Insane Screams | s.s.

By quititstilinski

-I do not own any of the teen wolf characters- Fresh out of Eichenhouse, and holding back the screams that wo... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
author's note

Chapter 11

1.4K 34 33
By quititstilinski

{Word Count: 1440}

I turned into my room, closing the door behind me.

"We can share the bed, or I could sleep on the floor I don't really care," I mumbled, pulling my hair into a high ponytail.

"We can share the bed, I don't care," Lydia shrugged, "I think it's time someone's taught you."

"Taught me what?" I sat down on the bed, peeling off my socks.

"How to use your voice," she smiled.

"You're going to teach me?" I asked.

"Of course, if we concentrate enough, we can literally shatter someone's skull," Lydia took a seat next to me.

"That's scary yet cool.." I trailed off, turning to look at her.

"Who taught you?"

"A girl named Meredith," she nodded.

"Was she a banshee too?" I bit my bottom lip.

"Yeah," Lydia flipped her hair back behind her.

I nodded slowly, "tomorrow then?"

"The sooner the better," she smiled at me.

"Alright, I'm gonna put my pajamas on."

-the next morning-

"Olympia!"

I shot up from out of my sleep, my heart was racing.

"What? I'm awake," my eyes wide open, scanning around the room.

No one...

"Finally, get dressed, we're going somewhere," Lydia said, standing in the doorway.

"Was that you?" I asked.

"Was what me?" She asked, skeptical.

"Nothing, I'll be ready in 10 minutes," I got out from under my covers.

"Alright."

I dragged my feet over to my door and closed it, I turned around and approached my drawer. I picked out a light blue skater skirt, a white thank top with gold arrows scattered on it. I slid the articles of clothing on, tucking the tank top into the skirt. I brushed out my hair and pulled half of it it into a pony tail. I opened my window to test the temperature outside. It was kinda chilly so I decided to slide a black cardigan on over the tank top. I threw my pajamas on top of my bed, and grabbed a pair of white ankle socks out of my drawer, I left my room and rushed down the stairs.

"I'm ready," I mumbled, still half asleep.

I walked over to my combat boots and slid them on after I put my socks on.

"Where are you two going?" Stiles asked, standing in the kitchen.

"Outside," Lydia shrugged.

"Alright," his tone hinted a bit of question, "where outside?"

"The forest, don't worry I'll take good care of her," Lydia smiled.

"I'd hope so," he raised his eyebrows.

"Crap, I left my phone upstairs," I mumbled, "I'll be right back."

I rushed up the steps and grabbed my phone off of its charger and span out of my room. I flattened out my skirt when I reached the bottom step, Lydia had her keys in her hand and was standing by the door.

"Are you ready now?" She asked.

"Yes," I nodded, "cya Stiles!"

I followed Lydia out of the door, and into her car.

"So where are we going?" I asked.

"The forest, you didn't think I was kidding, I'm not gonna take us out in public and make people go deaf," Lydia explained.

"I see.."

Lydia took a few turns here and there and before I knew it we were on dirt roads the trees casting shadows over the car.

"Here should do fine," Lydia mumbled, pulling off the dirt road a bit before taking the keys out of the ignition.

We got out of the car simultaneously, but Lydia popped her trunk and pulled a watermelon out of the trunk.

"Uhm, me too, I carry watermelons with me everywhere," I joked.

"I'm gonna have you break the watermelon open with your scream," she informed, struggling to carry it and set it down in the dirt and leaves.

"As banshees, we can create screams loud enough vibrate the particles in the air, like those people who can sing high enough to break glass," she started explaining, "if you can center it on a point, you could seriously damage something."

"So how do I do that? I can't even scream on command," I huffed, crossing my arms over my chest.

"Yes you can, you just have to channel it."

"I can't, Lydia, they tried, it never worked."

"I don't think you were trying hard enough," she shrugged.

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"I think you could try harder now that you know it means something," She pointed out.

"Lydia, I can't," I huffed, frowning.

"You can, Crack open the watermelon!" She waved her hand to it.

"Lydia," I whined.

She glared at me, using her hands, it was like it guided her voice, she screamed the watermelon bursting open. I stared at her then at the watermelon, there was no way I could do that.

"You're lucky, I bought more than one watermelon," She smiled retreating towards her car, grabbing another green object out of the back of her car.

I heaved a sigh as she set down the watermelon, I crossed my arms over my chest.

"Just think Olympia, you'll be able to fight for yourself if you learn how to do this, no more relying on others to save you, plus it's totally badass," She gave me a reassuring smile.

I shook my head looking towards the watermelon, "You can do it, Olympia."

I cleared my throat, looking at the watermelon, when the voices in my head got louder, I looked at Lydia who was now staring intently ahead of me. I looked towards where Lydia was looking, It was Hayden, sitting against a tree, blood coming out of a cut on her head, her breathing was labored. The sun somehow disappeared and it was dark outside, the moon shining behind her.

"No, please," the words barely audible out of her throat.

A shadow covered her whole body, and my eyes widened, I mumbled 'Hayden' under my breath before letting a sharp scream rip out of my throat, My ears were greeted with another sharp scream. The trees around us were shaking, the watermelon had literally exploded and landed around us in pieces. When our screams came to an end, I heard a tree creak, my eyes widened as I looked at Lydia, who was observing what we did to the poor watermelon.

"Lydia!" I yelled, a loud, a deafening crack was heard throughout the forest, the tree came tumbling down, causing the ground beneath us to tremble.

I reached out to rest my hand against a still standing tree, looking at Lydia, who was wide eyed in astonishment.

"Did we?" Lydia asked.

I nodded, gulping, "I think we did."

My phone rang out of the silence, Lydia's phone came next, "It's Scott," she informed.

"Mine's Stiles," I clicked the green button and held it up to my ear.

"Heyyy Stiles," I tried to sound casual.

"Was that you guys?!" He half-yelled into the phone.

"Was it really that bad?" I asked, biting my bottom lip.

"Bad?! I think the entirety of California heard you two!"

I flinched lightly at his tone, "We knocked a tree over," I tried to change the subject.

"You knocked? You KNOCKED a TREE over, as in it came crashing to the ground?!"

"And we made a watermelon explode?" My voice came out a squeak.

"Oh.. Oh my god, you two- my dad just called me, before I called you, obviously, asking me, what the hell was going on, the sheriff's station is a mess, phone calls every two seconds, 'I heard a scream'" his impersonation of a cranky old lady made me smile.

"Sorry?"

"What were you two screaming about anyway, was it Hayden again?" He asked, calming down a little.

"We should probably see you in person for that, get Scott and I'll send you our location," I sighed, looking over at Lydia who was inspecting the broken tree.

He hung up and I sent him our location, turning to join Lydia who was looking at the stump. The wood was splintered, like someone forced it off of it's trunk. I bit my bottom lip and turned back to look at the remnants of the watermelon.

"So that's what happens when two banshee's scream at the same time, did you see it too?" I asked, walking over to the tree Hayden was leaning against, "what was that?"

"It was a premonition," Lydia educated.

"Like a vision, of Hayden..." I trailed.

"Yeah."

I nodded, chewing on the inside of my lip, I sat against the tree trunk how Hayden was in the 'vision'. That premonition or whatever was something I didn't want to experience again. I turned to look at the dirt road to see a light blue jeep making it's way towards us, I sighed, closing my eyes before getting up.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.4K 291 30
i made a fist and not a plan. [ FEM!OC / STILES STILINSKI ] [ TEEN WOLF S5 ]
2.2K 47 21
Lindsey and the gang need to stay together and figure out how to save everyones lives one last time. [season 6a & 6b] ( I DO NOT OWN TEEN WOLF OR TH...
1.1M 19.3K 154
☼ imagines and preferences for the teen wolf characters. [ WRITTEN WHEN I WAS YOUNG, SOME ARE BAD ] mtv's teen wolf -gothlunch 2016-2017 COMPLE...
809K 23K 69
**COMPLETED** Harlow Stilinski has known about the supernatural world since she was in highschool with Derek Hale being her best friend and all that...