A Chosen Mate.

By SapphireFox

Every fifty years a girl from her village is chosen to be the mate of a werewolf. Myah goes to her friend's h... More

A Chosen Mate.
Darius.
The Kiss.
I Love You.
In The Shower.
Pregnant?
Telling The Pack.
Hospital.
It's A...
Shopping!
Nightmare.
Jack.
Myah's Parents.
Daniel.
My Prince To The Rescue.
Karen And Darius' Parents.
The Baby Boy At Last!
Being A Mom.
Lucy.
The Proposal.
She's Back...
Wedding Day.
Explaining And Pack Base.
Pretenders Aren't Very Nice.
An Unexpected Turn Of Events.
One Big Happy Family.
The Final Fight.
Taken But...By Who?
Finally Found.
Not Again.
Memories.
Christmas.
Twins.
Memorable Moments.

The New Arrival.

8.7K 206 16
By SapphireFox

Chapter 26:

Myah's POV:

I wake up. My head was spinning. I rub my eyes before opening them. The first thing I see is Darius' loving gaze. It was obvious he had been crying.

"Sweetie, you scared the shit out of me", he says. I let out a small laugh. "I'm so glad you're okay. I didn't know if you'd make it". Was I really that bad? The baby!

"Darius, the baby are they alright?" I demand.

"Shh, they're fine", he says, calming me down. Thank the lord. "You realise how you're here right now, don't you?" I think so. Did he change me into a werewolf? I look at my arm and find a huge bite mark on it. I guess I was right. I put my hand over the mark. "I'm so sorry baby, it was the only way. I couldn't lose you two".

"Hey I understand. It's not like I ever said I didn't want to become a werewolf", I say.

"You mean you wouldn't have minded becoming one anyways?"

"Of course not. I don't like feeling weak and that everyone needs to look after me the whole time".

"I never knew you felt that way, I'm sorry", he says.

"You don't have to say sorry. I don't, just sometimes".

"I shouldn't have left you in that room alone", he says, crying.

"Darius don't cry, it's okay. Everything's fine now. Jessica she's..."

"Yes, she's gone. Damon killed her. You've been unconsious for three days now, everyone misses you, especially Sylvester". I smile. Darius kisses me and it ends up as a make out session. I am so happy right now, everything's okay with me and the baby. Chase comes in un-expectantly. When he sees me he runs up to me and hugs me.

"Darius why didn't you say she awoke?" Chase asks.

"I wanted her for myself for a few minutes", Darius answers. I smile at him.

"God you don't know how worried we've all been. Brandon said you'll survive the change but I didn't know for sure if you would", Chase says. A small pain goes through me and I let out a yelp. Darius looks at me concerned. "Yeah you're going to be getting them a lot more for the next two weeks. They're some side-effects of the change", Chase says. Not more pain.

"Anything else I should know?" I ask.

"No that's it for the time being."

"Can I see Sylvester?" I ask. Darius looks at Chase.

"I don't think you're fit to be seeing anyone yet", Darius says.

"Please", I beg. I missed my little angel. Darius nods at Chase.

"I'll get him for you", Chase says, squeezing my hand. I thank him and he leaves.

"I love you", I say to Darius.

"I love you too Myah". He kisses me again. We deepen the kiss as there's a knock at the door.

"Come in", Darius says. Sylvester opens the door and flits over to me.

"Momma", he shouts in joy, kissing me all over. I laugh. He hugs me hard and starts crying. "I thought you were going to die, Momma", he weeps. I rub circles on his back.

"Momma is fine, and she's missed you all so much", I say, looking at Darius. I've missed Darius the most. Darius smiles at me.

"Daddy said you're a wolf now Mummy", Sylvester says.

"Yeah, I am. You'll have to teach me how to hunt", I say, ruffling his hair. And as always he fixes it. Sylvester kisses my nose and I laugh. Darius comes over to us and we have a group hug.

"Right do you want to help me get Mummy some food", Darius asks.

"Yes!"

"Alright, we'll be back soon baby", Darius says, kissing me on the cheek. Darius and Sylvester hold hands leaving the room. I decide to walk around the room and test my legs. I was able to walk without feeling faint, so far so good. Darius and Sylvester come back in.

"Whoa, hold on, what are you doing out of bed?" Darius asks.

"Please Darius, I don't want you making a fuss. I'm only walking", I say.

"But darling, I don't want you to hurt yourself. What if you get one of those pains again that Chase was talking about", Darius says.

"I won't, I've more strength now since I'm a werewolf. Please let me ."

"I know. Fine...BUT" Darius says. Damn I knew there'd be a but. "You have to stay on a couch or bed at all times".

"Okay", I agree. I take a hold of his arm and he leads me into the living room. Everyone and I mean everyone comes up and hugs me. Some of them I didn't even know because they were from the other packs, but it still felt nice to be loved.

"God Myah, don't scare us like that ever again", Dominic says, hugging me tight.

"I'll try", I promise. "Thank you", I say to Damon.

"It's fine Myah, I'll do anything for you and Darius", Damon says. I smile at him.

"So you're a werewolf now", Adam smiles. "Now you're really part of our pact and family."

"Guess so, it's going to be some getting used to", I smile back. I hear a bird squawk and turn my head to the direction I heard it come from. Is there a bird inside?

"That's outside. Since you're a werewolf you are better at smelling, hearing and seeing", Savannah says.

"And you're a lot stronger and faster", Dawn adds. This is definitely going to be a lot to get used too. And also turning into a wolf once a month. Fortunately I won't turn into a wolf until I've had the baby. I get one of those pains again and I bend over in pain.

"Lets sit you down", Darius says, helping me to the couch.

"What was that?" Karen asks with worry.

"Just a pain that she's going to be getting for the next two weeks. It's a side-effect from the change", Darius says, with concern all over his face. I smile at him to show I'm alright. He squeezes my hand.

"It's not hurting the baby is it?" I ask Chase.

"No they can't feel it", Chase assures us. Good. Life is finally back to our normal.

*Five weeks later...*

I was with Karen, Blake and Sylvester. I've gotten used to being a werewolf now, and I really like it. I was able to flit and it was so cool. Darius didn't like me flitting in case I hurt myself but the doctor said it was okay for pregnant werewolves to flit. Darius and the others were out fighting. A pack invaded earlier and I was dreading for Darius and the others to leave. But they promised to be safe and I knew they would. I only had three more weeks left until I see my little girl. I can't wait to see her.

"I'm going to miss you all when this war is over", Karen says.

"We'll still see you guys, we can visit", I assure her.

"I know, It's just I'm going to miss seeing you, Darius, and Sylvester every day." I smile at her. "And the little baby, when she's born."

"Any day now", I note and she smiles. "What if Darius is away fighting when I go into labour. I don't want him to miss the birth of his second child."

"He wouldn't miss it for the world", she assures me, squeezing my hand. I cradle my baby bump and bite my lip. Brandon comes in, looking troubled. "Hey sweetie", Karen says.

"Um...hi", he whispers.

"What's wrong Daddy?" Blake asks.

"Karen can we talk outside for a moment", Brandon says. Karen looks worried, gets up and goes outside the room with Brandon. Since I have werewolf hearing I decide to listen in on their conversation. I know it's none of my business but the way Brandon said it makes me think there's something wrong.

"It's Darius", Brandon says. Darius, what's happened?!

"He isn't", Karen cries. A tear escapes my eye.

"No, don't worry, he's fine. It's just he's injured and I thought I should let you know. I didn't want to tell Myah because she'd get stressed out", Brandon says.

"Well we have to tell her sometime", she says.

"I know, we'll say it calmly. Once she knows he's alright, she'll be fine". Brandon and Karen come back in and smile at me. I wipe away the tear quickly. Karen comes over to me and hugs me.

"Aw honey, what's wrong?" she asks.

"I heard you guys talking, can I please see him?" I ask. Brandon and Karen look at each other.

"Are you sure, you might get upset when you see him", Brandon says.

"I'm sure. What happened?"

"Well Darius was fighting and we thought we won so we turned back into our human forms. But a werewolf attacked Darius from behind him. He's got a few cuts and bruises but he's going to be just fine". At least he wasn't that bad. Brandon shows me the door that leads into the room where Darius is. "Come here", Brandon says. He gives me a hug and wipes away the tears from my eyes.

"Thanks", I say.

"I'll be with Sylvester and Blake if you need me", he says. I nod and he smiles and walks away. I quickly calm myself down. He's okay Myah, just a few cuts, nothing to be too worried about. The main thing is he's alive. I gently open the door and find Darius on a bed with scratches and cuts all over him. He had lots of bandages on him.

"Hey baby", he says. I walk over to him slowly as I take in all his cuts.

"Darius", I whisper, tears shedding from my eyes.

"I'm sorry for getting you all upset darling. I shouldn't be stressing you out especially when you're going to pop at any moment". I let out a small laugh.

"Are you okay?" I ask, wiping the tears away.

"I'm fine baby, no need to worry". I give him a hug and he flinches. I pull back straight away.

"I'm so sorry", I say.

"It's fine. It's worth the pain". I smile and he hugs me.

*A few days later...*

Darius was allowed out from the injury room today. Sylvester and I visited him every day and it really cheered me up. If werewolves didn't heal fast he would have been in there for a few weeks. Darius holds my hand as we walk into the kitchen.

"You sit down in the living room and I'll get you something to eat", he says. I nod and sit down on the couch beside Savannah.

"Hey is Darius out?"?" she asks.

"Yeah, he's just getting me something to eat", I say.

"That's great. So how you feeling?"

"I'm good".

"You don't feel any contractions or pains, do you?" she asks.

"No, I'm not due for another 2 weeks".

"Damn I can't wait that long. I want to see her now", she whines. I laugh.

"I want to see her now too", I say, cradling my huge baby bump while the baby kicks. Savannah smiles.

"You are the best mother ever".

"I doubt that".

"Yes you are". I smile and hug her. I feel my phone vibrate in my pocket. I check it and I see I had a text from Jack.

Hey, how come you're not answering the door? And your car is gone? Have you moved? Myah, this is like the 200th message, please answer. We're all so worried.

I haven't talked to my family or other friends since Maddie's birthday three months ago and I really missed them. They're going to freak when they find out I'm a werewolf. None of them knew I was at this place. I send him a text back.

We haven't moved, just gone somewhere. We left three months ago and not sure when we're back.

I get a text back from him saying...

Gone somewhere, are you okay? Has something happened? Why don't you know when you're coming back?

I didn't really know what to reply. So I just said...

Yes we're all fine. I'll tell you about it when we come back, sort of a long story. Have to go, miss you all lots xx

I get a bunch of texts from him after that but I don't reply to them. I can't tell him about the war, only werewolves knew I think and plus I don't want to worry him by telling him there was a war.

******

Darius' POV:

Today I was going to train some werewolves. It will be my first time doing it since my little accident a week ago. I gently kiss Myah on the head and on her bump. She really is huge now and I think it makes her so sexy and adorable.

"I'll be back in a half an hour, if you something happens ring me, got it?" I say.

"Got it, be careful," she says. I kiss her bump again and rub it.

"Enough baby time. That's all you do", Adam says. I roll my eyes.

"Forget about him, I think it's sweet and cute", she says. I smile. I kiss her one last time lips and bump. I love kissing her baby bump and feeling the kicks, it feels so magical.

"Bye", I say. She smiles. "And fuck you Adam". He smirks.

"I think there's been enough fucking going on in the past few months, don't you think?" he says. Myah blushes and Dominic spits his drink out.

"Fuck, Adam", Dominic shouts and we laugh.

Myah's POV:

I spend some time with Sylvester and the guys while I'm waiting for Darius to come back. Sylvester gets on my lap and leans back.

"Am I hurting you, Mummy?" Sylvester asks.

"No, you're not sweetie". We watch a movie and during it I get a small pain in my stomach. Uh not those pains from the change again. The last time I had one of them was around four weeks ago, why are they suddenly back? A few minutes later I get another one, it felt a tiny bit sore so I bite my lip. I decide to forget about the pains and focus on the movie. Fifteen minutes later, after finally thinking they were gone, I get another one, a lot stronger than the others. I squeeze Sylvester's hand which I was holding.

"I'm sorry Sylvester, I didn't mean to squeeze hard it's just Mummy got a pain that's all".

"It's fine Mummy", Sylvester says.

"A pain?" Damon asks.

"Yeah I'm fine. I'll be back in a minute Sylvester, I'm just going toilet", I say. Dawn helps me up and I thank her. I waddle to the bathroom. When I had gone toilet I get another pain. God I never got four in a day. Just one or two, never three or four. Was there something wrong?

Darius' POV:

I get back from training and look for Myah. I go to the sitting room and find Sylvester cuddling with Adam on the couch. The others were also in the room.

"Hey where's Myah?" I ask.

"Toilet", Dawn says.

"She's been in there awfully long, I hope she's alright", Savannah asks.

"She said she got a pain before she went", Brandon says.

"It's probably one of those side-effect pains she gets", Adam says.

"She shouldn't be getting them anymore, they should have stopped four weeks ago", Chase says. Were they contractions or just a back pain?

"Can you look after Sylvester for me?" I ask.

"Yeah, sure", Karen smiles. I walk out of the room and so does Dominic.

"You don't think they're contractions, do you?" Dominic asks.

"Well they could be, she's due next week." We walk to the bathroom and as we're about to knock on the door she comes out.

"Oh hey you're back", she says.

"Yeah, are you alright, they guys said you got a pain", I say.

"Yeah I'm fine. It was nothing", she says, biting her lip. She's always lying when she bites her lip and I could also see she was lying since I'm a werewolf.

Myah's POV:

I bend over in pain and clutch my stomach and back. Dominic and Darius hold me up by the hands and wrap their arms around my back.

"Okay, I'm going to get Dr Carter, Dominic can you look after Myah?" Darius asks.

"Of course", Dominic says. Darius squeezes my hand and kisses my cheek.

"I'll be back as soon as I can, baby". Darius flits out of the hall before I can tell him I'm alright.

"Where does it hurt?" Dominic asks.

"Just in my lower stomach and back. It really is nothing, it's probably those side-effect pains".

"Chase said you shouldn't be getting them anymore".

"Is there something wrong?" I ask. At that exact moment my waters break.

"Looks like your waters broke and now you're in labour".

"Oh my god, Darius isn't here", I shout with worry.

"Shh, it's okay, he's just getting the doctor. Let's get you sitting down". He helps me to a chair. "Okay breathe in and out". He starts breathing in and out and I copy him. This is just like last time, I had Dominic then too. "That's it. Okay Darius will be here really soon". I get another contraction and I squeeze Dominic's hand. He bites his lip with pain.

"I'm sorry", I say.

"It's fine, you just keep squeezing and breathing". I smile at him and he moves the hair out of my face. I get another one again. God I have not missed this. Darius returns.

"Oh baby I'm sorry, have you gotten any since"? Darius asks. He notices the liquid on the ground and his eyes widen.

"We figured out they were contractions when her waters broke", Dominic says.

"Your waters broke, oh dammit," Darius says and I nod in agreement. "Alright, Dr Carter will be here soon, I think we should put you somewhere else where you can deliver".

"I can't have the baby here, I need to be at a hospital", I argue.

"Dr Carter has delivered babies before, he knows what he's doing. No need to panic".

"Of course I should panic, there's a bloody person coming out of me", I shout. They both laugh. I wasn't trying to be funny. The lift me up and put me in a bedroom. I didn't know who's room it was but it was about to get dirty. Dr Carter arrives five minutes later and orders Dominic to get him some things. I don't think I'm ready to go through this again.

Darius' POV:

Since Myah was a werewolf now she was much stronger so when she squeezed my hand it actually hurt, a lot, unlike the last time.

"I don't think I can do this, Darius", she whispers.

"Of course you can, you're the strongest person I know. Just imagine we're going to see our little girl soon". She smiles and I kiss her cheek for support. Sylvester comes in, suddenly. "Sylvester, what are you doing in here?"

"I heard Mummy screaming, are you okay?" he asks.

"I'm fine," she says giving him a reassuring smile.

"What's going on?" he asks.

"Mummy's having the baby soon", I say. Adam and Dominic arrive in with the things Dr Carter needed and look at Sylvester with surprise.

"Right this isn't something a child should see, come on lil' man", Adam says, lifting Sylvester up.

"Bye Mummy and Daddy", Sylvester says with a big grin. Myah smiles at his happiness. Adam leaves with him while he waves goodbye. Myah gets another contraction and I cringe. It was killing me seeing her in so much pain.

"Don't worry there's probably not much more", Dominic says.

"Oh god", she complains.

"What's wrong that's good, isn't it?" I ask.

"No, it isn't because then I'll have to push her out of me", she complains. I cringe as I remember how much pain last time she was giving birth but then I smile as I think about seeing our little baby. Adam comes back in without Sylvester this time. "Where did you leave Sylvester?" she asks.

"Just with Karen and the others", Adam says, sitting down beside her. They hug as she gets another contraction. She hugs Adam harder as she gets it.

"Holy shit, you're strong", Adam says with pain.

"Tell me about", I smile.

"Hey that's not my fault you couldn't keep it in your damn pants", she mumbles.

"Yeah Darius, why couldn't you just leave it in your pants", Dominic says. I roll my eyes as they all smirk at me. I can't help loving my wife and wanting to have a good time with her!

"Well if I remember correctly you're the one who wanted to-" I was cut off by Myah.

"Yeah, yeah okay", she interrupts.

"You dirty animal", Adam says to Myah.

"That's not my fault, I have needs", she says and we all laugh. I was really going to miss these guys when this war is over.

"Well if you get any needs again, you just get me", Adam says, winking at her. She grins back at him which makes me jealous of Adam.

***************

"Okay I don't think I can take it any longer", Myah mutters.

"Looks like you won't have to, you're ready to deliver", Dr Carter says.

"Really, already?" I ask. It's only been like two hours, then again the last time was quite quick too. Werewolf labours are quick so I guess that's why.

"Yeah, you're fully dilated now", Dr Carter says. Our friends in the room who were keeping us company give us a hug and me a pat on the shoulder.

"Good luck", they all shout, leaving the room. I look back at Myah and smile.

"You ready to have our baby girl?" I ask.

"I think so", she says. We smile lovingly at each other and kiss.

**********

Myah's POV:

I pass my little baby girl to Darius again.

"You were amazing darling", he says for like the 10th time.

"Thanks. I'm sorry for hurting your hand", I say.

"No need to say sorry". We kiss again and then Darius kisses her on the head. They looked so cute together. Father and daughter, it was weird to see a man so muscular holding a baby even though I've seen him before do it.

"So which one do you think suits her best?" he asks, referring to the names we were thinking of.

"I don't mind, you pick", I say.

"Hmmm she looks more like a Faye to me, what do you think?"

"I think it's perfect". He smiles then looks down at Faye again.

"She's beautiful just like you", he compliments which makes me smile. "You should rest".

"You don't mind?"

"Of course not, you're entitled to rest, you just had our baby like thirty minutes ago". Well he was right, I was very tired. Labour and giving birth are very tiring and painful.

"Okay, I love you, Darius".

"I love you too, Myah". He puts Faye in my arms one more time and I rock her back as I admire her cuteness.

"I love you too, Faye, so, so much", I say in my baby voice. Darius smiles at us and strokes my cheek before placing a kiss on it.

Darius' POV:

"Come on you, let's leave Mommy to get some sleep", I say, "Goodnight baby, sleep great." I kiss Myah one more time before leaving. Everyone was waiting outside and when they saw me coming there was lots of gasps.

"Oh my, can we hold her?" Savannah asks. Everyone was trying to get a look of her face underneath the blanket. I nod and gently pass her to Savannah. Savannah holds Faye's little fingers. She was the spitting image of Myah. Sylvester looked like me and Faye looked like her. Sylvester was also in the crowd. He comes over to me slowly and I lift him up and hold him in my arms.

"Do you want to see your little sister?" I ask. He nods slowly, looking a bit scared at the same time. I sure hope he doesn't feel left out, he was awfully quiet. I show him Faye who was still in Savannah's arms and he starts grinning at her. Savannah passes her around to the others to see.

"Be careful, she's really tiny", Savannah says, with tears in her eyes. We all laugh at her crying. She gets very emotional around babies especially new-borns.

"Wow she looks just like Myah", Dominic remarks.

"Yeah", Brandon agrees with a smile.

"Do you like Faye?" I ask Sylvester.

"Her names Faye?" Karen asks, with tears in her eyes too. I nod while smiling and there are more gasps.

"It's a beautiful name, it suits her really well", Chase says.

"I love Faye", Sylvester says which makes people go "AWWWW". I hug him and kiss his head.

"That's good, she loves you too and so do Mummy and Daddy", I say.

"Is Myah asleep?" Dominic asks.

"Yeah", I say.

"Aw, I love her", Dawn says when she holds her.

"Do you want one?" Damon asks.

"Only if you do", Dawn says.

"Then we'll have one", Damon smiles.

"Oh not you guys too", Adam says. We all laugh and they make out after Faye is passed to Dominic.

"How are babies made?" Blake asks intrigued.

"Well Blake, when Mummy and Daddy love each other very much they have to-" Adam says but it cut off by Chase.

"Dude, you can't tell a little four and six year old that", Chase interrupts.

"Jeez I wasn't going to, I was only joking", Adam says.

"I'm sure you were", Dominic says sarcastically.

"I'll tell you when you're older", Brandon says to Blake and Karen blushes. I get a text, it was from my Mom. It said...

Karen told me Myah's gone into labour, how is she? We're on our way down, be there soon.

I text her back...

She's had the baby. Little baby Faye born 1:32 PM on the 28th of June, see you guys soon.

She texts me back...

Dammit! I can't believe we missed our third grandbaby's birth. Faye, it's so beautiful, I can't wait to meet her, I bet she looks and is beautiful just like her Mommy. We love you all!

I smile as I read the last message, love you too Mom and Dad. I love my family, I will protect them for the rest of my life because I love them all so much with all my heart.

Thanks for reading! I'm sorry for the late update! I've been busy with meeting friends and personal stuff. I'll try update more often! Please vote, comment, fan and check out my other stories! Have a good week, love you all guys! :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.2K 122 40
Zoe cambridge is a 19 year old girl who moves to a new town , she always wanted to go to a school called regwood high .she doesnt know she will be li...
20.7K 479 30
"In which a human girl is kidnapped by her werewolf mate." ❎Read to find out more❎ ❌IM REWRITING THIS STORY. It will be a new book, but with the same...
1.8M 52.5K 56
*BOOK 1 of the WEREWOLF SERIES* "You're pregnant" Chace stated. My eyes widened. Oh shit. ------------------------------------- If you had told Lotti...