Chapter 11

• • •

I stood there, my hands clenched, and I can feel my nails digging roughly into my palms.

But that wasn't what I was paying attention to.

All my attention was focused on myself. Yes, myself.

I was laying on a bed, eyes closed and I looked almost...peaceful.

I paid attention to the scratches and scars that probably wouldn't fade away for a while, but there was one big one that slid down from my right temple down to my cheekbone.

It looked like I had been cut deep there, and I unconsciously lifted my hand up to my own face, wondering why it didn't show in the state that I was in now.

I shook it off, knowing that the scratches on my face were nothing compared to the real problem.

I dared myself to look up at who was hovering over my limp body, to look up at the person who was holding my hand and whispering sorry about a million times.

I had to almost force myself to look up at the man who had abandoned me and my mother. Once I had forced my gaze up, I regretted it in instance.

My gaze had fell upon a broken man, his hair grey and face dragging down to the floor.

I inhaled sharply, feeling tears surfacing as I tried to tell myself that I had cried enough over this man.

"Mack, I'm so sorry. So, so sorry," I heard a whimpering voice escape from the man I used to call my father, it was soft and heartbreaking but I knew that he didn't care for me.

I felt like I couldn't breath, my chest was tightening more and more every second and I knew I had to get away.

I took a deep breathe as a sob escaped me as I felt someone grasp my shoulders and suddenly, everything around me was blocked out.

I looked up into a pair of stony, dark eyes, "Mackenzie, what's wrong?"

Demetri. I almost forgot he was here.

I was shivering, holding my breathe, trying desperately to keep my next sob in.

"Take me home," I choke out through gritted teeth as I looked away, unable to look at him anymore.

"But we just-"

"I said, take me home," I couldn't help my voice breaking in the middle of the sentence as I tried to stay as strong as I could.

He let out a sigh before dropping his hands from my shoulders, "Close your eyes."

I did as he asked, biting my lip as I tried to sustain another sob.

I felt myself being slightly lifted off the ground before roughly getting dropped back down.

As soon as I opened my eyes, I scanned the room to find the stairs that led to my isolated, dark room.

As soon as I found it, my feet scurried along and as my foot almost made it to the first step, a hand was wrapped around my wrist.

It pulled me back, causing me to twirl on my heel until I was face to face with Demetri.

Our proximity made my heavy breathing even heavier and I could feel his breathe hovering above my lips. I tried to ignore it as much as I could but it was almost impossible.

"Hey," he whispered, and I had a strong feeling he was aware of the affect he had on me, "What happened back there?"

I lowered my head, trying to take a few steps back to create some space between us, but his hand on my wrist wouldn't budge.

I had to get away.

"Please, let me go," my voice was weak, but I could tell it had no affect on him.

"I will once you tell me what happened," he whispered, lowering his voice and I suddenly felt his hand on my chin, lifting my head up and forcing my eyes to meet his, "I heard your some of your thoughts. That man was your father?"

I was trying to numb out the shivers that ran up and down my spine, and all I could hear was our breathing as we stared each other down.

I snapped out of it once I realized he had just told me he had invaded my thoughts again, and suddenly my blood was boiling, and not because of the feeling his touch gave me.

I narrowed my eyebrows and made sure there was an angry expression on my face, "Stay out of my head."

I pulled away as hard as I could, freeing myself from his grasp and suddenly I could breath again.

My heart was beating so fast, I could hear it as I ran up the stairs along with Demetri calling my name.

Once I reached the room, I couldn't help but be angry about three things:

My so-called 'father',

Demetri,

And the fact that there's no door to this room to slam childishly.

xxx

Ok DON'T KILL ME I'M SORRY THIS TOOK SO LONG AND THAT IT'S SO SHORT

But trust me, school has been insane.

And still is.

So, once again, I know I'm a terrible person and and that this is a terrible chapter and everything is just terrible and I'm sO SOrRy

Please forgive me?

If you do forgive me, you're awesome, and you're also awesome if you

Vote

Comment

And all that good stuff.

xoxo
Gossip Girl.....

Jkay, I've been watching too much of that show.

-Wazzziii