The Big Bad Wolf

By DancingDiva21

Aimee Donald is a bad girl. She doesn't listen to her teachers or anyone in that matter. All she wants is for... More

Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Epilogue
Important Author's Note! *UPDATED*

Chapter Twenty-Four

118K 1.1K 82
By DancingDiva21

All the bags were packed for our trip to the beach. Instead of driving the whole way there, Keegan booked us two seats in the first class level on a plane. I would have rather taken the car instead. I’ve always had a huge fear of flying. Anything could go wrong, something important would fail, and we would all plummet to our death. Keegan on the other hand told me not to worry. If something bad did happen, every wolf on the plane would survive. What a great way to make your mate feel better.

We arrived at the airport just as a plane took off. A gut wrenching horror filled my stomach and Keegan grabbed my freehand with his freehand, giving it a reassuring squeeze. We made our way inside the huge building. There were tons of people walking in and out and around. Keegan held my hand as we found our plane and he gave a woman in a suit our tickets.

My stomach got butterflies as we boarded our plane and found our seats. It was by the window and had two blue cushioned seats. Keegan stuffed our luggage overhead and sat in the seat by the window. I sat down hesitantly, fully aware of the unconcerned passengers doing who knows what. I griped my hands around the arm rest as if holding on to it would release the nerves that bubbled inside of me.

Keegan placed his large hand over my smaller one. I looked at him and he smile reassuringly. “Everything is going to be okay. I promise.” I nodded and took a deep breath.

“Welcome aboard everyone! I hope you enjoy the ride. We will be lifting off in a just a moment so everyone buckle up until we are safely in the air. Thank you.” The nervous ran through me again when the pilot’s voice disappeared. I’m not sure how I’m going to handle being in the air for six to eight hours.

“Why couldn’t we just visit the beach back in our state?” I groan. I turned to Keegan batting my eyelashes. He grinned a little and bent down to kiss my forehead.

“Because that beach is deserted and never sunny.” He was totally right. No one went to Sunny Beach. The name was ironic, actually, since it was hardly sunny there. A sign at the front of the plane dinged, telling us to have our seatbelts buckled. My heart began racing as I buckled myself up and leaned forward in the seat. One of the flight attendants walked by and noticed my very tenseness and I was probably sweaty and clammy.

She smiled at me and looked at Keegan. She straightened up a little and fixed her hair and grinned wide. “Is this her first time on a plane?” The woman asked. Keegan looked at me and smiled.

“Yeah, she’s just a little nervous. Can you get her water, please?” The flight attendant nodded, never losing her smile. Though, I did feel jealously radiating off her body. It reeked and made my nose scrunch up in disgust. As she walked away, I looked at Keegan. He was still looking at me; adoration in his eyes. He kissed my nose and grabbed my hand.

I felt the plane start rolling and after a minute or so, it began to roll faster. I took deep even breaths and suddenly the nerves went away. I looked at Keegan in confusion. They couldn’t have gone away that fast.

“Are you doing that?” I whispered. Keegan smiled and said nothing, which only confirmed my suspicion. I slightly angered, but the most part of me was internally grateful. I could tell we were off the ground almost instantly and I felt dizzy. Even though Keegan was calming me down, it didn’t stop me from feeling dizzy. The higher the plane climbed, the more my ears would pop from the pressure.

When we could finally unbuckle, I let out a relieved sigh. Being buckled just made everything worse. Keegan pushed down the arm rest that separated us and pulled me closer to him. His large arms wrapped around my body and my heart began to sing. The flight attendant came over with a water bottle and smiled as if she was a Barbie doll. It was highly creepy. I thanked her and she walked away slowly, making sure to shake her butt more than necessary. I grumbled and Keegan laughed silently beside me.

An hour into the flight, I felt like something was wrong. The clouds outside began to darken and I was a bottle of nerves. I looked at Keegan nervously and he rolled down a small curtain to cover the window.

“Attention all passengers, we seem to have run into some turbulence.” The pilot announced. “Please stay in your seats.” The buckle up sign lit up and buckled myself in. Keegan grabbed my hand again.

“You need to calm down, Fay. I can smell your fear. Everything is going to be okay.” I nod. I didn’t meet his gaze, but I could feel it radiating into my skin. The plane rumbled and shook. Uneasiness came over me and I squeezed Keegan’s hand hard using my werewolf strength. My heart raced unbearable as I held on tightly to Keegan’s hand. Then everything stopped and the plane became steady the rest of the way to our destination.

After our arrival and getting a rental car, Keegan drove us to where we were staying. He drove and drove and I watched less and less cars drive by. It was like this part of town was deserted. I observed the bright beach through the passenger seat. The sun glared down and made everything seem so warm. I imagined walking barefoot through the warm, hot sand and sticking my feet in the cool ocean water.

Keegan slowed the car down and turned into a driveway. It was a small two story beach-house. It was really cute. I stepped out of the car and the smell of salt water wafted inside my nose and the heat warmed my skin. I closed my eyes and let the sun soak into my face, breathing in the many different smells around me.

“Fay, are you coming?” Keegan called. I opened my eyes and Keegan was already at the door. The half glass, half wood door was slightly ajar and Keegan stood with our luggage. His face covered by the shadows of the building and his eyes were blocked with the sunglasses he brought with him.

I walked up to him, and he smiled down at me, kissing me lightly on the lips and walking through the rest of the house. The whole house was lit up by the windows, which were almost everywhere on the backside of the house. The living room and kitchen was connected and very vast; roomy. There was a hallway leading to a bathroom and a bedroom.

There were silky see-through curtains hanging across the windows and a dark ruff looking one a little away from it. Through the windows, you could see a clear perfect view of the ocean. The sun was midpoint in the sky and I wanted to run through the water. I looked around and saw one of my bags lying by the door. I grabbed it and pulled it to the bathroom in the hallway.

It was a cute little blue bathroom with a bathtub/shower, toilet, and sink. I opened my back and instantly finding the bathing suit I packed for the trip. It was a green and blue bikini. I quickly slipped it on and rummaged through my bag some more. I found a pair of denim shorts and a half see-through white shirt. It only covers to the bottom of the part of my bikini and ties in the front. I grabbed a pair of sunshades and slipped them on. Before I left the bathroom, I slid my hand down my legs to make sure I remembered to shave yesterday.

I ran out of the bathroom, my auburn hair flying behind me as I raced to the back door. I was itching to feel the sand squish between my toes, and taste the salt water. Though, tasting salt water sounded really nasty. I slid the door open after a couple of minutes of trying to figure out if it was push or pull. I was wrong.

Once I got it open, I dashed outside and the warm sand felt great under my feet as I ran towards the ocean. Half way there, I heard a set of footsteps running after me. I didn't even have to turn around to know who it was. The second my feet hit the salty warm water, Keegan’s large arms snaked around my stomach. He began to spin us around further into the ocean, and I screamed and laughed until he fell backward, still holding on to me.

I stood up and turned around. My body was soaked and I squinted my eyes at Keegan who was now soaked from head to toe, still in his clothes he wore here. He stood up and towered over me. Leaning down slowly, he kissed me. It was slow and agonizing. My body wanted more. I grabbed the collar of his shirt and pressed my lips harder to his. He responded quickly and slivered his arms around my body, holding me closer to him. He slipped his hands down my shorts to my thighs. He pulled them up and I wrapped my legs around his waist.

I didn’t know Keegan was walking until he sat down in the sand, not breaking our intense kissing. My legs wrapped around him and hands in his hair, I felt the need to get closer, but I could hardly breathe. Keegan was the one to breakaway first. He rested his forehead against mine and we stayed like that for a long time.

Twenty minutes later, I was still breathing heavily. Just by Keegan’s touch sent me into a spell of breathlessness. My hearts still fluttering, and my skin and lips tingling wildly. He leaned away from me and looked into my eyes.

“What do you want to do for the rest of the day?” Keegan asked. I thought about it for a second and shrugged.

“I’m kind of hungry.” I said. He nodded and stood up and slipped down from his waste. He grabbed my hand and we began walking back to the house.

The sun was beginning to set leaving a perfect view while I ate chicken and mashed potatoes. There were swirls of oranges, yellows, and purples and blues. It was beautiful the way the sun looked as if it were sinking into the ocean water.

“So, what’s going to happen, after this whole war is over?” I asked, breaking the silence. I watched the setting sun glow. I knew Keegan was staring at me, but I didn’t feel like looking at him at the moment. Talking about the ongoing war just made me upset and I just wanted to run away.

“If we win, hopefully, everything is going to go back to normal. Vivienne will be forced to go back to her father’s pack. You and I will get to be together. Nothing or anyone will be able to get in the way. We could finish school, make something of our lives; start a family.” He whispered the last few words and my heart started pounding. I let out a shaky breath and turned to Keegan.

His eyes held sadness in them and I felt the need to comfort him. –But how am I supposed to comfort someone when I need to be comforted myself. I wanted, no, needed to be held right now. Even though the war was just in a couple of weeks, I felt like any minute that passes, the less time I will be with Keegan. He promised me he would come back, and I believe in him. It’s just that, he told me the wars could last for months. It could be months that I won’t see him.

Months without him by my side when I go to bed at night; I won’t wake up to see his beautiful smiling face. I won’t be about to touch him, or feel the taste of his lips on mine for months. With all these thoughts swirling through my head, I begin feeling sick. If it wasn’t for that monster Vivienne I could be happy with Keegan. He would be mine, but sadly I had to ask what would happen if we lost the war.

Keegan’s face scrunched up in pain. “If we lost this war, my pack will either be forced to be here with Vivienne’s father’s pack or leave and find another pack. If I survive, Vivienne has to kill you and I have to rule over their pack. It could get messy. Vivienne’s father craves power. Though he would give it to Vivienne and me if it meant having wars with surrounding states and us becoming the most powerful.” My heart ached hearing this new information. Why he didn’t tell me this at first? I didn’t know.

“You said you were outnumbered.” I said and Keegan nodded confirming me. Thoughts raced through my mind.

“Why can’t I just help fight?” Keegan’s eyes widened slightly and went back to normal just as fast.

“Are you crazy?” I shook my head and Keegan continued. “I’m not letting you out on the battlefield, Fay. I want to look forward to coming home to you. If something happened to you, I might as well just kill myself. I might as well do that anyway if we lose the war.” My chest was getting to hard to bare as it felt like someone was squeezing it.

“Why would you kill yourself over me?” I asked. Tears pricked my eyes and threatened to fall. Keegan came over to me. He bent down to where he was eye level. His eyes still holding sadness.

“If surviving meant not being able to be with you, to hold your hand,” He grabbed one of my hands. “Touch you.” His other hand came up and ran it down my bare arms and the exposure of my legs, leaving a trail of tingles.  He placed his mouth close to my ear and whispered, “To whisper in your ear.” He leaned away and stared back into my eyes. “To kiss your lips.” He leaned in a kissed me softly.

My whole body was aching now. He leaned away from me and smiled sadly, “Then, what is the point in me living?” He whispered. I felt tears slipping down my cheeks and dropping down to my exposed legs, not being able to handle them anymore.

I sniffed and wiped the tears away from my heated cheeks as he mumbled, “I never knew loving you would be possible, but now… I can’t see us ever being apart.” 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh so sweet. :) Sorry for the long awaited update. Though, the next update won't be too much longer since it's almost already done:) This chapter was edited by my editor, though if you see something that needs corrected, please lemme know:) 

Thanks to everyone for reading and sticking with the story, it means A LOT!:) 

I love everyone and Merry almost Christmas!!:)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

27.9K 627 29
Leann Smith is in foster care and has been there basically her entire life. She tried her hardest to make it work with each and every family that she...
310K 10.6K 38
'I had guilt that ate me out from the inside and made me want to throw up. Guilt that started as a young child and continued to fester until I was do...
2.6K 101 14
Don't let the bad boys tell you what to do! Anna Walter-Simmons, a student at a vocational college, and Rafe Luis Brown, a soldier who just made it b...
1.8K 85 38
Just another human girl living in a world surrounded by werewolves. These mythical creatures are all around her and yet they're all out of her reach...