Unexpected (TVD/The Originals...

By InLeesWorld

Elena Gilbert gets the surprise of her life. So, she, Bonnie, and Caroline heads down to The Crescent City to... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Unexpected Sequel

Chapter 23 Pt. 1

3.5K 101 17
By InLeesWorld

DISCLAIMER: I DO NOT OWN ANY OF THE TO/TVD CHARACTERS

Elena's POV

Flashback

Bonnie stayed with me all night, trying to soothe me. It got so bad, she put that sleeping spell on me again.

I woke the next morning, void of any emotions. I went to my closet and packed a small bag.

"What are doing, Elena?" Bonnie asked waking up from her slumber.

I took a breath. "Despite what Damon did, I promised that he would be bury in his family tomb." I said walking out the room. I could hear Bonnie shuffling out of the bed and running to me.

"Elena, I know you're upset, but think about this." Bonnie pleaded.

I just continued ignore her, knowing she would just try and convince me otherwise. I walked out the front door, pausing to look at the frontyard. It was spotless, no evidence to what happened less than a day ago. I shook my head, clearing the memory. I continued my journey to the garage.

I opened the door and found my car in the far corner. I went over and unlocked the door, throwing my bag on the floor. "Bonnie, you can stop following me. I'm not changing my mind. Where is Damon's body?" I said, getting on the car. I had to push my seat back to fit.

Bonnie ran on the other side and got in. "I don't know. I stayed in the room with you." She said.

I turned on my car and pulled out of the garage to pull in front of the house. Up ahead, I can see Elijah standing on the porch, arms crossed, looking directly at us.

I parked the car in driveway in front of the house. I got out, then looked at Elijah. My hands clenched at my sides as I looked at his cool expression.

"I wasn't aware you were going to going out today, especially..."

"Don't! I don't want to hear it! All I want know is where is Damon's body?" I growled, feeling a familiar burning sensation behind my eyes.

"He is in the cellar. Why?" He asked.

"I need to take him home, Elijah. I promised." I said, reluctantly.

Elijah sighed. "You don't owe him anything, Elena."

I felt the familiar tightening in my chest. Tears came and I leaned against the car. My hands cupped my eyes as I wail. I felt a presence closing in on me and soon as a hand touched, I pulled away.

I looked up at Elijah, surprise written all over his face. "Don't touch me. Whether I owe Damon or not, there is one person you didn't think about in this." I wiped at my tears.

"Stefan deserves to be able to bury his brother. He deserves to know that I'm the reason his brother is dead. I did that, Elijah. I'm going to give Damon a funeral. So, please go get Damon or do you want me to do it?" I said.

The front door opened and both our heads turned in that direction. Kol came over, Damon thrown over his shoulder. He walked over to us, walking around me to open the car door.

Bonnie opened the other side to pull Damon through. Once they had him situated, they closed the door. Kol turned towards me. "Look, I'm not going to act like I'm all torn up, but I'm sorry that you got hurt." Then, he surprised me with a hug.

It was so out it his character, but I couldn't find myself to care. I felt safe and that everything was going to be all right. Some tears escaped me when I hugged him back.

"Thanks, Kol." I said as we pulled apart. He simply smiled, then walked away.

Bonnie came over to me. "If you insist on doing, at least let me or Caroline go with you." Bonnie asked.

"I can't stop you from going, but I need to do this on my own. I just can't handle everything that's going on. I need space right now." I said wiping away my tears.

"Elena, I cannot warrant you to go off on your own, no matter the situation." Elijah stated, putting his hand against the car door.

I sighed, turning towards Elijah. "I'm not asking for your permission, Elijah. I need space." I said, looking in his eyes, bordering irritation.

"I understand your need to resolve some issues, but you are pregnant Elena. What don't you comprehend about that?" Elijah argued back.

"Its hard to miss! I'm reminded everyday with the constant badgering!" I yelled.

"Well maybe if you wasn't constantly putting yourself in dangerous situations!" He frowned.

I gasped, taking a step back as if lessen the sting of figurative slap. "How could you even say that? I have never put myself in danger intentionally! Or my babies! I'm not about to argue with you!" I yelled.

He started to reach out to me. "Elena, I didn't mean-" As soon as he touched me, I lashed out. I didn't know I slapped him until I saw his face position to the side.

"You don't get to do that! Damon has always been there for me, despite that hurt him so many times. I knew he was out of control most times, but he was there. YOU TOOK HIM AWAY, BASTARD! NOW I HAVE TO BEAR THE GUILT! NOW I HAVE TO GO BACK TO MYSTIC FALLS TO TELL STEFAN TO HIS FACE! TO HIS FACE! LOOK HIM DEAD IN THE EYES AND TELL HIM HIS BROTHER IS DEAD! NOT YOU!" I yelled, pushing him away from the car door. I opened the door, maneuvered my way behind the steering wheel.

I slammed the door, gripping the steering wheel. I did train breathing, thrumming my fingers along with my heartbeat. I finally calmed down. I started my car and drove off.

*Time Jump*

I pulled into the Salvatore parkway when it was nightfall. I would have gotten there earlier, but I needed to drive slow to figure out what to say.

I look to the house and lights were on. I zoned in with my hearing and I heard light footsteps. I could tell someone was heading my way. I looked up to the door when it opened and saw Stefan in doorway. My throat tighten when our eyes met. I subtly looked at Damon's body then back at Stefan.

I exit my car when Stefan decided to step out more. I closed the door and walked slowly up to the entrance. When I made it, we just looked at each other. Before I knew it, I was wrapped in a warm embrace with Stefan. I wrapped my arms tightly around, holding my tears at bay.

"Damon?" He asked, as if he already knew.

"You knew he came to New Orleans?" I asked, not moving from the hug.

"I tried to stop him by locking up, but he escaped. I haven't heard from him since." He said, pulling back. He kept me tucked under his arm, leading me to the house.

We walked to the living room, him sitting me on the love seat, then sitting himself on the other side of me. We just looked at each other, not conveying any importance, just enjoying the momentary peace.

I took the time to observe Stefan. Physically, he was the same, but his eyes. Eyes was filled with the most sorrow. Those hazel green eyes that still leave me captivated, breathless.

"Damon is dead, isn't he?" He asked as clasped his hand together, observing me.

I bowed my head, avoiding his torturous stare. "I tried to stop it, Stefan. I swear. He showed up at a party and attacked me. He injected me something.."

"Augustine virus. It increase the bloodlust for vampires. It turns out that Damon was held captive by these doctors that was experimenting with vampires." He explained.

"Well, he infected me with the virus at the party. Then, he lead a group of vampires against the Mikaelsons. He had the white oak stake, ready to kill Elijah. I tried to ask him to compel him, Stefan, but Elijah was soo angry. Then, I tried to tell Damon to leave, but he didn't care. He came with the intention of suicide if I didn't come back. I promised him I would bring him home and bury him with his family" I said, breathing in and out to control my tears.

I looked back at Stefan, who was looking at the door. "He's in the car?" Stefan asked, already raising to his feet, heading to the door.

"Yes." I look as Stefan walked outside. I stared at the open door for a while, expecting Damon to waltz in there with his cocky smile. I felt so empty, alone. I laid down, finally letting loose. I cried for him. Stefan. Alaric. Jenna. Jeremy. My parents. My family was dwindling before my eyes.

One hand cradled my belly as the other massaged my head. I heard the floorboards creak, but I didn't have the nerve to look up. I looked away, facing the back of the loveseat.

Minutes passes into hours before I got up to check on Stefan, despite not knowing whether he wanted to see me or not. I went up the steps, passing Damon's room. I came upon Stefan's room. I knocked on the door, waiting for an answer.

"Stefan? You probably don't want to talk to me, but I'm just checking on you." I said. He was clearly in his room, because I can feel his presence. I opened the door, risking Stefan's anger. I peeked my head through and the sight chilled me.

Stefan was standing there, with a stake position at his chest. I quickly push myself in the room. I shook my head. "Stefan, don't." I said quietly.

His hazel green eyes found me, tears lacing them. "There is nothing left for me, Elena. My brother is the only person that was constant in my life." He argued, clenching the stake tightly.

"Stefan, that isn't true! You have Caroline and Bonnie who cares! They will miss you. And me? I will be there as longs as you need me! Whether if it is through the phone or coming out to spend two weeks out of a month with you. I will be there! We have lost enough people, Stefan. Don't do this!" I pleaded. I didn't know how close I got to him, hand barely touching the stake.

Since object my proximity, my hand grasp the stake. I looked to his eyes. He was crying, making the whole situation surreal. "He's gone, Elena!" Stefan cried. I grabbed the stake, tossing it on the side. I immediately wrapped him in my arms, letting him cry. This wasn't my time.

I don't know how long it was before Stefan finally settled down enough before he pulled away. I walked him over to the bed for him to lie down. I took off his shoes and turned off the light. I was about to exit the room.

"Elena, can you stay with me for the night?" He whispered. I started to nod but realize he couldn't see me. I walked on the right side and sat down. I slid off my shoes and position myself facing Stefan. I grabbed his hand and just held on all night.

Two weeks ago, we buried Damon. It was a nice ceremony. A friend of Damon showed up, Enzo. He was a vampire that was held captive with Damon. He was charming, but I knew he was dangerous.

I was sitting at the counter, watching Stefan whip me something up. That conversation was awkward when he finally acknowledged that I was pregnant. Even though he was exactly happy that I slept with Elijah, he was happy that I was going to have the babies.

Only person from New Orleans who bugged me was Kol. He called all hours throughout the day from the most random topics to what would Bonnie like. I should get my phone number changed.

Stefan walked over and placed a pasta dish in front of me. It had saute vegetables with scrambled italian sausage meat. It was covered with marinara sauce with penne pasta.

He place his own food in front of himself and sat across from me. "Not that I'm trying to get rid of you, but when are you heading back?" Stefan asked, taking a bite of his pasta.

I smiled. "I don't know. Soon? Believe it or not, this is the most peace I've since I arrived in New Orleans." I said, taking a bite of my pasta. I moaned from the savory taste. I miss Stefan's cooking.

"If you didn't captivated me with your good looks, your cooking would have done the job." I laughed.

Stefan smiled. "Don't change subjects! That's not the whole reason you are staying." Stefan said.

I placed my fork on the counter. "I'm afraid to leave. I feel close to Damon here. I'm afraid of leaving you! I know you, Stefan. I'm going to leave and you will become a recluse. I want to be assured that I'm going to be able to talk to you constantly, knowing how you are doing." I said, reaching over grabbing his hand.

"You truly scared me more than I have ever been when I saw you holding that stake over your heart. I don't want to come back and discover your body, Stefan." I said.

"I know and I'm sorry. I promise to call everyday. I won't do it again." Stefan kissed my hand.

"You don't have to apologize, Stefan. You have the right to feel anyway you want." I said. The rest of dinner, we sat in comfortable silence.

After a couple of hours, we both headed to his room. We both flopped on his bed, sighing. "I'm soo full!" I exclaimed.

My head started to tingle before my vision blackened. I gasped, jolting upward. I was in the woods at night, but they were familiar. Felt like home. I looked around and saw a figure heading away from. I got up and yelled "Hey!", but the figure kept walking.

I decided to follow the figure. After about ten minutes, I could see a little light ahead. It was a big hut amongst the smaller ones. I frowned, trying figure what time period I was in. With the dimming light, I could see that it was a man. From the back, I could see that he had long blonde, tied in ponytail. Though he didn't have a big frame, he was quite muscular.

He approached the big hut, walking in. I quickly ran up to the door, sliding in.

"What is she doing here, Esther?" I whipped my head to the conversation. I looked at the man and I instantly took a step. He was soo young, but I could recognize his face anywhere.

I followed Mikael's line of vision to a younger Esther and another woman who had brown hair. Esther looked so startled. The brunette looked calm, but the resemblance to Esther was noticeable.

Esther immediately broke away from the brunette, taking steps toward Mikael. "Mikael! I wasn't expecting your arrival so soon." Esther said nervously.

"Esther, I'm waiting." The brunette said impatiently.

"Waiting for what? Esther, explain why this woman in our home." Mikael ordered.

"Dahlia, please let me tell him." Esther pleaded.

The woman, Dahlia sneered. "I don't have time petty quarrels. Speak swiftly." Dahlia growled.

"Mikael, I've done something, but I had no choice." Esther started to cry.

Mikael moved closer to Esther, bringing her in his embrace. "Esther, speak the truth." Mikael ordered.

"I couldn't have children, Mikael! So, I went to Dahlia for a solution." Esther stuttered over her words, grasping onto Mikael's shoulder.

Mikael looked down at Esther bulging belly confused. "I don't understand." Mikael stated.

"I was barren, Mikael. Then, Dahlia blessed me with a infertility spell. But the consequences weigh heavy." Esther looked away, afraid to meet Mikael's eyes.

"Consequences?" Mikael questioned, looking at Dahlia.

I looked back and saw a little girl, no more than four or five come from behind Dahlia's legs. Mikael looked confused, before outrage clouded his expression. He drawed his sword and aimed it at Dahlia.

"Unhand my child, wicked wench." Mikael inched forward, but Esther stopped him.

"Mikael, don't! It can't be undone!" Esther pleaded.

Mikael yanked away from Esther. He resumed his stance. "I will not speak again!" Mikael growled.

Dahlia laughed, but it cold and harsh. "I do not fear you, Mikael! The power I possess exceed your comprehension." Dahlia exclaimed, holding the child near.

Mikael having enough, charged at Dahlia with Esther screaming no. Mikael's clattered to ground when Dahlia hand lifted up. Then, his hands went to his neck. He started to wheeze. She was suffocating him!

"Dahlia, stop!" Esther ran to Mikael, who was turning a little purple. Esther threw herself at Dahlia's feet begging her to stop.

Everything was so intense, Mikael's eyes rolling to the back of his head, that's when she released her hold. Mikael dropped to ground, gasping for air. Esther ran over to him, hugging to his body.

She leaned down and whispered a spell that sounded familiar. Mikael started to become unconscious, that was when I realized that was the spell Bonnie used on me.

"You didn't have to do that." Esther sobbed.

"That man and those savages held us captive. Massacred our village! You have disgraced our lineage, rejecting your birthright for that mongrel! His people deserve worse! Remember Esther, I've showed another act of kindness." Dahlia said, picking up the little girl.

The girl started to reach out towards Esther, wiggling in Dahlia's arm. "Ma-Ma."

Esther cried, looking up to the girl. "My sweet, Freya. Please, forgive me. Mother is truly sorry." Esther said.

Dahlia walked passed Esther, whispering to herself. Esther looked up startled frowning. "What did you do, Dahlia?" Esther looked at Mikael.

Dahlia smiled. "I erased his memory, but I wouldn't be surprised if he experience some sudden mood changes or others effects." Dahlia said, walking out of the hut.

"DAHLIA!" Esther screamed, but the vision began to rippled and her voice echoed. Another vision rippled into another.

This room was modern and kind of messy. I turned around and saw Davina standing before a weird symbol. She was chanting and the wind started to pick up.

A figure started to materialize and after a few minutes the man rolled his shoulders. But I knew that particular frame. It was Mikael.

Then, I was jolted awake by someone shaking me. My vision cleared, seeing Stefan standing over me, looking worried. "Elena, are you okay?" Stefan asked, helping me sitting up.

"Yeah. I just blacked for a minute." I said, shaking my head.

"For a minute? Elena, you were out for twenty minutes! I would have believed you fell asleep if you weren't moaning and murmuring. I thought you were in pain." Stefan said.

"No, I'm fine. By being a temporary witch, I sometimes receive a vision of the past, at least that is what I have received." I said.

Before Stefan could say more, my phone started to ring. I grabbed it and looked down at it.

I answered, putting it to my ear. "Hey, Bonnie." I said, rubbing my head.

"This is going to sound weird, but did you have one of your visions again?" Bonnie said.

I frowned, looking up at Stefan. "Yeah. How did you know?" I asked.

"Well, I don't know how many greats grandmother, Ayanna, came into my dreams. She revealed some things about Esther and a woman named Dahlia." Bonnie explained.

"Esther's sister. In my vision, Dahlia took a child of Esther and Mikael. Her name was Freya." I said.

"Well, Ayanna told me that Esther was barren. Dahlia performed a just fertility spell for her." Bonnie responded.

"In the vision, this Dahlia lady was bitter. Angry towards Esther. She talked about her village being slaughtered." I explained.

"My vision morphed into something else, Bonnie." I said.

"Like what?" Bonnie questioned.

"Are you alone?" I asked in whisper.

"In my room, yes, but give me a second. I will call you right back." Bonnie said. She hung up the phone abruptly.

I put my phone down and sighed. "It is always something with this family! It is bad enough because they have psycho grandparents, now a great-aunt." I said to Stefan.

"It is going to be fine, Elena! You survived a lot!" Stefan said, smiling.

"And that's no understatement!" I laughed. I looked down at my phone, when it lit up. I hurriedly picked it up and putted to my ear.

"Okay, the room is secure!" Bonnie said.

"My vision morphed in the present-future. Davina brought Mikael back to the living." I said.

"WHAT! Elijah burned the last stake!" Bonnie said nervously.

"But I don't think witches want us to kill him. I think this all ties in with this prophecy surrounding the babies. I believe we need him." I said.

"He's dangerous! He tried to kill his own kids! What's going to stop him from trying to kill you and the babies." Bonnie argued.

"Well, I don't, but I have a hunch. It was just something Dahlia said before my first vision ended. Just trust me." I said.

Bonnie sighed. "I do trust you, Elena. But if you are wrong, we have another dangerous enemy running around." Bonnie said.

"I understand, but if this Dahlia going to be trouble, I'm going to need him. The witches wouldn't have sent me a vision of her in it unless she was involved somehow." I said

"Okay. I just hope you are right about this." Bonnie said.

"Me too." I said, flopping back on the bed.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18K 575 18
All Human: Elijah and Elena were happy and in love. An accident leaves them broken and forgotten, what happens when they see each other again years l...
114K 3.1K 30
New vampire Elena Gilbert is almost happy with her boyfriend Stefan. But then the other brother comes back into town and feelings begin to grow. What...
12.7K 273 14
Emil Gilbert is the adopted older brother of Elena and Jeremy Gilbert. He's the quiet sibling. He's the mostly unwanted Gilbert. He doesn't give a sh...
52.3K 1K 14
Elena and Bonnie go to New Orleans to help the Originals! Elena and Elijah reconnect in more ways than one!