Scarlet Legacy (Completed)

By FadeinBlue

What if saving someone meant exchanging your fate for something you can't even imagine? What if your real ide... More

S1-1 | To Save Him
S1-2 | Ironic Fate
S1-3 | Blue Eyes
S1-4 | Trapped
S1-5 | On the Run
S1-6 | Through New Eyes
S1-7 | Crave
S1-7.5 | Crave Part 2
S1-8 | Setting Sun
S1-9 | The Monster
S1-10 | A Party of some sort?
S1-11 | Ella and Chris
S1-12 | Punished
S1-13 | Passion-filled
S1-14 | When lying makes it worse
S1-15 | Scarlet
S1-16 | Claws
S1-17 | Breach
S1-18 | Hope.Dangerous.Keep Away
S1-19 | Ticking Clock
S1-21 | Surprise
S1-22 | Basic Instinct
S1-23 | New Arrangements
S1-24 | Et Vermiculum Vitae
S1-25 | What could go wrong?
S1-26 | Snap
S1-27 | Loyalty
S1-28 | Betrayal
Character Guide
S1-29 | Aftermath♥
S1-30 | Favors and Traitors
S1-31 | Murderer
S1-32 | Just This Once
S1-33 | The Beacon of War
S1-34 | Promitti
S1-35 | A Bond that Lasts Forever
S1-36 | Uninvited
S1-37 | Torn
S1-38 | Rapture
S1-39 | Turning Point
S1-40 | Insanity
S1-41 | Bloodlust
SAD(not an update)
S1-42 | Unforgivable
S1-43 | Justice Awaits
S1-44 | Fratres Usque Ad Mortem
S1-45 | Out of Control
S1-46 | (Love) Bites
S1-47 | Good-bye ♠
S1-48 | Battlefield
S1-49 | Greed♦
S1-50 | The Curse ♦
S1-51 | Last Strike
S1-52 | The Beginning of an End
|Part Two Teaser/Hints|
|-|-|DETAILS|-|-|
Part Two (S2)
S2-53 | Unfriendly Visits
S2-54 | Royal Inquisition
S2-55 | The Bonds We Share
S2-56 | Desire
S2-57 | Master me, Master ♥
S2-58 | Veiled Intentions
S2-59 | Royal Intervention
S2-60 | Shattered ♦
S2-61 | Memoirs
S2-62 | Pounce♥
S2-63 | Unravel
S2-64 | Brewing War
S2-65 | First Wave
S2-66 | Masked
S2-67 | Black Veil
S2-68 | Revelations
S2-69 | Unexpected Ally
S2-70 | A Vow to Remember
S71 | A Prelude to the End
S2-72 | Bitter End
S2-73 | Shattered Reality
S2-74 | Behind the Curtain of Lies
Sorry
S2-75 | Gone
S2-76 | Past Reflections
S2-77 | The Grand Scheme
S2-78 | The Grand Scheme Part 2
S2-79 | The Child King
S2-80 | Vinculum Fidei
Epilogue
Please support my other works <3

S1-20 | Brave

12.6K 760 29
By FadeinBlue

S20. Brave

There was a burning sensation in my fingers that traveled up my arm, spiking a hot trail of pain down my limbs. I staggered to hold myself upright. The whole room was spinning. My ears were ringing. I couldn't focus on anything. It felt like just waking up when I was already awake.

What just happened?

I remember feeling an uncontrollable rage, a gut wrenching feeling that pushed me to it. I closed my eyes tightly as each fragment finally cleared out.

I attacked the man. The worst part – I couldn't even bear to think of.

I looked down at my claws streaked with red. The rustic smell of blood invaded my nostrils and I kept myself from gagging.

My clothes were splattered with blood and some. Bile rose in my throat as I spied the pool of red liquid I was standing on. Horror washed over me as realization finally sink in.

I did it. I killed the unknown man.

I didn't know what to feel. To be happy that I just avenge the death of my mother or be horrified that I finally give in to that other side of me.

My head throb rhythmically, and just then I heard a scream. I looked up and saw a nurse looking terrified at me. Her eyes wide in horror taking in the grisly look of the room. There were three people dead and blood was everywhere, in the floor, even staining the white-washed walls.

It was terrible. How could I do something like this?

The nurse was thinking the same. She started screaming for help while shaking in fear, watching me fearfully as if I would do the same thing to her. I bit my lip.

The voice started again in my head. 'Run. Run. Run'. It echoed achingly. I gritted my teeth. No more. I will not yield not again.

"Shut up! I am not you! And you will never take control of me again." I screamed. Everything went silent and when I looked up, there were three people looking at me with horrified expressions. I couldn't bear to be subjected to that and so, I ran.

In a mad dash, I heaved myself up the window and jump. Despite everything, I couldn't deny the feeling of exhilaration that surge in me as the air push past my body. I waited until my foot touched the ground. I looked up the fifth floor of the room. How I managed to stay alive after just jumping was amusing.

Gun shots echoed and I knew they were trying to shoot me down, like I was some wild animal. My claws could attest to that. I run away from the hospital into the safety of the woods. The sound of alarm was distant as I soon got farther. I care less if I run to exhaustion. I didn't even know where I was going. I had no one left now.

The next thing that happened was so sudden. A body slammed into me from my right. My legs got tangled to the other. I cried in pain as I skidded to a stop, partially able to dodge trees and not.

I looked up to my attacker. He was a tall man and he looked livid. I am guessing he was friends with the man I just killed in the hospital. And now just like me, he wanted revenge. And yet, I couldn't give in to him.

"You're going to die bitch!" he growled, his eyes morphing to a bright gold.

"Your friend said that to me too. Before I clawed his eyes out." I murmured in a voice that sound far too cold. I realized then that killing does that to you. It makes you unhuman. It undoes you in ways you can't fathom or even mend.

He growled louder. I could almost hear his teeth grinding in anger and yet I couldn't feel fear at all.

"Try to kill me." I said and found that I mean it. I wanted to die. Needed the protection of death from all the pain of living.

He gave me a sardonic smile. "Oh, it will not take long. He already did a number on you. " e said looking down at my shirt. I followed his gaze and spied the red stain my shirt. It was then that I felt it, a pain that made my knees buck.

I covered my mouth when I coughed. Glancing down, I looked quizzically at the blood smeared in it.

"I'm very proud of him. How does it feel to have a hole in there? I could wager you won't last long."

I couldn't speak as the pain finally made itself known. I was shaking and it was as if the strength in my legs became nonexistent as I fell on the ground. The man laughed spitefully.

"He must have used something so you won't be able to feel the pain when he kills you." He stood in front of me and yanked at my hair down. "How noble?" he hissed. "And yet you killed him."

The hate that reflected in his eyes made me cower.

"I will kill you slowly, that you'll wish you-"

He suddenly stopped and straightened, his smile getting wider.

Three wolves arrived, all growling ferociously, snapping their jaws in my direction. My stomach dropped.

"The party is about to start. I'm going to make you watch as each of my brother tore your limbs one by one."

One wolf growled, snapping his jaws as if in agreement.

The man looked down at me, bending down so he can whisper in my ear. "And make him feel all of this. He will be livid of course. How is that? The mighty Roarke Romanov finally feeling a loss? That's more than enough revenge."

My heart stuttered to a stop.

Roarke.

He was not behind all of this.

As if on cue, a growl once again resounded around us. The man straightened almost immediately, looking around. The wolves had their hackles raised in alarm, teeth barred for what was to come. And then it came, in a blur, a big black wolf flew past in front of me, tackling the man into the ground.

I knew it was him. He came for me.

The pain had numbed me greatly and I couldn't focus on anything at all. I could hear growling, whines of and grunts of pain and snapping of jaws. Between all of what was happening, I slipped in and out of consciousness. My eyes were trained on him, watching him, making sure he was all right and yet I got the feeling he didn't need it at all.

He looked graceful as he tackled them to the ground, snapping his jaws angrily at their necks until they moved no more. It felt forever until he tossed the remaining one in the ground. It was silent again. I could focus on the sound around us. It relaxed me a little. The black wolf suddenly disappeared and in a second, he was there, looming above me, his face a mask of anger.

I know it wasn't for me and yet I still shivered under his gaze.

He gently pulled me to a sitting position, pulling me closer to him. I was very aware he was naked and yet he seemed not to care.

"I'm carrying you back home." He said softly. My eyes fluttered closed. It was a struggle to force it open again.

I shook my head and I was sure I saw a vein throb in his forehead.

"You're impossible." He said exasperatedly and looked around us. His eyes narrowed.

"Let's get you down to the river."

In a second I was in his arms and we were on our way to the river. I snaked my arms around his nape and felt him stiffen but soon relax. His head dipped down to my exposed neck. I had a distant feeling he inhaled my scent and yet it felt normal, relaxing even.

We were soon wading down the river until the water reached his waist. I held in my breath as he slowly lowered himself and me into the water.

"Relax. You will heal." He whispered soothingly. I do what he says until we were both submerged in the water up to our necks. I couldn't feel pain anymore. I was just exhausted. My body sagged against his, seeking for comfort.

"I-I'm sorry." I murmured and I really was. I was naïve, not to realize that I was in danger because I was turned by a royal werewolf and could be a target of everybody who wants to get to them.

He didn't answer at first. He just held me, stroking my hair gently. "You were brave." He said, startling me a bit. "But very unguarded. I should teach you combat myself." He added.

"N-not your friend?" I asked tiredly.

"No. Not her. I will make sure this won't happen again." His hold tightened on me and I remembered what Dr. Morris said. "This is your problem Miss LeChat, you assume the worst of everybody."

Was I assuming worst of him?

Then it makes everything a lot worse.

Vote and Comment!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

325 5 6
Nikolai. Braxton. Derik. Three Alphas who have pledged to protect the humans in their territory. All they ask in return is one night with the virgins...
42.8K 1.3K 40
Book One of Beneath the surface series. Marisela, born into royalty, heir to the Greemalian Throne. A siren who has lived a lie her entire existence...
3.9K 916 30
Clara Mainn wasn't expecting a man with red eyes, black claws, and teeth as sharp as razors to attack in the night. Suddenly thrown into a world of...
1.9M 82.7K 55
Scars... Some are worn on the outside and read like a book, others are hidden on the inside, unseen but shape every fabric of our being. Alpha Chris...