The Fire Angel (ATLA Fanfic)

By Darkninja7

Water.... Earth... Fire... Air A long time ago, the four nations lived together in harmony. The skies were fi... More

Book 1 - The Beginning
Training 101
Following Orders
Grandpa Ping
Friendship
Visited By Royalty
The Prince and Angel
Goodbye or See you Later?
You've still got a friend in me!
General for the Crew?
Patience
Shadow Snake
The Open Ocean
Beneath the Scars
Time, friend or foe?
Lillian AN
Shattered Glass
Nenrei
Sibling Salute!
The Thorn in my side
The Avatar
The Harbor
Island of Kyoshi
Blast from the Past.
Choices
The Necklace
Winter Solstice Part 1
The Winter Solstice Part 2
The Scroll
Crystal Nightmare Part 1
Crystal Nightmare Part 2
The Storm
The Blue Spirit
Why Me?
Lillian Alone
Confessions
The Siege of the North
Book 2
The Path of three flames
Royal Pain
Iroh & Lilly's Journey
The Chase
Bitter Work
The Desert
New Beginning
The Freedom Fighter's
Walls, Walls and Tea!
The tales of Lillian in Ba sing Sai
Authors Note
Lake Laogai Part 1
Lake Laogai Part 2
Healing
The Earth King
The Jasmine Dragon
Author Note
The Crossroads of Destiny
Book 3 - Operation "Extinguish Fire"
The Awakening
Arty stuff
The Headband
Trapped
Memories
The Beach Part 1
The Beach - Part 2
I Got Tagged
Lillian's healing.
Rise again
Nightmares & Daydreams
Day of Black sun: Part 1: The Invasion Part 1
Day of black sun: Part 1 The Invasion Part 2
The day of black sun Part 2: The eclipse.
A Crazy Escape
The Western Air Temple
The Firebending Master's Part 1
The Firebending Master's Part 2
The Boiling Rock: Part 1
The Boiling Rock: Part 2
Manly Arts... (Special chapter)
The Southern Raiders
Why didn't We Listen?
The Sky Temple Part 1: You're Dead!
The Sky Temple: Part 2 What you didn't know
Hidden in Plain Sight
The Ember Island Players
Sozin's comet Part 1
Sozins comet Part 2
Sozin's comet Part 3
The Prophecy (Teaser for Part 4)
Sozin's Comet Part 4
Dying in Agony
Rebirth
A Time for Peace
Priority
Finale
The Sequel is OUT

Packing up!

5.2K 185 42
By Darkninja7

Once Lillian arrived home, she went straight to her room. She didn't say anything or speak to anyone. Ping was worried about her, he even made her some of his famous fire flakes, but that didn't lift her spirits. Iroh watched as Ping tried to get through to his grand daughter but failed each time, he felt sorrow for both of them. Zuko's ship would be leaving at dawn and if Lillian wasn't ready then she'd be left behind.

Zuko sat outside in the courtyard meditating, with his eyes closed he replayed the memory of the fiery tornado that flew around Lillian and the villagers. She risked her life for them, she was quick and agile, thinking on her toes and taking action. Zuko smiled... She would make an excellent General for his crew. Something nudged Zuko against his back, when he turned around he saw Kasai looking at him with his ears down and a slight whimper escaping his mouth as he looked from Zuko to Lillian's bedroom window. "I guess you want me to try and talk to her?" Kasai's ears perked up, he licked Zuko's hand and went to lay down near the stables. Zuko stood up and dusted himself off. He decided to walk to Lillian's bedroom window to make sure that she was still in her room, as he got closer and closer he heard her voice... 'Was she singing?' Zuko couldn't believe how calm her voice made him feel, he lifted his head to the sun as he listened to her, suddenly she stopped.

"What are you doing?" Lillian asked.

"Listening to you, you sing beautifully." Zuko said as he placed his hand by his neck.

"Thanks... When do we leave?"

"At Dawn"

"oh... Ok, well I'm done packing, just need to get Kasai's things and then I'm ready"

"Kasai's things?" Zuko asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Yeah, he's coming too. Isn't he?" Lillian gave Zuko puppy dog eyes.

Lillian stared at Zuko, and he stared back but failing to be as intimidating as her. With his eyebrow twitching Zuko gave in "Ugh! Fine!"

Lillian jumped out of her window and bowed to Zuko " Thank you Prince Zuko". Lillian turned to make her way back to her room but Zuko took Lillian by the arm and started walking to the beach, "Zuko? Where are we going?" Lillian asked as she was being pulled along. Zuko didn't say a word until they were in the beach.
He let go of her arm and stood in a fighting stance facing her. Lillian raised her brow "What are you doing?" Zuko blasted a fire ball at her feet, Lillian jumped back and took her stance. Zuko smirked as fire started to form around his arms, "To be general of my crew and soon an army of the Fire Nation, I need to test your fighting and bending abilities."
Lillian smiled and charged at Zuko, she leapt into the air and blasted fire out of her feet, Zuko rolled on the floor to dodge Lillian's attack. Lillian landed in front of Zuko, Zuko flung his leg forward and tripped Lillian as she fell on her back Zuko leaped up and spun his legs around creating a ring of fire around him. Lillian kicked her self up and jumped over the ring of fire landing on top of Zuko. She flung him over and held his arm behind his back and pinned him to the ground. Lillian released his arm and stood up, Zuko turned on his back and looked at Lillian shocked, she was an amazing bender, and didn't even break a sweat, she reached out her hand to help him up. Zuko smiled and took her hand, as he got up he realized how much taller he was than her, he looked straight at her forehead. " Thank you..." Lillian whispered, Zuko smiled at her, she looked better and seemed more relaxed. " Anytime" Zuko made his way back to the house while Lillian took a walk to the cliff side.

Zuko can never know her secret, not until she can fully trust him again. Lillian stood at the edge of the cliff, her toes curled over the end of the rock, "One last time to feel the breeze, before I get on the ship..." Lillian said with a smile. Lillian turned so that her back was facing the ocean, she stretched out her arms and fell back. During Lillian's fall, white flames formed around her fists, she rotated her body so that the flames were all around her, then... She rolled her shoulders back and released her large white wings. She soared the skies through the clouds, flying as high as she could until she felt like nothing could touch her, then she dived down, bring her wings as close to her body as possible she felt her eyes burn from the wind. The ground was getting closer and just before she touched the ground she opened her wings and lifted up towards the Sky again.

Lillian hovered above the village of Kibo and watched everyone rebuild and gather everything together. Guilt filled Lillian's heart but she knew that her destiny is to leave with Zuko to Hunt Down the Avatar. When the time comes Lillian will take the Avatar's side and protect them from harm, but for now... She will help her friend to regain his honor and to return back home. But it's a pointless cause, the Avatar has not been seen in over 100 years... Maybe she could convince Zuko to stay on the island with her and Kasai. But, who was she kidding? Zuko never gives up on anything. Lillian watched the sun starting to set... She was leaving soon.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Does she have her Duo Blades? Her tooth brush, hair brush and Kasai's brush?" Ping rushed.

"Yes sir. Sir, if I may. You should really calm down, this is not good for your heart." Kan said in a concerned tone.

"What if she forgets something and needs it??? May I remind you that she is going to be on a ship with 39 men who wont be seeing a woman for a long time??"

"And may I remind you my dear friend that you have made her strong and independent? She will be fine, I will look after her as my own." Iroh said with his head tilted at Ping and smile spreading his face.

Ping stared at Iroh for a moment before he broke out into another set of panic. " What am I going to tell her father? He may be my son but that man has such a temper and is as stubborn as a rock!"

"At least we know what Lillian inherited from her father, She got her mother's beauty." Kan said as he rolled his eyes.

"With all the traveling that we will be doing, we will most likely run into General Thorn sooner or later." Iroh said as he stood from the table and walked to Ping.

"Iroh, I beg you, please look after her."

" I will, Lillian is strong, beautiful and sometimes terrifying..." Iroh shivered as he though about her odd explosions she would have.

"Before you leave... There is something you must know about Lillian. She doesn't trust easily- you can see that in the distance she creates between herself and everyone around her, but she has much love to offer, and you can see it in the kindness that's in the smiles she gives out to everyone around her. Life never went easy on her, and she didn't go easy on herself either. She is strong and you can see it in her eyes, you can sense it in her voice. But... she believes that her body can physically heal and rebuild itself. I think it's because she knew how to recover by herself after all that life threw at her. She knows no limits to her body until it's too late, So please, be there to tell her Enough before she destroys herself." A single tear slid down Ping's cheek.

Iroh placed his hand on his chin, he closed his eyes and nodded. " Is she aware that I know?" Ping shook his head, "She will tell you, if not, just be there to understand."

"I'm ready..." Lillian stood in the door way with a bag slung over her shoulder.

*Start playing song in media*

Ping looked up at his Gran daughter, he saw his 6 year old when she first arrived. Running around chasing the animals, so full of life, so full of spirit. His son was a fool, he has an amazing daughter to be proud of. Two men walked in and took the rest of Lillian's luggage. She walked up to Kan and bowed. He started to sniff, he opened his arms and waited for Lillian to walk into his arms. She raised her eyebrow but smiled. She jumped into Kan's arms and embraced him tightly, "Goodbye Uncle Kan..." Lillian said into his chest. Kan started to cry as he spoke, " Y-you keep yourself o-out of t-trouble young lady! And p-put those young men on t-their place!" Lillian looked up and gave Kan a cheesy smile, " Of Course!" Kan gave her one last hug before she turned and walked towards Zuko, Iroh and her Grand Pa. Ping looked away to the great door where Kasai waited for his owner. Lillian bowed before Ping as she lifted her head Ping placed both his hands on her shoulder's. Lillian looked up into his golden eyes as he stared at her, his eyes tearing up slightly.

"Look after yourself, and remember you are not indestructible." Ping whispered as he let go of her shoulders. Lillian nodded her head as she and the other's made their way to Kasai and the Rhinos. Ping walked to the gate and watched them leave. Lillian sat up straight with her blonde braid over her shoulder and her crimson eyes looking forward. Lillian knew her grandpa hated goodbyes and didn't want to disrespect him any way.

Lillian was a few feet from the gate when suddenly she heard "Yameru!" Kasai came to a dead stop, she touched her lips as she realized she was the one who said it. Zuko and Iroh bought their Rhino's to a stop. Zuko watched as Lillian looked back with a sad expression, "Go, before it's too late." Iroh said with a heart warming smile. Zuko looked at his Uncle confused and then looked back to see Lillian running back, Kasai standing there looking back and forth not knowing what to do. "Grand Pa Ping!!!!" Lillian yelled as she jumped onto her grand pa. Ping wrapped his arms tight around the girl as if he would never see her again. He felt his chest become wet with her tears. "Lillian... Don't cry child, don't shed unnecessary tears..." Ping whispered. Lillian looked up at the old man and smiled, "These tears are just for you, and only you. I will see you again, I promise!" Lillian let go and made her way back. She jumped back on Kasai and waved to her gran pa.

Lillian was finally going on an adventure. She looked at Zuko who had determination written all over on his face and Iroh, well... a smile?

"So... Where are we searching first?" Lillian asked as Kasai walked next to Zuko's Rhino.

"The Western air temple, it's the closest one" Zuko said without looking at her.

"An Air temple??? COOOOL!!!!" Lillian said as she fist pumped the air.

Iroh smiled at the sight, 'these two are going to have a long road ahead of them together, as long as they have each other, they can do anything!'

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yameru = stop

Hope you enjoyed the long chapter.

Remember to comment and vote, also, remember this is a FAN fiction.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

959 49 8
Water Earth Fire Air My grandmother used to tell me stories about the old days: a time of peace when the Avatar kept balance between the Water Tribes...
5.1K 189 29
"You love him, don't you? I see the way you look at him. It's like he's your whole world. I can't possibly blame you for falling in love with someone...
755K 19.2K 54
โ oh ๐“›๐“ธ๐“ฟ๐“ฎ.... You make such fools of us all โž .โœซ*๏พŸ๏ฝฅ๏พŸ๏ฝก.โ˜†.*๏ฝก๏ฝฅ๏พŸโœซ*. .โœซ*๏พŸ๏ฝฅ๏พŸ๏ฝก.โ˜†.*๏ฝก๏ฝฅ๏พŸโœซ*. .โœซ*๏พŸ๏ฝฅ๏พŸ๏ฝก.โ˜†.*๏ฝก๏ฝฅ๏พŸโœซ*. (Y/N) grew up as an aristocratic noble who...