The Demon's Heart

By RavenQueen_108

Annalise Monroe had never known what it meant to live a normal life. Since birth she had suffered with many i... More

The Attack
His Discovery
Call The Doctor
Mother Dearest
Her Saviour
Watch Over Her
I Know You
Losing Her
A New Friend
That's Mine
Don't Deny Me
Inside Her Mind
Stay With Me
Lost
Hell Rising
The Seer
Logan Unleashed
The Blood Moon
Laid To Rest
Changing Fate
Ressurection
His Claim
True Essence
Take The Throne
Party Preparations
The Angel's Kiss

Missing Pieces

118 8 0
By RavenQueen_108

It was past midnight by the time everyone had returned to the castle after the funeral.

Jace and Cam lay silent in bed together, staring at the ceiling. Neither one of them wanting to talk. Neither of them needing to.

Anna moved up onto Logan's chest as he pulled her closer and kissed the top of her head. Everyone was both physically and emotionally exhausted from this week.

"What's wrong amare?"

She sighed, "I'm just tired of.. everything."

"You're tired of me?" he said lifting her chin up to him.

Anna laughed slightly, "Never." she said with a kiss on his lips.

Logan smiled, "Good." he said before returning the kiss and holding her tight against him.

He pulled away and sat up as he lifted her into his arms and stood up.

"What are you doing?" she said with a frown.

"You need to relax your mind." he said walking towards the large window and sat on the bench in front of it. He turned to lean against the wall and adjusted Anna so that she was laid back on his chest. Logan reached forward and pushed the window open then quickly pulled a blanket over Anna as she shivered when the frigid early morning air hit them.

"Now wait," he whispered against her hair.

Anna watched as the horizon over the mountains slowly began to glow a soft orange colour. The sky became a light purple and red mix before gradually becoming lighter as the sun rose.

She smiled softly, "It's beautiful."

Logan tilted her chin up to him and stared down at her in awe. His eyes locked onto hers as he gently held her face.

"Yes you are," he whispered against her lips and softly kissed her.

Anna turned slightly and deepened their kiss, holding onto him as he slowly ran his hand over her shoulder and down her back.

They slowly broke apart and he stared down at her, "Anna.."

"Yes?"

He frowned slightly, "Why were you scared to stay in the infirmary yesterday?"

She dropped her gaze and thought back to the previous morning.

"I know you've been through a lot lately and it just seems like one thing after another goes wrong, but I'm here now. We're here now. I need you to know that you can talk to me.." he said softly.

Anna closed her eyes for a moment and took a deep breath, "I've been admitted to hospital many times before. Each time lasted at least a week, and each time I would have an anxiety attack from being stuck there for so long.." she said, unable to hold back the tear than ran down her cheek.

"I couldn't take being away from home when I was sick, I needed my family around me so that I wouldn't lose it." she paused thinking of them.

Logan gently wiped away her tears, "It's okay.."

"The last time was the worst.. by the third day I was crying on the phone to my mum, telling her I wanted to come home. She was a doctor so she could make them let me go. The moment my dad heard I wanted to leave he told her to get me out.. that night they showed up to take me home." she finished with a smile.

"I can tell how much they cared about you. I don't think they wanted you away from home either.."

She laughed slightly, "That's true. My little brothers would always say they didn't miss me, yet on our way home I had them both sleeping on me in the back seat."

He laughed then, "That's so cute." he said then stopped for a moment.

"What's wrong?"

Logan was hesitant to bring up the attack on her family. "How old were your little brothers?"

"Six, they were twins."

"When we got to your house, it was only you that we knew went missing.. we didn't find any other kids in the house."

"That's what was missing.." she whispered.

"Amare?"

"In the file you showed me," she said sitting up to look at him. "You had everything on me and my parents, but nothing on my brothers. Almost everything we did involved each other, it's not possible for you to have missed them."

Logan frowned slightly, "I don't remember.." he winced and shook his head before looking back up at her. "I'm missing something. I knew everything about your family but now.. it's almost a blur."

Anna thought for a moment, "Were those the only files you had on them?"
He shook his head, "We have a human database. The same files I showed you will be there too, but I'll need Cam to access it.."

"Why don't you have access to it?"

"I do.."

"You don't know how to.." she said trying to hide her laugh.

"I don't like computers." he mumbled out.

She couldn't help but laugh then, "Aww. It's okay, luckily I do and I spent the past 3 years studying them." she said with a wink.

Logan smiled, "And she's smart too."

"Damn right I am."

******

Anna sat behind Logan's desk and opened his laptop.

"You don't even have a password.." she mumbled out and shook her head.

He rolled his eyes, "Just find the-"

"Got it." she said, seeing her family history pop up when she searched their name.

Anna frowned at the first article in the list, "What the-?"

"What's wrong?" Logan said sitting next to her.

"This doesn't make sense. The first part says family of five, but birth history only shows my birth. Did no one wonder where the other two family members came from?"

"I've never even seen these before, I only read what was printed out." he replied.

Anna huffed and slowly placed her hands under her chin.

"What now?"

"Every event or routine of ours that involved them has either been altered or simply cut off. The weird thing is, it hasn't even been covered up much. It's like someone just deleted a few words or sentences and left it like that."

Logan frowned, "Why go through the trouble of erasing it if you're not gonna fix it?"

Anna slowly turned to him, "Because you would never see it."

"I don't understand?"

"Whoever did this, knows that you don't use computers. They knew that you would never open the original files again, and therefore had no reason to cover their tracks that well."

He thought for a moment, "Could she really have done that?"

"No Logan. The woman that was behind the reason why I went missing, couldn't possibly know what happened to my little brothers too." she said sarcastically.

He smiled and shook his head, "You're mean in the morning."

"I haven't had my coffee yet." she said with a shrug.

"Well let's go fix that then." he said holding his hand out to her.

She closed the laptop and took his hand before letting him lead her out of his office and towards the kitchen.

Anna sat on one of the high chairs while Logan went to put on a pot of coffee. She sat with her thoughts until he turned back to her to hand her a cup.

"Anna?" he said as she simply stared at the cup in front of her.

Suddenly single tear ran down her cheek and splashed into the swirling black coffee. Logan moved to her side and placed his hand on her back.

"Amare, what's wrong?"

Anna remained silent for a moment, until a slow grin broke out on her face. He stood slightly confused as she began to laugh with her hand over her mouth while more tears ran down her face.

She finally calmed down enough to take a deep breath and lower her hand.

"They weren't there.." she whispered to herself.

"Anna?"

"They weren't there." she said turning to him. "I thought I lost the most important people in my life, I thought they were dead the moment I left them.. I thought I failed them."

"If they were taken from the attack like you were.."

"Then they could have survived it!" she exclaimed still holding back some of her tears.

"That was still over 500 years ago Anna, unless they were brought here the same way you were.."

She shook her head and laughed again, "I don't care. I don't care if they weren't sent here, and I don't care if I never see them again. If they were taken away from it, they could have been protected from it. They could have lived and died without having to suffer the way I thought they did." she said letting her tears of joy and hope fall.

Logan slowly stepped forward and wiped away her tears then gently held her face, "Would you like to find out?"
She smiled up at him nodded.

He pressed his lips against her forehead before whispering against her hair,

"Let's go find your family, Anna."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

633 33 6
The last thing you remember was dying. So why are you here?? In a woman's body you don't know of that somehow looks like you but not. In a place you...
1.3M 13.9K 18
***EXCERPT ONLY*** He is Captain of the football team. Most popular Guy in school. Can get any girl he wants. Next in line to be Alpha. Logan's not r...
564 21 32
Right now Lucy's life is ordinary, after her Mother's death 2 years ago Lucy has come to terms with the fact that her Mother will never return and bl...
2.8K 109 8
This is a Dark romance, shifter wolf story. There are scenes of abuse, violence, non-consent, sex. The male lead is crazy and obsessive. For as long...