Chapter 4

I tug on the red material of my dress, that was - in my eyes - way too short for me. I tried my best not to trip in these six inch heels, but trust me, it was much harder than it looked.

It didn't take me long to get ready, it was only my hair that caused me a bit of trouble. Oh, and squeezing myself into a dress that was half my size.

Never again will I shop in a modern store. They seem under the impersonation that everyone wants to look like a stripper.

I've been waiting for Clark for fifteen minutes, and only know did he pull into the driveway in his dad's Mercedes. I hear a few honks as I grab my coat and head out of the house, but nor before saying goodbye to my mom and brother.

"Mack! Wait! I have something big to ask you!"! James yelled as I was about to close the door behind me.

I turned to face my little brother with a smile on my face, "Yeah?"

"Where's the rest of your dress?" He asks, tilting his head and fixating his small eyes on my exposed legs. My smile quickly dropped and the next thing I know, I was yelling bye and making my way to the car.

I could see Clarks face through the glass, and his eyes didn't meet mine until I got into the car.

"What took you so - whoa," he stopped in his tracks, his eyes were fully examining every part of me. I can't blame him, since I haven't worn a dress since third grade, "Gah - you look amazing, Mackenzie."

He sends a warm smile my way, and I respond by ruffling through his hair and saying, "Aw, not so bad yourself."

Clark chuckled, fixing his hair and putting the car in reverse, "Happy birthday, Mack."

*** ***

The loud music was almost painful, making my head throb with every beat. We had gotten in easily, because of the wristbands, and now Clark and I are taking in the excitement of it all.

The blue and purple lights didn't make anything any better for my aching head, but I tried to ignore it as much as possible.

There were a huge amount of people standing in the middle of the club, dancing on each other, and it truly was a disgusting sight.

Geez, girls. Have you no respect for yourselves?

Clark grabbed my arm, and pulled me closer, whispering in my ear that he was going to get us drinks.

I stood there, arms folded across my chest as I stared at the people around me. They seemed so young, maybe even younger than me. I thought about how their parents let them come to a place like this -

"Hey," my thoughts were interrupted by an older-looking blonde. He had a million-dollar smile, and I don't think I'm mistaken if I say this guy is not eighteen. I stood there for a few seconds, trying to confirm that he as talking to me.

"Er - hi," I managed to squeak out, and I could see the guy had two drinks in his hands, and I could tell what question was coming next.

"Would you like to have a drink with me?" He sends a tight smile my way, and I can't help but feel like it's because his skinny jeans are squeezing the life out of him.

I smile at my thought of him not being to breathe because of his pants, and let out a breathy 'okay'.

He led me to the couches that were by the exotic looking bar.

Why do they have a bar here if they're not allowed to drink alcohol?

I ignored it as hunky over here set the glass of whatever it was in front of me.