REBEL HEART (GxG)

By tarlutz_tl

REBEL HEART Luxury never made me happy. It's just a distraction from this solitary world, only filling... More

PROLOGUE
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
40
41
42
43
44
45
Author's Note
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
EPILOGUE
A/N

39

8K 265 23
By tarlutz_tl

GAB

Just one more day and I'll get to see Lexi again. I'm really excited and I'm planning something to surprise her when I get back. But for now, I think I should focus on the presentation. I am seated between Uncle Sullivan and Mr. Cavallari in this huge conference hall listening to this poor office girl's presentation. From the look on her face and her trembling voice, I'm sure she's so freaking nervous. I mean who wouldn't? 20 pairs of eyes glued at you, some are quite convinced while others are scratching their chin like their so oblivious of what's going on. Some are, wait is Mr. Baldy man in navy blue coat sleeping? Oh no. If I were in her shoes, I guess I might have passed out, or prayed that the ground will break open and swallow me alive.

The people are starting to lose some interest in her presentation. Poor lady, for sure she spent sleepless nights, skipped dinner and missed dates for this. Hmm, can I barge in? Would Uncle Sully mind? I've been seating here for good 15 minutes, ten of which I spent imagining about Lexi. The other five was when I decided to focus on the presentation, so yeah I'm getting this her point and I think it just needs a bit primping, but it has potential.

I stood up which got everybody's attention and walk towards the poor girl. Uncle Sully shot me a look but I mouthed "I got this" which made him relax.

"What's your name again?"

"Molly"

"Molly. Okay. Ladies and gents, would you mind excusing Ms. Molly here for just a sec?"

The crowd responded like my interruption was a holy grail they've been waiting for. I grabbed her to the side and look straight into her eyes.

"Hey Molly. I'm Gab, Mr. Ervy's niece"

"Yes I know you and Hi but-.."

"Call me Gab, Molly. But anyway, I'm sorry to interrupt you and sorry that I might get brutally honest, but you're presentation sucks. Not that it doesn't have a potential because it does. It's brilliantly thought of."

"I'm so nervous with Mr. Ervy and Mr. Cavallari here"

"Exactly, having them in the same room rarely happens and you're lucky to be presenting in front of them. Now what I want you to do is breathe."

Molly's hands were shaking and she started breathing in and out, releasing the tension.

"Good that's it, breathe in and out. Now you feel better?"

She simply nodded like she was so clueless of what I was doing to her.

"Now listen to me. I really don't know the struggles you went through to come up with your presentation but the bags under your eyes says it. This is the final step Molly, after the grueling nights of brainstorming and all cancelled plans with the boyfriend, this is it. Now, I need you to turn the tables around. Make your voice loud, enough to drag their attention to you. Smile and maintain eye contact, let them know how bad you wanted this. Can you do that for me Molly?"

"Yes Gab and thank you but.. I- I don-.."

"You got this okay?"

Then I heard Uncle Ervy's voice from behind.

"Is everything okay Gabrielle?"

We moved to the center and I nodded to my Uncle.

"Yes everything's going well. Um I'd just like to ask everyone's attention. Ladies, gents, can we focus to Molly only and her presentation because it might be a loss for us if we don't. Thank you"

There were murmurs and eyebrows raised but in the end, everyone was straightening up their seats and were focused on Molly. I went back to my seat and winked at her. She just smiled shyly at me.

"Gab what was that about?" Uncle Sully asks

"Nothing, just last minute retouches"

Uncle Sully retreated on his chair. The presentation continued with Molly nailing it. Everyone was engaged at the topic and Molly would encourage questions and recommends solution for the possible problems. She moved with grace and confidence and by the looks of it, I think she'll get this. The lights were turned on and everyone is applauding her.

"That is a brilliant idea Ms.?" Mr. Cavallari asks.

"Craig, Molly Craig"

"I will discuss it with the board and we'll get back to you Ms. Craig, thank you"

Molly's face lit up like she just won a lottery. I looked to my left and Uncle Sully and Mr. Cavallari, together with three other men are discussing something. The presentation was over and people are starting to get out of the conference hall. I took my blazer and walk outside to get some fresh air and maybe text Lexi just to check on her.

"Ms. Ervy"

"Hey Molly. I told you to call me Gab"

Molly leaped up to me embracing me in a hug.

"Gab. Thank you!"

I stood there dumbfounded and wide eye, as I patted her back. Geez.

"I-It's okay, I'm just tryna help"

I step backwards pulling away from her hold as her hands fell on her side.

"Well can I buy you lunch or something, just my way of saying thank you"

"Um, no. it's okay, that wouldn't be necessary. I just really want to help"

"Sure? Then okay, thanks again"

Then she kissed me on my cheek and I was caught off guard that I swear I looked like an idiot. She smiled sweetly at me and walked towards an office.

"What just happened?"

I shook my head in disbelief.

"Well well well"

I turned around to see Kat approaching.

"Lexi wouldn't like that"

"Kat"

"But don't worry, my mouth is zip"

She cocked her face on the side with her hands in her mouth.

"Ugh. You don't even know what happened"

I started moving outside while Kat trailed in from behind.

"Well I don't need to know to figure out that... that girl likes you"

I turned and face her.

"Kat, I just helped her with the presentation, she asked me if she could buy me lunch to say thanks but I declined. The next thing I know, her lips were on my cheek"

"Okay. Chill Gabrielle. I was just messing with you"

"Why are you here anyway?"

Kat's eyes wandered to everywhere except to mine.

"Don't tell me you're here because of him?"

"God! No Gab"

"Then why?"

"Well, just like you, Dad wanted me to get serious with the business. So I have no choice but to go wherever he goes"

I rolled my eyes.

"It sucks I know"

"Okay. I think we're classmates then. I'm just itching to go back home you know"

"Because of your girlfriend right?"

"Exactly. And speaking of which, excuse me but I have to make some calls"

Kat rolled her eyes at me shaking her head afterwards.

"Wow Gab I didn't know your clingy"

"I'm not" I snapped and shot her a look.

I slid inside the elevator and pushed the button to the pent house. Mr. Cavallari granted us access to this skyscraper which is by the way so cool of him. I stepped outside feeling the chilly air biting my skin. I was a thousand feet above the ground and I love it because no one is here to interrupt me. I snatched my phone out of my pocket and started typing a message.

"I just wanna c_ddle, but I can't 'cause I'm missing u"

I know I know it's way to cheesy but sorry I can't help it.

I sent the message to Lexi and it just took her a second to reply back.

"On a scale of 1 to 10: You're a 9 and I'm the 1 you need"

Haha her message made me smile from ear to ear. My stomach churned and I felt my cheeks fluster.

"I didn't know you're good at this Lexi"

"Well, try me"

I didn't waste any more time and dialed her number. She picked up on the second ring. Well that was fast.

"Hi Gab"

The excitement in her voice is so obvious which made me feel giddy too.

"Hey there beautiful. I would love to try you by the way"

"Hahaha shut up Gabby! You're silly!"

"Why? You just told me to try you"

"Yeah but I didn't meant it that way"

"But I want to "try" you in all ways possible"

"Hmmm"

"Lexi?"

"Well then I guess you have get back here for you to ahem TRY me"

I felt my blood rushing through my veins hearing Lexi say it in a very sexy tone. Is she teasing me, because right now I'm so turned on. God Lexi!

"Hey hey I'm counting on that and I'm serious. I should have recorded your voice as a proof"

Lexi burst into laughter at my remark.

"You're funny Gab haha. But, can we talk later? I'm in the middle of a meeting right now"

"Opps. Sorry I didn't know. You shouldn't have taken my call.."

"Shh nonsense. I took your call because I wanted to, and it's you, any meeting can wait"

"Yay! I like that"

"Catch ya later Gab"

I hung up and sent a quick text to her.

"Hey Lexi, are you a tower?"

"I thought were done with this?"

"Just Answer. Are you a tower?"

"Okay. Why?"

"Because Eiffel for you. Love you"

"GAAABBBB!!"

I went back to the office with a huge grin plastered on my face. And just like that, Lexi made me the happiest human being on earth. I sure hope I made her day as well.

++++++

Kat was inside the office with his dad and Uncle Sullivan. They were in deep conversation about something while Kat just sat there looking bored and pissed. I stepped inside but the two men didn't even notice. Kat stood up and grab my hand as we exited towards the door.

"What took you so long Gab?"

"What?"

"I swear this place is killing me"

"Guess we should prepare for your funeral then because sooner and sooner this place that is "killing" you will be your home haha"

Kat shoved me and I flinched a bit.

"What?"

"Not funny Gab. And look who's talking. FYI, when you fly back to Chicago, you'll be doing the same exact thing that I am doing and probably more."

Kat's features changed into something serious as she walked towards the glass window.

"We are lucky to be the heiress of our father's wealth and in your case, your uncle's. But alongside the wealth, luxury, the fame and everything we have, we'll soon be facing responsibilities. We'll be put in a situation we never imagined, we'll attend gatherings we never wanted to be in the first place, we'll smile and laugh with people we barely know. And we have no choice but to embrace it all"

I stood beside Kat resting my hands on her shoulders as she looked up to me. I clearly understand everything Kat is talking about because I'm starting to feel it too. Kat smiled weakly and spoke.

"And that scares me Gab, because I don't think I'll ever be ready for it. Sure I enjoy the fame and everything my dad gives me. But I'm too afraid that it might also take away my freedom, that it might take me away from my world, from the things I love to do. It will take my privacy, my time, my attention and everything Gab"

I pulled her closer and wrapped her in a hug, patting her back.

"I know Kat, trust me I know"

Kat Cavallari never gets serious with me and this is one of the rarest times she's serious like she's almost crying. I just stood there somehow trying to calm her down without saying anything other than what I said, because everything Kat said is true, and even I myself doesn't know how to deal with it. We pulled away when we heard Uncle Sullivan's voice calling us.

"Girls, let's go"

Kat moved towards her dad and started moving to the elevator. Uncle Ervy decided to take the next ride which got me puzzled because the elevator is big enough for the 4 of us. When it was our turn, Uncle Ervy gestured for me to step inside first then he followed after. We were awkwardly silent and I think it will continue to be because I have nothing to say to him. I'm still pissed at him for asking me to steer clear from Lexi. I just couldn't do that, no. Then he spoke without looking at me.

"Gab, I'm glad about what you did back there"

"Me?"

I looked at him with a blank stare.

"Yes, with that girl, Ms. Craig"

"Oh yeah Molly"

"I don't really know what you told her but I can say that whatever it is, you did a good job, because she got the project"

"Really? Wow that's great!"

"That's so nice of you Gab"

"Nah, I just really want to help her"

Uncle Sully turned to face me and spoke.

"Helpful that's a very wonderful trait of a leader. You're getting there Gab"

I looked at him and swallowed hard. No shit.

++++++++++++

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Morgan By S

Romance

18.4K 1.6K 40
Morgan *completed* A filler between (book 4-5) of the Alberta series. Morgan Keaton...unlucky in love, that is an absolute understatement. I'm curse...
23K 2.6K 42
The year is 2050, and humanity is moving beyond earth. While the Mars colony is all the rage, having been founded almost ten years ago, things are go...
2.5K 117 7
We meet people everyday, strangers with lives and depth within their eyes. One glance can tell a million different stories. One look can say so many...
329K 10.7K 19
It's the classic love story... The rebel. The sweetheart. But what happens if there isn't exactly a "bad boy"?