The Lost Princess ( The Compu...

By asatabardo

Joshua turn to get a closer view of, his stepmother? Can he even call her that she was younger than him! She... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter eight
Chapter nine
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Epilogue

Chapter 37

26.9K 876 34
By asatabardo

" The ladies first and only visit was Madame Crystal's dress shop due to the weather they had no intention of visiting another and she claims that she was busy inside when the ladies left." Jake reported, to his friends as they made their way down the busy street. The night had passed quickly and as the sun peaked from the horizon, the gentlemen had scurried into town to start there investigations. So far they weren't finding anything of importance. " What did you learned from the maid and footman? According to Madame Crystal they were outside helping the ladies."

" Nothing " Joshua mumbled, sounding totally annoyed. " they hadn't even notice when the ladies disappeared. "

" But they must have saw something! " Lord Cummings protested. He was a bit fatigue this morning but determination to find his wife and the late October air revived him.

" Not according to Chevon and Kent " How could the ladies just vanished without being noticed? This may not be London but there are few twattle mouths and wondering eyes present. It's impossible to think that these Frenchmen kidnapped the ladies outside the dress shop. Someone or something much have distracted them. " I believe we should have a word with the street sellers "

" They didn't have time for a stroll Joshua, they were trying to make it back home before the rain started. " Jake chimed in. " besides no street seller would be on the street if they saw the weather changing "

Joshua shrugged. " Maybe they made a quick visitor to one of the street sellers that hadn't leaved as yet."

Jake mind twirled with thoughts as he tried to make sense of it. " I supposed " 

The streets were slightly vacant with street sellers, it was to early in the morning for some, who had duties to fulfilled at home, until late afternoon. The weather was turning cooler and soon winter would come, adding to more vacancy of the sellers. Joshua sighed in despair, he planned on taking his wife to London to spend their first Christmas. How drastically things had changed for the worst.

" Excuse me ma'am" the woman who looked up at him, from rumbling through her luggage bag. Had silver hair with a few fading brown ones and a pleasant face.

Her eyes shimmer with joy as she welcome her visitor. " Oh what a delightful surprise to see you Lord Fisher " She rose to her feet, bringing along a few Cotton blankets in her hands.

Joshua wasn't surprised that the lady knew who he was. The whole of Wessex does. His popularity sometimes provoked him, everyone knew what's going on in his life and who he was, when he knew absolutely nothing about them. " It's a pleasure to meet you ma'am. Would you mind if I asked you a few questions Mrs...? "

"It's Mrs. Peters....oh, not at all. I wouldn't mind" She said, giving him her full attention. " I would try my best to help you in any way "

Joshua smiled. " I was wondering if my wife would have visited you yesterday. " this question caused a frowned to appeared on the lady's face. It made her look even older.

"I am not sure I can help you. Forgive me but I have never seen your wife before" how could she? Joshua scolded himself. Halley's time in Wessex was always spend at home. The only places she went was at Balls and his workplace. Taking a deep breathe, he started describing his wife's appearance that tragic evening. In his attempt to jog the woman's memory.

Mrs. Peters green eyes brighten. " Oh my I remembered her!" This caused Joshua's heart to beat frantically with anticipation. " how lucky you are to have such lovely wife! "

"Did you saw anything strange that evening? Or where she went after visiting you?" He asked, with haste, growing a bit impatient the longer she took to answer.

"Oh my goodness, she's missing!" Her hand clasped over her chest. Joshua nodded. " how awful! I really need to start catching up with the gossips around here " she mumbled.

" I'll stick with the newspapers, if I were you"

"Ha" she waved a hand dismissing his statement. " gossips, newspapers what's the difference?"

Joshua pinched the bridge of his nose. Mrs. Peters did have a valid  point, he did also but now is not the time  for a  debate. " Mrs. Peters you now understand how important it is that you remember exactly what happen when my wife was here yesterday. Did you notice anything strange that day?" He repeated, sternly.

Mrs. Peters considered the question. " I don't know if this might help but I had only took a moment off your lovely wife, to look for more items to show her when I saw her following a street urchin across the street. "

"A street urchin, you say?" Joshua asked incredulously.

" yes, I was just as shock as you are" she replied.

"Joshua!" Lord Cummings interrupted, rubbing his temples gently. " I'm not making any progress and ...my head hurts" Joshua frowned, this was why he was upset that Jake drugged David. He knew there would be side effects the following morning. David to them was like there baby brother, not because he was the youngest amongst them. He was a very fragile gentleman never drink to the point of drunkenness in fact he only had drinks on special occasions and only a glass. His body wasn't use to strong substances. Drugging him was a mistake. Joshua was still amazed that he even made it out of the house this morning.

" Don't worry Davy" he rested an reassuring hand on his shoulder. " you would be alright, just need to drink lots of water" he turned to Mrs. Peters. " David this is Mrs. Peters" Mrs. Peters nodded her head in acknowledgment while David give her a lovely smile. " Good morning " Joshua could tell by the way her eyes stare at David that she didn't knew who he was. "She was just informing me that Halley was seen following a street urchin "

"Street urchin?" He turned staring at Joshua with confusion. " to where?" They both turned expectantly at Mrs Peters who only shrugged her shoulders.

" I don't know. The rain came after that.... perhaps you could asked her." She said, pointing towards a little ragged girl, no more that six, who stood idly beside the Apple cart waiting for the best opportunity to snatch one. " She's a very slippery one" Mrs Peters leaned into Joshua as she speak. " you gentlemen would have to be careful----"

"Hey!" Joshua cursed under his breathe when he saw the startled child dropped the apple and took of running with David behind her. " I need to talk to you!"

" Oh you could just chase her like a lunatic " Mr. Peters said, nonchalantly. " that would work" the hint of  sarcasm didn't went unnoticed by Joshua who quickly thanked the Lady for her help before following after David.

"My father and I weren't in town yesterday. He had did weird feeling that it would rain, not a good day to sell pottery, so he say" Charmaine the potter's daughter said, with a smile. She was very pleased to have such a handsome man talking to her. Mother was right this was a great job to meet husbands.

"Why didn't you say that before!" Jake Exclaimed. He had just wasted precious time talking to this chit. Good thing she was easy on the eye or he would have just endure his orbs to pure agony for nothing!

Charmaine blue eyes glared at him. " I thought you were enjoying our conversation, besides " she waved a hand in dismissal towards him. " I get bored here all alone when my father's out doing deliveries " Jake swept a hand over his face before he could reply an girlish squeal escaped Charmaine.

" Oh my goodness" She hung on to Jakes arm for dear life. " isn't that Lord Fisher's son. He gets more handsome by the day and...seems to be in hurry" she frowned. Jake inhale a deep breathe as he saw Joshua racing down the streets.

Great what now!

People scurried out of there path, racing through a crowd was not easy when he had to keep an eye on David. "David stop!" He had almost reached him when David suddenly bend and crawled under a vegetable cart. Joshua was to close to stopped and he ended up topping over into the cart. Son of a bitch! He groaned picking himself out of the vegetable cart, his hands went to his hair as he took the smashed tomato out of it with a disgusted look.

" you're supposed to eat ye veges not wear them" the owner of the cart grinned at him showcasing his yellow teeth causing Joshua to grimace even more.

" Don't I know it" he mumbled throwing a few bank notes at the old man who quickly thanked him and hid the money somewhere in his trousers. Joshua suppressed a chuckle at the way the man eyes darted around his surroundings. He limped away dusting smashed vegetables off his clothes and hair.

" Josh..ua" Joshua ignored his friend who he could see from the corner of his eye was suppressing laughter. " You look ---"

"Don't " he held up a hand towards him." We need to find David. He went this way." Jake was more focus on his friend's dishevelled state. The old Joshua he knew would have went to the nearest store and buy a new pair of clothes instead of walking the streets like someone vomited vegetables on him. How he had changed. Jake sighed with a pleased expression.

" Jake stop staring at me!" Joshua turned glaring at him. " you're making me uncomfortable ...as if it isn't already "

"Fine--"  A scream caught there attention and they quickly took off in that direction.

" you little crook!" David grabbed hold of the girl's arm bringing her to her feet. She let out a piercing scream, her grey eyes on the verge of shedding tears.

" please, ye didn't mean to take the apple." She cried." Ye was going to pay for it....later!"

" Liar!" He dragged her down an alley from few persons scrutinizing gaze. " Now you are going to tell me who you're working for" he warned, pointing a finger at her. " or you would end up in jail! "

" David! " he took his eyes off the girl, to see his friends walking towards him, with faces of stone. " what the hell do you think you're doing chasing a child across town! We were supposed to have done this discreetly not ---"

" Joshua you look horrible! " David exclaimed. " it looks like you have been tossed in a bowl Of vegetables"

"What?" Joshua's eyebrows creased. " that wasn't even funny Jake! Why are you even laughing! " he said turning to face Jake, who was roaring with laughter.

" I know " he replied composing himself. " just needed to get that off my chest....." Joshua rolled his eyes. " who's the girl?"  Jake indicated the question to David.

" This little brat has information on finding my wife!" Turned his gaze back to the child, eyes burning with fury. " Now answer the question, Damit! " A whimper escaped from her when David shook her with impatience.

" Let her go David " Joshua knew they wasn't going to have this girl talking if he kept behaving like a ruffian.

"And let her escape!" He shook his head in total disagreement. " I don't think so"

" let the girl go David and Jennifer doesn't need to know about how insolent you were to a child" Jake smirked with satisfaction, when David hesitantly obliged, releasing the child's arm, he took a step back. Works everything Jake mused.

" Fine!" He mumbled, folding his arms as he watched Joshua scrunched on his knees to the girls height. " what's your name?" He asked sweet and gentle. The girl cast her eyes to the ground. " Come on you can tell me"

"I ....." She hesitated. " I don't have....well the mean lady back in London usually called me little bastard....." Joshua's eyes widen. " but I never liked it always thought it bad." It was indeed bad, so bad that society shunned you because of that word. To society, A child out of wedlock was like the greatest sin anyone could have committed. The children shouldn't be the one to suffer, it wasn't their fault that they were born with such a scar. " Don't ever say that word again.... How would you like if I give you a name?" The question not only surprised him but the girl whose eyes brighten as they stared at him. " how would you like if I called you Sarah?"

Her eyes smiled at him. " I like that"

"Now Sarah I'm going to asked you a few questions and I need the truth, OK?" She nodded. " yesterday did you asked a young Lady to follow you across the street?" she twisted her head to one side and stare at him with little confusion.

" ye mean the nice lady?"

Joshua nodded. " Where did the both of you went?" When she didn't answer he added. " I'll pay you, if you tell me"

"A man asked me to bring the nice lady to the alley, He said he would give me a dime if I do. She was very nice wanted to help my sick ma"  That's why Halley followed the little girl. She wanted to help. The gesture shows how compassionate his wife is and it warmed his heart.

" Let me clear this fog that's hovering over me." David said, his hands waved carelessly in the air. Joshua looked to Jake " what fog? " he mouthed to Jake who only shrugged his shoulders. " My wife got kidnapped for a Bloody Dime! I don't think it can get anymore insulting that this!"

"Kidnapped" she repeated turning her gaze back to met Joshua.

" That man was a very bad man Sarah he stole the nice lady and this man's wife "

"Ye very sorry, ye didn't want bad things happening to nice lady." Her body shook with sobs.

"What did he looked like? Did you see what happen?" Jake asked.

Sarah wiped her eyes with the back of her dirty hands. "Hair  like yours " she pointed at Joshua's black hair. " ye didn't get to see anything, only collect dime and ran"

" I'm sorry but no one has hair like this" his tone defensive as his hands swept through his soft shoulder length hair, losing himself in the silky texture. Or was that tomato juice?

"Great!" David threw his hand in the air." We have gotten absolutely nothing from the child that could help!"

Joshua rose to his feet, wiping his hand along his trousers. " You're right" he sigh. " if only we can capture one of these Frenchmen--"  Joshua was hoping that the girl saw which direction they went. It would have been a lot easier, to know which direction to concentrate on searching.

"Do ye get pay now?" Joshua rumbled through his pocket and pulled out a few more bank notes." Here is ......" He counted the money." Ten pounds" Sarah's eyes brighten with excitement as she snatched the money out of his hand. She had never had a pound in her life, now she was receiving ten!" I don't have anything smaller. " Jake mumbled something incoherent at Joshua's remarks, earning a look of bewilderment from him.

" Thank you sir!" She swept passed him, only to felt large hands grabbed hold of her arm. Stamping her foot, she turned glaring at him.

" I didn't say you could leave" Joshua arched a brow at her. " I forgot to mention that you would be escort to the nearest Orphanage immediately. " The child was getting mixed up with the wrong crowd on the streets. He didn't want her to be taken advantage of by anyone, again. She deserved better.

" No ye don't want no orphanage! " She fought to free herself from his grasped. " They don't like ye, they hurt ye" Sarah told him eyes filled with tears.

Joshua suppressed a sigh. He saw the fear and refusal in her eyes. The orphanage isn't a place for punishment. His eyebrows creased, it was probably that mean lady back in London who got her fearful. " this isn't London Sarah. The orphanages here are filled with lots of lovely ladies. You would have lots of food to eat, so you wouldn't have to steal, friend's to play with and Dolls. " He give her one of his charming smiles that always work to persuade the ladies.

" Dolls?" She mumbled. ".......ye like dolls" A tiny smile spread across her mouth.

" Well Sarah, let's get going shall we?" He released her arm and to his surprise she snaked her small hand around his.

" I like you" She looked up at him and grinned. Jake couldn't help but smile at the scene, his friend really have a way with the ladies.

"Joshua she belong in a cell for participating in an kidnapping! Not an orphanage!" David took angry steps towards Sarah before Jake's hand blocked him form proceeding further. " I can't believe you two are defending her! Have you forgot that the ladies are still missing! "

" She's just a child David. She didn't know what she was getting into--"

"She's a convict!" He pointed on Sarah, while staring at Jake. " That's what they want us to believe!" He closed his eyes and started to take deep breathes, the headaches were returning with a vengeance.

"David?" He held a hand in the air silencing Jake.

"I'm only wasting my time with you two" Without another word  David started walking away from them.

"Talk to him Jake" Joshua groan. " I'll be back soon "

"Why do I always got stuck with the nutjob?"

"He isn't a nutjob Jake. Don't call him that" he warned.

" I call them like I see them"

"Just don't drug him again!" Jake shook his head, with an smile of amusement, watching as Joshua and Sarah made their way out of the alley.

****
Halley felt awful.
The entire night, was a nightmare! Halley had never experience such pain in her lifetime. She could still smell the fresh blood that stick to her forehead, Her fingers, she can hardly move them without whimpering like an wounded pup. The only  thing keeping her alive was the child growing inside her. Halley moved her hand of the dusty ground and rested it on her stomach.
She closed her eyes, praying that her husband would find her before her tummy starts to get noticeable. The door swung opened and Halley heard heavy foot steps entering the room. " Breakfast for the ladies" The man chuckled, humorlessly.

The plates rattled in the tray as it hit the floor. Halley opened her eyes, she was to exerted from last night to turned towards him. Halley sat motionless, staring at the wall ahead until the door slammed shut, leaving her alone once again.

" You should eat something " Oh wait, she wasn't alone. She had forgotten about the other lady. " If not for you but the baby."

Halley gaped at her." How did you.....?"

"I'm the daughter of a midwife, I know the signs" she turned and cross her legs in front of her. " not to mention that you kept me awake last night, vomiting and crying for your husband while repeating that you wouldn't let them hurt your baby"

Halley vaguely remembered last night. She don't recall ever talking in her sleep. Maybe it was the stress? The vomiting was out of her control. She didn't bothered to carry the medication, Doctor Morris had given her. It did helped with the nausea. How was I to know I would have gotten kidnapped! She frowned. " It's none of your business, so just forget about it"

" You're right" Samantha nodded. " but you should eat something very soon." Halley stare at the tray with two plates filled with grapes and bread. That couldn't possibility satisfied her! " You can have my plate also, I'll wait tonight when they bring supper."

Halley wonder why this lady was acting so nice towards her, when she was responsible for the pink mark across her cheek. Crawling towards the tray she took a plate in her hand and made her way back to her corner. " I'll satisfied with this " She popped a grape in her mouth. She didn't want any sympathetic gestures from her husband's former mistress.

Samantha sighed. " I'll leave it for you still, very soon you would be hungry again " She was sure of that.

"Stop being nice to me!" Halley glared at Samantha. " I'm not going to give you an apology! "

Samantha forehead creased. " you think I'm doing this for an apology? Don't be naive. " she snorted in an unladylike fashion. It was in her nature to help others especially one that's with child. Her mother made sure of that. " I have better things to worry about than an apology, like for instance how to get out of here.....alive"  It had been weeks since, she had been confined to this place. If it wasn't for Larry, she would have been dead. The Frenchman wanted to kill her, said she was like a snake and he hated snakes. Larry had coax him to keep her as a prisoner stating that they might need her someday.

"How...how did you get in here? Did they mistake you for a Princess?" Halley's eyebrows rose as she eagerly anticipated an answer.

Samantha giggled." I'm no Princess. My ex fiancé is working for the French, I found out when I was snooping around his study......we would have been married by now if....." Samantha voiced broke, she inhale sharply blinking back tears.

How unfortunate! Halley couldn't help feeling a bit sympathetic for the lady. " What compelled you to start snooping? " she took a bit from the stale bread while staring at Samantha.

Compelled was a perfect way to put it. That's how she felt, staring in those blue orbs of his. " It was your husband's idea" Samantha sighed, dropping her gaze.

"What!" Halley cried, incredulously. " what does my husband have to do with any of this!"

" He was only helping a friend find the princess to returned back to Spain. He believe the French knew who she was, so he sent me to investigate since Larry and this stranger were friends. I got caught and ended up here" She struggled.

"Oh " Halley whispered, sending a grape slowly in her mouth." You know they think I'm this princess, which is totally absurd! What hurts the most is my friend Jennifer had to die...they killer her!" She buried her face in her hands as he body shook with sobs.

"Oh my goodness!" Samantha mouth hung opened. " you mean the Countess! " Halley nodded. " that's horrible! David must be going insane! "

" He love her so much. I can't imagine.... "

" You need to calm down stress isn't good for the baby" Halley swiped the tears from her eyes and took a deep breathe.

" I know " few minutes passed before she composed herself. " I believe they would release me when they found out they had captured the wrong person"

" They wouldn't have captured you if you weren't the Princess of Spain " Samantha replied, sternly.

Halley groan with exasperation. Why everyone keeps telling her this? Who knew who she was better than herself? " I'm done trying to convince people. " She began distracting herself by running her healthy fingers through her tangled curls. She wonder what Joshua was doing right now. Surly he was busy searching for her. He love her and this brought a smile to her face. Halley was fortune  to have gotten the opportunity to hear her husband's confession of love before her disappearance.

"What's your name?"

"Samantha Wavery" She replied.

" That's a lovely name...... Do you mind telling me about your mother?"

Samantha rose a blond brow. " Why would you want to know about my mother?"

"She was a midwife, I'm with child....."

" Oh, I understand but It's a very long story" She warned.

" We have time" A slow smile spread across Halley's face, Samantha returned the smile as she crawled closer towards Halley.

****
Jake sigh with relieved when he entered the pub and saw David sitting on a stood. His shoulders were slouched, eyes focus on the drink nestled between his palm. He didn't even acknowledged Jake's presence when he took the sit beside him.

David lifted the glass and empty it with one gulp. Jake's eyes widen. David was never a strong drinker. He was the only at special events type of gentleman, that's why Jake wasn't a bit surprised when he started coughing. "Oliver bring a glass of water for my friend here!" He shouted at the man who was busy drying whiskey glasses one after the other. The pub was never busy at morning only at nights this give Olivier the owner, the chance to get things ready for the night. With a nod of a head the man sprung into action.

" Don't touch me!" David shook his hands off his shoulders. " I hate the both of you!" He sniffle, staring at the now empty glass.

" I know you don't mean that " Oliver brought the glass of water. " here drink this" he slid the glass closer to David who knocked it over the counter, sending it crashing to the floor.

"Stop treating me like a child!" David glared at him, giving him a view of his swollen eyes. " I don't want any blasted water....I want my wife! You and Joshua are only concern about some little street urchin who is responsible for my missing wife!"

Jake pinched the bridge of his nose, David's outburst was drawing attention from the few men in the pub. " Calm down David " he coax. " we are doing everything we can. The whole of Wessex's looking for the ladies!"

"Ha" he slapped his hands on the counter. " you want me to just sit back and let others search for my wife! How does that make me look as a husband! "

"That's not what we are doing David! You know we would never do such a thing!"

David's eyes clouded with tears. " I feel so useless right now! My..Jenny must be so scared....."

A weeping lady Jake could handle but not a man! " whatever you do don't cry" He jump off the stool with a nervous chuckle. " Do you really want to embarrass yourself in front of everyone" he whispered.

"So that's what I'm to you? An embarrassment!" Jake rested his head in the palm of his hands as he leaned  over the counter. " what did you put in that drink? Female hormones? " He rose an eyebrow at Oliver who only chuckled with good humor.

"What about the ransom! If they wanted money how is it that I never saw one letter of request!" He rose to his feet with stunned realization.

" Ummm..." Jake wasn't good at lying. " let's go look for Joshua "

" I can see you both are unreliable right now " He turned facing the few people in the pub. " I'll give anyone who finds, my wife, The Countess of Birmingham one hundred thousand pounds and---" Jake's hand covered David's mouth, preventing him from finishing his sentence.

"Don't worry, he is just drunk doesn't know a nickel from a dime" he said, dragging David back to the stool.

"That's because he never use them!" A man shouted from his table. Having the entire pub erupting with laughter.

I got to get out of here."  We are leaving now!" Jake quickly pulled out some coins and threw them on the counter, unlike Joshua he walked with coins.

"I'm not going anywhere with you"  David growled, turning his back to him. David was acting like a spoiled child and Jake wasn't going to tolerate it!

" Don't make me dragged your ass out of here! We are doing everything we can to find the ladies and your intolerance is not helping! "

" The only chance of finding the ladies is by capturing one of those Frenchmen, which we haven't because you and Joshua are to busy polishing street urchins!" Jake swept a hand over his face, at the corner of his eye he saw Oliver wiping his newly washed glasses with a white piece of cloth although busy with his task his eyes were fixated on them.

Jake rose his eyebrows at him. " I couldn't help over hearing your conversation. " Oliver said, approaching them. Jake rolled his eyes. It's not like their conversation was secret. " There might be a way to capture one of these Frenchmen " this got the gentlemen's attention.

" What do you know Oliver? " Jake took at seat.

"Well..." He placed the glass in his hand on the counter and leaned forward. " there's this gentleman came in here two nights ago, total stranger asking for barrels of Whiskey. I told him I don't sell by the barrels. He got upset, told me to supply him with as much bottles, he give me his word that he would returned the following day---"

"Where is this going? " Jake interrupted growing impatient by the man's delicacy. "I'm not in the mood for long stories besides why would a guy ordering barrels of whiskey be of any interest to us?"

Oliver stare at him with an weary expression. " Because he had an accent.... He was trying very hard to sound British. "

David eyes widen. " Jake, do you think he was ordering the barrels for the ship?"

" My thoughts exact. The question is, how are we going to capture this guy if he already collect his supplies?" His hand rubbed against his cheek, as he tossed the question around in his head.

"This is what you get for interrupting me the first time. " Oliver scolded at Jake. " I didn't say he collected it, Clairwood. I said he promised to collect it last night. He never came. "

"So there's a possibility that he would tonight? "

The bartender stood up straight. "Perhaps" He threw the cloth over his broad shoulder. " I certainly hope he does, would be the sale of the century " he grinned, Jake could see the pounds swimming across the man's eyes already.

A man started to bang his hands on the counter for Oliver's attention. " Hey there's a paying customer over here! " Oliver threw a scolding glance at him before turning back to the gentlemen.

"I'm positive he would be here tonight" he reassured.

" How can you be sure?" David challenged.

" I just know OK.  He sounded desperate and A bartender knows when his clients would be returning." He boasted, grabbing his glass. " I have money to make " also grabbing the coins off the counter. " remember you didn't hear this from me, don't want any officers in here questioning me." He warned, rushing to attend to his customers.

"Thanks for the help!" Jake shouted at his retrieving form.  Although it wasn't certain that this Frenchman would returned tonight. It was enough to have them rushing out the pub in search of Joshua to start formulating a plan. They were counting on a miracle tonight.

*****

I wonder if this guy would show?? Hope you like the chapter :)

Thank you all for the votes and comments :) really appreciate it !!!!

Mwah......

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

222K 7K 29
For the coming of the prince (Alexander), new maid servants were employed at the palace and Rebecca happened to be one of them. What happens when Ale...
82.1K 1.9K 16
Prince William, the Prince of Wales gets a second chance at love with the woman who's always been there. The Prince of Wales is suffering from a brok...
141 16 12
"Do you remember when I tried to sneak a kiss from you when we were children?" "Your Highness, I don't think this is the most appropriate time to rem...
156K 7K 34
Alexander smiled at her. "You are quite likeable, Emmeline, and I think we might one day be dear friends, but I doubt I shall ever wish to marry you...