Lavish | on hold

By colormenor

Spring Break is the time to let loose and wild but when you find rich kids covered in blood and not booze, yo... More

intro | description
intro | meet the players
intro | bed of lies
1 | Curtain Call
2 | Tequila & Tears
3 | 6 Feet Under
4 | Sweet Little Lie (i)
5 | Sweet Little Lie (ii)
6 | Sink Or Swim
7 | Night Fall
8 | Tug Of War
9 | History
10 | Youth
11 | Ashes To Ashes
13 | Killing Me Softly
14 | Lifeline
15 | A Dish Best Served Cold
16 | Lovesick
17 | Revival
18 | From Me
19 | Colours & Confetti (i)
20 | Colours & Confetti (ii)
21 | Take Three
22 | Illusion
23 | Method & Madness

12 | Promise Me

1.6K 82 30
By colormenor

"Talk to me. Please." Asher pleaded to Claudia, his eyes glimmering slightly under the hospital lights.

Claudia stared at him in utter disbelief, her arms still folded to match her stern expression. It would take a whole lot more than a locked room to get her to even consider to address his presence. His eyes didn't lose the same amount of hope as minutes went by, their eyes still fixed on each other. Claudia remained completely silent as he came closer and closer, her being remaining completely still as if she was a beautiful statue until they were eventually chest to chest.

Claudia sighed as she lifted her hand, her hand being swung across his face and leaving a sharp bruise on his left cheek. Asher stumbled backwards and held onto his cheek in agony, ignoring her heavy breathing as she stared at him.

"Whatever we had is dead and we both need to move on or we'll both end up in flames."

"Can't we make it work?" Claudia's heart melted at his words, them softening and feeling the fireworks that corrupted her mind and heart.

"We're from two different worlds, wanting two different things."

"You know what, that's fine." He eventually said, his body turning around and making it's way to the locked exit. "Just don't stop yourself because you're afraid to love me."

Then he unlocked the door and left, a single tear escaping from Claudia's armour.

Victoria stared down at the green call button, her hands slightly shaking as she brought herself closer to pressing it. The news she had been given was simply one she couldn't understand. She couldn't be pregnant. She couldn't be a mother. Victoria struggled to keep herself together and this was another brick on the top of her shaking throne.

"Pick up." She begged as the phone began to ring, her whispers being impossible to hear through the screeching tone of the mobile. Her eyes shut again once she saw that he had sent her straight to voicemail.

"Why must you alway-" She was interrupted by her cliche ringtone of Eden Mosconi, her phone almost slipping out of her hand before she could even answer. Once she answered the line remained silent as neither one of them greeted one another, only making their appearances clear by their breathing. It stayed like that for a while until Roman let out an irritated sigh and snapped at her.

"You called."

Victoria tried to get her response out but to no avail. The words she needed to say simply had disconnected the moment he had left with her heart and mind.

"I-I-"

"I don't know why you did." He cut her off, obviously indicated that this was not going to be a two-person conversation.

He was going to talk.

She was going to listen.

"All this time everyone pointed the finger at me and blamed me for your problems. But really, that was apart of your game wasn't it?"

"No.." Victoria managed to get out, her words coming out as a faint mumble and not the confident retort she wanted.

"It was!" He yelled. "Just like Claudia you created this web and ruined me in the process. You are not the victim nor the one that was broken, you were the real hurricane!"

"Is that what you truly believe?" Victoria brushed away her tears and kept the phone close to her ear as she ignored the fact her tight grip was slowly melting away.

"I answered this to tell you to forget me." Roman ignored her question and continued. "Forget everything we had because it was nothing, you were nothing and I will remind myself that for the rest of my life. Goodbye, Victoria."

"Goodbye, Roman."

Then the line died and so did their love, burning out like an overused candle leaving only Victoria in the dark alone with no one to hold yet again.

Before she could fully process her conversation, Claudia strutted in and slammed the door behind her.

"Why in the fresh hell can you not have visitors, I understand you got hit but I can't have peasa--"

"I'm pregnant."

Claudia's eyes widened immediately, her hands holding her head dramatically as she exclaimed in a loud voice. "Fuck!"

"And Roman has made it very clear he wants nothing to do with me and now I have a life to be responsible for, my parents are going to want me dead and I am going to be a mother I have no idea how to be. Not to mention--"

"Shut up and look at the positive for christ's sake." Claudia barked, covering Victoria's mouth and then removing her hand after she had nodded slowly. "Okay so you might lose your image, class and respect from the public and within our circle. Everyone will probably laugh at you and believe that you are destined to hit rock bottom."

Victoria scoffed in disbelief, exuding through her facial expressions her subtle hope for the positive side of the pep talk to be shown.

"We have been ruling the Hills since Middle School, burying bitches left and right that made the wrong moves on our turf, publicly embarrassed boys that broke our hearts and making it very clear that we were forces to be reckoned with." Claudia paused and let out a heartfelt giggle as she continued to reminisce about the lives she had ruined, Victoria slowly joining in aswell.
"You may have forgotten your dark days and replaced them with soft but I know the crazy and wicked you is itching to get out, this baby could either be your strength or weakness."

She then tucked Victoria's hair behind her ears, bringing her body up slowly before giving her a soft wink.

"Only you decide which it'll be, remember that." She smiled, it then turning into her usual scowl. "And the next time I catch you crying, you'll then realise what it's like to suffer."

Victoria beamed in delight, letting out a snort. "You just dread seeing me in pain don't you?"

"Oh shut up whore and get your ass together, we're going race car driving."

Claudia's smirk grew wider as she kept her helmet placed at her side and marched back and forth in front of the whores and boy toys she called her friends, their expressions making it very obvious who still had the power.

"Alright, motherfuckers." She announced, continuing to walk about without taking her eyes away from the line that was formed in front of her. "We are here to have fun and enjoy ourselves, I catch anyone being a sad dick and you will be eaten alive okay?!"

Christian let out a chortle. "Only Claudia would threaten people into having fun."

She smiled sweetly at his comment, flicking her hair after she had made her sassy comeback. "I hope I made myself clear."

Instead of receiving a reluctant nod from the line she had orchestrated, a deep and unfamiliar voice let out a snort of disbelief before giving out a retort to the Asian bombshell.

"So it's true what they say, Claudia is indeed Ursula."

Just as the Queen herself was about to turn around and give her smart remark to another person that had made the poor decision to step out of line, she was briefly muted by the chiselled jaw and race car uniformed that hugged the perfectly toned and Mediterranean body that he owned causing his sexy British accent that gave off the vibe of temptation. He stood tall and confident, fixing his dark hair ever so often without looking away from Claudia's hypnotic eyes.

He almost made her lose her focus.

Almost.

"Haha, just teach me how to drive this thing so you all can eat my dust." Claudia threw a helmet in his direction, turning her heel instantly towards a customised vehicle and pretending that she wasn't swaying her hips with a bit more force to make it difficult for him to look away.

"So, you already know who I am." He eventually said after they had spent a good amount of time in silence as he settled her into the car.

"I don't and I don't care to find out."

"Ouch, you must know something."

"I know I want to get into this car and drive away from you right now."

The handsome stranger let out a scoff before falling into a quick fit of light laughter, Claudia rolling her eyes several times before he had stopped all together.

"Damn, can't I try to make conversation?"

"No."

Claudia mentally hit herself in the face for not putting her charm pants on and trying to get in with this guy and instead kept pushing him away and throwing insults and threats at him. She just couldn't help it, for some reason all she wanted was to strangle him. She wasn't sure if it was out of the frustration of not being with him or her just wanting to taunt another innocent and clueless human. Being the soulless monster that she was all the time didn't exactly make it any easier to differentiate between the two.

"Alright well, it's done so just call me if you have any car troubles."

"Thank you," She simply said as she watched him walk away.

But deep down she knew that it wasn't going to be a while at all until she saw him again.

Victoria stared down at the hotel floor that appeared to be decorated with Vic's luscious blond hair which was now a deep scarlett bob, cutting her just at the shoulder. After her hours of tears and tissues, the drainage of feeling no more emotions had given her the power that she needed.

A new life was going to come and change hers and if she wasn't ready for it then she would be disappointing herself on so many levels.

This new breath of fresh air was exactly what she needed and this vixen was going to change her spots.

"No more tears, Victoria." She thought, smiling with satisfaction as she looked at herself in the mirror. It seemed almost impossible for her to turn away from the new changes she had made and it all had kept her completely in awe.

Her body sparked to life instantly as soon as she heard the chirp of her lively ringtone coming from her mobile, a piece of her still hoping that Roman had just had one too many drinks and had come to his senses about all the harsh words he said to her. But instead the contact ID read "Father", the contact tempting her to hang up or ignore. Her thoughts immediately rushing towards the news that she simply wouldn't be able to tell them.

Instead, she answered and spoke softly as she awaited to hear the eruption of frustration in his tone but was given a quiet and hush voice that almost made her reconsider if this was her dad.

"Victoria we need you to come home, sweetie."

"I thought Mom told you I was in Greece." Victoria replied slowly, her confusion being quite easy to detect in her voice.

"I know, love but we need you to co--"

The rest of his sentence was drowned out by the extremely loud sobbing that Victoria knew was coming from her mother. One thing a child can never miss is the sound of their mom crying and Vic knew with her whole heart that it was her.

"Why is mom crying, what is going on?" Victoria asked, her questions rushed and frantic as she tried to listen closely to the muffled words her mother was saying in the background.

"Come home."

Then the line cut off and Victoria sprinted into her hotel room, throwing all of her clothes into the suitcase without question.

She wasn't sure what she was about to face back in the Hills.
Vic just knew that she wasn't going to let her mom have the same heartbreak she had been enduring.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

XO By Cat & Emily

Teen Fiction

708 32 26
You know those girls in school you can't stand? Those girls everyone wants to befriend, and every guy wants to hit on? Well, at Hollywood Hills High...
A GOLDEN EMPIRE By 𝐓

General Fiction

40.2K 967 66
In Los Angeles, there are two kinds of rich people: those who have money and those who have wealth. The difference between the two are not only visib...
1.9K 119 32
'We were almost caught! And why did you have to drag other people into this?' he roared, slamming the door behind him. 'I know how you feel about th...