The Lost Princess ( The Compu...

By asatabardo

Joshua turn to get a closer view of, his stepmother? Can he even call her that she was younger than him! She... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter eight
Chapter nine
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Epilogue

Chapter 31

24.7K 1K 25
By asatabardo

That, following morning after Halley had had her bathe and ate breakfast, when she sat in front of her vanity table, Gently stroking her hair. Joshua appeared at the doorway and told her. " I'm going away for a few days." He said abruptly. " Lord Barkson is dead...I promised his family I'll take care of the burial also I have some business to take care of."

Halley opened her mouth to say something but closed it once again. What could she do? Begged him to stay? His mind it seems was already made up. She would just be wasting her time. How could he do this! Halley wondered, tears burning at the back of her eyes. He could have asked her to accompany him.

" I'm sorry to hear about your friend " She placed the brush on the table and turned towards him. " Where are you going? "

"London " he curtly replied, he wasn't even looking at her and Halley knew he was hiding something. " I'll be leaving this afternoon. "

Halley felt her heart sank to the bottom of the ocean. She was to stunned, to protest. To weak to even formulate words. Joshua was so eager to leave her all alone? " Very well." She swung back facing the mirror before her husband could see the tear that slide off her cheek.

Three days passed without a letter from Joshua. Halley had been spending a vast amount of time with Peter. She was know teaching him Spanish one of the three languages her father had forced her to learn. But even that couldn't take her mind off her husband. Many nights she had tossed and turned in her bed, wondering if Joshua was comforting another woman. How he was faring? The house felt so lonely...so suffocating.

" What does caballo means?" Peter asked, repeating the new word Halley had just taught him.

" It means horse " she smiled, grabbing another apple from the basket. They were both outside in the gardens having a little study picnic. It wasn't her fault she was constantly eating. Her baby had a huge appetite. To make it easier on the servants, she had picked up the task of walking with food every where she went.

" Perro" Halley quickly placed her index finger in front of him. She already knew what he was going to asked.

"Why don't I just show you" She wiggled her eyebrows, causing Peter to laugh. He was such a handsome boy. Halley often wonder if her baby was a girl or a boy. But, it didn't really matter. She wouldn't love her baby any less. No matter the gender. Standing on her knees she started to called Pumpkin, who was somewhere playing in the bushes. A few seconds later the fury animal jumped out from between a bunch of roses and ran straight into her arms.

" Perro means dog! got it!" He grinned. " ohoh....Miss Halley look at your clothes." He indicated the spot, which was everywhere.

Halley gasps at her dirt covered gown. " Pumpkin! Chevon is going to kill you!" The dog whined in protest at it sat staring at her. " oh Pumky" before Halley knew it Pumpkin began to lick her vigorously as if asking for forgiveness. " maybe I wouldn't let chevon kill you after all" she chuckled.

The dog bark causing Peter and Halley to giggle. " Miss Halley can I  give her a bath!" Before Halley could respond, Peter had already took Pumpkin in his arms.

Halley frowned. " you're not trying to skip Spanish classes. Are you?"

" Miss Halley it's boring " he screwed his face in disgust.

Halley sigh. "Fine" She wave him off, knowing she couldn't forced him to pay attention when he was in this mood. " Wait...does this mean you don't want to learn French either!" But the boy had already disappeared out of sight.

***
Joshua met his wife, sitting under the oak tree. Rocking gently in the brisk evening breeze. Her long tresses travelled behind her in a wave of decoration. How he wished he could run his fingers through them, this moment.

Guilt swept over him as he stood in admiration watching her. How could he believe that he could spend the entire week without her? Trying to distance himself from Halley had been more torturing than he had expected. He had left to get a hold of his emotions. His feelings. He thought putting some distance between them. He would realized his affections for his wife wasn't real and that it was only Lust. He was wrong. He had missed her everyday. It was difficult living without her. Joshua didn't want to give into his feelings. It happened once and the outcome was pure agony. But with Halley he had no control.

" Joshua? " Halley used her feet to stop the swing and gaped up at him. She couldn't believe her eyes. Her husband was home. But it hadn't been a week as yet! Did he missed her?.... Or

" I came back earlier" he responded, taking a few steps towards her. Halley saw the bags under his eyes, his facial hair was visible and he looked a bit.... thinner? Despite all of that he still managed to look devilishly Handsome.

" How so? Did your mistress got tired of you?" The words were dragged out of her mouth before she could control herself. She pursed her lips.

"What?" His eyes darken. Halley began to move the swing rapidly adding to his irritation. " Mistress, Halley? " his hands grabbed hold of the ropes. A surprised squeal escape her lips and she made the mistake to look at him. His face were mere inches from hers. Halley's heart picked up speed. Desire burn within her and she longed for him to took her in his arms and kissed her senselessly.

" You think I still have a mistress?"

" I know you do" She stood to her feet and took a few steps away unable to concentrate with him so close. " I saw you Joshua with Lady Wentworth.....The both of you were together" her voice cracked as uncontrollable tears escaped her eyes.

" Halley it isn't what you think" he reached out to comfort his wife but she quickly took a step back. Joshua stunned, allow his hands to fall to his side. " I was searching for you Halley. I didn't know Felicia would --"

"Enough with your lies Joshua!" She glared at him. " I suppose you expect me to believe that nothing is happening between the both of you! Joshua you flirted with her the entire night Like if I wasn't there!"

" Halley you couldn't possibly think that I would have encouraged her and brought such humiliation to my wife!" He said, stunned. " Halley I have been nothing but devoted to you."

"Devoted?" Her laughter was that of a sob. " might I remind you of our wedding night in less than twenty four hours you were in another woman's arms!" She intake a deep breath. She needed to stay calm. For her baby's sake.

"Halley you got to believe me. Nothing happened or would ever happened between Felicia and I! " Joshua thought they were making progress. He had came back to confess his feelings not to be trapped in a miniature war with his wife. He sigh audibly. " Halley let's go inside. I'll explained everything "

"Don't touch me! I hate you!" Halley lifted her skirt and took of running. She didn't want to stand and listen to anymore of his lies. The best thing for her is to stay away from Joshua.

"Halley! You can't keep running from everything!" Joshua followed, taking quick steps.

"Leave me alone!" Halley stopped running and carefully ascended the stairs. She opened and shut the door forcefully almost hitting Joshua in the face.

"Halley you're acting childish!" Joshua grabbed hold of her arm and swung her around to face him.

" Joshua stop!" She struggled against him. " let go of me!" She pushed at his chest with her free hand. He didn't even move. She started to slam her fist against his chest.

" Halley would you stop fighting me!" He grabbed hold of her free hand, careful not to hurt her. " I only wanted you to listen--" A painful growled escape Joshua. He released his wife. Who took off running up the staircase.

" Dammit Halley!" He stared at the teeth marks on his hand. How dare she bite him like an animal. He wanted her to stop running away from everything. She was upset he could understand that. But why didn't she stay? Allow him to explain? His face creased with exasperation. He didn't know which hurt most the fact that his wife didn't trust him or the burning sensation that emitted from his almost torn flesh.

***
Just a short update passing through.....

Thank you so much the votes and comments :) Hope you guys like this short update.

Oh and also sorry for the errors.....

Mwah.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

591K 34.3K 36
{WATTYS 2020 WINNER} {FEATURED BOOK} Paris, 1663. 500 girls selected by King Louis XIV embark on a journey across the seas from their homeland. Each...
868 45 43
My fingers slid down his frangible ribs, subconsciously counting each one. I stared upon his scrawny figure. My hatred had quickly turned into guilt...
156K 7K 34
Alexander smiled at her. "You are quite likeable, Emmeline, and I think we might one day be dear friends, but I doubt I shall ever wish to marry you...
919 47 24
"You aren't a distraction. You can never be you know" he said looking at me with enamoured eyes. "What makes you think so? " I asked. "You ar...