REBEL HEART (GxG)

By tarlutz_tl

REBEL HEART Luxury never made me happy. It's just a distraction from this solitary world, only filling... More

PROLOGUE
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
Author's Note
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
EPILOGUE
A/N

22

10.1K 355 74
By tarlutz_tl

LEXI

My morning was perfect until my brain decided to turn it all around and mess up. The rose lying on the table was the icing on the cake. Again, it freaked the shit out of me. I know it might mean nothing and I didn't even know if Gab was the one who got it. I just panicked when I saw it.

My brain keeps on telling me to avoid Gab but I just couldn't seem to control myself anymore. The moment I opened my eyes this morning, I already felt the urge to see Gab and be with her, and then I did. And we had fun in the short time, but yeah my brain always shows up to ruin my day. I knew I disappointed Gab again. Actually I've already lost count on the times I failed her and what makes it worst was that, she never takes it out on me.

I shrug off everything that happened this morning and proceeded to the dining hall where Elizabeth and her team are waiting for me. The restaurant has this magnificent view of the Camp grounds. You can see a glimpse of everything from there, except for the teepes and other cottages up the hill. There were vintage golf carts in different colors parked just outside the resto. The golf carts are used by guests with an accompanying tour guide to roam around Riverdale. I am just aching to get out of here and have a little fun.

Elizabeth and her team showed me a copy of the proposed facility to be funded by Mr. Ervy and we discussed everything through breakfast. Then my eyes averted outside the restaurant on the parking space. Two girls were walking towards the neon green golf cart and I'm sure I knew who the girl in blue shirt was, it's Gab. But the other girl, I knew I never saw her before and she's wearing Riverdale's uniform. I assumed she's an employee.

"Um Elizabeth, who is she?"

I pointed at the girl who's now getting a little too friendly at Gab, fixing her sunnies.

"Oh her name's Lizzy. Actually she just works part time here, whenever someone goes in for a vacation leave. She is one of the tour guides and she's also good with sports and recreation stuff. I'm sure Gab would love her"

I swallowed the lump in my throat at the mention of Gab's name.

"Excuse me?"

"Oh Lizzy is a great tour guide so for sure Gab would be happy having her"

I fought the urge to roll my eyes at Elizabeth. Gab barely knows this girl, how would you even know she'll like her? Gab and Lizzy climbed inside the golf cart and Lizzy started to roll along the grassy ground. My foot was itching to go outside and tag along but I'm stuck in here with Elizabeth. Our meeting has just begun so I'd still be here for a few hours. Elizabeth is discussing something in her laptop but I just couldn't focus my attention to her. I shook my head as I tried to push back the thought of Gab and the tour guide on the back of my mind.

After an hour of pure business, I felt really bored and my eyes began to wander outside. Then I saw them again. They stopped at the archery range and both of them climbed out of the golf cart. It looked like Lizzy was explaining something about Gab, basing on her movements and Gab seemed to be listening closely to her. Ugh! I rolled my eyes.

"Excuse me Lexi, didn't you like the presentation?"

Only then I realized that everyone had their eyes on me.

"Hmm? No. No. I'm sorry, I was thinking about something else"

"Um, you want us to continue or maybe we can have a 30 minute break before we proceed"

"Yes sure, that'll be great. I'll be outside"

Finally, Elizabeth thought of something brilliant. I bolted up in my seat then I stormed outside the restaurant. I moved closer to the range enough to have a good look at Gab and her tour guide.

Lizzy took a pair of bow and arrow from the box and handed it to Gab. She also got a pair for herself and she positioned to aim for the target. Gab studied her as she aimed for the target. Then she pulled the arrow and it went straight to the target, bull's eye. Gab was all smiles and she looked so amazed with Lizzy. And then it was Gab's turn as she positioned herself and pulled the arrow back, aiming for the target. Lizzy stood close to her, positioning Gab's arms and shoulders properly. Is it really necessary to be that touchy? I rolled my eyes again at the sight. Then Gab hit the target and it landed close to Lizzy's arrow. Gab threw her fist on the air and she looked so amused. Then Lizzy patted Gab's back like she was saying that Gab is good. Gab threw in a high five and Lizzy giggled.

I know I looked like a creep standing here and spying on them, but I wanted to see what they're doing. I snatched my phone from my pocket and dialed Gab's number. Honestly I don't really know what to tell her. I just want to cut her moment with that girl. Gab's phone was ringing and she took it out from her pocket. She looked at the screen and then putted it back to her pocket. Seriously Gabrielle, why are you not answering me? I dialed her number again and this time she picked it up. I have to control my rising anger.

"Lexi, what now?"

Gab sounded a bit annoyed.

"Gab. Uhm where are you? Are you busy?"

Gab walked on the far end of the range, leaving Lizzy behind. Good that's how you guys should be, APART.

"I'm at the archery range right now. Why?"

"Um, I was thinking if maybe we can go have lunch at around 11"

"Really now? Well, may I remind you that you left me this morning at breakfast?"

"Yeah I am sorry Gab. I actually forgot about the meeting, but lemme make it up to you"

"Sure sounds fun but nah. I think I'll bail. I'm with someone right now. She's a tour guide here and maybe we can go grab lunch together. So don't bother anymore. I gotta go bye"

And then she hung up and walked back to Lizzy who's now showing off her amateur skills. Like duh. Whatever! Gab bailed out on me. This is the first time! And is it because of that girl? My brain tried to calm me down saying that I shouldn't worry because that is the way it should be and I should just let Gab have some fun. But I chose to argue with my brain. If Gab is going to have fun, she should have fun with me and only me! God I sounded like a possessive girlfriend! This is not good. I went inside and to cool off and in a few minutes Elizabeth and her team is back at the table.

+++++++

The meeting lasted through lunch and I am already itching to get out of here. Finally Elizabeth dismissed her team and she politely dismissed me as well. I went back to my hut and decided to take a nap because I felt so exhausted and drained at the moment. I crash on my bed as I scanned my phone. It's only thirty minutes past 1 o clock and it's still too hot to go outside. My thoughts lingered on Gab and Lizzy. Where could they be right now? Gab skipped lunch with me to be with her tour guide. She hasn't texted or called either, so yeah maybe she was having so much fun that she forgot about me.

I sent her a text asking her where she is and after thirty grueling minutes she replied a picture of herself inside a teepee. It's like she just woke up with her messy hair kept on the side.

"Were you sleeping?"

"Yes. I'm here with Lizzy. This place is so cool and cozy"

"WERE YOU SLEEPING WITH HER?"

"Jesus Christ Lexi! I was sleeping alone, Lizzy just got back from another tour. Where are you? Aren't you finished yet?"

God I thought Gab and that Lizzy were sleeping together. I asked myself why I was freaking out with the thought of Gab going out with someone. I shouldn't be bothered because she's young and single, not to mention she's drop dead gorgeous. Am I jealous? I am starting to think I am. I was pissed at Gab because she chose to have lunch with Lizzy than with me. I typed in my reply and send in to her.

"We're done already. I'll be out this afternoon"

"Good. I can drop by and fetch you. We can stay here after! :) "

"Nah don't bother Gab, I'll be out with Rob"

Great now I have to deal with Rob. I just don't give Gab the idea that I was too pathetic being alone and am dying to be with her. No, that can't happen.

After sending my last text, Gab took a while to respond sending me a dry OK. I called in the receptionist to send Rob this afternoon then I tossed my phone on my bed then I dozed off.

++++

Rob was already outside when I woke up. He looks nervous sitting at the bench in the decking area. Rob is cute with her wavy brown locks and hazel eyes. He is polite and always has this huge smile on plastered on his face. I stepped outside locking my cottage from behind as Rob leaped from his seat.

"Good afternoon Ms. Lexi"

"Hi Rob"

Rob was all smiles the entire time we walked from my cottage to where the golf carts were parked. He helped me get inside the yellow one and then he climbed into the driver's seat.

"So, where'd you want to go then?"

"Um, take me to the Teepees Rob"

Rob nodded and soon we are rolling our way to the Teepees. I'm sure Gab is still there by now and of course with that Lizzy. Gab pulled over on what seemed like a parking slot and we stepped out of the golf cart.

"The Teepees are up above the hill so we need to hike a few meters to get there"

Great! All this hassle to see Gab with that woman, I mean is it worth it? We started walking along the trail up to where the Teepees are then Rob stopped and turned to me.

"Um, this is the first Teepee"

"What do you mean by the first, Rob?"

"Ms. Lexi there are 8 other Teepees aside from this. The other 8 are still up above"

WHAATTTTTT?? How am I supposed to know which Teepee Gab was in? I am already sweating and there is no way I am going up anymore.

"Oh I forgot, there is another one down there, just a few meters from here"

Rob started moving while I trailed in from behind. Then I heard two voices and I knew the one that was yelling was Gab. She was standing at the edge of a cliff screaming her lungs out and then she'd laugh after. Lizzy was sitting at the rock and was watching Gab.

"Hey"

"Oh hi Rob" Lizzy greeted.

"Lexi what are you doing in here?" Gab asks.

"Uh, I'm also having a tour with Rob, obviously"

"Right. I forgot. Anyway this is Lizzy my tour guide. Lizzy that's Lexi"

Lizzy extended her hand and I took it.

"Hi Ms. Lexi"

"Hi" I greeted her dryly.

Gab moved towards me and grabbed my arm.

"Lexi you should see this"

Gab and I were standing over a cliff and I swear my whole body was trembling. I had slight fear of heights plus Gab was standing so close beside me. My grip on Gab's hands went tighter but then she laced her other arm over my shoulder and gave me a reassuring smile.

"It's okay, I'm here"

I took a deep breath and somehow I began to relax. We were standing on a cliff overlooking the green forest and I looked at Gab, she was so amazed with the view then she looked at me and streaks of red started to form on her cheeks. Is Gab blushing? My heart was beating so fast being this close to Gab. The view was breathtaking and I felt so safe in Gab's arms. But then Lizzy cleared her throat interrupting our moment, like seriously?

"Gab, you want to see the vintage bikes?"

Gab's eyes went wide with excitement as she stepped back letting go of my hands. I don't know if it's just me because I saw Lizzy raised her eye brow at me. Is she doing this on purpose or am I just over thinking? But hmm let me guess this girl likes Gab. I'm sure of it

. Rob led the trail down and we followed behind. Lizzy was walking next to Rob and they were talking about something about the visitors. I was walking alongside Gab and she was talking about how cool this place is. Lizzy would take quick glances on us but she'd stare longer at Gab and I'm sure Gab didn't notice how this woman looked at her. It's like her eyes twinkle whenever she looks at Gab and I just want to pull them out from their socket. Harsh, yeah you can say that. I just don't like this woman.

We reached our golf carts but then Gab and Lizzy's was on the other parking field.

"Rob we'll meet you there"

Lizzy waved us off grabbing Gab's hand. Are they already that close? Why is she acting a little too friendly over Gab? And why is Gab letting her? I rolled my eyes climbing in the yellow golf cart. I think Rob noticed my bad mood so he spoke.

"Are you okay Ms. Lexi?"

"Yeah I'm fine, um. How old is Lizzy by the way?"

"Ah she's 22. Actually she just works part time, mostly during summer"

"I see because this is the first time I actually saw her here. Is she really that friendly?"

Rob shook his head giving me a confused look.

"I mean with Gab, it seemed like they are already so close with each other"

Rob laughed glancing at me then back at the road.

"What?"

"Nothing"

"Rob?"

"Okay. Lizzy's just like that if she likes the person"

Rob looked at me again keeping the grin on his face.

"..And I think she likes Gab"

+++++

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3K 311 17
Fanny, a young lesbian woman searches for her place in the world and it takes her somewhere she never thought she could ever belong. Despite being he...
49 1 8
Sometimes, all we need as humans is love...not a soulmate kind of love but a love that we get from our own people i.e parents, a friend or even just...
23K 2.6K 42
The year is 2050, and humanity is moving beyond earth. While the Mars colony is all the rage, having been founded almost ten years ago, things are go...
2.5K 117 7
We meet people everyday, strangers with lives and depth within their eyes. One glance can tell a million different stories. One look can say so many...