The Lost Princess ( The Compu...

Av asatabardo

Joshua turn to get a closer view of, his stepmother? Can he even call her that she was younger than him! She... Mer

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter eight
Chapter nine
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Epilogue

Chapter 29

29.6K 1.1K 41
Av asatabardo

Halley settled herself comfortably against the soft cushion seat of the carriage and close her eyes. Letting the soft whispering of the brisk night breeze lull her towards sleep, ignoring the pangs of headaches trying to remind her of last night's turbulence. Sleep seems to be vacant these past nights allowing her to roam the halls like a restless ghost. If it wasn't for the herbal tea she drank that her stomach seems to accept, the prospect of attending this Charity Ball would be minimum.

The sound of her husband's footsteps caused her to open her eyes and focus on the handsome profile climbing in the carriage to join her. He'd let his hair loose, allowing them to fall freely on his broad shoulders. His dashing black evening wear only added to his devastatingly handsome looks.

The sight of him made her smile. She was in love with the most gorgeous man in the world and it was only a matter of time before he returned the same sentiment. She most certainly would make him.

"I apologized for the delay my dear wife. Are you ready to dazzle the ton with your beauty?" He lifted her hand and brushed a kiss against it. " you're absolutely breathtaking Halley. I shall have to keep an Hawks eye on you tonight. "

"T-thank you" the touch caused Halley's entire body to come alive with longing. " Did you find what you were looking for?" Her voice was a bit raspy.

"Indeed I have" Joshua replied, giving her hand a little squeeze as the carriage took off in a steady trod. " Close your eyes I have a little surprise for you" Halley's eyes close with compliance. Her heart beat racing with anticipation.

Joshua slowly slid the gloves off his wife's hand. He let out a deep chuckle upon seeing his wife peeping through her eyes that was slightly closed. " Halley that means no Peeping"

"Fine!" She tossed her head to the other side and pouted.

Joshua smile as he reached inside his pocket for the small black case and flipped it open. Halley felt her wedding ring being slid from her finger and her heart beat turned into an uncontrollable rhythm. He wasn't changing his mind about the marriage, was he? God please no!

Joshua stared at the ring his father had selected for his wife. He may had deprived him the right of choosing a bride and courting her but he would not take away his right of choosing a proper ring for his wife. Placing it in his pocket, Joshua took out the ring he had specially made, from the box and slipped it on his wife's slender finger.

"Perfect" he muttered under his breathe, not only amaze of his correct judgment of size but how lovely it looked on her finger.

Halley gasped at the new ring on her finger, glittering in the moonlight that streak through the carriage's window. She reached out to touch the fine jewelry of diamonds and gold, then hesitated as if by touching it she would wake up from this surreal dream.

" Halley I'm still in the carriage. " Joshua remarked with a smile of amusement. Halley unaware that she was starting at the Jewelry in awe, turned glossy brown eyes to his sparkling blue ones. It was as if she was hypnotized a moment ago. " Do you like it?"

Halley close her eyes and nodded. " I love it ......but I love you more." She wanted to say but think it wise not to. " You shouldn't have"

" I wanted you to have something to remember me by" his hand caressing her cheeks. " besides every time I saw the other ring it reminds me of my father." He stuttered at the thought earning a soft laughter from his wife.

" Diffinitely not a pleasant thought"

"I know how we can make it pleasant" Joshua pulled his wife towards him, surprising a squeal of laughter from her. He took her into his mouth and kissed her. Halley's arms came up around his neck as she crushed her entire body against him. Her mouth voluntary opened up beneath his and she kissed him. " Halley I do love this dress." he mumbled between kisses as his hand swept along her back, stroking her soft flesh through her exquisite silk beige gown.

"Joshua it looks fine stop your fusing, we are already late!" Halley whined impatiently. Joshua had been trying to smooth out all the wrinkles on her dress by the time they step out of the carriage. Halley knew it would be impossible her husband on the other hand was just as stubborn as a mule.

" Halley do you know how much time madame Florence put into this dress? Her sweat and blood practically went into this " Joshua scolded rising to his feet. Halley grimace at the thought, while an audible disgusted groan escaped her lips."Are you trying to make me uncomfortable?"

Joshua took a step back to admire his work. Perfection is what he was striving for. He achieved it. " You look lovely Darling! Thanks to your skillful husband" Halley rolled her eyes as she stomped off towards the grand manor.

" A thank you would have been nice!" Joshua shouted at his wife's retrieving form. " I'm not moving until I hear you say it!!"

"Joshua Fisher get your ass over here!"

***
"Lord Fisher and Lady Fisher"

Halley took a deep breathe upon entering the lake of humanity. Clinched to her husband's arm. Halley was introduction to all the noblemen and woman of the ton, some granting her best wishes, congratulations and practically drooling over her magnificent ring, making her wished she had kept her gloves on.The others only fish for gossips. She hardly had time to breathe. If it wasn't for Joshua's possessive grib she would have been lost in the crowd. Speaking of lost as the crowd dispersed Halley glance briefly to see if her ring was still on her finger.

" I almost suffocated to death, " she opened her fan in quick modesty, trying to cooled off her overheating body. " how do you even know all these people? " she inquired as they stroll towards the refreshment table.

"A business man knows a lot of people Halley especially if you have excessive wealth." Joshua reply pouring his wife a glass of punch.

" I never had much friends growing up" She took the punch from her husband's hand, Savouring the delicious liquid.

"Jake and David are my only friends, Halley." he replied,with a warm smile.

"Joshua Fisher " The voice of a low seductive lady boomed behind her. Halley turned abruptly to feast her eyes on the scandalously dressed blond.

"Felicia Wentworth such a pleasure to see you again, may I introduced you to my wife Halley Fisher?"

The gorgeous blond tore her eyes away from Joshua and glance at Halley. " Nice to meet you lady Fisher "

"It's a pleasure to meet you Lady Wentworth" Halley replied with a polite curtsy that lady Wentworth dismissed Rudely by fixing her gaze back to Joshua.

" I must say it came as quiet a surprise when I heard you were married, of course it made sense when I found out that the marriage was of convenience. " she give a throaty chuckle.

" I beg your perdon" Halley angrily interposed, stunned that her husband just stood there like a statue.

"How's your father faring?" Joshua questioned wrapping his arms around Halley's waist.

" He is doing quiet well" she purred." You should visit us sometimes " She smile giving Joshua a lewd wink.

Halley was just about to pay this lady's face a visit with her fist when dinner was announced.

Ushered by her husband Halley was forced to sit across from Joshua giving Felicia the opportunity of sitting beside him. Halley wished she had never attended this stupid ball besides the fact that they showed up late and she didn't get to dance with her beloved. She had to sit and watch her husband flirt with another woman. Pure torture. Halley's lips pulled into a thin line as she watched lady Wentworth whispered into her husband's ears. She cast her eyes to the plate of delicacies that wasn't appetizing at the moment. It was like she was invisible. Non existence.

Taking a sip of water she glance there way briefly once more, Joshua's eyebrows squinted under his concern blue eyes at her. Halley give him a cold smile before turning back to her plate.

Finally dinner came to an end and the hostess give a toast honoring everyone for there generous donations and support. Halley was the first to leave the suffocation of the room. " Halley are you alright? " Joshua grab her arm stopping her from proceeding further.

"Why wouldn't I!? She snatched back her arm. " I'm going to freshen up a bit. "

Halley shut the door behind her, from her husband, Lady Wentworth. The world. Her back pressed against it as tears cloud her vision. How could Joshua do this to her!? She love him!
She walked towards the wash basin.

Halley felt dreadful after emptying her stomach, crawling towards the bed she made herself comfortable welcoming the soft surface with ease. Tears sting her eyes as she thought of Joshua in other woman's arm. Those were her arms! No other woman should be there! Certainly not miss busy body Wentworth!! One by one the tears stained the bed sheets. Halley's eyelid slowly covered her brown eyes as she drifted into deep slumber.

Joshua eyes scanned the crowd of ladies in the drawing room. Halley was no where insight. She should have returned by now. He thought as his head swirled around the room. Where was she? He didn't like the feeling of not knowing where his wife was.

"You are not looking for me are you?" Jake's arm snaked around his neck.

" Leave me alone Jake. Go pester David! " Joshua replied pushing him away firmly, while giving him a look of annoyance.

" Why you got to be such a lady. I'm just trying to act drunk so it would seems like I'm enjoying this stupid party." The last part he said in a whisper. Jake didn't trust a lot of people and Lady Tanis was amongst them. Looking at the shimming diamond necklace under the chandelier almost blinded him. The money is going to charity alright, Lady Tanis jewelry funds.

"Jake what are you doing?" Joshua give his friend a funny look. " can you put down your hand there's no sun in here!"

" Look at that diamond necklace," he whistled. " even Katherine don't have one of those. "

"Jake get the hell out of my sight" Joshua dismissed through chuckles. Jake snickered at him before stalking off towards where David and Jennifer stood. Crying that he had been robbed, this captured the attention of some of the guest and they soon piled around him.

Joshua heaved a sigh as he made His way up the staircase in search of his wife. He felt like an intruder entering each room. Where could she be? He thought with frustration as he stumble upon yet another empty room. He took a moment to scan through the luxurious chamber. A small candle stood upon the mantle piece waving at him for help from the strong wind that climb through the open window. The huge wooden bed with layers of silk along with the expensive powders that line the vanity table got him wondering if Jake was right. " Hmmm.....Lady Tanis seems to have found a gold mine" or his pocket. It wasn't a secret that he made the most generous donation.

" Finally we are alone." Lady Wentworth whispered in the still room. Her voice was low and raspy.

"Felicia what are you doing?" Joshua shouted in alarmed as he heard the soft click of door.

"Don't worry no one would disturbed us. It would be just like old times." She stroll towards him causing him to take a quick step back. A few weeks ago he would have jumped at the prospect of bedding the gorgeous blond , now all he wanted to do was run for the hills.

" Things have changed Felicia" he said, stopping her hands from going around his neck. " I'm a married man now"

Felicia luminous blue eyes darken. " since when do you care about marriage! That bitch you call a wife is a nobody, someone your father felt sorry -"

"Don't you dare speak ill of my wife!" Joshua shouted, pointing a finger of warning at her. " She is twice the lady you'll ever be, it shames me to know that I was once acquainted with you" stalking off towards the door Joshua quickly pull on the door nob only to found it locked.

"Felicia where is the blasted key!" Lady Wentworth give a smirk as she dangle the skeleton key she threatened out of a maid, between her fingers before forcing it down her bosom. " told you it would be just the two of us."

"There would never be any us, now open this door before I break it down!"

Go on" she challenged, sticking her nose high in the sky." Let every one know how faithful you are to your precious wife" she sneered. A wicked laughter escape her lips upon seeing the shock on Joshua's face.

Halley sat upright with a jerk. Alarm swam across her face. Joshua's probably going mad with worries. Rising to her feet, her head started to pound. Halley groan as she fell back on the bed, rubbing her forehead. The Soft noises emitting from beside the bed drew her towards the adjoining door. She slowly opened the door and Pierce through.

Halley couldn't believed her eyes. Her heart felt like it was ripped from her chest and trampled by horses. Joshua and Lady Wentworth? In bed? Her trembling hands slowly close the door. Her feet was that of jelly. She leaned against the door for support. Tears rolled off her cheeks silently as she slid to the floor. How foolish she had been to even thought that her husband would be faithful to her. He was a rake for Godsake! A rake you fell in love with. Her subconscious reminded her. Halley's head began to hurt even more as she sobbed uncontrollably. She stare at the ring on her finger through blurred eyes. How could he do this to her after what they share tonight. After all they had went through.

Joshua glare at Felicia as he climb off the bed with the key in his hand. The woman had a vipers grip." I don't ever want to see your face again, the respect I had for you just died!" opening the door Joshua looked around to see if anyone was near by before slipping back down stairs. A few minutes after Lady Wentworth followed with a grim face.

Halley quickly wiped her cheeks with the back of her hand. She needed to get out of this place. She no longer wanted to breathe the same air as Lady Wentworth. She felt the world tilt beneath her upon raising to her feet. Inhaling a sharp breath she made it out of the room, into the hallways. Halley felt like she was on a ship battling with a storm. Her head hurts, her eyes hurt, most of all her heart was in pain. She felt terrible.

Halley managed to reach down the stairs, by holding on to the railings. Her weary eyes scanned the remaining guests in search of her husband as much as she hated him right now. She needed him.

Joshua who was in deep conversation with Lady Cummings, requesting help to find his wife. Turn towards the staircase as if sensing her presence. His eyes widen at his pale wife. " Halley!"

Halley took a step forward, leaving the support of the railing to meet her husband who was rushing towards her" Joshua.... " Joshua made it just in time to catch his wife before she hit the floor.

"Some one get me a blasted doctor!"

*****
I must apologize for the delay, had accounting exams sigh..... I know this chapter is a bit dull and boring lol I really hope it gets better as the story continues.

Don't forget to vote and comment :)

Love to hear what you guys think

Mwah.

Fortsett å les

You'll Also Like

222K 7K 29
For the coming of the prince (Alexander), new maid servants were employed at the palace and Rebecca happened to be one of them. What happens when Ale...
4.2K 604 26
At twenty-four, Mason Chamberlain had it all. When scandal leaves him with a broken heart, not much could make him believe in love again...until the...
Raven Falls Av Ekeminih

Historisk fiksjon

490K 14.1K 30
She was young, reserved and a complete book lover. A rather curvy girl with hazel eyes. He was strange with an always bored look but had an unnatura...
715K 24.2K 32
Princess Lilyanne Blythe sneaks out to a party and has a one night stand. Assuming that was in the past, that one night stand stranger ends up living...