The Silent Alpha (Re-publishi...

By NonnieBonnie97

Victoria has always had a hard time in life, and being the only Deaf girl in her town is no walk in the park... More

The Silent Alpha: The Beckon- Chapter 1
The Silent Alpha: The Beckon- Chapter 2
The Silent Alpha: The Beckon- Chapter 3
The Silent Alpha: The Beckon: Chapter 4
The Silent Alpha: The Beckon- Chapter 6
The Silent Alpha: The Beckon- Chapter 7
The Silent Alpha: The Beckon- Chapter 8
The Silent Alpha: The Beckon- Chapter 9
The Silent Alpha: The Beckon- Chapter 10
The Silent Alpha: The Beckon- Chapter 11
The Silent Alpha: The Beckon- Chapter 12
The Silent Alpha: The Beckon- Chapter 13
The Silent Alpha: The Beckon- Chapter 14
The Silent Alpha: The Beckon- Chapter 15
The Silent Alpha: The Beckon- Chapter 16
The Silent Alpha: The Beckon- Chapter 17
The Silent Alpha: The Beckon- Chapter 18
The Silent Alpha: The Beckon: Chapter 19
The Silent Alpha: The Beckon- Chapter 20 (Finale)
The Silent Alpha - The Awakening: Prologue
The Silent Alpha: The Awakening - Chapter 1

The Silent Alpha: The Beckon- Chapter 5

9.6K 305 10
By NonnieBonnie97

© Copyright All Rights Reserved

The Silent Alpha

Chapter 5

Tori's POV

What the hell just happened? What was I seeing, is that a man or a monster? Why is it naked or kind of naked? And why did he remind me so much of the man I saw in my living room this evening? Was it him? The creature had the same hair and facial structure, but I have never seen anything with glowing golden eyes, fang-like teeth, and curled fingers with even longer claws attached. This thing... looked like an old Hollywood Werewolf from Michael Jackson's Thriller music video.

My gaze looked over at the non-moving Michael across the street, but I was too afraid to run over to help him. I felt that if I moved, I was next. What if this... thing... hurt Michael really badly? I couldn't just stand here and do nothing! 

I took a small step back, towards the front door. If I could just ring the doorbell. Maybe, just maybe Richard would come out to help us. I couldn't believe what was happening, how could monsters really exist? And why would it want to hurt us? 

I took another step, but this time, the creature noticed and took a huge stride in my direction. My heart raced faster than I'd ever felt in my entire life. Oh my goodness, I'm going to die. I felt tears build in my eyes, this was unreal. I just kissed Michael, the man I've been having feelings for since the first moment I laid eyes on him three months ago, and now it's all going to be over after our first kiss. I can't freaking believe this.

Fuck this. I'm going to run to the door. If the monster catches me and kills me then so be it. I have to get someone out here to help us. When the monster took another step toward me, I leaped back, just a few steps away from the door. I turned and ran at full speed to the door. Once my back turned away from the monster, one of my worst fears settled into my body, not knowing exactly how close or how far the danger was from me. I assumed this creature was faster, and I knew it was strong. Michael not only stood over six feet tall, but he was a defensive player on our school's Football team, so even though I didn't know how much he weighed, I knew he was a heavy man; and even he was flung nearly 25 feet away like he was a paper ball. I'm sure, no, I know, I would be crushed the moment that thing touched me.

Thankfully, it didn't. At least not before I was able to ring the doorbell twice. Then I felt it. A tight, clawed, electric hand wrapped around my arm. It pulled me away from the door and towards its bloody body, was this Michael's blood? I looked up at the monster's face and eyes, and even though it didn't immediately kill me, I had an odd familiarity in its arms. Why? Why would I know this thing? But that didn't stop the reality of the situation. This thing wants to kill me, I just know it. I screamed, as loud as I could. I didn't know if I was even doing it right, but I felt the strong pulsing vibration of the sound wave leaving my throat. For years, I practice pushing air and sound out of my mouth and ensuring that it was working by using a lit candle. If the candle blow out, my voice was too loud, if it didn't move at all. My voice was too low, but if it remained and only slightly moved, then I was speaking normally.

But right now, to ensure that someone heard me. I needed to not only blow out the candle, but I also needed to shatter every glass and window around me. And oddly, that's what I did. I screamed so loud into the monster's face that it reared back and covered its pointed ears. Its mouth opened in agony, revealing its long fang-like teeth. When the monster fell back far enough, I stopped screaming and ran across the street to Michael. 

Michael was on the floor, unconscious and with blood leaking from his ears. Oh God no, was that from me? At that moment, I looked around and noticed that every house on the block was missing its windows. Glass littered the ground and covered Michael's body. Oh no... I did this. I don't know how... How could I have? I couldn't keep thinking about this. I looked over at Michael quickly and carefully. 

Okay, if I recall the last CPR class I took, you have to check for a pulse before administering the "Staying Alive" song. OH MY GOSH, Tori, do you even remember the rhythm of that song? Okay, don't panic. Panicking isn't going to help anyone here. Especially Michael. Oh my God, Michael. I looked for his pulse, and once I found it, the tears I have been fighting back fell from my eyes. There was no holding back the joy I felt when I knew he was still alive. But most of all, when I realized something else, something I never acknowledged after all this time.

I loved him. I love Michael, and the fear of losing him was what caused me to cry. I couldn't believe it. Just a few minutes ago I was upset with him because he didn't want me to look at his family album. Now I'm crying because I thought the man I loved was killed by some monster. Oh God, the monster. 

I turned around and looked all over, but I didn't spot it. Where did it go? Suddenly, I felt a hand on my wrist. I was prepared to scream again, but the same hand that grabbed my wrist reached for my cheek. Michael. He was awake! I pulled the scream I was prepared to release back into my throat and embraced him. He softly pushed me away and checked our surroundings. Once he was sure the creature was gone, he looked at me and said, "You need to run." He said it slowly and like before, this wasn't in Sign Language. 

I shook my head, no. I wasn't going to leave him, I don't care what happens to me.

"Are you okay?" I asked. Michael began to sit up and look around, I'm sure he didn't even see what I said. He was saying something again, but it wasn't in ASL and given the fact that he wasn't looking directly at me, it was difficult to see what he said.

He looked around more and then sat up entirely and brushed the glass off of him, as he began to stand up, I stood with him. I wanted to help him in any way that I could. "Tori," He finally signed. "I need you to start running, okay? I don't know what the hell is happening and I can barely hear anything..." He kept his eyes on our surroundings. "But I need you to run okay?"

As I prepared to protest, he grabbed my hands and lifted them to his lips. He gently brushed his lips across the back of my hand and trailed the kisses down my knuckles and then fingers. "I will be right behind you, I promise." You promise? I thought. He was promising that if I ran he'd follow. Before I could say or do anything further, he kissed me again. This time as though it would be his last. The tears I thought I released already fell down my cheeks and I lost all the feeling in my face. Oh, Michael. There's just no way our second kiss should feel like this. Not like the world is going to end, but for all we knew, it was going to end. One minute we're kissing and the next minute we are on the verge of dying at the hands of a half-man, half-beast creature.

"Okay," I said. Michael gave me a small smile but nodded in approval at my cooperation. 

I turned my body away from him and began the run down the street as he told me to. I wasn't the fastest runner, but the adrenaline in my veins made me feel like I was as fast as an Olympic track star. I knew Michael was behind me, he had to be. He PROMISED that he would be. But there was a feeling inside of me that I couldn't shake as I ran. I looked around at the houses with the shattered windows and I felt confused, why was no one coming out of their homes to help us? There's no way that any normal person would see or hear their windows shatter and then not go to investigate. Many houses had their lights on, and cars parked in the driveway, but no one left the houses. What the fuck was going on here?!

Something wasn't right. I began to slow down in my sprinting, and I took a peek behind me. The sight I saw was one that made me angry and terrified all in one. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. The monster was back, but it wasn't following after me. Rather its attention was on Michael, who seemed to not have moved more than one step from where he stood moments ago. The man-like beast held Michael up with one hand and then did the unthinkable. I came to a stop in my running as fear paralyzed my body. 

The beast took its fang-like teeth and bit into Michael's neck and arm causing blood to pour down his wounds and onto the floor. 

My knees went weak and my vision went blurry. Michael! No, not my Michael. Why would this happen? Why does anything that's good always have a temporary status in my life? Oh God, please this can't be. I felt my body fall to the ground in despair. As I fell, I prayed for the creature to just kill me too. I wasn't that far honestly. I couldn't believe I ran, I couldn't believe that I believed in Michael's promise that he would be right behind me. Before my face hit the cement, the golden eyes from Hell, looked at me. And oddly, in our brief moment of eye contact, I thought I saw something in its eyes.

Regret.

**************************************************

(Michael's POV)

I watched her run. Thank the Goddess that she finally did. Of all the times I prayed for this girl to not be stubborn, I'm glad that it worked now. 

This was bad. Really bad, and I had fucked up. I don't even know how, but I know I did. The Alpha's demand for all members to remain in their homes amongst the conflict out here explained much of the problem of not getting anyone outside.

That meant only one thing, we were alone, and this was only going to end in my death or complete submission. Fuck! I was fucked in all of this. When my Dad told our family that we had been accepted into this pack without hesitation for my Football skills, I loathed the reality of our life-changing. At our last pack, we were set. He had high status and even though I wouldn't be an Alpha, I was standing in line to be second in command within a decade or so. It was fine with me. We had everything figured out, but my Dad... my fucking Dad had to take those chances away from me so we could be a part of something bigger than just "running a pack and hiding from humans." He wanted more for me.

When we got here, I started out like Judy. Annoyed, and hating this place. But all of a sudden, I saw a beautiful girl with dark curly hair, soft pink lips, and lightly sun-kissed skin picking up her papers off the floor in the middle of a busy hallway at that dreaded school. From then, my attitude changed. I began to see myself making something of myself here. I didn't know exactly what that would look like, but I knew as long as Tori was with me, I could make it work.

But that wasn't going to happen, was it? Not if I didn't make it out of the Alpha's grip alive. I took one step towards Tori's running figure before those golden eyes were in front of me.

"Good job getting her to run away, I didn't want her to see this," He sounded like he was underwater. Goddess, how could Tori scream like that? If it wasn't for my abilities, I'd be completely deaf right now. 

"Why do you care?" Wrong question. Before I could figure my way out of this, I was in the air. Fuck, holy fuck...

"I see, you don't know your place. Your last pack's stench is still on you. Let me fix that!" He growled and before I could fight him off. If I could've fought him off, he bit me. My neck, to completely awaken my wolf and make him submit to him, and then on my arm. That was simply to scar me and to cause more pain. I screamed in agony. Agony from the pain and agony from the anger of my lost future. I didn't want this. I don't want this!

The rejection of his bite only made the pain grow strong. Fuck, this Alpha was strong. The pain was becoming too much, and he flung me to the ground. I blacked out, but not before seeing a terrified Tori on my horizon.

____________

Thank you for reading my story today, love you!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

211K 6.7K 7
Chloe Patterson went blind due to a mysterious fire that started in her house. It is now a year later and after her parents were killed in a car acci...
63.9K 3.9K 34
Chloe has lost everything. She fights to prove herself as a true Alpha but more secrets become unraveled and there is no escaping her dark fate. Ther...
723K 21.5K 39
I Jasper Ace reject you Ariel Carter, once those words slipped off his lips, Ariel's life changed forever. Ariel carter, a loner and a nobody, her ma...
9.4M 65.8K 12
THIS IS ONLY A SAMPLE. Full story has been published on Amazon Kindle. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09K53J4PQ/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=bitter+kisse...