If only it was an Illusion!

By Aafrynn

"you're no one to me", his words echoed in my ears but what was it all when he kissed me; merely an illusion... More

If Only It was an Illusion !
Chapter 1 : Start
Chapter 2: Comforting the discomfort
Chapter 3 : Personal or Professional?
Chapter 5 : Fate and Co incidence.
Chapter 6 : Loosening the knots
Chapter 7 : Seduction Game Strong !
Chapter 8 : Pallapora town
Chapter 9 : Party Party Party!
Chapter 10 : Not the girlfriend!
Chapter 11 : Picture cross
Chapter 12 : Shoot!
Chapter 13 : Drama at the devil's house
Chapter 14 : garage?
Chapter 15 :someone help !
Chapter 16 : Bungle in the jungle
Chapter 17 : Developing affection.
Chapter 18 : Can the jungle end ?
Chapter 19 : Stop chasing us.
Chapter 20 : Don't give up eh
Chapter 21 : Safe and sound?
Chapter 22 : A part of the jigsaw
Chapter 23 : Back to office .
Chapter 24 : The presentation.
Chapter 25 : The hotel mess
Chapter 26 : Happy and GAY?
Chapter 27 : Losing control
Chapter 28 : the note ?
Chapter 29 : Oh no no !
Chapter 30 : Out and About
Chapter 31 : What the eff
Chapter 32 : Ouch
Chapter 33 : Garden
Chapter 34 : Masquerade ball.
Chapter 35 : race till terrace
Chapter 36 :The real truth is...
Chapter 37 : Stop dominating.
Chapter 38 : His mansion , my tension.
Chapter 39 : Meet and greet.
Chapter 40 : In the bathroom.
Chapter 41 : No way out.
Chapter 42 : uh oh uh
Chapter 43 : The digger, not the gold one.
Chapter 44 : Birthday surprises.
Chapter 45 : Another dance or maybe chance?
Chapter 46 : Knowing everything.
Chapter 47 : The confession
Chapter 48 : An official 'date'
Chapter 49 : Keeping her on HOLD
Chapter 50 : Big Bang Party
Chapter 51 : With love, from James.
Chapter 52 : James plays Games.
Chapter 53 : Trick or Treat?
Chapter 54 : Found or Lost?
Chapter 55 : A beginning to an end.
Epilogue Part 1
Epilogue part 2
Whoring around Mr. Politician.
covers

Chapter 4 : Everything Good

26.5K 991 69
By Aafrynn

Amanda's POV

Everything about yesterday was so disturbing. I could not sleep in my bedroom so I chose to sleep next to my mom, on her bed, in her room. There was chaos, there was drama, and of course Mr. Reynolds's nature split. I couldn't really relate myself to my old life where things were so simple and ordinary. Now everything was extra-ordinary.

"Here sunshine, your cup of coffee ", mom passed the tray of coffee with some biscuits towards me. She looked quite disturbed and I knew she was not going to share her problems with me so I decided to stay patient until she tells me, all by herself.

"Thank you mom, A lot ", I gave her a comforting smile. Well if mom was not showing me her problems then it was null and void because lately, I'd been hiding my problems from her too. But it was for the best. I did not want her to get worried because she already had enough problems to deal with.

"So how's everything, my big girl ", Mom broke the silence.

"All good, just coping with the busy life and trying to adjust myself in the environment around ", I answered a bit late.

"You're my brave girl, you'll make through, love ", mom was so comforting that she made me forget all my problems for a while.

"How is Samarrah?" Did she contact you? When is she going to make it up with us? She said her completion to the course was just a month away, why isn't she here by now?" I flooded multiple questions upon mom at a time.

"She's okay and she's going to make it home, anytime soon" Mom answered in a short one-line sentence about her little daughter. Something made her nervous while answering things about Samarrah.

Samarrah? Yes, Samarrah was my 18-year-old little sister. She had been to the nearby city for pursuing an internship. We did contact each other frequently. We weren't really acquainted with each other like every sibling. We fought hard all the time. But, I missed and loved her. She was a year younger than me.

"Aren't you late for college?" Mom totally broke my connection with my conscience.

"Yes, Yeah I do ", I woke up instinctively and packed up my stuff as fast as I could.

I picked up a full-sleeved yellow shrug over a pale white tee. Leggings matched perfectly with my look. I examined my reflection in the mirror than thought for a while that will this dress go with the corporate atmosphere? Nevertheless, Mr. Reynolds would anyways shout at me.

After reaching college, the first thing I did was contacted Gina and Francis because I wanted to sit with them, staying alone in the class sucked. Your classmate's judge, try to bully you and etc.

"How are you so early today?" Francis was in a complete shock.

"Pinch me France ", Gina turned towards Francis aka France. We called him France because it annoyed him a bit more than most. I winked doing a quick hair flip.

The bell ranged for the lecture. In the class, we couldn't talk much because Mrs. Susanne was in a bad mood. She was giving detentions even to the students who dropped their jaws open.

We definitely got a good time for gossiping during the break. We were talking to each other while eating and then suddenly the yellow teeth guy aka Samuel showed up. His face was red, his lips stretched into a smile from ear to ear. Well, precisely, he was blushing whilst looking at Gina. Francis dug his chin in his chest and watched Gina with cornered eyes. I knew that something was fishy.

I pouted and raised my brows while looking towards Gina. Gina knew that I had the TELL-ME-OR-I-KILL-YOU expression. She nodded her head which meant that she'll give me clear detailing of the picture after he's gone.

"So, why that blush, Samuel ", I cornered my eyes and focused my attention towards Samuel. I was teasing him on purpose.

He kept silent for a while, then continued "Nothing really".God! I had the desire to whiten his teeth by painting it with my white paint every time he opened his mouth.

"I understand Sam, only if you're comfortable ", I changed the topic because I was not a hardcore bitch anyway. I just tried to tease him as I was yet frustrated over the fact that he didn't lend me his assignment a year ago. I could've failed because of him. Thanks to Gina.

After a while Samuel excused himself and I was more than glad because now was the time when I can know Gina's secrets about last night."What?" Gina questioned as she arched her eyebrows.

"I need every minute detail okay? It's my basic right."

Francis was about to utter a word when Gina playfully slapped him, "I'll tell my part of the story and France will tell his"

"Are you guys even virgin", I pouted in annoyance.

"Well maybe, I am not", Francis murmured, "of course yes ", Gina exclaimed.

"We were dancing last night, then all of a sudden, Samuel brushed his lips with mine. It was just the spur of the moment", Gina blushed.

"Don't tell me you kissed his yellow teeth along with his lips ", I was obnoxious of course.

"I did kiss him back. I won't lie because France was right there staring at me and annoying me", she blushed again and then continued "It was kind of a sweet one, so yeah I could not taste his yellow teeth"

"Maybe if you would have kissed me, I'd give you the taste of both worlds", Francis cut her off.

"France, Not again ", we both shouted together and then Gina made an air quotation towards him which meant that it was time to hear his part of the story.

"It was a sensuous night, that girl was a bomb. She initiated and I completed everything. I would have said the story in detail but first I need to make sure that you guys are really legal", Gina frown-pouted and I was curious so I questioned, "How about taking this relationship further?"

"Mad or what, she already has a boyfriend. So what happened that night stays the last night and loses its relevance in the following morning ", Francis smirked

"Fuck Boy", Gina murmured

Francis wiggled his brows, made a funny face and slightly pouted and answered "I heard that"

"Good for you", Gina was definitely angry by now "What happened yesterday, after we left?"

I told them the whole story, word by word. How that guy tried raping me and how Mr. RR (Aaron Reynolds) helped me.

"This guy Is truly facing multiple personality disorder, stay careful, okay", Gina replied all of a sudden and we all started laughing. I'll always cherish our moments, years later. Time wasting with them was not actually wasted. We talked like detectives and gossiped like the aunties in their mid 30's. I could stay there and talk to them all day but then I was alarmed that I had a job to attend

"Office time", I broke the conversation after some time and waved each one of them goodbye.

"Good luck with the Samuel guy", I winked looking at Gina. Saying goodbye is actually difficult. You tend to say that person bye so many times because you don't actually mean it and then you have to force yourself out of that situation, with all the guts you possess.

I stepped into my office premises. The college premises were so energetic and lively, here it felt so dull and boring. I felt stepping out of it the moment I entered. Every moment here was passing through hell and something today was really awkward and weird. Everyone present in the office stared at me like I was the runaway bride. Like I had murdered someone and ran away from prison and the police were in search of me.

I did not look at anyone right in their eyes. I was too embarrassed after everything about yesterday. Yes, it did get me a lot of footage and now I don't have to introduce myself to anyone because everyone now knew me.

I finally reached my cabin and carefully folded my new red dress which I left on the chair the night before. I then looked at all my mails and tried focusing on my work.

1 hour down!

2 hours down!

I was yet working because it was at least better than the drama I've been having in my life lately.

-Knock Knock-

"Yeah, come in! ", I did not even look at the door as if I did, I would've lost focus and regaining it would take a lot of time.

On hearing a 'hello' from a masculine voice, I quickly looked towards the direction from where the voice came from.

There was a guy somewhere in his mid 20's. He wore a Black formal shirt and paired it with beige trousers. He had brown hair which really complimented his eyes. He smiled carelessly after looking at me and I wondered why.

"Call me James", He finally initiated the conversation with an introduction.

"I'm Amanda, nice meeting you James ", I replied with a smile because I had to make friends in this office if I had to survive.

"Yes, I know that, well, in fact, all of us know that after yesterday ", he replied with a smile as he took gradual steps close to me.

"I'm annoyed already now ", I faced myself towards the window which was totally at the opposite direction

He took the nearest chair, in front of my table "Please don't be. I'd not really appreciate annoying a beautiful woman like you"

"I don't really prefer flirting around in the office premises ", I cut him off straightforwardly.

"Blunt eh?" he was quite quick with his replies.

I smirked as I answered "Yes, of course. I take that as a compliment. Why don't you tell me something about you since you know everything about me already?"

"I'm the manager of this company as well as a good friend of Aaron. I came here to check-in and have a word with his secretary who happens to be a girl", he was really specific with the term "girl"

"Wait! What? No other secretary of my boss was a girl ", I was alarmed by the fact."Is he gay?" I ended my sentence with an amusing question.

"No! No, he's not a gay ", he chortled and continued, "It's just that he doesn't like a woman's company unless it is on his bed. So, I was wondering why Aaron chose you "

"I don't have an answer to this question but I guess we have some history", I told him the whole story.

"That's too small for a matter to affect Aaron, I feel, but since you're unaware too let's not talk about it, and by the way, nice meeting you Amanda ", James was trying to be formal.

"Nice meeting you too James ", I acted formally too.

"Aaron has some work with you. Attend him in a while but make it quick", he finally told me the actual purpose he was here for.

"Yeah, definitely", I stood up and shook his hands which basically office people do when they wave goodbye. I saw it in the movies. Well, it was really a realistic gesture and was a must, I then realized. It wasn't the only thing I realized at that moment. The other thing which knocked down my mind was that James was saying the lines Francis told me earlier. If Mr. Reynolds had a purpose to admit me here, then I had to find out what sort of.

On completing the last portion of work, I paved my way towards the Devil's cabin, and this time I was prepared for everything.

"You're going to do even the ugliest of his works with a smile okay?" I rhetorically questioned myself.

"Can I come in sir?", I asked Mr. Reynolds permission for getting in.

"Sure, Miss Waters ", he looked quite cheerful and he had a big trophy on his table so I now knew the real reason behind his happiness.

"I got this yesterday, I invited some guests from the television network (media) to forecast this on the television so I want you to take care of those guests properly because even the slightest mistake can ruin the reputation and it is supposed to be a social media stunt for raising the reputation of my company. Be careful", He finally exhaled after leaving all the words out of his lips. Well, I don't want to say this but his blue eyes were so mesmerizing. I had to really keep my hormones sane as the view I beheld of his beautiful face was something I couldn't take my eyes off from.

His black suit fitted his body perfectly. His defined jaw was surfaced by subtle beards making his look sexier. His straight nose was carved artistically on his ethereal face. I or any other girl who was attracted in men couldn't stop making cute illusions in her mind after encountering such a human.

Focus Amanda, he hates you and you hate him back, I tried regaining my attention while talking to myself but his face and body was really distracting.

Mr. Reynolds emptied the jar of water in a glass and came towards me holding the same in his right hand, and suddenly, I heard a clash. The glass united with the floor and the water surfaced it along with small pieces of the glass.

"You did that on purpose right?" I interrogated.

"Just a mere representation of you from the past who wanted to seek attention ", he was annoyed by my yesterday's mistake and I don't really blame him because it was me who was at fault.

"I apologize for the mistake but it was a genuine one, I swear ", I said with all the innocence.

"Tell a 4-year kid about it and he will believe. I gave the waitress's costume to you and you tried spoiling my party, fair enough. You are really not as innocent as you look Miss Waters", He raised his eyebrows and then continued "You are cunning and intelligent"

"You cannot tell me or blame me for things I didn't do Sir", I frowned.

"We're running short of time Miss Waters. Grab a mop and clean this shit. I don't want my guests to encounter such a mess", he pointed towards the mop.

I knew it was my fault so without uttering a word and with a genuine smile, I took the mop and started cleaning the mess. It felt like I was his personal maid. I couldn't really object to it since I signed the contract papers already. Through hell or back, I had to stick to this job, with him.

And when I almost completed, I looked at him and replied: "Done". Whilst looking at the floor, small droplets of blood caught my attention. I now knew how the glass shattered into pieces. I, let my gaze travel till his hands. There was a deep cut on his right palm which bled continuously.

So instead, I went towards his table and removed some tissues from the box, grabbed his hand, and placed the tissues tightly over the bleeding area so as to stop the continuously flooding blood.

"What are you doing Miss Waters?" he tried pulling his hand away but I had a tight grip over it.

"Clearing the mess so accordingly I'm listening to your orders." the blood almost stopped. I opened his desk's drawer and took possession over the first aid box. I quickly removed the antiseptic cream and applied it over.

I really hated this guy but also I could not see him in pain. He saved me yesterday and today, I returned the favor. Though, it was very less comparatively.

"I need to push you out of my cabin", he said angrily, he yanked away from his hands away from my hold.

"After the guests leave", I took the nearest chair to settle my ass on.

Hopefully, the meeting with the guests was not really long and it didn't include any of my clumsy behavior. After the guests left, I paved my way towards my cabin.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

On Run By winterchild10

Mystery / Thriller

813 21 5
You can be forced to fear but not to love. ** His face was inches away, I was too stunned to do anything. He very softly whispered in my ear " I don'...
1.2M 41K 52
Ranked #1 in adventureedition Ranked #27 in justwriteit *** His hands moved up my thighs seductively. "You're mine......" his voice was nothing but...
22.7K 1.1K 8
DISCRETION SERIES - BOOK 4 (spin-off) " Here you are, gentlemen. Let me know if there's anything else I can do for you " God, her voice sounds like s...
929K 27.5K 38
Nov, 09, 2020 : #1 in romance May, 14, 2021 : #1in respect May, 14, 2021 : #4 in lovestory "Don't try and act all nice to me. I know girls like you...