Baby Doll (Harry Styles)

By Wonderwall123

In a corrupt community, young girls are sold to men as mere objects of pleasure and they are kept for as long... More

Prologue
Chapter 1 - Misfortune
Chapter 2 - Pretty Face
Chapter 3 - Boy
Chapter 4 - Fear
Chapter 5 - Intimidation
Chapter 6 - Trapped
Chapter 7 - Lullaby
Chapter 8 - Between Us
Chapter 10 - Aggressive
Chapter 11 - Dishonest
Chapter 12 - Angels Watching
Chapter 13 - Shattered
Chapter 14 - Decisions
Chapter 15 - Exposed
Chapter 16 - Morning
Chapter 17 - Displeased
Chapter 18 - Conflict
Chapter 19 - Home
Chapter 20 - Revelations
Chapter 21 - Out Of Place
Chapter 22 - Wrong
Chapter 23 - Crippled
Chapter 24 - Shock
Chapter 25 - Misconceptions
Chapter 26 - In The Way
Chapter 27 - Trust
Chapter 28 - Reckless
Chapter 29 - Change
Chapter 30 - Rage
Chapter 31 - Fragile
Chapter 32 - Lost
Chapter 33 - Cold
Chapter 34 - Alive
Chapter 35 - Conscience
Chapter 36 - Doubts
Chapter 37 - Hostile
Chapter 38 - Panic
Chapter 39 - 48 Hours
Chapter 40 - Lies
Chapter 41 - Deal
Chapter 42 - Him
Chapter 43 - Unfamiliar
Chapter 44 - Naive
Chapter 45 - Secrets
Chapter 46 - Dreary
Chapter 47 - Time
Chapter 48 - Doll
Chapter 49 - Darkest
Chapter 50 - Weak
Chapter 51 - Sick
Chapter 52 - Leave
Chapter 53 - Real
Chapter 54 - Run
Chapter 55 - Reality
Chapter 56 - Dream
Chapter 57 - Heart
Chapter 58 - Cut
Chapter 59 - Always
Chapter 60 & Epilogue

Chapter 9 - Consequences

1.4M 21.7K 9.1K
By Wonderwall123

Things were beginning to take a turn. Maybe my luck was actually changing. Although terribly controlling at times, Harry wasn't as bad as I thought he'd be. When he told me that I didn't have to do anything I didn't want, I was relieved.

I was thankful to him when allowed me to go for a short walk outside. I promised that I wouldn't do anything reckless and seemingly, he trusted me. But sneaking a phone call at a booth wouldn't hurt, would it?

I made sure I closed the door of the booth properly before I pushed in a coin and picked up the phone. My fingers quickly pressed the buttons, punching in  the only sequence of numbers I remembered.

My call was quickly answered.  I was instantly calmed when I heard the voice I'd been aching to hear for the longest time.

"Hello? Who is this?"

"It's Lia. Darren, it's me."

"God, Lia..." I heard him murmur. "I swear I'm going to beat the shit out of that Richard guy and whoever you're living with now. I'm going to-"

"Darren, stop."

"I just... I - I'm not going to let you get hurt." He lowered his voice, his concern showed in it.

"God, I miss you."

"Lia, we're going to do something about all this. I know some people who can help... you just need to hang on for a little bit longer. Can you call more often?"

"No, it's too risky. I don't know what'll happen if I get caught doing this."

"You need to write then. Write to us and we won't send anything back. I'm going to be with your family for quite a while. I need to know if you're okay."

"I'll try."

The sudden thump on the door of the booth made me tense up. Before I could respond, the door was pulled open. The phone was quickly dropped from my hands and conveniently, the line was cut off as well.

"What the hell are you doing?" Harry had his hands on the frame of the booth door, preventing me from escaping.

"I was just..." I trailed off, my fingers scratching the tips of one another.

"I trusted you to take a small walk outside and come back peacefully but you just had to screw things up, didn't you?"

He grabbed my wrist and dragged me outside. "You don't understand, I-"

"This is what I get for being nice, huh?" He spat, pulling me by the arm as he walked back to the house. "Who were you talking to anyway? My dad could get in trouble for this, you know that!"

"You wouldn't have to be afraid if you weren't doing anything wrong!" I retorted.

"Look, I know this is wrong. Believe me, I protested against all this shit. And, I'm sure every other guy would agree, I'd much rather take home a different girl every night than be stuck with one sex-phobe." He snarled when we reached the doorstep. "But my dad always gets it his way so here I am,"

Harry grappled at the knob before it was flung open. "And there you are." He finished as he pushed me inside.

I hated how quickly he could transition into a rowdy and aggressive person. He needed to be checked by a doctor.

Harry held the door open as he puffed out a sigh. "I'm going out now and I need you to behave, do you understand?"

I didn't reply. The aftermath of Harry's actions was my focal point. My arm was hurting and it was most probably bruised. My eyebrows curved into a frown, expressing discontent.

"Don't try to do anything funny. There are consequences." He warned, picking up his car keys.

 _______________

As usual, Harry still hadn't returned and it was night.

I found a pen on the table by the entrance door and I'd gotten myself a few pieces of paper from some untidy notebooks scattered about the living room floor. Harry had spent last night 'finishing up his college assignment' and he hadn't picked up after himself yet. Not that he does usually.

He fell asleep after a few minutes of casually flipping through the pages of a text book. According to him, that was his 'study night'. I didn't think he would notice a few papers missing from the notebooks he barely even touched.

I'd taken up two full pages when my fingers were beginning to grow tired. The first paper was for my mother and brother, and the second was for Darren. But I was a little embarrassed when I realised that I needed more than one paper for Darren. I hadn't seen him in so long and I needed tell him so many things. 

When I was finally done, I folded the papers and slipped them into an envelope I found in the drawers. My thumbs pressed along the folds, enclosing it.

I decided I'd give it to the mail man personally in the morning. Harry couldn't know. Putting it in the mailbox would be too risky.

I threw myself on the living room couch when I sorted out things in my mind. I looked around the living room and shook my head at the repurcussion of Harry's party last night. Mrs Briffen would be met with hell tomorrow.

The house was still a huge mess. Where I lived, everything was kept spick and span eventhough the little apartment room wouldn't even be considered a proper home compared to this mansion.

My judgmental thoughts were kept aside when the knob of the entrance door turned. Harry's driver had dropped him off. I quickly forced the envelope into the pocket of my jeans.

Harry stumbled in before leaning back against the door, closing it. He was drunk, again. His heavy eyes looked like they had a hard time keeping open as his keys were dropped to the floor. He let out muffled groans, mumbling things I couldn't understand.

I watched the strange being advance towards the stairs, his hands hovering about in search of something to hold onto.

I was startled when Harry fell on the stairs. For a moment I actually worried that he might be dead because there was a possibility that I'd get sued for murder. But fortunately for him his head missed the hard marble below. I wondered how he was still alive after all these late night drinking sessions.

It kind of surprised me how Harry's so called 'friends' weren't there for him to make sure he was alright. After all, they were drinking and partying with him. And his father never checked up on him. Even his driver couldn't care less if he would be able to get into his bed safely.

He wasn't surrounded by people who cared for him. Maybe that was why he was such a spiteful person.

"Shit. Shit stairs. Damn you." Harry slurred as he attempted to lift himself up from the stairs.

When he finally managed to stand up again, he began to walk up the stairs. He took heavy, uncertain steps that made me flinch. When he was halfway up the staircase, he fell once more and I found myself running up to him.

I just couldn't bear to see anyone fall and possibly die. "Here," I pulled his arm, helping him get on his feet again. He accepted my aid and hung his arm around my shoulders. He was heavier than I thought he'd be but I managed to help him get to the top.

"Tina gave away... cake pops." Harry murmured airily before letting out a small chuckle as I assisted him in getting to his room.

"You know what cake pops are, Lia? I can call you Lia right?" He questioned flippantly as he collapsed onto the safest thing in sight - his bed.

I didn't answer him, as we was drunk and nothing really mattered to him now. I stretched my arm, relaxing it. I turned and was about to leave the room when Harry gripped my wrist. "Why won't you talk to me?"

"You're drunk." I simply replied, trying to pull my hand away.

He tugged me closer and I whimpered as my knees fell to the ground. "So?"

"I need to go, Harry." I told him firmly.

He supported himself with his elbows as he sat up a little, his hand still choking my wrist. "Everyone goes. Why?"

"How am I supposed to know?"  I gave him a frank and straightforward reply.

He had nothing to say to that. He kept silent and looked straight at me. I nervously cleared my throat when Harry let go of my wrist and moved his hand up to my hair.

"That song you sang... my mum sang it." He said lowly.

My heartbeat quickened when he pulled at the elastic band that kept my ponytail in place - just like how he'd done before. I frowned when my locks dropped over my shoulders.

Before I could do anything, he pressed his lips against mine. I froze. Everything became a blur.

My eyes were peeled wide as he gradually disconnected our lips. Harry's were hidden behind his heavy lids. The tip of his nose brushed along my cheek before travelling down to my lips, where it quickly swiped across the cupid's bow.

He then drew back completely, the weight of his body plunging down onto the bed once again. Instantly, he was asleep. But I was wide awake with confusion. This was the first time I'd ever been kissed.

________

My twitter: wonder_wall123 :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.8K 171 29
Mankind's fate will not be one of simplicity and luxury. Instead it will be an unprecedented experiment of survival played on a communal level. Only...
1K 7 10
Short stories. A collection of indepent works, mainly science fiction, dystopian, and even fantasy. Enjoy
100 0 58
It is the year 2030, and in many countries across the world, children rise up against adult society. From now on, all adults are under the control of...
10 0 8
All Cassidy ever knew was what lied in the 4 walls she grew up in. But when she's thrown into an unknown world, sold for slavery under someone of pow...