Just Stay.

By just-a-future-author

Emma has a lot to deal with. Between trying to find The Dark One, and dealing with angry citizens, she barley... More

The Calm before the Storm
I need you to be safe.
A shift in the sky
Necessary Sacrifices.
Betrayal and Broken Hearts
The road to ruin
The Dark and the Dangerous
Wonders and Worries
Love and Loss
Sorrow and a Soulmate
Alive and an Afterworld
Emotions and Explanations
Hearts and Heartbreak
Torn but Together
Life and Laughter
Always? Always.
Dreams {Dying}
Flirting (and food!)
Truth and True Love
Frights and Fights
Dreams (Delusion)
Truth and Lies
Threatened
Understandings

Caught and Careful

1.6K 86 36
By just-a-future-author

AN: Errrrrr, better late then never? Hope you like this one guys, and as always please please please PLEASE leave me a comment either to tell me what you thought or correct me on something, honestly reading your comments make my day.

Enjoy!

Oh and Happy Halloween to everyone that celebrates it!

They leapt apart. Obviously it wouldn't work to use the old "you had something in your eye" trick given their situation, and she was suddenly feeling like a rebellious teenager caught making out with the boy her father told to get out of the house 2 hours ago. She jumped up from the couch, running her fingers through her hair. She could see Hook out of the corner of her eye, see him putting his hands behind his head.

She could feel him smirking.

Bastard.

Her father on the other hand, was not smiling.

"Errr, good morning?" She said it like a question. Whether or not it would be a good morning was about to be decided.

Her father swallowed hard.

"For both of our sakes, I'm going to pretend I saw none of that, but don't think I'm not going to find a way to secretly poison him later." He said coldly.

Hook let out a snort of laughter, and she shot him a look,. She nodded vigorously towards her father. She knows very well that she's a full grown adult and that she can be with whoever she wants, but David never got to play the protective parent, so she thought she would at least give him this.

On the other hand, she might not put it past her father to actually try and seriously injure her boyfriend, so just to be safe, she thought the best thing to do was to separate the two of them as soon as possible.

"Hey Dad?"

He made a disgruntled sound in the back of his throat which she took as a "yes?"

"Do you think you could get my coat from upstairs?"

"Where are you going?" He broke eye contact with Hook.

Victory!

"We were thinking of running some errands before mom woke up, she's been complaining about the lack of peanut butter for a week."

Her mother had never made one comment about peanut butter. In fact, she didn't think her mother even liked peanut butter.

"Are you bringing him with you?"

"That was what I meant by we yes."

He humphed, but she could already tell he was softening. No matter what David said about Hook, she knew there was a part of him that liked the pirate.

Liked him with his daughter? Different story.

Her father turned to head up the stairs, and she rounded on Killian.

She was totally not prepared for him to already be standing up, much less for him to be inches away from her face.

"Errands?"

"Don't be fresh. I just saved your life buddy."

"Not really, I think I'm growing on your father."

"Ya, like a deadly illness."

"More like-"

"Yes, more like mold."

He grinned, and she wraps her arms around his neck, stepping close so their noses are touching, but just barely.

"So is Grocery Shopping sound like an okay date to you?"

She whispered dramatically, raising a questioning eyebrow.

"As long as you don't force me to eat any more of that

She smiled and brushed her lips softly against his, before pulling away. His eyes were closed, and they fluttered open when she stepped back. She smirked, and began to tie her unruly blond hair into a ponytail so she looked half decent for the public.

He cleared his throat.

"Thank you by the way."

"Hmm?"

"Thank you."

She furrowed her eyebrows, the tips of her lips coming up into a small smile.

"For what?"

He ruffles his hair with his good hand. She's noticed him doing this more and more lately, and she wonders when it started.

"For earlier. For helping me." His voice dropped to barely a whisper.

She finishes up her ponytail and moves her hands to his shoulders. She knew him better than he thought, and she knew what he presented as a thank you was really an apology.

"Killian, everyone gets nightmares."

He lets out a short, bitter laugh.

"Darling I've had more than my fair share of nightmares. This wasn't one."

What was that supposed to mean?

"What are you saying?" She asked warily.

He shook his head.

"Nothing. Just do me a favor and stay away from hospitals alright?"

"I don't think that will be a problem." She muttered dryly and he laughed.

"Do you want the blue one or the red?" Her father asked from the second story.

They looked up to see David at the top of the stairs with the two coats in his hands.

At the exact same time they both said,

"Red."

Hook grinned.

"It's my favorite color," she explained quickly.

'His too' is what she didn't say.

David narrowed his eyes, and walked down the stairs, handing her the coat. She pulled it on, resisting a smile. After pulling her father in for a quick hug, she laced her fingers with Killian's and pulled them both out the door.

**************

Hooks POV

"This machine still makes no sense to me," he curses as he climbs into the passenger's seat of the yellow slug bug.

"Wait until you have to drive," she laughs.

Putting aside the stab of panic he feels, he raises an eyebrow.

"You'd let me drive this car."

She shoots him look that says are you insane?

"Hell no! David has a truck, you can use that."

He smirks, leaning back on the old worn seat. Out of the corner of his eye he sees her setting her jaw, raising her chin, her fingers tight on the steering wheel. She's preparing herself for something.

There's an almost strange silence in the car until-

"Why would you say that?"

She said it louder than strictly necessary, rushing.

"Say what?"

He knows what.

She swallowed.

"That everyone knew you loved me more than I loved you."

He knew they were going to talk about this eventually. He leans back.

In the heat of the moment he had told her a little too much. Part of him thought she would be pleased, be at least happy to see him. Most people would be. He had been a pirate for 300 years and he prided himself on being able to read people. To know them, to know what they were going to do even before they did it. And it was true that he could read her, read Emma. Better than most people, sometimes better than her parents. But parts of her were still mysteries to him. There were times when she was utterly, completely, insanely unpredictable.

Those were usually the times he loved the most.

Most people would be thrilled to see their, well, someone they care about return after almost dying.

But no. This was Emma. She had been pissed.

Of course had.

He hated to admit it, especially to the her, but he had meant everything he said. Whether it was right or wrong, he had meant it.

"I thought it was true," he said simply.

He was the one that fell first. It wasn't a deniable fact. And it was a lesson taught to him by years of experience of being the second to cave, that the first always loved more. Always got hurt more when it was over. He thought she accepted the fact that she may like him, love him even, but he was in far too deep to go back. Well, he used to think.

Now after last night, he wasn't so sure.

What would happen now?

AN: I know I know I know really awkward place to end the chapter but I needed to put something up for y'all! 

Comments, likes and follows are legit close to the best thing ever, the best thing ever being Once Upon a Time of course.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

48.4K 2.3K 42
Emma Swan lost her hearing in the accident that killed her parents on the way back from the hospital. When she'd grown up, just when she found someon...
4.5K 234 11
Emma Swan's life has been nothing but disappointments. After her parents tragic death, she was stuck with her terrible step mother and step sisters...
154K 6K 41
" I told you Swan, I'm a survivor " - Hook _______ I do not own Once Upon A Time. Thanks to ABC for this amazing show ! ~ First OUAT fanfic I wrote ~
83.8K 5.7K 33
Emma Swan thought that falling for a guy, at first sight, was impossible, until one day she met Killian Jones aboard a train. The strong and unexpec...