The Richmond Haunting (COMPLE...

By garyjarvis

The terror began immediately. Scratching at the bedroom window, icy chills, voices speaking in empty rooms. ... More

Prologue
Chapter 1:
Chapter 2:
Chapter 3:
Chapter 4:
Chapter 6:
Chapter 7:
Chapter 8:
Chapter 9:
Chapter 10:
Chapter 11:
Chapter 12:
Chapter 13:
Chapter 14
Chapter 15 (New Chapter)
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Notice

Chapter 5:

3.4K 189 35
By garyjarvis

Look here! Call them wild stories, ghost tales - everyone living on Richmond Street, past and present, believed there was something terrible with that one house.

According to articles posted on the internet, Fiona and Steven would later read about. Work on the property started back in 76, during the infamous heatwave, when England had faced droughts in regions.

And with it, the devil's handmaid at work. Extreme coldness on that plot of land, despite the heatwave.

Other incidents to follow were the construction workers hearing strange animal noises: seeing dark shadows and falling ill with the flu.

One worker even found the relics of a pig. During the property excavation, and carved on it was a Hexagram, the sign of the devil.

Over the next thirty years, those living on Richmond Street would watch tenants move into the house, only to flee in terror, and some residents even felt uncomfortable when passing the property!

'Sometimes your mind would play tricks on you, convincing you to look up at the window, and when you did that. You would feel the house watching you.' One resident claimed.

The neighbour, who called the police because of screaming he could hear coming from the house.

And because of all these hearsays, residents began to speak about the house behind closed doors; and would even more when new tenants moved into the property, only to flee in terror.

Meanwhile, back in the present, Harmony didn't feel comfortable sleeping in a room on her own and wanted to share with her sister.

Katrina thought her sister was being silly.

'Why does she have to sleep in the same room with me? She's got her own bedroom.' She would argue.

Fiona would get annoyed, not just with Katrina - but also with Steven because of his toothache.

Fiona knew her husband had gone to the dentist, but it made no difference; he would still bang on about it.

Any slight noise would drive a pitchfork into his teeth, and at night, she would feel him tossing and turning, whimpering with the pain in his mouth.

It was during this time she began to notice the incidents in her home becoming even more bizarre.

For example, one morning, after she made sure the kids got to school on time. She went to the shops.

Now, before - leaving the house, she had closed all the doors and left the breakfast dishes in the sink.

Later, when she returned home, she found all the doors opened and the breakfast dishes stacked in the cupboard underneath the sink where they all went.

In interviews,Fiona had this to say.

'Yeah, it did surprise me when I came home and saw the breakfast dishes put away because I knew I hadn't put them away.'

(ME:) 'And this is when you really began to believe you had a ghost in your house?'

'Well, I suspected, for some time, I did. I mean, more and more weird things were happening, but they were like everyday occurrences.'

(ME:) 'Such as?'

'The beds made when I hadn't made them, the washing machine spinning around when I hadn't put it on. Thing; disappearing around the house and turning up days later in weird places.'

The situation Fiona speaks of is typical of a poltergeist.

And on August 21st, a month after Harmony's allegations of the old man, Fiona had found the washing machine in the middle of the kitchen floor, looking at her like a pale, bloated monster!

If the washing machine had been on, the vibrations might have caused it to move, but it wasn't.

Pushing the washing machine back to where it went, using all her strength. A minute later, she turned around to see it again in the middle of the kitchen floor.

Not knowing what to make of these incidents that night in bed, she had told Steven about them.

'Maybe you thought you had made the beds.' Steven said, holding a hand to his mouth because of his toothache.

'Steven, I had made the beds.'

'And that's my point.'

'What, that I thought I had?'

'Yeah.'

'Once I could understand, but three to six times. Sorry, I can't accept that.'

'Well, what am I supposed to do?' Steven asked.

'I don't know, and that's not all. Today I found the washing machine in the middle of the kitchen floor.'

'You found the washing machine in the middle of the kitchen floor!' Steven said, bewilderment in his voice.

'And that's not all. Things around the house, they keep moving. Beds, chairs, you name it, they move.'

Steven found it difficult to believe what Fiona told him, despite his own experiences.

'You're saying somebody is in this house, like the person; you kept hearing at night, knocking at the door and all those other noises?'

'You still don't believe I heard them?'

'I think you're overtired.'

'Well, what about Harmony?'

'What about her?'

'She claimed to see an old man in her bedroom a few weeks ago.'

'What like a ghost?'

'I don't know.'

'She might have imagined it?'

'She said he spoke to her.'

'Saying what?'

'That he's going to kill us.'

'How, why?'

'I don't know, she never said.'

'Well, there you go. She's making it up.'

'And does that go for me?'

'You're in this house all day, so you're probably imagining things.'

'Do you really believe that?'

Steven at once slapped a hand to his face; his toothache was getting worse.

'I don't know what to believe. I'm in fucking agony here, and you're harking on about stupid noises and kids seeing ghosts.'

Fiona at once got out of bed.

'Where you're going?'

'I'm sleeping downstairs because if you think - I'm going to sleep next to someone who doesn't want to believe what's happening around here, you're wrong.'

Fiona didn't wait for Steven's response - but went downstairs to the sitting room.

And at three in the morning, she woke up to hear a voice whispering in her ear.

'Toy.' The voice spoke.

Seven days later, after Fiona had slept on the sofa. Somebody had defrosted all the food in the freezer, two weeks' worth of shopping down the drain.

'I don't fucking believe this.' Steven said, holding a tub of ice cream that might as well have dripped through his fingers. It was that soft. Somebody must have switched off the freezer, and looking at the plug at the back, he was right.

'The little fuckers!'

He didn't have to be an Einstein to know it was one of the girls. And leaving the kitchen, marching past the front room, Fiona sat on the sofa - heard a deafening sound. Steven shouting. So loud was his voice; it made her jump.

'Harmony and Katrina, I want you both down here. Now.'

Hearing Steven's voice, Fiona; immediately propped herself up, her face full of concern.

'What's happened? What's wrong?'

'Go to the freezer and see for yourself.'

Fiona looked at Steven; the mask on his face was not a happy one, and she went to the kitchen, straight to the freezer.

There she saw the food, all ruined. 'What the?'

'I know. It's a fucking joke.'

'Well, what happened?' Fiona stuttered, her voice doing so because she couldn't believe all that money wasted.

'What do you think?' Steven said, and again, he marched out of the kitchen and went to the staircase.

'I'm not going to tell you again.'

And the girls — hearing their dad's voice knew they were in trouble, but why? Their minds were blank.

Appearing from out of the bedroom, the girls spoke.

'What's up; why are you shouting?'

'Because of this, come with me.'

Steven didn't wait for the girls to come downstairs — but flooded back into the kitchen.

'Before you say anything, we've not done anything, okay?'

Steven flashed a smile, a cold one. 'Really? What about this, then?'

He was pointing his finger at the food.

'What?' Harmony and Katrina said together.

'Stop playing games, and put your hand on the damn food!' Steven shouted.

His toothache was causing his head to explode in several places. And he whimpered at the pain.

'Just do it!'

The girls flinched. Steven's shouting caught them off guard, and Fiona had to step in.

'Steven, maybe you should ...'

'What, calm down? Take it easy?'

'Well, yes, if you must know.' Fiona wasn't going to be intimidated by Steven's anger. She had enough shit on her plate.

'And I will, but right now, I want these two to put their hands on the food.'

Harmony and Katrina did.

'It's all defrosted. Who did that?'

'Like you don't know?' Steven said, flashing a smug smile.

'We don't.'

'So, the plug turned itself off?'

'Well, yeah, it must have done.' Katrina said, her voice snarky.

Steven wasn't impressed by the tone. 'Speak to me like that again, and you'll be sorry.'

Katrina made the right choice and said nothing.

'We didn't do it, honest, Dad.' Harmony said.

'So, what, the freezer defrosted all by itself? It didn't have anything to do with you two's switching it off.'

Fiona stepped in and told the girls to go upstairs.

'You're letting them get away with it?' Steven said, alarmed by Fiona's action.

'They didn't do it.'

'Well, who did? The fucking tooth fairy?'

'Don't take that tone with me. You know what's going on around here.'

'Yeah, yours truly, working his arse off, so the food which comes from my wages can go straight into the bin because of those twos.'

'It doesn't mean you can threaten them.'

'Well, maybe they need it.' Steven said. 'Bring them into fucking line. Every day I'm coming in from work to find the bathroom taps running, lights burning, drawers left open, and clothes scattered everywhere. It's a fucking joke.'

As Steven went into his lecture, Fiona couldn't help; but think about the incidents during the day when she was alone in the house, footsteps creaking on the stairs, the sound of somebody washing their hands at the kitchen sink.

Odd noises, which would stop the minute she went to investigate.

'You know the reason.'

Steven didn't want to hear about ghosts. Lately, if something happened, it always fell on some ghost lurking in the house.

'Yeah, the ghost in the house, all in your head, you know that?'

Fiona shook her head. 'What! You still think I'm imagining it all?'

'I don't know, probably, yeah.'

'Think what you like, but you're not here in the daytime?' Fiona said.

She didn't want to get into a fight. She was in no mood, her period had just started, and stomach cramps were on a high.

The only thing she wanted was an early night.

'There's no point talking to you when you're like this.' Fiona said, and she went to squeeze past Steven, only to be pulled back.

'You're going to walk away? You're getting good at walking away when I'm getting to the truth.'

Fiona shook the grip away from her arm. 'What truth? The truth; you don't want to believe what's happening around here.'

'What, the ghost you keep seeing?' Steven said in a mocking voice.

'I don't know, but something doesn't feel right; I think we need to find out what's going on around here.'

Later that same evening, when everything had calmed down, Steven thought about the incidents happening in his home.

Fiona, seeing things, hearing noises, Harmony included. In fact, it was only Katrina who hadn't seen anything.

But all that was about to change.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.5K 275 14
Six friends decide to take a road trip. They want to get out and see the world. However, the world has things best left unseen. For this night is the...
532 77 16
Prologue: Then she hears something else, Something calling out to her, she couldn't hear it but sense it, It sounded like human but not human. Some...
769K 16.1K 21
A fun trip to a haunted house turns into a grisly nightmare after a group of teens go in after it closes. They think it's just well put together, bu...