeals, "But, I need to take a shower before we go, I probably smell really bad." I add. I haven't taken a shower since before we went to the show.

"Yeah you really should, you stink!" Riley laughs, I roll my eyes at her and go to shower.

After my shower I get ready and dress in jean shorts and a black band tee and some red converse high tops. I don't really enjoy wearing shorts that much because I am a very pale person. Especially my legs. Well I guess I just have to get out more.

I grab some shades and meet Riley in her room. She's freaking out about what to wear. She seems to really like this Ashton guy, so of course she's stressing out about little things like this.

"Riley, just wear something you are comfortable in, I'm sure he wont care what you wear" I say.

"You're right like always, I'll just wear this." She says. She's wearing white shorts and a tight fit purple long sleeve. She has a purple headband to compliment her long straight brown hair.

It's about 3:50 and leave to go to Ashton's. Riley drives us there and I'm getting worried. I don't really go out that much, so being social is something that I struggle with. Of course, I've had boyfriends before, but that was way back when, when I was less messed up and more girly.

"Are you okay? You look more nervous than I do." Riley say and looks over to me. I send her a small smile.

"Yeah I'm fine I'm just kind of awkward so I'm nervous to talk to the other guys. Or what if no one else is there? I would be third wheeling and I would just make things even more awkward. I sound like a total girl right now and I hate it. I blame you." I ramble on.

Riley laughs, "Girl, it will be fine. You have nothing to worry about. If you feel uncomfortable with anything and you want to leave you can take my car. I'll just have you pick me up or Ashton can take me home." She says. I feel less nervous now.

I nod. "We are here," She says. We are now in front of a small yet cozy house. I wonder if he lives alone. See I don't even know how old he is, much less if he doesn't live with his parents anymore.

We walk up to the front door and knock. A minute goes past and he doesn't answer so we knock again. Riley ends up calling him, he answers and says he will be up in a second.

Another minutes goes past and the door opens to a smiling Ashton. We just stand there until he breaks the silence, "Well come on in, I don't bite, I'm wearing a Pony shirt god dammit." He jokes

Riley laughs and its true, he is in fact wearing a Pony shirt and some black skinny jeans. At this moment I have no idea what to think.

He leads us down the stairs, which I'm guessing is where the band practice is held. I can hear some voices, which as we get farther into the basement they get louder, It sounds like someone is fighting.

"What's going on?" Riley wonders.

Ashton sighs, "Just some band conflict, it happens a lot."

My eyes widen, band issues means the band is here. Meaning Luke is in there, and I can already tell this is not going to end well. I glare at Riley she just looks at me and mouths "I'm sorry"

We reach the end of the hallway to a room, which Ashton is the first to enter.

"Sorry I told them to come at 4, but since you were late, they will just have to watch." Ashton tells one of his band members.

"Who's they?" Now I can tell that was Luke.

Riley walks in and then I follow after her, I'm met with the other three band member standing there. Michael and Calum smile and Luke's eyes widen.

"What. The. Fuck." He says.

"Wow, its really great to see you too Luke" I reply. Michael looks at me and tries to hold back some laughter.

"Ashton what the fuck! You couldn't have told me that they were coming especially her!" He points to me. "Jesus no one tell me anything anymore!" He shouts.

Riley flinches at his outburst, I just find it amusing, "Luke, please stop yelling. I couldn't have told you because you came late and you wanted to practice right away, it kind of slipped my mind. And Andy has every right to be here, it is my house you know." Ashton says to Luke.

"Oh my god." Luke says and turns to me, if looks could kill.. "Whatever, just don't disturb us please." He says.

"I would never" I say and sit down next to riley, on a couch which is in front of where they are practicing.

Luke rolls his eyes and they talk about what they are going to play. Riley turns to me, "Sorry I didn't think he was going to be here!"

I laugh "It's okay, I like to annoy him, it seems to be working anyways."

They finally decide what they want to play "This one is going to be one of our new covers for youtube." Michael says "I miss you, Blink-182"

Oh god. This song, I hate it yet love it at the same time. It makes me think of my past.

Hello there, the angel from my nightmare. The shadow in the background of the morgue. The unsuspecting victim of darkness in the valley. We can live like Jack and Sally if we want

Calum starts singing and it's amazing, I didn't think it would sound this good. I love this song because Blink-182 is not a soft band, they have some songs that are rock, and then there is this song. I also love the lyrics of it. I'm starting to get emotional and I don't know how much longer I can stand it.

Where are you and I'm so sorry. I cannot sleep I cannot dream tonight, I need somebody and always. This sick strange darkness, comes creeping on so haunting every time. And as I stared I counted, webs from all the spiders. Catching things and eating their insides, like indecision to call you

and hear your voice of treason. Will you come home and stop this pain tonight?

Luke sings my favorite part, and it's honestly so beautiful. You wouldn't think seeing and knowing Luke's character, he would be emotional with a song like this, it seems out of his character. What happened to this horrible boy only 5 minutes ago insulting me and yelling at his bandmates? I don't know but I like this Luke way better.

As the song progresses, I get to emotional and need to leave. I know it will be horrible to walk out in the middle of their practice, but I don't want anyone to see me cry. I exit the room quickly the last chorus just started and walk down the hall hopefully there will be a room or bathroom, or this might have been a mistake.

I see an opened door and walk into it, its an empty bedroom. It doesn't look like anyone has used it recently. I sit there for a second just kind of thinking, I probably made a fool out of myself for walking out, they probably think I'm messed up, but I am.

A few minutes later, I hear a soft knock on the door.

"Come in," I say thinking it's Riley. Nope it's Michael.

"Hey" he says and sits by me, not to close though.

"Hi," I say back.

"What happened back there? You looked pretty upset." He says softly.

"That song just means a lot to me, it sounds really stupid, I know. I've just had a rough day I guess, I don't know." I say, I probably do sound stupid.

"No you don't sound stupid at all, actually and we've all had bad days. You have feelings because you're human. Wait you are human right?" He jokes and I smile.

"I don't know, I think I might be half dolphin." he smiles back.

"Dolphins don't have feelings! I'm pretty sure you're lying!"

"Says who! You're not a dolphin so you wouldn't know!" I reply and I laugh at him.

"Neither are you! So we both don't know therefore, we shall not jump top conclusions." I laugh again

"You didn't just say shall and therefore." He laughs back at me.

"I think I just did. Come on let's go back to the practice area, I don't want them to question us." He tells me.

I laugh again, "You know you have a wonderful laugh, you should do it more often." He tells me and I blush.

"I don't really, but thank you." I say back.

He just shakes his head and turns to leave and I follow behind.

----------------------

Okay so, this chapter is pretty much introducing Andy. You might be confused as to why her mom is that way, or why she is emotional over that song, but it will be said in later chapters. So don't fret! Make predictions too! Comment, vote, subscribe and all that good stuff if you liked it! Much love xox

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

794 22 12
Virulent: extremely severe or harmful in its effects. ~ For Alex, come alive my butterfly ~
118K 1.2K 84
5sos preferences and imagines for your feels
9.9K 387 22
pho·bi·a strong fear or dislike: an irrational or very powerful fear and dislike of something
804 22 11
ðɪs/ this: used to identify a specific person or thing close at hand or being indicated or experienced.