The Lost Princess ( The Compu...

By asatabardo

Joshua turn to get a closer view of, his stepmother? Can he even call her that she was younger than him! She... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter eight
Chapter nine
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Epilogue

Chapter 40

23.2K 793 44
By asatabardo

He wouldn't rest until they are all dead.

Bloodshot eyes lost themselves staring at the fire that emitted crunching noises as it feeds off it prey, it wasn't nightfall and the place felt like ice. Just like his heart. They'd found out about his son's death the following morning. The Commander sat with resentment, bringing his son to England was not supposed to end like this, with a dead body to travel back to France. The door creaking opened didn't disturbed his sentimental thoughts, that was preoccupied with revenge. If only that Fisher boy had let them leave in peace! Phoenix would still be alive. " I never thought you were the sentimental type." He certainly was not but the news had caught him off guard. Phoenix was his pride and joy, he loved his son more than anyone in his entire life.

Vandenburgh picked up the glass of brandy, he had just poured and sipped it " but of course it's your son's death one might feel a bit guilty, losing a family member. That shouldn't have been in London in the first place."

The Commander's eyes darken. " I don't need to be constantly reminded of my son's death, Van. "

" Indeed" he disposed himself on the vacant armchair. " I hope you aren't contemplating revenge " revenge was last thing that should be on their minds. Nothing good ever comes from it. He placed his glass on the table beside him.

" Of course I would avenge my son's death! I wouldn't rest until I do! " Vandenburgh mouth form a thin line, he watched with resentment as the commander grabbed the bottle of whiskey of the table and stood staring out the window. " it wouldn't bring my son back but it sure as hell would make me sleep at nights!"

" Need I remind you Sir that we still have the Princess to be escorted to France! Your fixation on revenge would only get us caught! " the commander pivot his head to stare at him. " I have given up my entire life to search for her, for you to screw things up over a son who didn't even like you!" Vandenburgh sneered.

"How dare you talk to me like that!"

The door suddenly burst opened, to revealed a lady dressed in an exquisite blue gown and bonnet. This cause the Commander to halt in his steps on his way towards Vandenburgh. "I'm I interrupting something?" She kicked the door shut with the back of her foot.

A smile brighten his face. " It's been too long, Giselle"

" I didn't came here to chat gentlemen" her face remained passive, with a lose of a knot, she threw her bonnet on the desk. " I came for my brother. Where is he?" She folded her arms, awaiting an answer. Dimitri had informed her, that her brother was in England when She had sneaked in that night to have a word. Fury had rose within her. How dare he brought him here! Monsieur Vandenburgh had forgotten to enlighten her on that fact. Or did he?

The Commander turned his eyes away from her, he knew how much Phoenix meant to her. " I'm sorry...he is no more with us" he muttered, taking a huge gulp from the bottle before settling it back on the desk.

Her eyebrows rose. " You send him back to France? " She sighed with relief, although she had wanted to meet him before his return. The last time she had saw him was at ten years old. " Good. He's safer there. I can't believe you had the audacity to bring him----"

"He isn't in France! He is dead!"

" Father....I can't believe you" she whispered, tears stinging her cheeks. " you have killed my brother! " the hatred for her father had just increased. He was never a good parent. His criminal actions was unspeakable. He killed without remorse, everyone feared him in France. She never wanted to live in the shadows of her father. Its for that reason she escaped to England with her spinster aunt and had her name changed. He didn't care about her, especially the fact that she was his first born. He'd rather if she wasn't a girl. Fear, that he might seek her out if she carried Phoenix, had her neglected her only brother. A brother she never got to say goodbye to. A brother who may had died, thinking she never cared or loved him. " Why! Phoenix never wanted to be apart of this life! Your life! "

His eyes narrowed at his daughter, whom he hadn't seen in years. " I didn't kill him! it's that Fisher boy and his friends! I swear I'll kill them all! " he spat, face mere inches form hers.

" Do whatever you want with the others but you would not hurt Jake! " She wiped the tears from her cheeks. The Commander eyes widen with bewilderment. " I am this close to be duchess " indicating to her engagement ring. " I wouldn't let you screw things up for me!"

Jake? His eyes seek out Vandenburgh who reclined in his previous seat, with a smirk. " I might have forgotten to mentioned that your daughter's engaged to one of Fisher's best friend. "

A spark went off in the Commander's head. " This is great news. " he mumbled, now pacing the floor. "Giselle" he stopped and turned to face her. " how would you like to help avenge your brother's death? " she shook her head causing her blond curls to bounce as she took steps back. " think about it you have access to these gentlemen all you have to do is ---"

"No! I wouldn't be involved in any of your schemes!" She glared at him. " You got the girl now leave! Go back to France and leave me be!" With a frustrated growl, Katherine was yanked by her blond curls and face tilted to stare into blue eyes as her own.

" My daughter thinks she's in love, that she's so perfect since she came to London and found herself a rich gentlemen. Need I remind you that you're my only living child now? that you neglected your brother for your own selfish reasons? You owe him Giselle! And you're coming back to France with me whether you like it or not!"

"I wouldn't go back to France!" She struggled to escaped his grasped. How dare he demand such things after all these years!" I'll just ended up dead like Phoenix and Mama! " the slapped she received send her falling to the ground. It wasn't a shock to her that he hit her. Neither was it the first.

The Commander stared at her with remorse. "You see what you made me do! You always say stupid stupid things!" His hands raked through his hair. Pinching the bridge of his nose, he knelt beside her weeping body. " my sweet Giselle, I need you you're my only child. " he reached out to stroke her cheek. " I'm sorry I hit you, you know I love you. Your fiancé wouldn't after he found out who you really are. That's why you have to help me get rid of them. I promised I'll speak to the king of France to propose marriage to one of his sons, for you"

"You would?" She sniffled, holding her stinging cheek.

" Why be a duchess when you can be a princess?" Katherine eyes brighten at the ring dangling on the gold chain in her father's hand. " a beautiful necklace fit for a Princess " he smiled placing it on her neck. His daughter had always had an eye for fancy things. Luckily, that hadn't changed.

"Now what do you say? you would help your papa?" Katherine shook her head, eyes admiring the gold and diamond ring. Her father was right, a princess was much better than a Duchess. Katherine had never felt so jealous when Vandenburgh informed her of Halley's true status. It was even more difficult to pretend to like Halley than loving Jake. Jake, How would he react to her sudden departure? Guilt filled her heart, he was really a great gentlemen given her anything she wanted but she couldn't give him the one thing he wanted...... love. Katherine only wanted to be Duchess. Now she was given the opportunity to be a Princess! How wonderful that would be!

"Father, I have an brilliant idea" she smiled at him as he gently lifted her off the ground.

"That's a first" Vandenburgh mumbled, earning a glare from the Commander. The chit didn't even know she was being manipulated by her father. He sipped on his whiskey contemplating a plan of action while revenge weaken the Commander.

" Do you know anyone by the name of Samantha? "

******

"You really should have tell me about this sooner" Samantha scolded, wrapping the cloth torn from her gown around Halley's broken, now swollen fingers. " that man's very evil to do such a thing but don't worry about it, Joshua wouldn't mind about the lost ring he'll just buy you another "

Halley sighed. Samantha was right. The following days had passed quickly, during those days Samantha and her had became very close friends. She kept Halley in a positive mood and stable state. Her twice a day meal had turned into three times daily when Samantha insisted that she needed to eat more for her baby. " I know that he wouldn't Samantha. I just don't like thieves. " Her eyes lingered around the small room. " how long do they expect to keep us down here? We have got to try and escape "

" I don't know about that Halley" Samantha rose to her feet." I never tried to escape or worry about anyone looking for me. I have no family " She run her fingers through her golden curls that desperately needed a brush.

" Surly my husband would be looking for you as well after all he is the one that insisted for your help?" Halley said, admiring her skillfully wrapped fingers. " Do you think my husband would find us before they have the opportunity to take us to France?"

Samantha fingers tapped at her chin. Halley had informed her about the Frenchmen plans to take them back to France. Why was it taking so long? " Something is wrong Halley, if what you said was correct we should have been on the ship days ago. I think they got delay of some sort." But why?

" It gives us more time to be rescued or escape " Halley's eyes shimmered with hope. She need to get out of here immediately to be with her husband. Now she knew how much he love her, she saw the future more clearly and in a happy marriage filled with love and more children.

"And more days in this horrible place." Samantha screwed her face in disgust.

Where were they really? Halley stood to her feet and approached the small window that was out of reached. " Samantha I need to borrow your shoulders"

"What?" Samantha squeaked.

Halley turned to face Samantha's shock expression. " I need to reached that window " she indicated, with a pointed finger.

" Absolutely not! "Samantha placed her hands on her hips. " What if you fall? need I remind you that you are with child?"

Halley rolled her eyes. " If you're worried about dropping me, don't. From what I'm being fed. I probably weigh the amount of a feather. Now get over here and help me...please"

"No!" Samantha sat on the floor with her arms folded, watching as Halley's lips pursed into a thin line before turning her back, desperately trying to reach the window, Tipping on her toes, jumping with outstretched arms. " Christ! Have anyone ever told you how stubborn you are!" Her hands buried in her face before standing to her feet. " I'll only help because the stress isn't good for the baby" she mumbled.

Halley smiled with satisfaction when Samantha offer her shoulders to climbed. Her uninjured hand grabbed hold of the steel bar while she Pierced outside. The cold fresh breeze cause her to sigh with contentment. It was so refreshing." How is it looking up there!"

Halley eyes shot opened. " ahhh.... I see lots of trees and...." She looked to the sky where the sun hid between clouds. "Sea gull's! "

"Halley we are near the sea!"

Samantha was right. If she listened closer she could hear the waves clashing against the shore. Halley's hand tighten around the steel bar as she hoisted herself to get a better view of her surroundings. At the far corner to her left she saw a carriage. They had visitors? There was something odd about that carriage, she bit her lips trying to remember forgetting that she was on Samantha's shoulders. Halley also missed the loud protest she was receiving.

Samantha felt her feet wobbling. Halley was on her shoulders for a few minutes to long. What the hell was she doing up there, sleeping? " Halley! " Samantha fell to her knees Causing a startled Halley to released the bar. Halley quickly used her elbows to stopped the impact of the fall. She groan resting her head on the ground.

" Halley are you alright? " Samantha crawled towards her. " What the hell were you doing up there so long!"

Halley sat upright, rubbing her elbows. " I'm fine..we are both fine Samantha. My son's a tuff one like his mama" She winked at her. " besides it was a short fall." Halley could feel that she was carrying a boy. Her instincts never betray her. Besides a mother knows these things right? Joshua would be very pleased to have a son. An heir.

"Son?" Samantha laughed. " god help us if he looks anything like his father " Halley bit her lips suppressing laughter. Her husband was very handsome, indeed. It wouldn't hurt if she got a miniature version of him.

" I'll remember to save as much energy as I can for when he gets older. He'd definitely need my help to get rid of some of those matchmaking mamas." She rested her hands on her stomach and sigh while Samantha laughter filled the room.

" Tea party's over ladies!" Fear, engulfed Halley as she crawled back from the evil gleaming blue eyes, that entered the room. The Commander turned to Halley and give her an expression that could be passed as remorse." I'm sorry about the-- you know head and fingers " his voice sounded sincere but his eyes told her otherwise. Her lips pursed, he would pay for ever laying a hand on her. The vile man was much older than she had thought. Grey hair stuck between black ones, wrinkles stretched across his face as he give her a smug smile.

" You stay away from me!" She kept her expression calm but couldn't stop the quiver in her voice.

" Don't worry Princesse, I didn't came for you," Halley screamed when Samantha was yanked by her hair to her feet. It fascinates Halley that Samantha remained quiet, not even making a protest while being dragged from the room. " She would be back"

*****

Samantha eyes narrowed at the ink jar and paper before her. "What is this?" She stared at the occupants in the room. She noticed Larry's French Friend sitting on an armchair drinking whiskey, the one they called Commander stood with his hands folded and a lady leaning against the door frame... Wait lady? Samantha's eyes lingered on the blond hair lady dressed in blue. Her hands twirled the necklace around her neck with an bored expression on her face. " Please do hurry. I need to get back soon before I am missed!" Katherine had told Jake that she would be back from the dress shop in time for dinner. She didn't want to be late.

Her hands fell to her side and Samantha eyed widen. That's where Halley's wedding ring was? " I know about your involvement with Joshua Fisher. "

" I have no idea what you're talking about "

He grabbed her by the chin, forcing her to look at him. " I know you were working for him, that's how you got caught. Now it's his turn to get captured and you're going to help me. He's been a pain in my back since I arrived and I want him dead." The Commander never thought he would live to say these words but his daughter was a genius. Luring the gentlemen in a trap only makes his revenge more enjoyable. He would have the opportunity to watch them suffer first and possibility killed them himself!

Now that explained the writing materials " What makes you think I would help you with anything! "

He released her chin and a dark chuckle rumbled through the room. " I know about the little brat the Princess's carrying. " Samantha sat frozen in her seat. " you my dear have to choose. The father or the baby..... which one lives?" He was very fortunate to overheard the ladies conversation, arriving outside the room. It was more of bonus that a cursed to him. He not only have the daughter of the king but his grandchild as well. His day was turning out greater that he expected!

"You son of a bitch!"

*****

"Land ahoy!" One of the crew aboard the ship shouted lowering his spyglass. His black hair beating against the fierce wind. " I think we should hid our ship behind those rocks." He gestured, when the captain came to stand beside him. " The docs filled with soldiers. " He continued in their native language.

The Captain grabbed the spyglass from him. " hmm....you're right Monty. Looks like our British friend didn't held his end of the bargain. " What did he expect? they were British! Never could be trusted nevertheless he didn't came here to start a war. He came for her. Instructing his crew, they resigned behind the rocks and waited for the sky to darken. He was eager to get on land, not stupid. The crew welcome the small amount of relaxation with joy. Their determination to reach England in a blink of an eye had them sailing for weeks without rest.

*****

Hey guys haven't forget this book or you all :) ......hope you like the chapter would try an finished this book ASAP mwah...

Chapters would be updated slow and maybe long from now, unless I have time on my hands...thank you for reading :)

Don't forget to vote and comment :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5K 297 39
Have you ever seen world within a world ? "In saving the world, he lost his own. She longed to love him, but darkness claimed her first. In your scar...
50.6K 3K 50
⚡caution : this isn't a story of happily-ever-after love & heartwarming romance. this is a story of heartbreak. ⚡ all the graphics in this book are m...
73.2K 2.1K 26
"No George. I'm not Olivia." I replied and he chuckled. "Don't joke. I'm serious." He spoke. "I am not Olivia. I'm not joking." I replied. He looked...
13.3K 645 18
The two of us roll down the hill of daisies, laughing as we race to the bottom. "I roll faster than you!" I laugh aloud as I get up. "Not true! I'm...