Conflicted (Boyxboy)

Oleh InfamousLove

~ "When I first met you I had no idea how much you would end up meaning to me." ~ When Riley is once agai... Lebih Banyak

1
2
3
4
chapter 5
chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter nine
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
chapter 14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
chapter 23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
78
79
80
81
82
83
84
85
86
87
88
89
90
91
92
93
94
95
96
97
98
99
100
101
102
103
104
105
106
107
108
109
110
111
112
113
114
115
116
117
118
119
120
121
122
123
124
125
126
127
128
129
130
131
132
133
134
135
136
137
138
139
140
141

chapter 34

37.3K 1.2K 645
Oleh InfamousLove

Today I felt really tired, and everyone was so happy and jumpy. It was exhausting just being in their presence, honestly.

Now even after school these guys are saying they have clubs to go to and things to do. These people don't have the lazy gene do they.

This also means I am left with Chester, Hunter and Caleb. But Hunter is going on a long walk and I couldn't tag along because of my ankle. And Caleb is going riding and I couldn't go with him....because of my ankle.

So now I am leaning against the wall and sulking as I watch the horses in the stable stalls call and neigh to each other.

I know Chester is here somewhere, might be awkward if I run into him though.

I heard commotion inside and peered round the corner just as Chester burst through the door.

Seriously.

"Right I have to go into work and I don't trust you to be on your own so you're coming with me" he said sternly and disappeared back into the building.

"What? I don't want to go into the city! CHESTER!" I walked after him but he ignored me.

"You're coming with me now hurry up" is all he said while finding his car keys and I huffed.

Great, adventure.

-----

"This is hell" I complained while staring out the window of the car, maybe it could've counted as glaring as I seriously hated the traffic around me, causing loud beeping and constant sounds of engines.

I hate noise.

Chester just smirked at my complaint as we navigated the mass amount of cars extremely slowly.

I hate going into cities, so much.

An hour later I'm standing awkwardly in an office building as Chester argued with a receptionist, I think it's his receptionist actually.

Me feeling out of place was definitely an understatement, as everyone else apart from me was wearing suits and nicely dressed.

Then there's just me, wearing jeans and a hoodie.

Rockin it.

I smiled at a young man that was sitting next to the receptionist, he seemed like he was a apprentice or something. He's pretty cute, with mousy hair and blue eyes.

He smiled back and winked making me widen my eyes and snicker in pleasant surprise.

This could get interesting.

"Are you his boyfriend or something?" he said as he walked up to me, ignoring the argument like it was a common occurrence.

I smirked and shook my head.

"No,  he's my step brother..kind of" I explained and he smiled.

"He always like that?" he then asked and I sighed as I watched the heated argument.

"Well he doesn't smile allot, let's just say that" I said as my attention returned to the man and he smirked.

"Smiling? I was wondering if he ever stopped shouting" he commented and I chuckled.

Chester huffing loudly brought my attention back to him and he sternly told me to stay there before storming off down the hall.

"Peace at last" I say and both the receptionist and the man chuckled.

"What's your name? I'm Joe" the young man said as he smiled brightly.

"Riley, you an apprentice or something?" I asked and he sighed.

"Yeah, instead of going to college" he explained and I shrugged.

"Sometimes that is the better option" I reassured and he gave me a disbelieving look.

"Yeah, for stupid people" he said and I rolled my eyes.

"You in college?" he asked and I shook my head.

"Last year of high school" I said and he raised a brow.

"You go to a high school round here?" he asked, seeming like he thought lowly of them.

"Not in the city no" I said and he looked thoughtful.

"Oh yeah, Mr Stevens doesn't live in the city does he" he thought out loud.

.....oh, Chester.

"Bit inconvenient to be honest" I said as I thought back to the traumatizing journey here.

"Yeah, but he and his brothers get along, he speaks fondly of them" he said and smiled.

"Most of the time" I snicker, remembering the situation with him and Zac.

That's my fault I really shouldn't find that amusing.

I would ask why I am here, well why Chester was suddenly called in, but I doubt I'd understand what they were talking about.

"Laura!" an angry voice suddenly shouted from down the corridor and the receptionist got up with a sigh and ran down the hallway after the noise.

Hope she won't be murdered....

"Sounds like this is a lively place" I commented and he sighed in exasperation.

"Tell me about it, I've only been here a week and I feel like I'm on a set of an office drama, and been here a long time too, I'm tired out" he complained and I chuckled.

"Speaking of drama, how's living with him and his brothers? Didn't think of it as a hospitable habitat to be honest" he asked and I made a face.

"It's like a neighbours drama" I explained simply and he snickered.

He then seemed to look twice and makes sure no one was near before asking me something in a quiet tone.

"He's gay isn't he? I mean there are clues you know" he asked and I bit my lip.

"Yeah, I'm pretty sure he's into dudes" I replied and smiled when he seemed to catch on to my attitude.

"Ohhhhh...Is that why you're along with him?" he asked and I sighed.

"No, apparently I am accident prone and couldn't be trusted by myself...basically I'm a 7 year old in their eyes. And besides before you misunderstand, I'm not in a relationship with him, like I said earlier" I explained, not liking the idea of anyone thinking I was with any of my stepbrothers actually...don't want that drama right now.

".....Just him?" he asked after a brief silence and I gave him a questioning look.

"I mean he talks about his brothers flaunting their sexuality all the time...wait....YOU must be the guy he was talking about!! OMG!!" he suddenly got excited as realisation crossed his features.

Whoa, noise.

Wait...he isn't asking about...

"I'm right, right? His brother's like you am I right? Yes?" he said excitedly and I rolled my eyes.

"You could say that" I replied and he seemed to celebrate like that was an awesome thing or something...

"My deductive skills are on point; I legit thought you were that guy when you came in!" he said and I tsked.

Really.

"Wow you must get really bored to be excited about that" I commented and he shrugged.

"Yeah" he admitted without hesitation then gave me a strange look.

"You like getting together with all of them or something?" he asked with a cheeky smile and I gave him a look.

"No...not exactly" I said and frowned.

I'm not...I'm not!!

"Don't grin this is an unpleasant situation, definitely not something you want to have to deal with by yourself" I complained and he raised a brow.

"You have a ton of step brothers to talk to" he stated and I scoffed.

"Yes talking about how I'm getting off with their brothers would be a great conversation, and besides most of them seem.....you know" I trailed off and shifted my weight in discomfort.

"Go on say it, they're jealous, obviously, you're worth getting jealous over" he said and I gave him a flirtatious smile.

"Ooh well you're not too bad yourself" I replied with a flirtatious tone and moved in closer slightly.

What? Mindswell.

"Riley!" I snapped my head up and looked to where the voice had sourced, moving my hand off of Joe's arm and giving Chester a sheepish smile when I recognised him.

Oops.

He rolled his eyes at me with a frown then walked into a room.

"Riley come in here please" he called after him and I stood still with wide eyes.

"That isn't a mass murder room is it?" I asked Joe and he chuckled.

"That's his office, so yes" he said and I smirked before following after him.

Chester's office was rather large, kind of dark actually, with dark wood and walls , the only source of light being the windows showing the evening cityscape outside.

Hmm...what time is it?

Chester gave me a look as I walked in and I smiled at him.

"That was barely even five minutes on your own Riley, seriously" he complained and I rolled my eyes.

"I wasn't doing anything bad" I protested and he just clicked his fingers as he pointed to a chair.

"Sit. And don't move." He ordered and I sat down obediently and rested my head on my hand.

Man I am going to get so bored sat here.

--

"This is Riley abuse" I complained after what seemed like hours sat in the same chair. It was now dark and all I could think about was the fact that if I'd been able to stay home alone for just half an hour I'd be in a comfy room right now, possibly my bed, watching videos or chilling. But no, I'm stuck here, in a chair.

Fun times.

"Just finishing off now" Chester replied with a smile on his face. Either he'd found my complaint amusing or had sorted out the situation that was causing him to be grumpy in the first place.

I kept glancing at my phone but it had little amusement for me as I didn't really have anything on there, and Erin seemed busy as his replies were slow.

"Why are you being so patient? I mean if you were one of my brother's you would have started rampaging a long time ago." Chester suddenly asked as he stood up and collected his stuff.

"Um...." I kind of didn't know how to answer that, I mean I was just a patient person, end of.

"Come on, I'm sure you're dying to get home" he encouraged and I took note of his strange mood before practically shooting out of the chair and to freedom.

I walked past Joe as I went and he smiled at me, then approached me and gave me a card as we passed.

I smiled and put it in my pocket before turning back around and following after Chester, who'd looked back and started glaring at me.

"What? Just making friends" I said innocently and he tsked. 

--

We walked out into the streets, and I released a breath as I relished the quieter night time traffic.

"Sorry about this" Chester apologised out of the blue and I gave him a polite smile.

"It's okay, I probably would've gotten into trouble on my own anyway" I reassured and he shrugged in agreement.

I could've just ended up being perfectly fine and everything remained normal, but hey, we don't dwell on what could've been now do we.

"...And...sorry about your lip" Chester mentioned the topic I was hoping to avoid as we walked along the street and I sighed.

"It could be worse" I said and realised that wasn't exactly reassuring.

"I guess I let my emotions control me too much" he said and rubbed the back of his neck.

"Only human" I commented and again realised that wasn't exactly reassuring.

Making it even worse you idiot.

"But who could blame me with a cutie like you involved" he suddenly flirted and ruffled my hair, making me nearly stumble over in surprise.

"Uhh what.." I mumbled in confusion and he chuckled.

"Sorry, you just seemed distracted so I thought I'd take advantage of it" he explained then winked, causing me to snort and roll my eyes.

"Sorry, I was listening...just tired I guess" I explained and returned to my low energy attitude again.

"Of me and my brothers?" he said with a wince and I rolled my eyes.

"No, you guys may be....interesting at times, but I'm not 'tired' of you, don't worry" I reassured and he smiled.

"Good, because that'd be very upsetting" he admitted and I smiled and shook my head at his pout face.

"What's got you in a good mood?" I asked with a smirk and he smiled.

"Good company" he replied and I snorted.

"I hardly even spoke to you" I said and he rolled his eyes.

"Yeah, but that's better than  someone moody or too talkative, and you're nice to look at" he explained with a grin at the end and I rolled my eyes. 

"Flattered" I said in what I then realised to be a very British tone and he chuckled. 

"Back at you" I then said with a flirtatious smile and he smirked. 

"Flattered" he imitated and I laughed while shaking my head.

His smile died as he adopted a thoughtful look. 

"Just a question, do you find all my brother's hot?" he asked and I sighed. 

"Yes, problem?" I then decided to ask with a cheeky attitude and walked in front of him and away from hearing distance.

That didn't exactly work as he caught up to me with a thirst for answers expression on his face.

"Which ones do you think are hotter?" he asked with a confusing tone as he caught up to me, forcing me to stop by walking in front of me then around me with what seemed like a sly smile.

"Umm.." was the only reply i could manage, confused with this sudden unexpected attitude and his close proximity to me. 

"You seemed to find that boy hot didn't you" he stated rather then asked huskily as he leaned in close to my ear and I frowned.

What is he up to...

"Maybe?" I asked and gave him a questioning look, to which he replied with a smirk. 

"You'd fuck him wouldn't you?" he then asked right next to my ear and my jaw dropped. 

I gripped Chester's arm that had somehow managed to snake its way around my chest and gave him a 'let me go or else' look. 

"Would you?" he asked with  flirtatious amusement and I rolled my eyes. 

"Yes" I replied back imitating his attitude and he smiled.

"My my, a sexual little soul aren't we?" he teased as he walked around to stand in front of me, still keeping physical contact may I add.

He's being very sexual himself thank you very much. 

"Problem with that?" I smiled up at him, not shying away from how close his head was to mine. 

"Oh not at all" he replied with a smile, smoothly leaning in to a kiss. 

I responded with a slight smile on my face, still confused as to how this situation managed to take place. 

The kiss turned rather intense after a few moments and I began to feel aware of the few but still present people around us on the street.

Eh, whatever.

I jumped and almost bit both our tongues when his phone went off rather loudly and he chuckled as he got it out of his pocket. 

"Ah, it's Luca" he said and rolled his eyes, causing me to blush with a pang of guilt. 

Shouldn't have done that, mind you I shouldn't do anything these days, still do. 

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

9K 219 14
In love with my best friend By:Bacon_queen "He is everything that you have, and you're afraid that if you give up this little smidge of doubt you're...
47.4K 1.7K 70
Having moved on from the devastating heartbreak, Valentine swore to stay single until he finds the right one worthy of his love. But when Valentine a...
237 8 1
Living in a group home can be a trying experience for young Riley. Even more so when living with a secret that's bound to make him an outcast if it e...
800 67 21
Riley is going to turn seventeen and was excided to plan everything. Everything was going his way, but not everything always has a happy.ending, thin...