The Night Queen

By jrhabellie

THE SUPREME TRILOGY BOOK 1 Rain Louise Scott, a candidate for B.A.N.G. Merlin, has sent herself on a quest, f... More

Note
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Epilogue

Chapter 5

10.4K 292 8
By jrhabellie

c h a p t e r      f i v e

1979, November 6
NYC, 4 a.m.

The news spread like wildfire. Hermano Herrera died last night. The FBI found a lead to the possible culprit who orchestrated the hit. Although it wasn't released officially, his death brought about a typhoon to Estella.

More pale than she looks after her surgery, she tried to stand and go to see her father but she wasn't allowed by Red and the police officers who were deployed to keep her secured and protected because they don't know if she will be the next target.

She breaks down in tears, in her knees and fell. She was broken-hearted that she never got to see him. She wasn't able to see him before she delivered her babies and it was though a curse came to her.

The reason why they didn't let her see him was because his face was unrecognizable due to the inhumane activity casted upon him and this may cause shock to Estella who was already starting to feel uneasy. She couldn't breath and then she fell to the cold hard tile, unconscious.

They immediately responded when they couldn't feel her pulse. She was too weak. The moment they got her vitals back, Red cried. He couldn't think of anything right now besides her. If he loses her, he will lose his mind.

***

RAIN'S POV

2019, October
Scott University, Philippines, 9 a.m.

"Okay, we have an exchange student from Stellar Academy of Technology. Please introduce yourself."

"Rain Louise," I said plain and flat. Kita ko kung paano magreact ang mga taong nakatingin sakin. There faces screams 'We don't care. Get out of our sight!'

I rolled my eyes mentally. They started to whisper. Nagtaas ng kamay ang isang maputing babaeng sobrang iksi ng palda.

"Yes, Miss Fajardo." Yep, that's her. Remember the two brats I've told you, she is one of them. She is spitting exactly like the image I saw in her profile. Don't think I was being nice because that wasn't a compliment, for your information. One blow in the neck and she's out.

"Are you lost?" she said pertaining to me. Okay? Bring it on!

Most of the guys were laughing and also the girls who were branded as meeks and geeks. Lame. Hindi ako sumagot. It's a shame that I couldn't throw a dagger on that throat. Poor her. She nearly swap her life with the devil. Also, I noticed that some of the chairs were unoccupied. Are there absentees? If yes, then I would think SU was not that pro in this field.

"I don't think SU is the right school for you, sweetie. I hope not to see you again the next period. Sayonara," she blew a kiss and waved her hand. I'd really love to put two or maybe three daggers inside her mouth. I'd be thrilled.

"Miss Fajardo," suway ng Instructor sa kaniya. They were just laughing. Laugh all you like, life's too short. Who knows?

"You may take your seat," sabi niya sakin. As I was walking on the aisle, everyone is moving their desks, keeping their distance away from me.

"Lily, get me my hand sanitizer and alcohol. I don't know what bacteria has gotten into this room or maybe a virus." Nagtawanan ulit sila. I really feel sorry for her. She's on the waiting list. My. . .waiting list.

There're five vacant seats at the back. I've chosen the seat next to the window. This will be a long day. It was the last class before lunch.

Pagkatapos ng klase agad akong lumabas. I paved my way to the cafeteria because who else wouldn't be starving after hours of thinking. I haven't had food since yesterday. I need to eat fast because I don't want any trouble but if they do, I'd give them one. Besides, I have to clean my wound.

I was about to eat my last pieace of meat when I heard footsteps coming my way. Great. Through the shiny marbled floor, I saw girls walking towards me.

"Look who's here," she said in the most unpleasant voice. Ugh! This is so tiring.

"Rain Louise. . ." Wow. News really spread so fast. Especially here. Tss. I didn't know she caught names that easy.

Yumuko sakin ang isang babae. She looked like a pumpkin. Tss. She's tanned and it does not fit her. Honestly.

"We met again," she said acting cool when in fact she looks like she's trying hard or something, in a bad way.

"Excuse me, but can you move your head? I was trying to eat. And I don't think we met so who are you again?" I ask with innocence and just put on a plain face. Some laughed and some gasped by my sudden intervention. Everyone in the cafeteria stopped eating and were anticipating an enormous scene to happen but sadly, I wouldn't give her that. I will surely fire the person incharge. This school is a mess. Tss.

"I'm sorry, what?" Is something wrong with her ear or was it her brain because I don't think I'll have to repeat myself.

"Apology accepted," I said. People went 'Woah!' and were whistling and cheering for whoever their bet was. I don't care as long as they let me finish my meal and I'll go.

"If you'll excuse me, the steak will get unappetizing."

And to everyone's surprise except me, she flipped the plate and the food went flying while the plate smash through the cold hard tile. And then she pulled me on my collar.

"You know, Rain Louise, you don't belong inside. The trash were outside so get your food there."

One thing I really hate was messing with my food. That animal sacrificed its life to be on my plate and this is how she disrespect it.

"Now, if I were you, pick your shit and walk away," dagdag niya habang tinuturo ang kinalat niya. Nanatili ang katahimikan sa buong cafeteria. Maging ang mga chef ay napatigil rin. I was trying to keep a low profile but she asked for it.

"Then pick it up," I gave her the most bored look but with a touch of warning.

"You seriously didn't-"

"Pick it up," I said word by word. "You said if you were me you'd pick this shit. Then get your ass down there and pick it up."

She looked flustered. Anger rushed inside her as she draw her hand to give me a big slap. Two things I hate, messing with my food and messing with me.

I took a deep breath. I don't think this will do. Before she got her filthy hand on my face, I grabbed it and forced her down the greasy meat that fell on the floor, with her face 2 inches away from it. Napatayo ang iba sa mga estudyante para pagmasdan ang pangyayari. Her eyeballs look like they're going to fall out.

I was holding her in her collar so she doesn't smash her face, she'll be sorry. "Now, repeat after me. I. . ."

She struggled to get off my grasp but she's only getting herself in a rather unpleasant feeling from choking. "Repeat after me. I. . ."

She was humiliated. I saw one of her members grabbed a glass of water and was about to splash it to me but I scared them by nearly getting my hands off this brat and if I do, she will really kiss the meat on this floor. "I don't think I have to repeat myself."

"I. . ."

"I. . ."

". . . will never waste food again. . ."

". . . and will pick this shit up because I made a mess."

She hesitated for another minute. Don't worry, she isn't choking. I was supporting her body by holding her arm. ". . .and will pick this shit up because I made a mess."

Then I pulled her up and signaled one of the kitchen staff to get her the cleaning tools. "I will sue you!!!"

I threw the tools to her and she struggled to catch it. "고소해 Sue it." I said using a famous line from BTS' Mic Drop. This is Cliff's fault, he's always playing that song now it was stucked in my mind.

In three, two, one, she freaked out. She was crying while shouting for she couldn't believe her eyes. Samantala, puno ng tawanan ang buong cafeteria.

I stood up leaving them laughing out loud. Let them fix what they broke.

Hindi ko alam kung saan ako hinatid ng mga paa ko. Nalaman ko nalang nang mapagtanto ko ang kabuuan ng lugar. Nasa greenhouse garden pala ako.

Maganda ang pagkakagawa. Nakabase sila sa Victorian style. May tubig sa gitna at napapaikutan ito ng mga bulaklak.

Sa kabilang dulo naman, may daanan papunta sa kung saan. Tinahak ko ang daan na ito at dinala ako ng mga paa ko sa isang dome kung saan mayroong mga upuan at mesa. Kumbaga parang sa mga coffee places ngunit sa loob ngalang ng greenhouse.

And overlooking at my left side, there's a swing bench. I never thought there's something like this in here.

I guess I found a place where to stay better rather than talking with narcissts and toxic people.

I spent the whole lunch break at this place and went back to class. The vacant seats before were still unoccupied.

They must be the troublemakers. Those kinds of people should be avoided. People were staring at me while I walk my way to our room.

Kahit na pati sa loob ng klase, nakatingin lang sila tapos nagbubulungan. Tss. Hindi pa ba sila natapos sa nangyari kanina? They're overdoing it. Seriously, they need to stop.

Pagkatapos ng klase, hinintay ko muna silang makaalis bago ko tinungo ang kinaroroonan ng motor ko.

Pero pagkarating ko malapit dito, may anim na kalalakihan ang nakapalibot rito.

***
The Night Queen
by jrhabellie

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.8K 379 36
*They are fire, they are water, they are earth, they are air, they are elementals* -------------------------------------------- Sapphire is a norm...
56.6K 975 30
Violet Morningstar is the older sister of Charlie Morningstar and is the eldest daughter of Lucifer and Lilith Morningstar. While her sister opens up...
1.2K 125 26
Clint was punished by the royals to find the Goddess together with his friends but what if the Goddess they are looking for is his love one? Will it...
753 78 66
A decade and a half passed when another Holy War started where a tale of a clash between the Dragon of Destruction, Bahamut against the entire forces...