Flirting With Death

By wassanmassri

He extends his hand and I'd be lying if I said I only hesitated a bit to shake it. When I finally did, my han... More

Chapter 1
Flirting With Death.
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 20

Chapter 19

6.2K 418 244
By wassanmassri

Demetri's POV:

-

-

-

"Psst, Demetri. Hey Demetri, you in there?" I hear Mackenzie's very loud whisper through the crack of my office doors, causing me to automatically roll my eyes. I decide to ignore her, wondering how long it'll take her to barge in here with all her sass and sarcasm. It took her approximately seven seconds.

"I know you can hear me," she scoffs as she barges towards me, her ruffled hair swaying above her face, making it difficult to see whether she actually wanted to kill me this time, "Why do you choose to infuriate me this way, it's not difficult to simply answer me."

I scoot my desk chair forward, intertwining my hands before looking up at her with the sweetest smile I could muster up. By then, her expression had contorted from a manageable frown to a look of deep frustration, "I'm oh so sorry, I must've missed the sound of your incessant voice traveling through the walls of this entire house," her mouth dropped in shock, as though she had been sincerely hurt by my words, "by the way, you might want to learn how to whisper."

"I will have you know, I whisper just fine - in fact, I am the best whisperer there is." she turns her head away in the most dramatic way possible, but it took less than a second for a small smile to break out on her face, which then turned into a big grin as she looked back at me.

Damn, that smile.

I quickly shook my head of that thought and silently thanked the fact that she couldn't read my mind.

I cleared my throat, realizing that we were just smiling back at each other, "Uh, so, how's the whole getting back to life thing going for you?"

"Well, I'm still here, if that gives you any indication what my answer might be."

She looks away, her grin fading, "Fourteen days left," she strolls around the room before coming to a quick halt, "It's not forgiveness, I'm sorry but I can't forgive my father for what he put us through, I just can't-" I stopped her rambling.

"Mackenzie," I pushed myself off my chair and quickly made my way to her, grabbing her face by both hands, "Hey, look at me."

It took a moment for her gaze to shift from the ground to me, "We went through this, this can't be forced, it has to be true forgiveness, and that dimwit isn't anywhere near your forgiveness right now," her eyes flicked down again.

"But I just-" I pull her face closer to mine gently, and my hands automatically push away the strand of hair that had fallen in front of her face.

"But nothing, you have two weeks left, we'll figure this out."

She stood there staring at me, and I suddenly realized the distance between us was as thin as air. I tried to pull away but something in my head wouldn't let me, something was telling me to pull her closer. I held her cheeks in my hand and the silence in the room was deafening. I could hear her slightly gasp as I took another step closer.

My grip on her face became a little stronger as I felt her breath on my lips, and the gravity of the room suddenly felt ten times heavier.

I don't understand what's wrong with me, what is this, what am I doing?

I watch as her eyes drift from my eyes to my lips, and for a moment, I let myself have something that I haven't had in decades: a weakness.

-

-

-

Mackenzie's POV:

-

-

-

Oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god, this is really happening.

I stood there, my heart beating almost completely out of my chest as Demetri held me, and it feels as though I've been holding my breath for hours.

I want this. I definitely want this.

"Mackenzie," he faintly spoke, sending a shiver down my spine, leaving me with goosebumps all over. I watched as his hooded eyes slowly closed.

Oh god oh god oh god, he's leaning in.

"Ahem," was all we need to hear for us to jump apart, scurrying back to our corners trying to act as nonchalant as possible.

"Well, well, well, what do we have here?"

Demetri and I flew apart, each of us huddling to our corners as I collected my thoughts. My head turned towards the door so fast, I think I got whiplash. 

I wish I could say nothing could surprise me at this point, but unfortunately a little gasp left my lips when I laid my eyes on the tall, thin man hovering over the entrance to Demetri's office. His facial features sharp, cheekbones high and eyes a piercing blue color. And get this, he was holding a scythe.

Instead of wearing a creepy, dementor-looking cloak, he wore a long, hooded coat that looked frilled and ragged at the bottom as it just barely reaches the ground.  Underneath his hood revealed long strands of bleach white hair, just barely hanging above his perfectly-structured face. To say the least, this guy was hot.

Damn.

"Hey!" Demetri exclaimed, with a hint of jealousy in his voice. 

I let out a snicker, "Shouldn't have read my mind," I muttered.

"Hey Grim," Demetri nodded towards the stunning man by the door, who nodded right back before turning my way and giving me a grin. He flashed his pearly whites at me and it got me thinking, where on earth do they get these reapers from?

I can almost feel Demetri's eyes rolling to the back of his head as I stuck out my hand perkily and introduced myself, "Hi, I'm Mackenzie, current visiting resident of creepy limbo world, got only two weeks left. Nice to meet you." 

I flashed the best smile I could muster, taking a peek in my peripheral vision to find demetri rubbing his frontal lobe.  

Grim gently took my hand in his and turned it over, and I felt my face heat up as he leaned in to kiss it. As soon as his lips touched my hand, I heard Demetri's light but obvious cough.

"Grim, what exactly are you doing here?" Demetri said in a hushed, annoyed tone while we watched Grim straighten up and pull down his hood. 

"Oh, you know," He spoke smoothly, "just missed you, dear old pal."

I stood there and watched as the guys exchanged looks that seemed to be hiding more than I could possibly imagine. All of a sudden, Demetri nods in Grim's direction, and they both scurry outside the room and close the door behind them.

"Wha-," I didn't even get the chance to ask what was happening before they both vanished. 

Oh great, they're in love. 

I stood there in the office, basically trapped because I couldn't leave without interrupting their little make-out session, or whatever all those shady exchanges were about. After a few minutes, or what felt like decades, the little voice in the back of my mind deemed it necessary to at least try to hear what they were talking about right outside the doors I'm trapped behind. 

As soon as I pressed my ear to the door, I heard something smash on the other side, which made me jump back a few feet. I stood for a moment before I decided to open the door. As I was reaching the handle, the door flew open, revealing a very angry Demetri. He was running his hand furiously through his hair, pacing back and forth as I realized Grim was no where to be seen. I watched Demetri as he finally stopped moving and revealed a small, crumpled parchment that was in his shaking fist. 

I slowly approach him, looking him dead in the eyes and enveloping his face with my hands, trying to calm him down. I kept one hand on his cheek while the other reached for the parchment, unsure of what to expect. 

I was confused when I caught a glimpse of my name on it. My brows furrowed as I tried to go back and reread the lines. Now both my hands were firmly grasping each side of the parchment as I read fragments written in perfect cursive.

The combination of words resembled a collective meaning of: I have even less time than I did before.

My head spun as I tried to properly read the letter that was signed below by the Council. 

At this point, it was Demetri that was comforting me, his arms snaking around my waist from behind me as his head rested between the crook of my neck. I let out the deep breath I didn't know I was holding in as he planted a gentle kiss on my shoulder, "I promise, we'll figure this out."

He planted another kiss on my shoulder, "I promise," he whispered, his lips gliding up slowly, now pressing his lips against my neck, "I promise," another kiss on my neck. 

And another. 

I exhaled deeply as he pulled me closer, while I tilt my head, giving him more excess to the neck he wouldn't stop kissing.

Suddenly, in one swift movement, I felt myself being spun by my waist, ending up face to face with the man I know I want. Right here, right now. 

Our breathing was already ragged, and our nerves already on edge from the news, which only heightened everything I was feeling in the moment. I stared him down, taking in every detail of his face, and watched him do the same to me. 

I could see and hear Demetri breathing so heavily as his hands roamed me, ferociously grabbing my waist, pressing me as hard as possible to him, as if he couldn't get enough of me. His eyes flickered from my eyes to my lips as he exhaled words that resembled something along the lines of, "I need you." 

Before I could even take a breath, his lips pressed against mine, moving, tasting every inch, pouring every emotion out.

And I savored every second of it. 

____________

12/24/2016

only good thing that has come out of 2016 is the Mackenzie/Demetri kiss. 

lol enjoy.

vote/comment if you squealed 

-wm 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

104K 3.7K 52
"I hate you" "Fucking too bad I'm your mate" I glared at him sitting in this damn steel box, I don't wanna get stuck in this freaking elevator with...
521 228 25
"Kill..." the low whispering voice trailed off into my head. I don't think the strange whispering voice came from anyone in the room. It was too loud...
4.8M 150K 39
I squeezed my eyes shut waiting for pain but nothing happen. He froze smelling me. He pulled away with his eyes wide. He looked my over in shock and...
4.8K 145 27
HOT That's all I felt a...