Stars Landing [Book 3]

By ammorning

Sequel to Stars Aligning and Stars Falling ****This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, businesses, plac... More

Chapter 1 - Knock Knock
Chapter 2 - Plotting Revenge
Chapter 3 - Broken
Chapter 5 - Mocha Man
Chapter 6 - See You Again
Chapter 7 - Brother Complex
Chapter 8 - Walk of Shame
Chapter 9 - Challenge Him
Chapter 10 - A True Fan
Chapter 11 - Rookies
Chapter 12 - Control
Chapter 13 - Cheater
Chapter 14 - Talking Piece
Chapter 15 - Petty Games
Chapter 16 - Papa & Mama
Chapter 17 - Towel Incident
Chapter 18 - Two Weeks Later
Chapter 19 - Pants on Fire
Chapter 20 - Intervention
Chapter 21 - Toxic Arrangement
Chapter 22 - Understand His World
Chapter 23 - The Sketch Master
Chapter 24 - Sweet & Sour
Chapter 25 - Some Guidance
Chapter 26 - Shift Things
Chapter 27 - Let's Play
Chapter 28 - Introducing Him
Chapter 29 - Queen of P.R
Chapter 30 - One Last Time
Chapter 31 - Six Months Later
Chapter 32 - Woman in Charge
Chapter 33 - Resisting His Title
Chapter 34 - Second Date

Chapter 4 - Exchange Notes

184 19 0
By ammorning

Warren's phone hadn't stopped beeping since the couple drove over. Rhea caught Christian's caller ID and wondered why her boyfriend was ignoring the asshole. His attention seemed to be reserved for her in the elevator. They were surrounded by a few other residents, one of them was an older lady who wouldn't stop staring at the couple, evidently wondering what shenanigans they were up to. Rhea has no idea what her problem was but she couldn't be bothered to deal with it. Her priorities were fixated on receiving Red's blessing.

The pop star told her he couldn't jump from seeing Rhea as his childhood friend to a girlfriend. Rhea came to terms with his decision and focused her energy on Warren, only to learn that Red didn't approve of their relationship either. He said he didn't want people dating Rhea when he was still sorting out his feelings for it. It was all so unresolved. Rhea didn't know if Red was admiring to  liking her or not. His rejection was apparently a plea for time. How the hell was she supposed to know that? How could she wait another minute after liking him for six years? It was time to move on.

The older lady stepped up to get out of the elevator. Rhea took a deep breath and stared at the floor numbers. Only two more stops until they reached the penthouse. "It's going to be okay," Warren whispered seeing through her panic.

"Stop saying that," Rhea muttered. "It's not helping."

Warren turned to face her as the elevator emptied. His phone beeped again. Rhea closed her eyes, filling up with anticipation. Her boyfriend held her face in his hands and said, "I love you and nothing is going to change that."

The metal contraption opened. Rhea quickly let go of her boyfriend's hand. Warren walked behind her, making his way past the pillars and into the living area. Red was seated on of long sofa, his eyes glued to his phone. He seemed undisturbed by his friends' presence for the time being.

"Hey," Warren said. "Rhea and I have something to tell you."

Oh my god! This guy did not waste any time did he? How the hell could he just jump into the conversation so boldly? After she stalled for almost half an hour and went through what they were and weren't supposed to say in the car? Well maybe it was better than beating around the bush.

Red looked up to meet Rhea's eyes. His brown irises gleamed under the penthouse fluorescents, complimenting his olive complexion and dirty brown hair. Comfortably fitted in a pair of trousers and hoodie, his lanky legs were spread out behind the coffee table. "What's up?" Red asked his producer.

"Put the phone down and we'll tell you," Warren replied assertively.

Rhea stood still and tried not to implode. She watched Red put his phone awa and face them. "You two okay?" he asked. "What happened?"

Warren moved up to where Rhea was standing and held her hand. Red waited for Rhea's reaction, but when she didn't fight Warren off, he pieced things together. "Are we doing this again?" Red asked bitterly. "Because I really don't want to."

Rhea let go of Warren's hand and stepped up to where Red was. "It's not all in his head this time," she said slowly. "We wanted to come over and tell you together that we started seeing one another. Not as friends or people with benefits or whatever else you might think this is. Warren and I are dating."

"Dating?" Red laughed.

Warren nodded. "Dating."

Red sat back on the couch and stared at them dumbfounded. "Are you serious?"

"Do you not want to accept it because you're still deciding whether or not you have feelings for her or because you're worried I'm going to screw this up?" Warren was so composed it was a little terrifying.

Red was having trouble getting his words out. "I just—Rhea, I'm surprised because you said you were dating Sean. I left you to do that because I wanted you to be happy but now you're dating War?"

Rhea sat on the couch with him and took his arm. "I was seeing Sean," she admitted. "I just didn't realize I was dating him to get over Warren. You know how angry I was when he wrote that song for me. I tried to get over it but I couldn't."

"I know how he feels about you," Red sighed. "I just didn't know you felt the same."

"You need to tell her it's okay," Warren cleared his throat.

Rhea glared at her boyfriend.

"How come you didn't tell me sooner that you liked him?" Red asked Rhea. "If you did then I wouldn't have looked like an idiot trying to protect you from someone you were already falling for."

"Why does that matter?" Warren wanted to know. "Is it so hard for you to believe that someone like Rhea would be interested in me?"

They were staring at one another so fiercely that it made Rhea's skin crawl. This was the feeling she was trying to avoid, the feeling of discontent and fear. What would happen if her relationship with the suit-wearer went to the next level? Would it get awkward between the two boys? Would Red ever be happy that they found one another or would he resent them and slowly drift out of their lives? Warren was Red's producer. He wouldn't bail on him because of something like that. Would he?

"Look," Rhea sighed. "I don't want you two fighting about this again. Red, no matter what you decided it won't change our feelings for each other. We honestly just wanted to come here and let you hear it from us instead of someone else."

"Who else knows?" Red asked. "Does Christian know?"

"No!" Rhea shook her head.

Warren's nod took her by surprise. "He knows."

"He what?" Rhea felt her blood pressure rise. "How the hell does he know?"

Warren shrugged. "That's why he's been texting me non-stop. He found out somehow and is trying to talk me out of it."

Rhea scoffed as anger seeped into her skin. "What is wrong with you guys?" she asked Red. "What is so horrible about us that we can't be together? Why can't you two just be happy for your friend instead of hounding him with questions or trying to talk him out of it?"

Red dropped his head with nothing to say. 

"Well that's that," Rhea concluded standing up. "You and Christian can sit around and exchange notes on our relationship being a bad idea."

"Rhea," Red drawled rolling his eyes.

"No, no," Rhea protested getting ready to leave. "I wanted to come here and tell you out of curtesy but if you're going to be a butt about it then I shouldn't have wasted a trip."

Warren took a hold of his girlfriend's hand and headed for the elevators. Red quickly called after them. "Hold on!"

The three exchanged an awkward glance. "I think you're both insane," the superstar said. "Honestly speaking, I'm worried about both of you getting hurt. A lot has happened and a lot of people have tried to keep you guys apart. I think that means I'm allowed to be concerned."

"You were one of them," Rhea reminded.

"I know," said Red bitterly. "I was hinting at Nana but whatever. I want you both to be happy and if that means it's going to be together then I'll accept this."

"Don't do us any favours," Warren retorted.

"Look, I'm trying here!" Red argued. "You can't just expect me to be okay with it right away!"

Warren glared at him. "That's exactly what I expect!" he yelled. "If Misha ever agreed to be with you do you think I would be a dick about it?"

"Stop," Rhea tugged his arm feeling sorry for her friend. "That's way over the line."

"And what if Christian agreed to date Misha?" Red quietly asked.

"He has feelings for Tegan," Warren blurted. Rhea held her scoff in. Feelings for Tegan? What a joke. That asshole wasn't capable of being in a relationship. He was nothing but an asshole.

"You want to talk about being supportive then lets talk about it War," Red said crossing his arms. "You really think Chris is capable of having any sort of relationship?"

Funny, Red thought the same thing. Was Warren the only one oblivious to the fact? He knew Christian the longest. Wait. How did the conversation shift to Christian's love life? They were supposed to be discussing her relationship with the suit-wearer. Rhea was too intrigued to push things back on track.

"Can we focus on us," Warren intertwining his fingers with Rhea's. No. No! Let's talk about Christian and his make belief feelings for Tegan, Rhea wanted to say.

Before she could open her mouth to speak, the elevator doors opened with a loud ding. Christian Lu strolled in, his eyes scanning the number of bodies in the living area. He moved towards Warren, took him by the arm and asked if him if he had lost his mind. Rhea couldn't believe how insensitive the asshole was being. Was he overlooking her on purpose? He made her so angry she thought she was going to lose her mind. Ready to punch him in the throat, Rhea clenched her fists tightly.

"Did you even think this through?" Christian hissed at Warren. "Rationally think this through?"

"I'm right here you fucken ass," Rhea sneered.

Her words took Warren and Red both by surprise. "Why all the hostility?" the asshole asked.

"Because you're a waste of space!" Rhea exclaimed ready to fight him on her friend's behalf.

"Rhea," Warren sternly stared. "I know you're not a fan but that's a bit much."

"I'll assume Tegan told you what happened," the asshole predicted.

"Wow, you guessed it!" Rhea beamed. "And here I thought all your brain cells were drained by your dick."

Warren intervened. "Okay," he drawled. "I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess that Chris did something really, really stupid. Rhea never crosses lines like that without good reason."

Christian rolled his eyes.

"Feel free to share with the class," Red said.

Shit! Rhea couldn't let Christian say anything to his friends about the incident. Tegan would be humiliated.  "Do you want to tell them or should I?" the asshole asked. It wasn't a big surprise. With the way he did things, so casually and carefree, of course he would feel no shame about it. Tegan on the other hand wouldn't want to be that girl and Rhea wasn't going to let him ruin her reputation. It's not like she knew what she was getting herself into. That ass took advantage of her!

"I'll punch you in your smug little face if you open your mouth," Rhea threatened pushing him away from the other boys.

"If you didn't want them finding out then you shouldn't have been so mean to me," the jerk replied.

"If I tell her you told them Tegan will kill you herself," Rhea rebutted.

Christian's eyes wandered a little. He was probably thinking about what Tegan would do if she got her hands on him. It was odd. Rhea felt like he was blushing a little. He was probably thinking about perverted things, the jerk.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

29K 1.4K 47
𝐖𝐞 𝐰𝐞𝐚𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐦𝐚𝐬𝐤 𝐨𝐟 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐟𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐜𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐬𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐬 𝐀 𝐍𝐞𝐰 𝐒𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐭, 𝐓𝐡𝐚𝐭'𝐬 𝐖𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐑𝐨𝐬𝐞...
2.6K 183 38
Ben starts to care. About you. About people. About his girlfriend. About feelings and being a person. Growing up. But it's difficult. Seemingly, espe...
32.9K 2K 39
Two personalities from different worlds. Can the troubled pasts that brought them to the same place bring them LOVE? Can love endure their troubled p...
773 99 66
After Alyana suffered a horrific car accident, it resulted her into becoming wheelchair bound. Alyana goal was to try to survive this life of hers b...