The Secret Life Of The Americ...

By magicofessence

This is season six of The Secret Life Of The American Teenager. RANKED #18 in NON-FICTION RANKED #73 in FAN... More

Episode 1: after graduation part 1
Episode 2: after graduation part 2
Episode 3: facing reality
Episode 4: the queen of broken hearts
Episode 5: confused
Episode 6: what if i'm weak?
Episode 7: Love Bites
Episode 8: the reunion part 1
Episode 9: the reunion part 2
Episode 10: reunion from hell part 1
Episode 11: reunion from hell part 2
Episode 12: the truth is out
Episode 13: family first
Episode 14: facing the enemy
Episode 15: choices
Episode 16: the reason why
Episode 17: the secret letter
Episode 18: i hate it when you see me cry
Episode 19: a mother's love
Episode 20: trying to say it in the nicest way
Episode 21: the perks of being a student
Episode 22: breaking up. making up?
Episode 23: i am, and i was (MID-SEASON FINALE)
Author's note and announcement
The Secret Life Of The American Teenager season 6 part 1, playlist.
Questions And Answers: season 6 part 1
Author's note: no season 7, but yes, the rest of season 6.
Episode 24: the hospital
Episode 25: what now?...
Episode 26: uncovered part 1
Episode 27: uncovered part 2
Episode 28: the past is in the past
Episode 29: nothing to lose part 1
Episode 30: nothing to lose part 2
Episode 31: the S word
Questions to my readers
Episode 32: just breathe
Episode 33: the sound of silence part 1
Episode 34: the sound of silence part 2
Episode 35: i told you so
Episode 36: fading away
Interview with the author
Episode 37: a grave from the heart
Episode 38: i wish i didn't know now what i didn't know then.
Episode 39: oceans
Episode 40: twenty hours of sleep part 1
Author's Thank You Note
Episode 42: breathe into me PART 1
Episode 43: breathe into me PART 2
Author's note RATE ME
Episode 44: a life unlived part 1
Preeclampsia & Eclampsia explained
Announcement :)
Episode 45: a life unlived part 2
Episode 46: yesterday's tomorrow
Episode 47: before the dawn part 1
Author's note: why do i take so long to write
Author's note
Author's note: the loss of one of my influences
Episode 48: before the dawn part 2
Episode 49: helpless but reckless
Episode 50: (anniversary episode) together forever
Episode 51: unexpected life
Episode 52: Fearing... Brayleigh
Announcement!
Episode 53: doctors DO(n't) lie
author's note please read this.
Episode 54: sorrowful moments of love, hate, heartbreak
Episode 55: the decision that will stay with us for the rest of our lives
Episode 56: the morning after
Episode 57: shattered but not broken, yet
Episode 58: I'm her home
Author's note: new change, a new ep, the sequel & writing a book since 2015
Author's note: starting the sequel!
The Secret Life Of The American Teenager, season 6, part 2 playlist

Episode 41: twenty hours of sleep part 2

3.9K 47 87
By magicofessence

"Tell us everything!" George shouted.

"Medical records normally don't take long to get released! But for some reason your daughter's records didn't come out till now!" He sighed.

Ricky shook his head. "This can't be happening?!"

Doctor Worthly looked down. "I'm so sorry we couldn't find out sooner."

"I don't understand? What's going on? What changes everything?" Anne asked.

Doctor Worthly looked down at his desk and read the document out loud.

"On january 5th 2014, Miss Juergens got transmitted to New York ZION with abnormal scores. We found her in a state of unconsciousness. After doing several tests we found out she had Eclampsia. After more blood tests and tests where she failed to respond normally to painful stimuli, light, and sound; we described her as patient # 23 as comatose."

George stood up furiously and faced doctor Worthly, "Are you saying that my little girl landed in a coma which for some reason no one knew about?"

Doctor Worthly now also faced George and nodded carefully.
"According to the records, she was officially 20 hours in a state of unconsciousness; which is a coma!"

Anne started wiping upcoming tears away. She felt as if she failed as a mother. She felt like she had to know there was more to it, that her daughter's 'sleep' wasn't normal.

"Where does this news take us now?" Ricky asked, in a state of shock.

"Knowing that she was in a 20-hour coma, and that she did not have pre-eclampsia when she was admitted to the hospital, but Eclampsia; means that she walked with this illness a lot longer than you all where told. This means... " He swallowed carefully.
"... That you should all start praying."

George looked furiously.  "So now you're telling us we need to pray instead of taking action?"

"What else can i say? I can't add anymore to this devastating news!" Doctor Worthly said while shaking his head.

"What else can you say?" George screamed. "You are the doctor! You should have done your job! And this counts too for those terrible doctors in New York!"

Doctor Worthly nodded and looked down. "I'm truly sorry Mr. Juergens. I really am. But the best we can do right now is for you to stick together with your family and hope for the best that your daughter and the baby will come out just okay. I'm not saying that your daughter and her baby will die! Not at all. But i AM saying that things can go wrong. There's a 50/50 % chance for them to survive.
But the important thing right now is to let the surgeons do their job and finish what they started!" He sighed carefully. And watched an angry George look at him as if he could not understand what he was saying.

"I can't stop this surgery! They're in the middle of it, you have to understand that."

"Oh, believe me. I understand, okay? I just think you don't understand what it means to be worried, scared and afraid of what might happen!"

"I understand. I completely understand!" Doctor Worthly said.

"Let me ask you something..." George asked with fierce looking eyes. "Are you a father?"

Doctor Worthly calmly shook his head. "No, i unfortunately am not."

"Than you don't understand!" George responded, as his final answer.

The doctor looked at his phone, his phone looked like it could explode at any time with the mentions that kept coming in. "Excuse me, i have to go. We'll keep you updated!" he looked worried and left in a hurry.
"Is everything okay?" Ricky asked. But before he could finish his sentences doctor Worthly already disappeared.
"Where is he even going, leaving us clueless behind?" Anne asked, worried.
George looked into the direction doctor Worthly ran to.
"Come." was the only thing he said right before he ran into the bright hallway.
"Why? What do you know?" Ricky asked, like he was missing something.

George looked furiously, but remained calm. He knew he couldn't do anything for his daughter and granddaughter. But he also knew the doctors weren't completely honest. They left them clueless behind. He just knew Doctor Worthly's emergency call had something to do with Amy. He felt bad for all of this. He blamed himself. If he hadn't screwed things up in the past, he would have had a home and a happy life...
...Happy kids.
Kids that were supposed to be kids for as long as possible. And not a kid with a kid.
Amy was already beautiful, successful and very kind. But she was naive, insecure and too young to make decisions on her own. "I should have been there more for her and Ashley, but in a different way." he thought.

If he knew about this before, they could have done something.
They could have changed circumstances. But now, circumstances changed them.
He looked around. The world slipping away. Trying to remain calm. He looked at a worried looking Ricky, probably the most worried he's ever seen him. Looking at Anne hurted him. Of course he could blame all of it on her because she turned out to be a lesbian. But he couldn't. Cause even though Anne has been a lesbian her entire life without them knowing about it did not change the fact that he cheated on her. He was the one that hurted her and their family. Looking at her hurted, because she was always struggling and giving things up for her family.

Anne silently started sobbing. "It's Amy, isn't it?" she silently asked.

George shook his head and released a little sigh. "I honestly don't know Anne! But i have a feeling it is."

Ricky stood frozen, pinned to the cold and hard floor.

"Do you guys mind, i have to go outside for a bit... to think things through... to sort things out."

He turned around and walked away from that hospital. It was dark outside and foggy. It was cold but not too cold. He felt like this was the last day to remember...
the last day to be afraid.

~

"Please, please forgive me,
But I won't be home again.
Maybe someday you'll look up,
And, barely conscious, you'll say to no one:
"Isn't something missing?"

- Missing by
Evanescence

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

462K 31.4K 47
♮Idol au ♮"I don't think I can do it." "Of course you can, I believe in you. Don't worry, okay? I'll be right here backstage fo...
936K 21.5K 49
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
143K 3.1K 35
when you've been bit by the members of magcon, there's no doubt that trouble is ahead. **disclaimer! this story was created in junior high so it is...
98K 1.3K 38
Hi. My name is Natalie and I am 18 years old. In most stories, you will hear that the girlfriends of the MAGCON boys are getting pregnant at ten age...