Marriage Mistake

By Mjknee

Meghan had the perfect life. She was the president of the Towns Council, she married her high school sweethea... More

Chapter 1- Busy Day And Caught
Chapter 2- Neighbour Boy and Coffee Shop
Chapter 3- Meetings And Tears
Chapter 4- Missing Twins And Meeting Sister
Chapter 5- Secret Daughters And An Ambulance
Chapter 6- Brains And Surgery
Chapter 7- Hospital Room And Anger
Chapter 8- Twins And A Resturant
Chapter 9- Chemo And A Meeting
Chapter 10- Moving And Building
Chapter 11- Marriage And Alcohol
Chapter 12- Ultrasound and Beer
Chapter 13- Gunshots and Sisters
Chapter 14- Names And Fights
Chapter 15- Best Friends and Boyfriends
Chapter 16- Engagements and Fights
Chapter 17- Surprises and A Party
Chapter 18- Wrecked Houses and Invites
Chapter 19- Perfect Night and Thoughts
Chapter 20- Swimming and A Date
Chapter 21- Houses and Sick Kids
Chapter 22- A Month and A Letter
Chapter 23- Invitations and Work
Chapter 24- Wedding and A Visit
Chapter 25- Back In Town and Mixed Feelings
Chapter 26- Night Out and Memories
Chapter 27- Accident and The Hospital
Chapter 28- Fights and Going Home
Chapter 30- Big Help and Rehab
Chapter 31- Storm and A Letter
Chapter 32- A Drunk and A Call
Chapter 33- He's Back and Dangerous
Chapter 34- Breakfast and Soccer
Chapter 35- Lazy Day and Shopping
Chapter 36- Court and A Burger Place
Chapter 37- One Month and One Kid Later
Chapter 38- Christmas and A Job Trip
Chapter 39- A Phone Call and Leaving
Chapter 40- Hospital Visit and The Future
Chapter 41- Dreams and Friends Again
Chapter 42- Daycare and An Old Friend
Chapter 43- Christmas Eve
Chapter 44- Christmas Morning and A Burger
Chapter 45- Couch Sleeper and A Mom
Chapter 46- BPD and Spaghetti
Chapter 48- Letter and Supper
Chapter 49- Break In and A Stabbing
Chapter 49- A Drunk and A Glass Of Wine
Chapter 50- I Love You.
Chapter 51- Visiting Sister and An Idea
Chapter 52- Let's Have A Baby
Chapter 53- Farm and Declined Offer
Chapter 54- Let's Go On A Trip
Chapter 55- Dinner and A Beach Walk
Chapter 56- No One Told Me
Chapter 57- Seeing Her Happy
Chapter 58- Friday and Photographs
Chapter 59- It's A Wedding
Chapter 60- Friday
Chapter 61- Baby Shower
Chapter 62- He's Here
Chapter 63- He Needs You
Chapter 64- New Life
Alternate Ending!

Chapter 47- Sunday Spaghetti and Groceries

7.3K 248 7
By Mjknee

"I told her to leave." Chris says, walking into the bedroom. I'm sat on the bed feeding Briella and watching tv.
"Where's she gonna go?" I ask, laying the bottle down on the nightstand.

"She's gonna stay on the couch at the apartment. It's the best I can give her. And you." He says, taking his dirty clothes from work off. As he takes his shirt off I can't help but stare. I wanna say something about his hotness but I know he's in serious mode after his talk with Alana.

"How'd she take it?" I ask instead.
"Didn't seem like she cared too much." He says, sitting down on the bed, slipping his shirt on. "You didn't like her staying here and I should've asked before inviting her." 

I smile and kiss him quickly. I get off the bed and go to the babies room to put Briella down for the night. When she's down I go back to the bedroom and crawl into bed, cuddling into Chris.  

I wake up the next morning to the sound of the doorbell ringing. I glance over at the clock and look at the clock. 5:30. I push the blankets off me and place my feet on the floor. I go down the stairs and turn the corner, turning the porch light on outside. I open the door and see no one stood there but there's a bag on the ground with a piece of paper attached to it. I pick it up and bring it inside, shutting the door and turning off the porch light. I go to the kitchen and lay the bag on the counter. I read the note first.

Thanks for letting me into your home. I wanted to say thanks by giving you this. -Alana

I open the bag and see spaghetti. A container of spaghetti. I roll my eyes and throw it in the garbage. It's probably poisoned or something. I turn the lights off and go back upstairs to bed.

* * * *
~2 Weeks Later~ 

2 weeks have went by and every Sunday a container of spaghetti on the front porch at the same time. I figure she's just being nice. Chris is at work today while the girls are at school. I don't have any plans today except for going and checking up on the house. He has 3 people staying there now and every week he goes over and see how everything is. I get the babysitter to come over when I'm done work so I can go over to the house. I work every day now except for weekends. It's a good schedule. Works great because Chris is off at the same time as me. I get to the house and get out of the van, going inside. It doesn't sound like anyone is home. The place is pretty clean except for a few dirty dishes in the sink. I walk around the bottom floor, looking for anything out of the normal but everything is normal. I walk upstairs and check up there. Every door is open so I can peek inside. I get to the end of the hallway but the door is shut. I don't bother opening it since that's invasion of privacy. I am pretty curious about what it looks like in there but I won't snoop. I turn around and go back downstairs and leave the house. As I'm walking out the door I see Alana walk into the driveway. She's carrying some bags in her hands.

"Hi." She smiles. "How is everything?"
"Good." I smile back.

"Pretty sunny days. Summer weather will soon be here."
"Yeah." I say, getting into the van.
"You guys should come over for dinner some day. Just the 2 of you. The boys are out of town for the week."
"What day?" I ask, starting the vehicle.

"Wednesday."
"We'll try and make it." I say, backing out of the driveway.

* * * *

I get home and give the babysitter her money. She leaves and I decide to get some groceries.

I put the kids in the van we take off towards the grocery store.

Levi holds my hand as I push the cart around the store and pick things out. I'm in the baby section of the store when I turn the cart around to leave the aisle. I'm shocked when I see someone I haven't seen in forever stood there. Macy.

"What are you doing here?" I ask, pulling her into a friendly hug.
"We moved back. I met a guy and we're doing really well." She smiles.
"Well I'm glad you guys are here. I was really worried when you just up and left."

"I really just had to clear my head after what Brad did."
"I feel ya." I chuckle. 

We sat our goodbyes and plan a dinner date for Thursday when I'm done work. I glance down at my phone and it's 4. The girls are probably already home, shit.  
* * * *
I get home and see the girls sat out on the front porch. I apologize for not being here and they just run inside to play. I bring the kids in and then go back out for the groceries. As I'm bringing them in I spot something moving in the corner of my eye. I glance in the direction I seen it move and don't see anything there. Just one of those moments I guess.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Isabella By Amber

General Fiction

14.2M 432K 34
When Ashley found out that she was pregnant with twins, she couldn't wait to share the good news with her husband. But when he got home later that ni...
938 23 9
Erin's life fell apart, a divorce, a major accident that left her in a coma and she lost her child. Somehow she overcame all this and moved on with l...
1.6M 24.4K 76
Love. As 'beautiful' as love can be it hurts and bleeds. If you're unlucky you may even love the very person you know you can't have. The best friend...
119K 1.8K 33
Could they have that perfect family they both desire? or will it fall apart faster than they can say " i love you " ?