REBEL HEART (GxG)

By tarlutz_tl

REBEL HEART Luxury never made me happy. It's just a distraction from this solitary world, only filling... More

PROLOGUE
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
Author's Note
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
EPILOGUE
A/N

30

9.7K 340 22
By tarlutz_tl

LEXI

"Gab"

I called her out but it seemed that Gab didn't even want to listen. Gab is too stubborn especially when she's mad. I was about to go check on her if she was ready when Elizabeth phoned me. When I looked outside, Rob was already waiting behind the golf cart. Elizabeth found some discrepancies on the proposal to be submitted to Mr. Ervy and we have to fix it before the program starts.

When I got here, I went directly to the IT room where Elizabeth was and we were so caught up with the last minute retouches that I completely forgot about Gab. Then when I had the time and remembered her, Rob pulled me in a corner pleading for me to help him. You see the nosy reporter is from a local news company here in Riverdale Hills and she is the best friend of Rob's ex-girlfriend who dumped him. The poor guy just wants to be seen with me so that this nosy reporter would think that Rob has completely gotten over her best friend. And yeah, I pretended to be someone Rob was dating. I remember the look on the girl's face like she was confused that she even asked about Gab. Honestly I didn't exactly know what I was doing, like I was just dragged on to it and that was when Gab walked in.

I felt so uncomfortable under Gab's gaze because I knew she was mad at me. Her eyes instantly travelled down my waist where Rob was holding me and I know it made her angry. If she'd just listen to me so that I can explain myself, but yeah she just walked out on me and I can't blame her, we were supposed to arrive together and seeing me with Rob made things worst. I should have just refused Rob in the first place, but it was too late, the next thing I knew, I was face to face with the nosy woman again.

I was startled to hear Mr. Ervy calling Gab from the stage, asking her to come over. The spot light is now turned to her and she looks completely oblivious. She shook her head and somehow forced a smile. She walked past me without even looking and jogged her way up to the stage.

I hate it when Gab ignores me, like my heart throbs and I just don't know what to do. Mr. Ervy stood at the podium, saying a short speech after taking the award. His free hand was on Gab's shoulders the entire time while Gab stood there looking all too pissed. I knew it because I knew her, even though she looked so calm and collected.

"I would like to thank Elizabeth and the entire staff that embodies Riverdale Camp, thank you for this award. I am truly honored for this because I wasn't expecting it, you know me Liz haha. I am the type of person that never expects anything in return because that's the way it should be. I am just giving back because I've been so blessed in my lifetime. Anyhow I'd like to give my warmest thanks for having me as a partner all through the years in changing other people's lives"

The crowd applauded Mr. Ervy and when the cheering went still, he raised the mic and spoke again.

"Thank you, thank you. But you see, I am not getting any younger, in fact I'm feeling a little dizzy right now"

Gab suddenly turned to her uncle and it seemed like she was asking if Mr. Ervy was okay, it almost looked like Gab was in panic.

"Just joking haha"

Gab rolled her eyes scratching the back of her head.

"As what I've said, I'm old and few more years from now or maybe months, well God forbid. I'd be too weak to attend gatherings like this. And with that, I'd like to take this opportunity to introduce to you my one and only, my bubble gum, my ray of sunshine, the new face and heiress of Ervy Empire, Gabrielle Ervy"

Everyone burst into cheers as Mr. Ervy presented Gab among 500 guests that consisted of businessmen, politicians and prominent people of the society. Gab's face was a trace of shock and confusion her eyes went wide, looking completely dumbfounded.

Then Mr. Ervy handed the microphone to Gab and it looks like he was telling her to give a short speech or message. Gab's face fell and it looked like all the blood on her face was drained.

"U-Um hi?"

The crowd greeted her back all at once and somehow it made her smile.

"God, I..I-I can't even. .Is this for real?"

Mr. Ervy let out a good laugh looking at his niece.

"I'm sorry but I am still trying to wrap my head around it. I can't say no, can I?"

Everyone seemed to love Gab's wit as they laugh along Gab's remarks.

"Well, what can I say, it's like Uncle Sully dropped a bomb and I am feeling the aftermath. But yeah short message wooh yeah. Um.what's that again?"

Gab looked so cute up at the stage completely oblivious of the things going on around her. I knew that this day would come. Everything Mr. Ervy worked hard for, all his life was meant for Gab.

"Um I am so honored and pleased to be the new face of Ervy Empire but yeah no shit! Oops sorry for my language!! Okay! So yeah. Ever since I was a kid I've always looked up to my Uncle for being the kind and generous man that he is. Every summer I'd visit him in Chicago and he'd always take me to charity functions or fund raising events and on the car ride home, after the event is over he'd always tell me the value of giving and how lucky we were that we're privileged to help others. And today, I am proud to say that those talks were instilled in me and I've lived by it up to now. Umm.. I just hope and of course with the big big help of Almighty, I might continue his legacy. Thank you and goodnight"

The crowd went wild cheering and applauding Gab while Mr. Ervy wrapped his arms around her. It looked like he was saying something on her ear with Gab nodding back. They waved to the crowd with Mr. Ervy blowing kisses in between. Then they retreated back to our table and thankfully Gab looked at me this time. I can tell that she's still pissed at me but I guess she was so caught up with the moment that her temper subsided somehow. I smiled at her but she just gave me a blank stare, maybe I was wrong, she's still mad at me.

"Gab, I am so proud of you"

"I practically said nothing up there, Uncle Sully"

"Nah! The people loved you my child and I see that as a very good sign"

Gab just shrugged and went to reach for her glass of wine. She stared at me through the rim of her glass and something in her stare made my insides flip. God I'll never get used to it. It still drives me crazy.

"Gab that was very sweet of you" Jenkins spoke to Gab.

"Thanks Jenkins"

"Anyway Gabby, I need to leave"

"What? But I thought you'd stay and we'd tour the entire Riverdale, you promised me that Uncle Sully"

I sat here listening to Gab like a kid pleading for her Daddy to stay and play with her, but yeah Daddy needs to work.

"Oh dear I wish I can stay but I have to fly to Boston early in the morning. I'm sorry hun"

Gab made a face and stood up to hug her uncle.

"I'll walk you out"

"Nah, stay here with Lexi. And by the way Lexi, you did a wonderful job, thank you hun!"

"Thank you and your welcome Mr. Ervy"

Mr. Ervy and his men together with Jenkins left the hall right after saying goodbye to us, leaving Gab and I alone at the table. I sat next to her taking the empty seat behind. Her eyes were fixed on the stage where an AVP is being played and I bet she has no plans to talk to me. I laced my hand to hers which made her turn to me instantly.

"Gab, I'm sorry, please talk to me"

She just looked at me without saying anything and turned her attention back to the screen. I held her hand tighter this time and I scooted closer to her.

"Gabby, please?"

She bolted up from her chair still holding my hand as she scanned the hall for the nearest exit. When she found the exit sign, she started to move towards it, almost dragging me along. She was walking way too fast until we reached the exit and were finally out of the hall. But Gab isn't slowing down as she continued to walk until we reached a huge tree with tiny amber colored light bulbs hanging along its branches. She let go of my hand and she pinned me against the tree using her body, then she cupped my face and pressed her lips roughly against mine.

Weird but I find it too sexy, like she was so mad but at the same time she couldn't fight the urge to kiss me. Our kiss deepened as I run my hands through Gab's hair and her hands travelled down my body and cupped my bum. I was surprised but I just couldn't stop kissing her and what can I say, I was so turned on that I'll probably let her do anything she wants. Then Gab pulled away leaving my lips lightly swollen from too much kissing.

"That was your punishment for choosing Rob over me"

"Well I'd take another punishment if that's the case"

I smiled at her wiggling my eyebrows.

"And Gab, I did not choose Rob over you. I wouldn't choose anyone over you, okay? I'll always choose you Gabby"

Her face softened as she caressed my face and pulled me in for a short kiss. Then she wrapped me in her arms and I felt so secured like I am in the safest place on Earth.

"Sorry " she whispered.

"I'm sorry too and please don't get mad at me"

"How can I even get mad at you after that kiss?"

I kissed her cheek and we went back inside.

+++

The party was rocking loud with a live band performing on stage. Everyone is dancing on the dance floor swaying with the music. Gab and I went back to our seats as the server refilled our wine glasses. She was holding my hand and staring at me at the same time. Only God knows what could be in Gab's mind right now because she was smiling like an idiot. But honestly I liked it. I want to be the only person Gab would stare at and smile like crazy at the same time.

Our moment was interrupted when Rob approached our table making Gab bolt out from her chair. She gave Rob a death stare, like she's going to attack him but Rob stepped back raising his hands midair. I stood beside Gab holding her arm, somehow making her calm down.

"Gab, I'm not here to make a scene"

Gab's face softened and she stepped back with her gaze still locked on Rob's

"I just want to apologize for dragging Lexi and pulling out a stunt earlier. Lexi I'm so sorry, I didn't knew what got into me. I-I just.. I'm really sorry"

I forced a smile implying that it was okay but when I looked at Gab, she still had this hard look on her face. I turned to Rob and told him that its fine and he can go already.

"Gab, it's okay, the guy just wants to apologize"

Gab just rolled her eyes and slumped in her chair. I drag my chair and sat in front of her. Gab sure has her temper.

"I thought you're not mad at me anymore?"

She did not answer me but instead grabbed her glass of wine and downed the clear liquid in one swig.

"Gab"

"Let's just get the hell out of here" Gab hissed.

"But I want to dance. I want you to dance with me"

Her face lit up hearing what I said. Is dancing that foreign to her?

"Well the last time I we-.."

I did not let her finish as I stood up grabbing her hands and made our way towards the dance floor. This girl needs to cool down. She's fretting over something unimportant.

"Lexi, hey what are you doing?"

"Gab you need to relax and loosen up"

I needed to yell in her ear just to be heard, because the music was blaring all over the hall and it was too loud. The dance floor was pumping with everyone dancing and having a good time. I threw my hands up swaying my hips sideways as I start to drown myself in the music. I am feeling so pumped up and hyped at the moment.

Then I looked at Gab, she's just standing there looking at me with her emerald green eyes. She moved closer to me as our bodies collide with each other. We swayed slowly to the music until Gab is dancing along with me. Well what can I say, the girl has moves. Drinks were passed and both Gab and I quickly downed each shot. It is always fun dancing with Gab, may it be in the rain or in a room packed with people.

Then the upbeat music faded and "Love Song" by 311 started to fill the entire hall. Gab held out her hand giving me that playful smile. I took it willfully.

Whenever I'm alone with you, you make me feel like I am home again..

Whenever I'm alone with you, you make me feel that I am whole again..

Whenever I'm alone with you, you make me feel that I am young again..

Whenever I'm alone with you, you make me feel that I am fun again..

Gab pulled me slowly towards her keeping a close distance in between. I laced my hands around her neck and she placed both hands around my waist. She had this grin on her face and it never failed to make my insides flip. I smiled at her biting my bottom lip after.

"You just don't know how you make my knees weak whenever you do that Lexi"

I smiled at her cocking my head on the side.

"I guess it's just fair"

"Why?"

"Because you have no idea how you make my insides flip every time you looked at me like that"

Gab shrugged with a smirk on her face.

The music continued to play as she pulled me closer, pressing our bodies together. We moved into a slow rhythm getting lost at the moment. It was a sweet and romantic dance, something I can replay in my head over and over again.

I felt my world spin as I lay my head on Gab's shoulders. She smelled so good than I find myself wanting to nibble her neck up to her ear. Her body pressed into mine made me feel hot as my grip around her got tighter. I am completely turned on right now like I want to pull this sexy devil into a corner and do everything I want. Yes the alcohol is starting to kick in and I'm starting to feel light headed.

Then Gab moved her mouth in my ear igniting a burning desire deep in the pit of my stomach. She spoke in a raspy voice, sending chills all throughout my body, as I felt her hot breath against my skin.

"You have no idea how much I want you right now"

A smile crept on my face upon realizing how bad Gab wanted me, the same way I wanted her. I just want to get into the trailer and curl beside her, then fall asleep in her arms. But standing here with our bodies pressed against each other and her arms wrapped around me felt so intoxicating that I wished I'd be in this place forever. I couldn't even find the strength to pull away.

We continued to sway in a slow rhythm as we drowned ourselves in the music.

However far away, I will always love you

However long I stay, I will always love you

Whatever words I say I will always love you

I will always love you

I felt hot breath in my ear as it radiated down my bare neck and I don't know if I was hallucinating and drunk or Gab really said it. She said something in a very low and husky voice.

And I think it was the famous 3 words. Then I felt my world spin.

+++++++

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2K 104 22
For the hopeless romantics like myself🤭(start might be a little slow but trust me it's worth it) Scared to feel, scared to love, scared to live. She...
409K 18.7K 65
"Was that flirting? It kind of felt like flirting. No. Couldn't be. She just thinks the senior girl is cool, like all of my sister's other friends. I...
1.1M 43.8K 35
I was only 7 when I met her, but we had an instant connection. We were inseperable. She was always happy and joyful around me, but me on the other ha...
942 26 35
Hi, I am Naina! I got a boyfriend and I never felt mesmerized until I met his sister. Naina's encounter with her boyfriend's sister triggers a wave o...