Newsies Forever

Fansie99 tarafından

Part 3 of Newsie Love! Jordyn Lively and Ben Cook first met when they were 17. They toured the country perfor... Daha Fazla

School
Bullied
Red Carpet
The Audition
New School
The News
The Party
Cast Announcment
Carmen
First Rehearsal
Jason or Zach?
Uncle Josh
Sweetheart
The Theatre
Skys Wedding
Jail
Opening Night
Mr. Norm
The Wheel
Tony Awards
The Mini Twins
The Switch
Going Back
Friday Night
Saturday Morning
The Roof
The Wedding
Grounded
Dad
Broadway Family
The Shots
The Shooter
The Aftermath
Ben's Permission
Family Vacation
Falling
Ben's Surprise
Hawaii Part 1
The Yacht
Hawaii Part 2
The Fight
The Jet
Private School?
The Party
Hangovers
First Day
Timmy
Carmens Debut
Carmens Debut Pt 2
Lucas and Melina?
Skipping School
Mistaken Identity
Twins turn 1
Halloween
Thanksgiving Pt 1
Thanksgiving Pt 2
Thanksgiving Aftermath
Black Friday
Twin Wars
Christmas Eve Pt 1
Christmas Eve Pt 2
Merry Christmas
Sleepless Nights
Character Photo List
Suspended
Scheming
AU part 1
AU part 2
AU part 3
AU part 4
AU part 5
Family Meeting
It's Britney B****
Maddison Emma Cook
The New Evan
Uncle Sky
The Business Meeting
Aunt Kinsley
Parkers First Date
Cell Block Tango
Jail Aftermath
Growing Up Frat
Even at 17...
Can't We Be 17...
Dad Ben
Spring Break
Paparazzi
Happily Ever Quarantine
They Was Coronas!
Live with the Cooks
Melina's Plan
Melina's Life
Troubled GiGi
Modeling
Mr. Beauty Queen
The Chase
The Wild Child
To Be Young and in Love
VIP tour
The Secret Game
The Donut Shop
Damian
Lukey Boo
instagram pt 1
instagram pt 2
Last Day
Mystery Gang 2.0
Hows My Form?
Special Delivery
James
The Secret Garden
The First Two Cook Kids
Drunk Parker
more insta?
cook kids insta
Mission Save Lucas
Cooks Breaking Down
Losing Lucas
Burn
Who's Moving Out?
Dizzy
What Comes Next
End of an Era
???
8.15.20
newsies next gen

Today Show

3.5K 71 256
Fansie99 tarafından

Jordyn POV:

"Hello everybody and welcome to The Today Show. I'm your host, Karen Yawn and today I am talking with the people who are taking the Broadway world by storm. Jordyn started her acting career at the age of 17 when she toured the country in Newsies playing Sniper. After that was over she filmed 3 hit movies and a tv series! Then she decided to head back to Broadway and star in the touring production of Les Miserables playing Eponine. After that, she starred in a new tv series and filmed another movie! She is now currently starring as Eliza in the hit show Hamilton! Next we have Ben who started his career at a young age and has a very long resume so we will just tell you the major things! He was in the original Broadway cast of Ragtime, then went on tour as Billy in the touring production of Billy Elliot! He also made a couple tv appearances! Then, he went along side Jordyn on the National tour of Newsies playing the character Race. He then returned back to Broadway to be in the original Broadway cast of the show Tuck Everlasting! Then he joined Jordyn again on the tour of Les Miserables where he played the role of Marius. Now he is playing the role of Clyde in the Broadway revival of Bonnie and Clyde! And last but not least, we have Melina. She made her Broadway debut playing Matilda in Matilda when she was 8, and then when she was 10 she joined Ben and Jordyn on the national tour of Les Mis where she played Young Cossette and Young Eponine! When she was 11 she played the role of Winnie Foster in Tuck Everlasting then took on the role of Katie in school of Rock when she was 13! Now she is Young Bonnie in Bonnie and Clyde on Broadway with Ben! Please welcome, the Broadway power family, Ben, Jordyn, and Melina Cook!" Karen said.

"Hi!" We all smiled.

"So, there's 3 of you, and you are all currently on Broadway?" Karen asked.

"Well there's actually 4 of us, we have a 3 year old little girl too! She's a little too young to be on Broadway though." I laughed.

"One day though. She already dances all around our apartment." Ben said.

"That's so cute! Ok, so I know everybody knows the story, but I just love hearing it! Tell us the story of how this whole family came to be!" She smiled.

"Well, we first met when we were 17 on the tour of newsies and we started dating. We would get in fights like normal couples but we had a huge breakup. 3 years later I ran into him when I was seeing Hamilton with my brother and we started talking and then dating again. Then we got cast in Les Mis together and Melina was only 10. Her mom couldn't come on tour with her so me and Ben signed on to be her legal guardians. Then, one day at Disney World, Ben proposed to me and I said yes and then right after that he asked Melina if we could legally adopt her." I explained.

"Wow, so Melina, you were only 10 years old! How old are you now?" Karen asked.

"I'm 15." Melina smiled.

"Wow, where has the time gone? Now, I don't know about the rest of the world but I feel like I've been watching you guys grow up! I took my daughter to see the Newsies tour and saw you both, then she saw Tuck Everlasting and watched Jordyns movies and then we saw the Les Mis tour and we saw Tuck again with Melina in it, I feel like we've been able to follow you in this journey." Karen said.

"Yeah it's great! I mean, we go to the stagedoor and we still have people who are like 'oh my gosh! I saw you in Newsies!' And it's like woah that was over 10 years ago! And it's great we've been able to make our career last so long." Ben said.

"That's amazing. Melina, you've kinda grown up in the spotlight. People feel like they've been able to follow along with you as you've grown up." She said.

"Yeah, people come up to me who I've never met and are like 'You have gotten so big!' and I'm like um who are you?" Melina laughed. "But it's been great, I've been able to grow up in such a great environment with amazing people. And it has taught me to grow up a lot. When I was 10 Jordyn and Ben were in a big fight and the paparazzi would follow  me and scream questions in my face and I had to learn how to deal with people always taking pictures of me and how I need to handle myself. One picture of me losing  it and it's going to be all over the media. But, it's definitely taught me a lot." She smiled.

"How do you deal with the media always coming through you for information about Ben and Jordy?" She asked Melina.

"Well, when I was younger I didn't know what to do. Everybody is always wondering about them. When Jordyn was pregnant the media had some thoughts about it and one day I had just gotten out of school and my Uncle Parker was picking me up and the media just attacked me with questions and I learned I have to just keep my head down, mouth shut, and just try and get past them." Melina explained.

"That is definitely mature. So your theatres, where are they located?" Karen asked.

"The Bonnie and Clyde theatre is actually right next door to Hamilton. Literally, I use their wifi all the time, it's so much faster than ours." Ben laughed.

"You walk down the street and you see the Hamilton theatre and then you see the Bonnie and Clyde theatre. We all walk together down to the theatre, including our youngest Maddie. And then I go into the Hamilton theatre and take Maddie with me usually and Ben goes with Melina to the Bonnie and Clyde theatre." I explained.

"So where does Maddie go during the show?" Karen asked.

"Well, one of our swings in Hamilton will watch her usually but sometimes Melina sneaks over and I come offstage from a show and Melina is sitting in my dressing room playing with Maddie and I'm just like 'wait you're not in this show.'" I laughed.

"Sorry that I love my sister!" Melina laughed.

"That's adorable. Well, it was great talking to you guys! You can get tickets to see Bonnie and Clyde and Hamilton online, go out and support the Cook family!" Karen said.

"AND WE'RE CLEAR!" A camera man shouted.

"Thank you so much for having us on your show." Ben said standing up and shaking her hand.

"Well it's an honor, you 3 are quite the family. Break a leg tonight you guys." She smiled and left.

"Jordyn, can we go get brunch? I'm starving and the food buffet here is lacking." Melina asked.

"Good I'm not the only one starving." I laughed. We went back to our dressing room where an intern was playing with Maddie. "Hi sweet girl!" I smiled and walked over and picked her up. "Thank you so much for watching her!"

"Oh no problem! She's adorable!" The intern laughed.

"Mommy I want food." Maddie said.

"Don't we all." I laughed.

"Ok let's grab our bags and we can go eat." Ben said. "Melina, can you grab the baby bag?"

"Ben she's 3 years old, she's not a baby." Melina laughed.

"She's a baby as long as I say she's a baby!" Ben protested. We grabbed all of our things and headed down to a restaurant down the street.

"Why did we have to wake up at 5 in the morning for that interview?" Melina asked putting her head down on the table.

"Hey don't get too tired, we have a Broadway.com interview in like 2 hours." Ben said.

"And then a show!" I smiled.

"At least I can sleep during the show." Melina laughed.

"No because you need to do homework." Ben said.

"Why did I get stuck in the same theatre as Ben instead of Jordyn? Hey Maddie, wanna trade?" Melina laughed.

"No!" Maddie said.

"Wow, neither of my girls want to be with me. I see how it is." Ben laughed.

"Wait I thought the Broadway.com video was tomorrow and we were going to the jump zone?" Melina asked.

"There is one tomorrow but that's just with you. Today's interview is with all 3 of us." I explained.

"Hey there's my favorite Broadway family!" A voice said.

"Josh!" Melina smiled jumping up and grabbing him in a hug.

"Hey munchkin what am I, chopped liver?" Sky laughed.

"Hi sky." Melina laughed giving him a hug too.

"Uncle Josh! Uncle Sky!" Maddie smiled, jumping off my lap and running straight to Josh.

"Hi cutie!" Josh smiled picking Maddie up. "Aw Melina, I remember when you were this small." Josh laughed.

"Josh, you met me when I was 10." Melina laughed.

"Yes and you were a very small 10 year old." Josh said.

"Did you guys watch the interview this morning?" Ben asked.

"Hell yes!" Sky said.

"I'm offended I was never mentioned." Josh said being dramatic.

"Oh stop." Melina said.

"Well we are here for baby duty." Sky said.

"Oh right, you guys are watching her during our interview." Jordyn said.

"A little forgetful today aren't we Jordyn?" Sky laughed.

"It's the pregnancy brain." Josh said.

"Josh I'm not pregnant." I said.

"HOW DO WE KNOW." Josh said.

"Are you calling me fat?" I asked raising an eyebrow.

"Josh you never say that to a pregnant woman!" Ben said.

"I'M NOT PREGNANT!" I protested.

"She has been craving a lot of ice cream lately." Melina smirked.

"MELINA DO NOT JOIN THEM!" I said.

"Josh!" Maddie smiled.

"Maddie!" Josh smiled and Maddie laughed.

"I can't find my bear!" Maddie said holding her arms out.

"You can't find your bear? Well we will have to find it! Let's go!" Josh said and turn and ran.

"Hey! Bring my baby back!" I said as Josh ran down the street.

"Bye mommy!" Maddie said waving.

"Here's your food!" Our waitress said lying down our plates.

"I got this." Melina said. "OH NO, WHAT AM I GOING TO DO WITH ALL THIS BACON?" Melina screamed. Josh stopped dead in his tracks.

"Did you say, bacon?" Josh asked.

"You say bacon?" Maddie asked imitating Josh.

"Oh yeah, I got all this bacon but I don't want to eat it all." Melina smirked.

"You play dirty little Mel." Josh said walking back.

"Oh so guess who's coming to see Hamilton tonight!" Sky smiled.

"Wow not gonna come see Bonnie and Clyde? I see how it is." Melina said.

"I'm seeing that next week." Sky laughed.

"Traitor." Ben said.

"Well I'm very excited for you to come!" I smiled.

"And we have a surprise for you!" Josh said.

"Sky, where's Lollie?" Ben asked.

"She's getting wedding stuff done. Let me tell you, planning a wedding is not fun." Sky said.

"Really? Wouldn't know!" Ben said sarcastically.

"I liked that wedding! I got be a flower girl!" Melina smiled.

"Shit that reminds me, I was supposed to pick which flowers I liked best. Josh I'll meet up with you later." Sky said turning and running.

"Looks I'm flying solo on baby duty." Josh said.

"Thanks Josh, it means a lot." I said.

"Uncle Josh to the rescue! And away we go, my trusty baby sidekick!" Josh said and turned and headed off.

"Josh are you forgetting something?" I asked holding up the baby bag.

"I knew that." Josh said running back and grabbing it and then leaving again. Why do I trust him with my baby? Oh well. I should probably be more concerned about the paparazzi that is currently following us. Guess I'm just used to it now. As long as they leave my baby out of it.

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

24.3K 758 58
It had been three years since tour. Three years since moving in with Josh, Ben, and Bexley. Two and a half years since JoJo made her Broadway debut...
24.4K 678 41
in which a rising Broadway actress does her best to keep from falling in love with another actor, despite the fact that she has a boyfriend (recomme...
385 12 16
Spencer had always loved Newsies and Broadway/musicals. Her dream was to become an actress. When she decided to audition for Newsies, a blonde boy wh...
7K 66 16
🎶Honey honey, how you thrill me, a-ha, honey honey. Honey honey, nearly kill me, a-ha, honey honey. I'd heard about you before. I wanted to know som...