The One Direction Reunion

By one_direction_foreve

One night can change your life forever. One night can make you have a feeling that you can't shake. That's... More

Prologue
Three Years Later
Lying to Aubrey
Traveling to America
Authors Note
The Studio
Finding Louis
An Apology and a Fight
Hotel Rooms and Plane Rides
Finding Niall
An Unexpected Surprise and a Surprise for Niall
Investigations and More Surprises
The Argument
Authors Note
The Nap
Finding Liam
Fights and Stories
Talking to Liam
The Plane Ride
Finding Harry
Finding Zayn
A Reunion and Story Time
A Song and the Reason
The Secret Location and the Phone Call of Forgiveness
Rehearsals and a Talk from Simon
Surprising Aubrey Part 1
Surprising Aubrey Part 2
The First Concert
The Surprise in the Bunk
Authors Note
Two Days Later
The Date Part 1
The Date Part 2
The Next Day
Late Night Talks and Amanda's First Time Out
Learning the Truth
The Heart to Heart and the Plan
Sharing the Plan
The Secret, The Concert, and Fans Backstage
The Fight
Liam and Louis' Heart to Heart
On the Bus
Preparing for the Date
The Date
Hanging With Liam
The News
Author's Note
Show Time and an Early Surprise
The Unexpected Surprise and the Interrogation
The Walk and the Fight
Authors Note
Niall
Prepping for the Interview
The Interview Part 1
The Interview Part 2
The Interview Part 3
The Bus
Midnight Chats
Management Part 1
Authors Note
Management Part 2
Talks in the Park
Back at the Bus
Liam and Ariel
Soundcheck and Confessing a Secret
Problems on the Bus
Sharing the Surprise
Author's Note
Dinner
The Phone Call
The Hospital
The Doctor's Update
Aubrey and Liam's Visit
The Group Visit
Surprising the Group
Author's Note
Surprising Niall Part 1
Surprising Niall Part 2
Fighting with Kayla
Making up with Kayla
Checking In on Liam
Late Night Talks and Some Quality Time
Authors Note
Reflections
Surprising the Crew Part 1
Surprising the Crew Part 2
Surprising the Crew Part 3
After Dinner Discussions
Author's Note
The Final Concert Part 1
The Final Concert Part 2
The Final Concert Part 3
After the Concert
Epilogue

Hanging with Liam

1.1K 31 12
By one_direction_foreve

*Chapter 18: Hanging with Liam*

*Ariel's POV*

*Six hours later*

We are currently on our way to the nearest take out restaurant, all minding our own business. Louis and I were watching some random show on TV. Simon was currently on a conference call. Paul was texting someone. Niall was softly strumming his guitar while his daughter sleeps by his feet. Harry is sleeping on the floor on the other side of the room. And Liam is currently in his bunk, as usual.

"Hey guys, we're here." The driver said calling back to us.

Everyone got up to exit the bus, except for me.

"Hey, Ariel, are you coming?" Louis asked.

"Nah, I think I'm just going to stay here and watch some TV and hang out with Amanda." I replied.

"She's sleeping." He told me.

"And Niall ran off the bus to go get food. What happens if she wakes up?" I told him.

"True. Do you want anything?" Louis asked.

"Yeah, surprise me." I replied.

He just nodded and walked off the bus. Once he was off the bus, I picked up Amanda who stirred in her sleep and brought her back to Niall's bunk. As I was walking back to the TV room, I heard someone call my name and it definitely wasn't Amanda.

"Ariel, is that you?" I heard the voice call out.

I thought about ignoring him for a second, but then decided against it.

"What?" I asked in a rude tone.

"Nothing." He said.

I sighed and turned back around and opened his curtain. And when I did, I didn't expect to see him the way I did. He was curled up in a ball, his blankets all over the place, and his back was to me. But the sad thing was, I heard him sobbing, which broke my heart.

"Liam, what's wrong?" I asked with concern.

He didn't answer.

"Do you want to talk about it?" I asked him.

"Not really." He replied.

"Well, do you want a hug?" I asked.

"Yes please." He said politely, which surprised me a bit.

I quickly recovered from my shock before he replied.

"Well, what are you still doing laying up there? Get down here and give me a hug." I said to him.

It took him a second, but he eventually got up out of the bunk slowly. And when he turned to face me, my heart broke. His eyes are red and puffy and he had tear stains on his cheeks.

"Liam, please don't cry. You're going to make me cry." I whispered in his ear, which only made sob a little harder,

"I'm so sorry." He said to me.

"Sorry for what?" I quickly questioned, pulling away from the hug.

"For everything. For splitting on the band. For giving up on the fans when they needed me the most. I mean you were really upset for three years." Liam explained, speaking the most he has ever done since I have met him.

"Listen Liam, there's nothing to be sorry for. I understand how you felt when you split from the band. Like you said before, I was really upset for the last three years. Everyone has their own way with dealing with things. In this situation, yours was to pick up everything and move to Ireland, where no one knew where you were. Where you could mourn alone." I told him, which caused him to cry a little bit more.

I gave Liam another hug before I heard a little voice call my name.

"Awiel." Amanda said, in her little, innocent voice, as she peeked around the curtain.

"Yes, sweetie." I asked.

"I had a nightmare, can you sing to me?" She asked.

"Sure, let me just go get daddy's guitar, okay." I replied.

I left the bunk area with Liam following close behind.

"Ariel," Liam said.

"Yeah?" I asked.

"Do you mind if I sing to her?" Liam asked, while looking down at his feet, almost embarrassed to ask the question.

I was about to reject, but I saw the look on his face, and I could see that he wanted to change, something to prove he is the same guy he was in One Direction.

"Okay, fine. Just this once." I replied and I saw something that I haven't seen in a very long time and made me feel good inside. I saw Liam smile a genuine smile, even if it was just a small one.

"I'll be right back, I'll go get her." I say with a slight smile before walking out of the room.

After getting Amanda, I walked back into the room and sat on the couch.

"Amanda, my friend Liam here is going to sing you a song tonight. Okay?" I told her.

She just looked over at Liam who was sitting on the couch across from us and tilted her head in confusion.

"What song are you going to sing?" I asked him.

Liam thought about it for a moment, then asked Amanda.

"Have you ever heard of Sam Smith?" He asked her.

"Yes sir." She replied politely.

"What's your favorite song?" Liam asked as she just shrugged her shoulders, causing him to laugh a little bit, which made me smile. I think Amanda has an effect on him that no one else does.

"Don't worry, I have one." Liam told her before whispering the song in my ear.

After telling me the song, Liam sat down on the chairs that were set at the table and had his back to the door.

I began strumming the song, before Liam began singing.

"Another day, another life

Passes by just like mine

It's not complicated

Another mind, another soul

Another body to grow old

It's not complicated

Do you ever wonder if the stars shine out for you?

Float down

Like autumn leaves

And hush now

Close your eyes before the sleep

And you're miles away

And yesterday you were here with me."

It wasn't long after Liam started singing that the whole crew entered the bus. They all silenced and stared at the scene before them. Paul was about to go drag Liam somewhere but Simon put his arm out to block him, as if trying to say let him finish.

Liam didn't even notice they were behind him, so I continued to play as Amanda sat by my feet, hugging my leg with one hand and sucking her thumb on her other hand, watching him intently.

"Another tear, another cry

Another place for us to die

It's not complicated

Another love that's gone to waste

Another light lost from your face

It's complicated

Is it that it's over or do birds still sing for you?

Float down

Like autumn leaves

And hush now

Close your eyes before the sleep

And you're miles away

And yesterday you were here with me

Ooh how I miss you

My symphony played the song that carried you out

Ooh how I miss you

And I, I miss you and I wish you'd stay

Do you ever wonder if the stars shine out for you?

Float down

Like autumn leaves

And hush now

Close your eyes before the sleep

And you're miles away

And yesterday you were here with me

Ooh oh, ooh oh

Ooh oh, ooh oh

Touch down

Like a seven four seven

Stay out and we'll live forever now"

As soon as Liam was finished singing, everyone behind him, except for Niall and Paul, clapped and cheered. Liam quickly turned around and looked in fear. He then got out of his seat and basically ran to the back of the bus.

"Nice job guys, you scared him off." I said in an annoyed tone.

"Sorry." Simon, Ariel, and Louis said in unison.

Niall came over without a word, picked up his daughter, and brought her to the back of the bus, probably putting her to bed.

Simon and Paul also went to the back of the bus, leaving Louis, Harry, and I alone.

"What was that all about?" He asked me.

"Just trying to help a friend out." I said as I grabbed my food from Louis and went to go eat it at the table.

"NIALL GET OFF HIM RIGHT NOW!" I heard Simon suddenly yell.

Louis, Harry, and I both looked at each other with wide eyes before we ran to the back of the bus to find out what was happening.

*Simon's POV*

Paul and I both walked to the back of the bus to find a scene that I've never thought I'd see. Niall had pulled Liam out of his bunk and started punching him, while Liam just laid on the floor in a ball and covering his head, not bothering to fight back.

"NIALL GET OFF HIM RIGHT NOW!" I yelled at the top of my lungs, but I don't thing he heard me. He continued to punch Liam. Paul eventually pulled Niall off of Liam and he dragged him out of the bus.

"Louis, Harry, help him to the other room." I said, noticing that Ariel, Harry, and Louis were standing behind me.

Louis and Harry quickly rushed to Liam's side and helped him up and basically carried him to the other room.

"What happened?" Ariel asked as we walked into the front of the bus.

"That's what I am about to find out." Simon replied.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

76.2K 1.4K 27
What if you won three tickets to One Direction's next concert? For most teenaged girls it's a dream come true. For Kate however, it's her worse night...
334K 8.9K 42
Adelaide sings at the hotel she lives in. One day One Direction stays at the same hotel. She becomes good friends with them... especially Liam Payne...
4.1K 173 49
Cheyenne and Kayla are living their dreams. They are living together in a small flat in the middle of London; both studying what they think is their...
61.7K 344 26
Mollie Allen, a 15 year old girl living 2 lives at once. Too most people at schools she's Lilly White, the geek of year 10, going in to year 11, glas...