Scarred

By thatTJgirl

Twins, Tera and Stormy Montgomery have had their lives turned upside down after a tragic accident on their ei... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: Moving on
Chapter 3: Jobs, boys and mistakes
Chapter 4: Ideas are flowing...
Chapter 5:First days
Chapter 6:First Date and Mistaken Kisses
Chapter 7: Inner Turmoil
Chapter 8:Confessions...
Chapter 9:Office Mischief
Chapter 10: Work Shenanigans
Chapter 11: Night before the party
Chapter 12: Day of the party
Chapter 13: Party Tricks
Chapter 14:Friendship Blues
Chapter 15: Accidents Happen
Chapter 16: Helpful Friends
Chapter 17: Where am I?
Chapter 18: Not Again!
Chapter 19: Trip to the hospital.
Chapter 20: The truth is out!
Chapter 21: Overnight Stay
Chapter 22: Being followed.
Epilogue
Hidden Secrets.

Chapter 2: New Opportunities

480 91 175
By thatTJgirl

Whilst walking towards the café, Tera thinks, I just kissed him. I never kiss guys first. Tera reaches the café and grabs four cokes out of the fridge. "Just these thanks," says Tera as she puts the cans on the counter.

"That will be fifteen dollars and twenty cents, thanks," says the café waitress.

"Here you go," says Tera as she hands the money over to the waitress.

Tera picks up the drinks and starts to walk out of the café but halts as she notices a sign on the bulletin board. The sign was a job advertisement for a personal assistant opening at a law firm. Tera pulls the sign down and takes a seat at a table near the front window.

"Are you interested in that job cutie?" asks some guy standing behind her.

"Yeah, it sounds interesting. Hope they're still looking."

"Hi. I'm Michael Harvard, that job advertisement is still available," says Mr. Harvard, as he holds out a hand.

"Hello Mr. Harvard, I'm Tera Montgomery and how do you know that the job is still available?" asks a curious Tera.

Mr. Harvard takes a seat down next to her, "Nice to meet you Tera, the reason I know why the job is still available is because it's for my personal assistant at my firm."

"Oh, your law firm? Does that mean you are the lawyer there?" asks Tera.

"Yes and do you have any certificates in business?" asks Mr. Harvard.

"Actually I have my Cert 2 in Business, Communication and Technology," replies Tera.
"Ah I see, are you capable of completing tasks when given?" asks Mr Harvard.
"Yes sir I am," replies Tera.
"Are you looking for a job?" asks Mr Harvard.

"Yes, I was going to start looking for a job tomorrow as I just moved here," replies Tera.
"Well how about a job trial for this afternoon?" asks Mr. Harvard.

"Sure, that sounds good to me," replies Tera.

"Be at my office by 2 pm," replies Mr. Harvard as he hands her a business card with  the law firms address on it. She nods and takes the business card from him.

He gets up from the table and leaves, whilst walking away he turns around and says, "See you this afternoon, Tera."

"Bye Mr. Harvard," as she watches him walk away from her. Tera gets down from the table and heads back towards the beach.

"Why so happy Tera?" asks Stormy as Tera approaches everyone.

"I have a job trial this afternoon."

"Really where?" asks Stormy.

"I was walking out of the café and noticed a sign on the bulletin board for a personal assistant job, then some guy came up to me, the job was advertised for his new assistant. He asked me if I would like to do a job trial this afternoon, so I accepted straightaway."

"Congrats, I'm going to hand resumes out this afternoon," replies Stormy.

"You will find a job Storm, what's the time?" asks Tera.

"It's about 1 why?" asks Stormy.

"Just curious, I might start heading home. Have to be at my trial at 2. Do you want me to grab some take away for dinner after I'm finished?" asks Tera.

"Sure, pizza sounds great. Toby, do you know any good pizza places?" asks Stormy to Toby.

Toby looks up at Stormy and replies, "Yeah, there is Augello's Ristorante & Pizzeria."

"Do they do take away orders?" asks Tera.

"Yeah I think so," replies Toby.

"Sweet, I will order some pizzas before I finish my trial," replies Tera.

"Toby, do you and Seth want to come back to ours for pizza tonight?" asks Stormy.

"We would love to but we have to work tonight, can I take a raincheck?" asks Toby.

"Sure you can babe."

Toby smiles at her and grabs Seth by the shirt. "See you later boys," says Stormy.

Toby waves and Seth says to Tera, "Bye hot stuff."

"Bye Seth," replies Tera, as her and Stormy start to make their way back to their apartment, along the way Bailey joins them.

"So how was your afternoon?" asks Bailey.

"It was amazing and yours?" replies Stormy.

"Well it was good, I laid on the beach, tanning and what did you do Tera?" asks Bailey.

"I got myself a job trial for this afternoon," replies Tera.

"Really, where at?" asks Bailey.

"At a law firm to be a personal assistant," replies Tera.

"Congratulations Tera, you will nail it. So what's for dinner?" asks Bailey.

"Pizza. Tera is going to pick it up after her trial," replies Stormy.

"Yummy, I dibs the shower first," says Bailey.

"Bailey, you don't need to dibs the shower anymore, all our rooms have an ensuite," replies Tera.

"That's right I forgot," responds Bailey.

The three girls laugh together, as they walk into the building with their arms around each other's waists and dripping water all over the lobby floor. Standing there by the elevator were the boys, Tera asks, "Hold the elevator please?"

Toby and Seth turn around and Seth replies, "Oh, I will."

"Thank you Seth," replies Tera as she grabs the apartment keys from the doorman.

The girls get into the elevator alongside the boys. Stormy has Toby pushed up against one corner kissing him. Bailey looks blank faced at the pair. On the other side of the elevator, Seth tries to make a move on Tera. Bailey just keeps her eyes on the elevator doors as it ascends up the building.

The elevator stops at the third level and Tera says to Seth, "How about you go to your apartment and learn some new pickup lines and try them on me when you see me next. If you're lucky, you could get another kiss or even a date."

Seth winks at Tera and asks as he gets out of the elevator, "How about a kiss for the road?"

Tera blow him a kiss, "There's your kiss."

With that the elevator doors slam shut, Bailey asks Tera, "Someone is playing hard to get?"

"Well I learnt from the best," replies Tera as she points towards her sister and Toby.

It didn't take the elevator long to get to the fourth level, as the doors open up Stormy pushes Toby out as they finishing kissing. Tera quickly presses the button to make the elevator doors close. Tera and Bailey start to laugh at each other while Stormy just stands there holding her fingers over her mouth.

"So you like him Storm?" asks Tera.

"No, why would you say that?" blushes Stormy. The elevator stops at the girls' level and they make their way out.

"Well let's see Storm, you were just standing their holding your hand over your mouth after you finished kissing him. You totally like him," teases Tera as she opens the apartment door.

"I don't like him Tera," snaps Stormy.

"Storm, you like him, don't need to deny it."

"Seriously Tera, shut up I don't like him. You like Seth, so you can't talk hey," bickers Stormy.

"Storm, I may like him yeah but I'm not going to hook up with him every time I see him, I'm sorry but I'm not a slut."

"Are you insisting that I'm a slut?" asks Stormy.

"Yes I am and I don't care what you think, because that's all you will ever be," replies back a fuming Tera.

"Tera, you have turned into a real bitch since Mum and Dad died, you don't need to talk to me like that," replies Stormy as she storms off inside to find her bedroom.

"Well if I didn't have such a bitch for a sister, I wouldn't be acting like this, would I? Oh and the master bedroom is mine," yells Tera towards Stormy.

"I'm a bitch and I like being a bitch, just don't talk to me anymore Tera," yells back Stormy from her new bedroom.

"Whatever Stormy, I hate you," replies Tera as she runs up stairs to her bedroom.

"Alright, what just happened here?" announces a shocked Bailey.

No one replies back too Bailey so she asks, "So no pizza for dinner?"

"No I'm going to my job trial."

"No, I'm going to print some resumes off."

"Alrighty, I might as well go lay down on the couch since its only 1.30pm," says Bailey.

Bailey locks the front door of the apartment, and plops herself on to the couch. Tera was in her master bedroom, getting ready for her job trial as she places a picture of her parents on her desk. Stormy on the other hand was changing out of her bikinis into her high waisted rip pants and a yellow shirt that shows off her cleavage.

Tera quickly scanned her closet for an outfit that is suitable for her job trial. She chooses a white blouse and a black pencil skirt. Tera looked at the time on her phone and it was 1.40 pm, she had about twenty minutes to get to the law firm. She quickly chucks on her ensemble and dashes down the stairs. Tera grabs her car keys of the kitchen bench and leaves a sticky note on the fridge for Stormy and Bailey, the sticky note said: Gone to job trial, be home later. Love Tera.

Tera rushes out of the apartment and into the elevator. Once in the elevator she keeps pressing the underground car park button, where her car is parked. The elevator didn't take long to get down to the underground car park; Tera quickly hops out of the elevator and scans the underground car park for her silver convertible. She finds her car two rows away from her, Tera frantically walks to her car. Unlocks the door and quickly starts the car up. Luckily that Tera's parents got her a car with a GPS installed, she quickly jots in the address to the law firm and is on her way to her job trial.

It didn't take Tera long to get the law firm but it took her ten minutes to find a car park, by the time she got out it was 1.55 pm. Tera hurries into the law firm and as she walks into the building Mr. Harvard walks out of an office.

"Tera, you're here and just on time," says Mr. Harvard as he looks at his watch.

"I'm never late to anything Mr. Harvard," replies an eager Tera.

"That is good to know now Tera your first task is to photo copy these documents I need them back on my desk in an hour," orders Mr. Harvard as he points to where his office is.

"I can complete that task, may I ask where the photocopier is?" asks Tera.

"It is down the hall, first left and you will find the photocopier and stationary room," replies Mr Harvard as he walks back to his office.

Tera heads of down the hall but instead of turning left she turns right. "There's no photocopier in here," says Tera.

"No this is the mail room, are you new?" asks some guy.

"Yes I am, I was looking for the photocopier. Could you please send me in the right direction?" asks Tera.

"When you leave this room, go straight ahead into the room across the hall and there is your photocopier," replies the guy.

"Thank you, I'm Tera by the way and you are?" asks Tera.

"Nice to meet you Tera, I am Oscar," replies Oscar.

"Well it was nice to meet you Oscar but I have to go do some photocopy. I might see you around," says Tera as she leaves the mailroom.

As she is walking out Oscar says, "Hey would you like to get a coffee with me after work?"

Tera turns around, gives him a little wave goodbye and says, "Sorry but I don't think I can."

Tera finds the right room where the photocopier was and quickly photocopies the documents.

Tera walks back down the hall and knocks on Mr. Harvard's office. "Who is it?" asks Mr. Harvard.
"Mr. Harvard, its Tera," replies Tera.

"Come on in Tera," responds Mr. Harvard. Tera opens the door and walks into Mr. Harvard's office.

"Mr. Harvard, here are the documents you asked to be photocopied. Is there anything else you need me to do or complete for you?" asks Tera.

"Oh Tera, great job and you had them to me before I even asked. Would you be able to go across the road to star bucks and grab me a coffee?" asks Mr. Harvard.

"Sure, what type of coffee?" asks Tera.

"Double shot of espresso with 2 sugars. Thank you Tera, you're a real life saver," replies Mr. Harvard.

"You're welcome Mr. Harvard," replies Tera.

"Tera use this card it charges the coffee to the business. Grab something for yourself as well," orders Mr. Harvard as he hands her a swipe card.

As Tera takes the swipe card, she smiles and replies, "Thank you, I will back soon with your coffee."

All Tera can hear as she leaves his office is Mr. Harvard saying, "Take as long as you need."

Tera hurries out of the law firm and walks across the road to Starbucks. Tera walks into the Starbucks, orders Mr. Harvard's coffee and orders a latte for herself. Tera takes a seat whilst waiting for the coffees. She texts Stormy while waiting saying: Hey Storm, hope you have a good afternoon handing out resumes. Sorry for everything I said earlier. I don't actually hate you. Love you, Tera. The coffees didn't take long to be made; the lady who took Tera's order brings the coffees to her.

"Thank you," says Tera as she gets up to leave the coffee store.

She hurries back over to the law firm, as she was walking back inside Oscar says to her, "Sent on your first coffee run?"

"Yes I guess," replies Tera as she quickly tries to pass him.

"Trying to get past me Tera?" asks Oscar.

"Yes sorry, got to get these back to Mr. Harvard," replies Tera as she waves Mr. Harvard's coffee in front of him.

"Are you sure we can't get a coffee together after work? Or maybe a drink?" says Oscar as he pushes his mail trolley past her.

Tera hands him a piece of paper with her number on it and says, "Text me later and I will let you know if I am available." She quickly walks away without saying goodbye after she hands him her number hoping that he will text her, she goes up to Mr. Harvard's door and knocks.

"Tera, is that you?" asks Mr. Harvard.

"Yes it is, how did you know?" asks a flirty Tera.

"Well I was hoping it was you with my coffee," replies Mr. Harvard as he opens his door.

"Here I am, and here is your coffee," says Tera as she hands him his coffee.

"Thank you Tera, may I see you for a moment in my office?" asks Mr. Harvard as he takes his coffee.

"Sure Mr. Harvard," replies Tera as she walks into his office. Mr Harvard follows Tera to near his desk and he put his hand out to show her to take a seat. Tera takes a seat in front of Mr Harvard's desk and asks, "What did you want to see me about?"

"I can see that you can photocopy documents and get me coffee but are you able to answer all my calls and do errands for me when I ask?" asks Mr. Harvard.

"Yes I can Mr. Harvard," replies Tera.

"Would you like to be my personal assistant fulltime?" Asks Mr. Harvard.

"Are you for real?" Asks Tera.

"Yes I'm for real, does that mean yes?" Asks Mr. Harvard.

"Yes," replies Tera as she jumps up out of the chair, she was just sitting in and throws her arms around him.

Mr. Harvard smiles at Tera and she says, "Sorry for getting carried away. It won't happen again."

Mr. Harvard laughs and replies, "It's ok Tera, I understand why you got carried away and threw your arms around me."

"You do Mr. Harvard?" Asks Tera.

"I do indeed Tera. You are carried away as you have a handsome guy as your boss," flirts Mr. Harvard.

"Mr. Harvard, that may be correct that you are handsome but I got carried away as I have got a job as a nice person's personal assistant," replies a cheeky Tera.

"Tera I know we are going to become good friends, now please your office is right next to mine," says Mr. Harvard as he points through the glass wall to where Tera's new office is.

"I get my own office?" asks Tera.

"Yes of course you do my dear," replies Mr. Harvard as he opens the door to Tera's office.

"Thank you Mr. Harvard," says Tera as she walks into her office.

"You're more than welcome, now when the phone rings for me, please inform me before you transfer the call to me and I will call you when I need your assistance," announces Mr. Harvard as he was leaving Tera's office.

Tera nods her head and walks over to her desk. She touches her desk and then takes a seat. Tera notices that there was a laptop on her desk, so she picks up the phone and dials Mr Harvard. "Mr Harvard is that macbook mine on the desk?" asks Tera.

"Yes it's your work laptop and in the top draw is your blackberry that is only for work purposes. Now please let me get back to work," replies Mr. Harvard.

"Oh sorry for bothering you, and thank you once again," says Tera as she hangs up the phone.

She can't believe that she had got this job and that her boss was quite attractive. As well as having her own blackberry and apple macbook.

Tera looks at the time on her phone and sees that it was 3 pm and was wondering how Stormy was going with her job hunting. Just as she was going to call Stormy, the phone on the desk was ringing.

Tera answered the phone saying, "Mr. Harvard's office, Tera Montgomery speaking."

"Tera darling, may you please go get me some sushi from the store down the road and get yourself something while your there, the company's credit card is in the top draw next to your blackberry. I need you to have your blackberry on you at all times whilst out of the office so I can get in contact with you. Thank you darling; see you when you get back," says Mr. Harvard on the other end of the phone.

"Yes Mr. Harvard, I will get that straight away. Would you like a drink with that?" asks Tera.

"A drink? Can you get me an iced tea? Oh and please call me Michael" asks Mr. Harvard.

"Surely can Michael," responds Tera just as he hangs up the phone.

Tera picks up her handbag, places the blackberry in it and puts the company credit card in her wallet for safekeeping. As she is walking out of her office, she gives Mr. Harvard a little wave goodbye and leaves to go down the street to grab Mr. Harvard his sushi for lunch.

Tera has to walk half way down the street to find a place that sells sushi. She walks inside the sushi place, as she was about to order her phone starts ringing. She quickly scrounges through her bag to find the phone that was ringing, she finally finds the phone vibrating and ringing at the bottom of her bag. Tera looks at the screen and sees Mr. Harvard's name on the screen.

Tera says as she answers the phone, "Hello Mr. Harvard, has there been a problem at the office?"

"Darling, I'm sorry to bother you. But I forget to tell you what type of sushi I want," responds Mr. Harvard on the other end of the call.

"Oh yes that's right, what type would you like?" asks Tera.

"May I please get 2 rolls of vegetarian sushi," replies Mr. Harvard.

"Okay, I will be ordering it as soon as I hop off the phone with you," replies Tera.

"Alright, thank you again darling, see you when you get back to the office," responds Mr. Harvard as he hangs up the phone.

"Bye Mr. Harvard," says Tera just as he ends the call.

Tera puts the phone back into her bag, grabs out her wallet and orders Mr. Harvard his sushi, her sushi and gets them both iced tea. The lady who serves Tera, hands her the sushi in a plastic bag, Tera places the iced tea in the bag and thanks the lady. Just as she was walking out of the store, Stormy walks in and Tera says to her, "Hey Storm, what's up to?"

"Oh hey Tera, just taking abreak from handing resumes out. What are you doing?" asks Stormy.

"I'm here getting my boss some sushi," replies Tera.

"How's the trial going?" asks Stormy.

"He handed me the job, I will explain everything tonight. But right now I haveto get back to work, good luck with the rest of handing out resumes. Hope youget a job, see you tonight," replies Tera as she gives her sister a quick hugand kiss on the cheek as she leaves the store.

She hurries back and hands Mr. Harvard his sushi and iced tea. As she was about to leave his office to go and eat her food in her office, Mr. Harvard says, "How about you eat with me inhere? I would love to have your company?" Tera agrees and pulls up a chair.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

429K 9.9K 31
⇢ STORY BY : ❱ http:˚♡lvesaturn! ˚ˑؘ :🍥: ·˚ ⇢ COVER MADE BY : lvesaturn♡ [ DO NOT REUSE OR USE FOR ANY OTHER WEBSITE ] ⇢𝓡𝓾𝓷𝓷𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓽𝓱𝓻𝓸𝓾𝓰�...
334K 11.9K 31
Cate, broken and hurting, has escaped to Phoenix to live with her father and start anew. Lakebay at one time was her home and safe haven. She lead a...
182K 3.8K 50
Completed (Needs Editing) Love, lust, an age gap, a mafia and a love triangle. Will this love heal or wreck them? __________________________________...
34K 1K 45
Ash has tried to keep the secret of what happened to her during the infamous decade to herself, but when her twin brother finds his mate, things star...