The Coven

By hexezz

Lilly Neace just lost the mother she never knew, and her father is sending her to spend some time in her moth... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Equinox: Prologue
Equinox: Chapter 1
Equinox: Chapter 2
Equinox: Chapter 3
Equinox: Chapter 4
Equinox: Chapter 5
Equinox: Chapter 6
Equinox: Chapter 7
Equinox: Chapter 8
Equinox: Chapter 9
Equinox: Chapter 10
Equinox: Chapter 11
Equinox: Chapter 12
Equinox: Chapter 13
Equinox: Chapter 14
Equinox: Chapter 15
Equinox: Chapter 16
Equinox: Chapter 17
Equinox: Chapter 18
Equinox: Chapter 19
Equinox: Chapter 20
Equinox: Chapter 21
Equinox: Chapter 22
Equinox: Chapter 23
Equinox: Chapter 24
Equinox: Chapter 26
Equinox: Chapter 27
Equinox: Chapter 28
Equinox: Chapter 29
Equinox: Chapter 30
Equinox: Chapter 31
Equinox: Chapter 32
Equinox: Chapter 33
Equinox: Chapter 34
The Coven: Solstice
Solstice: Chapter 1
Solstice: Chapter 2
Solstice: Chapter 3
Solstice: Chapter 4
Solstice: Chapter 5
Solstice: Chapter 6
Solstice: Chapter 7
Solstice: Chapter 8
Solstice: Chapter 9
Solstice: Chapter 10
Solstice: Chapter 11
Solstice: Chapter 12
Solstice: Chapter 13
Solstice: Chapter 14
Solstice: Chapter 15
Solstice: Chapter 16
Solstice: Chapter 17
Solstice: Chapter 18
Solstice: Chapter 19
Solstice: Chapter 20
Solstice: Chapter 21
Solstice: Chapter 22

Equinox: Chapter 25

2.6K 53 15
By hexezz

Lilly had her head leaning against the window of Sean's jeep driving back to Hawthorne Academy. She managed to convince Sean to go to Boston with her for Christmas, he was family. It took a long time and a lot of convincing but when he finally got there she knew he did enjoy his time with a real family.

"So I kept up my end of the bargain." Lilly said to him, thankfully the roads had been plowed and salted since the snow storm, "I didn't mention Darcy for the entire break. What are you guys doing with your relationship."

Sean sighed in defeat. He had only agreed to go to Boston with her if she promised not to mention, ask, question or nag about Darcy. Lilly had agreed but the questions were burning in her head the entire time. Before they left Willow Creek Sean had spent most of the time they were locked in his apartment talking with Darcy in his room, not to come out and not to be disturbed by anyone. Naturally Lilly assumed they had a major conversation about their relationship and because she was nosy she wanted to know every last detail.

"We decided to take it slow." Sean mumbled keeping his eyes on the road. Though he claimed to be different he was still the same. Old Sean never took his eyes off the road and drove with both hands on the wheel. New Sean did the same.

Lilly rolled her eyes, "Obviously you're going to take it slow. I want to know the dirty details, everything you talked about, everything she blamed on you."

She really wanted to make sure Darcy wasn't the one bending over backwards for Sean. He left her, he broke her heart. Why would she be the one to compromise with him? He would have to be the one kissing her ass trying to get back in her good graces. And Lilly could only assume the girl raised under the bitch wing of Sage would be hard to impress after a tremendous heart break.

"We just talked out what happened with each other in the months I was away. She told me how she felt, how depressed she was and wanted to know what I was like in those months."

"And?"

Sean sighed, "I lied. About a lot of the things that happened in California." His fingers were drumming on the steering wheel awkwardly, "I stayed in a house with five girls, but I didn't sleep with any of them. I didn't touch another girl the entire time I was away."

Why would he lie about who he had slept with? Why would be tell lies to make himself look worse than he actually was?

Before Lilly could ask why Sean answered the question for her. "I thought someone as great as Darcy would have moved on in that time and if I was miserable she would have some sort of satisfaction. I made up everything so I wouldn't look so pathetic."

Lilly nodded her head, "So you didn't work in a gay bar?"

"That I did because it's good money and I didn't need experience."

"Gotcha. But couldn't you have called Darcy to tell her you were ok? She thought the worst things happened to you."

At Sean's questioning sideways glance, she could have slapped herself on the head, or thrown herself out of the car. Had she just lectured him about leaving without a word? Leaving without so much of a phone call? She would chalk up their abandonment issues to blood but she wasn't blood related to Sean seeing as Norah killed his parents and kidnapped him when he was five.

She had done the same thing as him, left everything behind without another word. The only difference is Sean elected to return whereas she was forced to. Lilly had thought many times about if she wasn't forced to return to the Coven would she have ever gone back to Willow Creek?

Sean, probably becoming awkward with the silence cleared his throat. "So have you been working this out with Mason?"

"What? No! Why would you ask that?" Everyone had been asleep when they spoke the other night. What had Sean seen or heard that made him think they were getting back together, "Look, Mason and I have been talking, that's it. Not even just as friends. The whole thing with the car kind of bonded us in a life or death moment of friendship...another one, so we are trying to see more eye to eye."

"That was a stupidly long answer for a lie."

"Well it's the truth, believe what you want."

Close to midnight she was lying on the bed in her room starring up at the ceiling. She had asked Sean to stay in the apartment Sage's parents kept in town but he refused and drove back to Willow Creek. She kept sending him messages every ten minutes for updates on his trip, eventually he stopped responding and she called only to get an angry rant about her insane tendencies.

Lilly had no idea where Hailey, or Jake were. They had not shown back up to the school yet. She heard Sage and Darcy talking as they walked down the hall, a little bit more pep could be heard in Darcy's voice as they spoke.

After midnight there was a knock on the door. Opening it expecting to see either Darcy, Sage or Ace, Lilly was both shocked and angered to see Pepper standing in the hallway. "Did you really think I would let this slide?" The girl whispered.

Frowning, Lilly placed her hand on the door ready to slam it in Pepper's face if the girl tried to force her way into the room. "What did I do now, Pepper?"

Pepper pulled a hex bag out of her pocket, "Do you really think I wouldn't find this?" She threw the bag at Lilly, who let it fall to the ground without attempting to catch it. "I found that under the seat of my car. Caused me some problems on the way home! Trying to kill me now are you?"

"I have no idea what you're talking about, Pepper."

The other girl rolled her eyes, "Don't play dumb with me! You're trying to take me out because you know I know you're the reason for all the deaths in the school!" Only half true, Lilly was potentially killing everyone but she wasn't trying to kill Pepper, hopefully. "I found this before I left, I would have died on the way home!"

Lilly groaned and rubbed her hand down her tired face. "I don't even know what kind of hex that is let alone how to make it."

Pepper laughed in her face, "Don't play the dumb card again. I've seen what you can do and we all know about your water ability. My question is, how long before you kill someone in your own Coven? How long before you take out your boyfriend?"

Lilly felt her face grow hot with anger, she didn't want this conversation with Pepper to end like the last one with several detentions. She balled up her hands into fists so hard her nails were digging into her palms. "Go. Away."

"Or what? Going to hex me? Drown me? Or maybe you're going to rip out my heart like you did to Vince?"Pepper had a look of stone on her face, as though talking about Vince's death as though it had no effect on her. Lilly pissed off and annoyed, slammed the door and paced around her room.

Pepper was a thorn in her side, she hated the bitch more than she thought she could hate anyone. She was glad someone planted a hex bag in her car, maybe the bitch would have died. Hell maybe Lilly should pick up where the attempt left off and plant another one. A more effective one.

The skin around her neck began to feel hot. Lilly touched it with her finger and realized the skin was hot under the necklace she was wearing. Taking the ring at the end of the chain in her hand, she yanked off the chain and looked at it. The necklace was cool to the touch, maybe her skin was just heating up because her blood was boiling with a murderous rage?

There was another knock on the door, "Go away, Pepper!" She yelled out, "I swear if you've come to bug me again I will shove my foot for far up your ass you will cough up my god damn shoelaces!"

There was a soft snicker, "As funny as that would be to see it would be very painful." It was a male voice outside her room, "Are you going to open the door? I don't want to get caught wandering the halls."

Lilly crossed the room and threw open the door to see Ace standing on the other side with a smirk on his face. Lilly threw her arms around his neck and kissed his lips. "Oh I missed you!" That and she felt like a terrible girlfriend kissing Mason while they were apart.

Still lips locked she pulled him into the room, tripping over her suitcase on the ground and falling onto her bed. Ace's hands ran up and down her body as their tongues dances together in her mouth.

Ace was the first to break apart their lips, he was on top of her looking down at her with those dark eyes of his, with the gaze that made her feel like the most important and beautiful girl in the world. "You did miss me." He joked as her gently caressed her face.

"Who wouldn't?"

He shrugged ,"I guess people who don't like me."

"And who wouldn't like you?"

He raised an eyebrow, "Oh I bet I could name a few."

He was referring to Mason. Why would he talk about Mason now unless...did he know something? Somehow did he find out about the intimate moments she had shared with the other boy while stuck in a car? Did he somehow know that she invited him into her bed and they talked about their relationship?

Lilly shook off the fear, there was no way Ace could know anything about Mason. Hell her Coven members didn't know anything, other than Sean, and they were all sleeping in the adjacent rooms. "So, Mr. Harrington." She said in her sexiest voice, "Is there a reason you came to see me so late?"

She smiled, "Can I not come knocking on the door after midnight just because I missed my girlfriend?"

Lilly shrugged, "Most times if it's this late it's a booty call."

He smiled slyly, "Well if that's what you want I am more than willing to give you what you want." He winked at her before she pushed him off her and he rolled to the side, "Just so you know, I was kidding."

She felt his arm wrap around her body and he pulled her closer again. Lilly laughed and tried to push away but his hold was too tight. "Good god you're way to strong."

She struggled free but he just laughed and used his strength to flip her around so they were looking at each other face to face. "A karate black belt champion should be pretty strong. My skills would make Chuck Norris afraid."

"You know karate?" She questioned, he hadn't told her this before.

"My dad put me in classes after school for three hours a day so he wouldn't have to deal with me. It paid off in the end when I was fourteen I was a black belt and competing with guys older than me."

That explained why he was so buff. Lilly ran her hands over his shoulders, across his pecks and down his six pack. She felt him move and he was above her again, kissing her again. This time his hands slide down her body to the waist of her jeans, slowly moving back up under her sweater.

His hands were cold against her skin, when he touched her stomach her winced at the coldness. He pulled away slightly but she put her hand over his telling him silently to continue. His hands continued to slide up until he cupped her.

That was the first of things to come. Slowly they undressed each other not breaking their kiss. He touched her, kissed her, caressed her. Though there was nothing covering their bare bodies the room felt like it was boiling, like the sun was in there with them as they tumbled on top of the bed.

Though she loved the way he was touching her, she loved they way he was making her feel there was something missing from his touch. Something that no matter what he did he wouldn't be able to give her what she wanted.

He was not Mason.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

141K 5.9K 22
❝Its hard to live with the fact that you're in love with someone who will never love you back.❞ ©caesium- Highest ranking #22 Short Story
4.1M 87.4K 62
•[COMPLETED]• Book-1 of Costello series. Valentina is a free spirited bubbly girl who can sometimes be very annoyingly kind and sometimes just.. anno...
207K 3.8K 6
Most people fear dragons. Most people can't see past their large scales and fierce personalities. Most people can't control them. Yes, they're danger...
14.3K 1.7K 31
Anders is a moody magic-user with few friends and an electric temper. Jak is a thief by trade with more than a few tricks up his sleeve and a pocket...