Chapter 15

It's been almost two weeks. Twelve days to be exact and there were several things that frustrated me to no end.

One of those things was the fact that my best friend in the whole, entire world did not come to visit me. Not once.

You would think that the one person you trust and adore would care to even check up on their severely injured friend in a coma.

It's pretty heartbreaking, actually. If anything ever happened to Clark, I wouldn't be sure what to do. He's the only person who tolerates me, and the only person who's ever there for me.

I shifted in my bed, pushing the blankets off me as my mind wandered back to all the fun Clark and I have had together since we became friends.

I couldn't help but wonder what he had been feeling this entire time. After all, he was the one accompanying me for my birthday before the entire accident happened.

I thought back to the accident, letting my memories flow and images began to pop into my mind.

I don't really remember the pain, only the fact the my blood pooled in my mouth and I remember thinking how gross it tasted.

Thinking back to the accident made me think back to the pathetic excuse of a person that tried to make a move on me, making me shiver in place, horrified of what could've happened if I hadn't gotten away.

I shook that thought away, almost actually glad that I had gotten hit by a car because it was the event that got me out of that terrifying situation.

Ha, wow, I'm glad I got hit by a car. Don't hear that often, do you?

Anyway, remembering the car accident made the thoughts of the aftermath appear.

That blinding, white room, the first peek I had at this strange world of limbo. It's unfortunate I wouldn't remember any of this, considering how freaking awesome it is that I'm stuck between life and death.

I mean, it's like the stuff you read in stories.

Hm, now what I was I saying in the beginning?

Ah, right. Now, the second thing that frustrated me was that I was running out of time to my immanent death, and Death himself was nowhere to be found to help me.

What could he possibly be doing right now? Sitting in that crummy little office of his, laughing at my pathetic attempts to make my way back home?

I scoffed at that thought, moving off my bed and planting my feet firmly on the ground, wondering how long I was sitting on my bed, just thinking.

I waited a few seconds before standing up, trying to regain my balance, making sure I don't fall over in my attempt to stand up.

After I was on both feet, I walked my way through the darkness that is my door and made my way down the stairs.

The creaks of flooring of this freaking ancient house creeped the hell out of me, but it wasn't as bad as the door to Demetri's office. That door sounded like it was screaming at the top of it's lungs.

"Oh, dear god," I remarked, gulping down the fear as far back as I could, "D-Demetri?"

I looked around the room, which, of course, had no sign of Demetri anywhere.

"Demetri!" I called out, thinking maybe he was in some other part of this house, "Yo, Demetri!"

I walked further into the office, taking my time to look at each and every knick knack and pointless mess around the room.