Umbrella [COMPLETED]

De SophiaMission

"Love is a decision, it is a judgment, it is a promise. If love were only a feeling, there would be no basis... Mai multe

Umbrella
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Author's note :)
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44 - FINALE -
Author's Note

Chapter 8

261 15 2
De SophiaMission

Catherine McMillan

-----------------------------------

“Alright! Listen up class. I’m going to assign you on a project about Geography. You’re going to choose a particular continent and make a model out of it. Then prepare a five minute speech about the continent; particularly include its history, culture, and of course its geography. So as to the pairing, row one, seat one and row two, seat two will be partners and so on and so forth. Class dismissed.”

“I guess we’ll be partners.”, I said.

“Yeah. But what continent will we make?”, he asked.

“How about Australia?”, I asked.

“Too simple. How about Europe?”, he asked.

“Too complicated. How about Asia?”, I asked.

“Good one. Let’s stick to that.”, he agreed.  Me and Michael were assigned partners for the project that was to be submitted a month from now. Dylan’s partner was Stacy. I didn’t expect to be partners with a jerk like Michael. Oh well, I can’t do anything about it. If I were to choose, I would’ve chose Dylan and I know Dylan would agree with me. He knew how lazy Stacy was and how much she hated Geography so I guess he’ll do most of the work.

“Good luck with that.”, I told Dylan.

“Thanks. I need all the luck I can get.”, he replied.

“And why?”, Stacy interrupted. Me and Dylan froze and looked at Stacy who was looking at us suspiciously. I laughed and said,

“How about we go to the museum for Art class?”

“Oh yeah! Let’s go or we’ll be late.”, she smiled and walked ahead. Dylan and I  smiled in relief. Thank God Stacy can be an airhead sometimes.

“I hope we can make a good project Catherine.”. I looked around and saw Michael standing behind me.

“Sure. Let’s meet up after class to plan on it.”, I smiled and walked away with Dylan by my side.

---------------------------------

Michael Collins

---------------------------------

“Dude! Who are you staring at? We’re having practice you know.”, Mark asked me.

“Oh. I know who. You see that girl over there. Her name’s Catherine McMillan. She just transferred this year. He’s been eyeing her for how many months now.”, Steven said.

“Shut up guys.”, I told them.

“Planning on something oh mighty Michael?”, Mark asked.

“Maybe. Tonight, I’ll invite her home. I heard she’s a party girl at her previous school. I bet she’s hot inside and good in bed too.”, I said and my lips curved on its own accord.

“Well good luck with that dude. I’m off. Practice is over.”, Mark and Steven walked away. I went to the bleachers and sat beside Catherine.

“Okay so about the project.”, she started to talk.

“Hey Catherine. Let’s go to my house right now and plan on the project. I need a shower and need to feed my dog.”, I said.

“You actually have a dog?”, she asked in a bored tone.

“Why? Can’t the captain of the football club have a pet?”, I asked. She smirked and said,

“Now that’s unusual.”, she stood up and grabbed her bag.

“What’s so unusual about that?”, I asked.

“Let’s go. I need to be home by six.”, she said. I took my bag and followed her. We arrived at the school parking lot and approached my car.

“Nice ride ya got there.”, she said.

“Thanks. I just bought it the other day.”

“No wonder it looks new.”, she said. I gestured her to get in and she did. I went in the driver’s seat and turned the engine on. Off we went and arrived at my house ten minutes later. It was just near the school but not that near.

“We’re here.”, I turned the engine off and looked at her. How come she wasn’t nervous? Maybe she’s used to going to a guy’s house and doing something fun inside. As expected of a bully and a retarded person like Catherine. But what’s new about her is her hair. She doesn’t have high lights anymore. I bet she dyed her hair.

“Let’s go in.”, I told her as we then went in the house.

“Do you want to drink anything? Cold water?”, I asked as she sat down the couch.

“Water’s good. Thanks.”, she replied. I went to the kitchen and fetched her water. I went back to the living room and she was writing something on her notebook.

“What are you writing?”, I asked curiously. I peeked and saw that she was writing ‘things to buy for the project’ . She took the water and drank it. She placed the glass on the table and gestured me to sit down. We were alone in the house but I guess she already knew.

“So, about the project, we’ll need some card boards for the base and foundations right?”, she asked.

“Yeah.”, I replied.

“Catherine, I’ll take a shower first okay? Give me two minutes.”, I asked her. She smiled at me and said,

“Timer starts now.”. I ran to my room to get my robe and went to the shower. I just needed to freshen up since I’m still covered in sweat from practice. Then I hurriedly went out of the shower and changed into gray sweat pants and a black V-neck t-shirt. I went down to the living room.

“Time’s up Michael. You’re just in time.”, she said. I approached her and sat beside her.

“Good. I thought I was late.”, I replied. She looked back at her notebook and started talking about the project. I slowly leaned closer to her until my chin was an inch away from her shoulder. She looked at my face and slapped me with her notebook. I shrieked and fell back.

“What was that for?”, I asked.

“That’s for being too close to me. Don’t cross the line Mr. Collins.”, she replied.

“Geez. I was only trying to help.”, I said.

“Is giving me Goosebumps helping me? No. It isn’t helping me in the least bit Michael.”, she said. I got a hunch that she was feeling something. Two hours have passed and we were almost done.

“Michael? Are you okay? You’re hot.”, she touched my forehead.

“Are you having a fever?”, she asked again. I took her arm and laid her on the couch. I was now on top of her and she was below me. I held both of her arms and neared my face to her face. She struggled at first but a few minutes later, she stopped. I was just staring at her and apparently I unintentionally loosened my grip and she slapped me hard on my face. I fell on the floor and touched my cheek. Why? Why didn’t I do it? I would have fucked her by now but why didn’t I?

“You freak!”, she screamed. She took all of her things, wore her shoes and went out. I was left alone in the house. I was still speechless. I tried to think about why I didn’t do it and finally came to an answer. I just couldn’t bring myself to do it to Catherine. It’s like something was stopping me from doing it to her. I slapped my head in shock.

“I totally messed up.”, I muttered to myself. I looked around and saw an umbrella. I bet it was Catherine’s. I took it and chased her. It was starting to rain and it was getting dark. I started to get worried. I searched for her and because I was worried, I forgot to bring my car. I didn’t care. I just wanted to find her and return her umbrella. The rain started to pour harder and I opened the umbrella. It was a pink one too. Did she like pink? I wonder. I took cover under a waiting shed and sat down.

“Oh man. The rain isn’t going to stop now. I guess it’ll be a while.”. I looked around and saw a girl shivering and I heard her mutter,

“Now I’m not going to be able to work tonight.”. Wait, was she a prostitute? Or a waitress at some bar or restaurant? She stood up and I felt like she was determined to run under the rain just to go to work. But wait, she’s in a uniform and it’s from Wilson High too. She’s a student from Wilson High but I wonder who. I went nearer to get a peek at her. Maybe she is a beautiful girl waiting to be rescued by her prince charming. Oh god. Now I’m talking like a freak thanks to my sister’s disney movies. I came to a halt as I realized that familiar bag. I looked at her face that was covered by her wet hair and came to a conclusion that it was indeed Catherine McMillan.

“Catherine?”, I tried to talk to her. She looked at me and her face turned into a shock.

“Michael? What are you doing here?”, she asked.

“I looked for you. I wanted to return this umbrella but the rain started to pour hard so I took cover here. What a coincidence!”, I said.

“I know. It’s truly a coincidence. Thanks for returning my umbrella.”, she said as I handed the umbrella to her.

“No problem. By the way, I’m sorry about back there.”, I apologized.

“It’s okay. I knew that you wouldn’t do it. Well I thought you would at first but after you grabbed me, you just stared blankly at me that’s why I stopped to struggle and looked back at you.”, she replied.

“You stared back at me?”, I asked. I was kind of embarrassed though. I wasn’t in my usual hot guy look of course. I just took a bath before it happened and she only gave me two minutes to freshen up so I didn’t get the chance to fix myself properly.

“Yeah and I have to admit, you’re kind of cute.”, she said. My heart started to beat fast after hearing her say that. No one ever said that to me. All of the girls I met say I’m hot then later we fuck each other. But this was a different case. This was Catherine saying I was cute. I felt that there was something different with how I feel towards Catherine. It was a weird feeling I couldn’t describe. I wonder what it is. It’s different after what happened right now; after hearing her say those lines. My perception of her somehow changed. Shit. What the hell is wrong with me?

-----------------------------

Dylan Wilson

-----------------------------

The rain sure is hard tonight. It reminded me of the first day me and Catherine met. I was now driving home from school. I got out late since I was researching something for my father about his business. I was nearing a waiting shed when I saw Catherine with some guy. I immediately recognized that it was Catherine because of instincts. I parked the car beside the shed and I got out.

“Dylan?”, Catherine asked.

“What are you doing here?”, Michael asked sounding irritated.

“I should be the one asking that question to both of you.”, I replied.

“It’s a long story Dylan and I couldn’t make it back for work because of this rain.”, Catherine said. I was worried after she sneezed. I took my towelette  and placed it around her shoulders.

“Thanks Dylan.”, she said as she smiled at me. Catherine’s smile always made me happy. I became much more happier when she stood close to me and I hugged her with my left arm pulling her closer to me. I looked at Michael and it looks like he was irritated. Trust me, I know how a guy looks when he’s hiding his irritation.

“I need to go home Catherine. My sister will be worried.”, Michael said as he smiled at Catherine.

“Be careful Michael.”, she said.

“Sure. I will.”, he replied. He rode a taxi and the taxi drove away until it was nowhere to be seen. The rain hasn’t stopped yet and me and Catherine were left alone.

“You two got along well.”, I told her.

“Yeah we do now. He’s a nice guy if you just get to know him better.”, she replied.

“Anyway, I need to get you home. You’re soaking wet. You’ll catch a cold.”, I said and she sneezed.

“I guess I already did.”, she said as she smiled at me and I smiled back.

“Let’s go.”. We both went in the car and I drove her to her apartment. We arrived and I turned my car off.

“Give me your umbrella.”, I said. She gave it to me and I went out. I went to the door of the front seat and opened the door for her. I placed the umbrella on top so that she wouldn’t get more wet since she was a little dry now and her hair was even dry too. Actually, it took us an hour drive because of the traffic. She got out of the front seat and I closed the door. We went to the lobby and I closed the umbrella.

“Thank you gentleman.”, she said. A smile formed from the corner of my lips and I said,

“You’re welcome Catherine.”.

“You better get going Dylan or your parents will scold you.”, she said.

“It’s okay. They’re at Bali now with Katrina. I’m alone in the house for a month.”, I replied.

“A whole month? Isn’t that a bit lonely?”, she asked.

 “Well it is but I’m used to it. So I’ll be going now.”, I said as I waved my hand and she waved back. I got in my car and drove away. It was a coincidence that I met her at that waiting shed. Or was it really a coincidence? I read it on a book once that if you meet someone once, it is a coincidence. If you meet the person twice, it is an encounter. 

Continuă lectura

O să-ți placă și

2.2K 1.3K 55
What happens when you fall for someone you know you're not supposed to fall in love with? ''It's cool to have insecurities Jasmine, but controlling i...
323 25 21
Mandy was always one to falsely romanticize her life. She found her first love at a young age in her Martial Arts class, and wrote a love letter to h...
Chasing Footballs De Vicki

Ficțiune adolescenți

424 9 6
Ryder Lay. A girl who has always been 'one of the guys'. She's the only girl on her high school varsity football team and her friends are her teammat...
My JanSport Dude De heyzelnats

Ficțiune adolescenți

49 0 14
"I just want to go someplace where no one knows my me." Just like that, my wish has been granted. My mom and I will move to a new place, I had to l...