Dreamscape

By SheHopes

[COMPLETED] (BOOK II IN THE DREAM SERIES) All her life, Dani Deleon has been plagued by other people's nightm... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
The Final Chapter
~ Epilogue ~

Chapter 23

36.2K 3.2K 525
By SheHopes

"You idiot!"

Bart Silverman opened his eyes to see his very pregnant wife standing next to him. His muffled words were ignored by her as she continued her angry tirade, "What were you thinking? I trusted you and this is what happens?"

He removed his gag after she untied his hands and legs, "Most women would be shocked or worried to find their husbands tied up."

"I'm not most women and this isn't the first time I've seen you tied up. Granted, at least you're not tied to a bed this time."

"I swear I wasn't cheating on you Meredith. That Deleon woman went crazy."

"She went crazy? That's your excuse?"

"She went ballistic after I told her that there was no guarantee of her getting pregnant."

"You're lying!"

"I'm not lying," Dr. Silverman raised his right hand. "I swear it."

"You expect me to believe that she did this to you because you told her she still might not have a baby? Are you expecting me to believe that? Your head's bleeding. That tells me you were struck. What did you do? Try to force her?"

"Listen to yourself. Why would I need to force anyone?"

"That's right. You have tramps like Genevive willing to sleep with you," Meredith pushed her husband away when he tried getting close to her.

"Do you have any proof that I slept with Genevive? You know she's a liar. You can't believe a word she says."

Meredith sat on the love seat Dani had been sitting on earlier, "I don't believe you anymore Bart. Once shame on you. Twice shame on me. Although this wouldn't be twice, would it? I know you've cheated on me before and I always overlooked it but I'm carrying your child now Bart! We're going to be a family. I don't deserve this! I love you. I've always loved you. Since college it's always been you in my heart but I'm so sick and tired of this."

"You know you're in my heart too Meredith."

"You're so full of it," she couldn't stop the tears from coming. "I've done everything for you Bart. Everything. I always thought love was supposed to be understanding and forgiving. So I would tell myself you were just playing with those other women. That it was me that you loved."

"Of course I love you."

"Seeing you tied like some pathetic animal opened my eyes. You know what I've realized?"

Bart wondered if he should apologize or deny when it came to her accusations. Before he could speak, Meredith continued.

"I realized that if you really loved me, you wouldn't disrespect me like this. You wouldn't cheat on me. I know you're no angel Bart. Sometimes I think you're Satan himself. How can I raise my son with a father like you?" Meredith stood up and turned away from her husband. "I think we should stop now."

"What are you saying? Stop what? I'd be a great father to our son."

"I'm saying I want a divorce."

Bart licked his lips as he looked around the room, "You want to take my son and leave me?" He was shouting to her back as she refused to look at him.

"Shouldn't you be happy? Now you don't have to sneak around with women."

"You ungrateful bitch! If you want to leave then go! I don't care. My son stays with me. After you have him, I'll sue you for full custody."

"Bart, you're delusional if you think you'd have a chance against me," she slowly turned her head. "I know about Callie Sommerby."

"What are you talking about?"

She scoffed at his endearment, "You think I don't know what happened when she came over shouting that you had drugged her? I tried to give you the benefit of the doubt but seeing you here tonight just proves it. What? Did you try and force that Deleon woman too? Bravo! Now I have a witness for my side of the custody battle."

"I didn't touch her!"

"Stop lying!" Meredith covered her ears, "I can't take it anymore. Just stop it!"

She turned to leave and Bart grabbed one of the fertility statues in the office. He held it in his hands, knowing first-hand the damage it could do.

A gunshot filled the air and Meredith turned to see Bart, poised to strike.

----------------------

"Put the gun down," Bo said calmly to Molly.

They were by the lake and Simon had his hands raised as she aimed the gun at him.

"Stop playing games and shoot if you're going to shoot!" Simon spat.

"Shut up," Bo hissed.

"You never loved me. Never," Molly's hands were shaking as they held the small but deadly weapon she always carried in her purse.

Shelly and Dani had followed the sound of the noise and hid behind some trees as they watched the scene unfold. Dani had to grab Shelly to keep her from running to her husband Bo.

"If she gets scared, she might shoot you," Dani whispered.

"Weren't your police friends coming? Where are they?" Shelly was biting her lip as she looked at her husband who was trying to pacify the upset Molly.

"Why did you marry me if you didn't love me?" Molly shouted.

"Why do you think?" Simon made a frustrated sound. "What do you want from me? Happily ever after? That doesn't exist. Not for people like us."

"Why not? What did I ever do to deserve this?" Molly quickly wiped her tears with the back of her hand.

"You know what you did."

"Molly, put the gun down," Bo said again.

Molly ignored him, "I want you to tell me the truth, Simon. What did I do that was so bad to make you hate me so much? You used to love being with me."

"Love being with you? That's when I was an escort. You paid me! Of course I was going to act like I cared for you. Don't you get it? It was all an act! Fake!"

"No! You're lying. You don't mean that," her voice started to crack. "I know you don't mean that. Those smiles. Those kisses. They were real. They meant something."

Simon cursed, "How can I love someone that killed my first wife?"

"What are you talking about?"

"You're going to play dumb now?" Simon took a step forward.

"Stay back!" Molly waved her gun at him again but he continued walking forward until his chest was pressed against the barrel of the gun.

"You want to kill me? Then just do it. You're angry because I won't give you a kid. I'm sorry but I'm not that big of an asshole. I cheated on Sarah. I even married you after she died because I wanted the money but giving you a kid isn't something I can do. Making you happy with a child isn't something a line I'll cross. I can't betray her that way."

"Do you realize how stupid you sound? Why do you keep blaming me for her death? I didn't kill her. She left you! She committed suicide and left you! I'm here. Standing in front of you. Desperate. Desperate to know why you can't even give me an inch of your heart, you stingy bastard! Stop acting like you're some noble widower. You cheated on her. Yes, you can say it was for the money to pay her medical bills but that's just a load of crap. There are other ways to get money. What's really pissing you off? The fact that you enjoyed yourself while you were having an affair? Or the fact that you got caught?"

"Shut up! If you hadn't called and told her that I was an escort she wouldn't have wanted to commit suicide!"

"I didn't!"

"You're a liar! I saw your number on her cell phone."

"So this is your punishment? Make me miserable? I'll just divorce you."

Simon laughed, "If you could've done that you would've already. You love me too much to lose me."

Another tear trickled down Molly's cheek, "You know that and still you do this to me."

"If you want to pull the trigger, go ahead Molly. I'll finally get to see Sarah again."

"You bastard," Molly's lips trembled. "I wouldn't give you the satisfaction." She lifted the gun to her own head.

Dani screamed and Bo rushed forward, wrestling the gun away from her. Shelly ran forward and begged Molly to let the gun go. Bo took the gun from Molly and pushed her back while Shelly and Dani ran to join them. There were other guests from Majestic Waters, watching the scene unfold. Dani scowled at all of them, "The cops are on their way so please...go back to your cabins."

Simon didn't move from his spot. He watched his wife sobbing on the ground but didn't give any indication that he was going to comfort her.

Shelly hugged her husband, "That was so brave of you!"

"Dani, are the cops really on their way?" Bo asked, his eyes on Simon.

"Yes. They should be here any minute," Dani also looked at Simon whose lifeless expression reminded her of a zombie.

"They'll come and take this crazy woman away. She could've hurt you Bo! I was so worried. You were missing and Jax is missing. Oh no! Dani, we still haven't found your fiancé," Shelly shared an anxious expression with Bo. "What if something happened to him?"

"If he's missing, I'm sure we'll find him," Bo gave her arm a gentle squeeze.

"The police are coming?" Molly asked, slowly standing up. She looked past Dani, Simon, Bo, and Shelly. Her eyes widened, "Who is that?"

With the exception of Simon, they all turned to look. Molly dashed past the lake and into the wooded area of Majestic waters.

"She's getting away!" Shelly cried. She punched Simon's arm, "Your psycho wife is getting away."

They started to chase after her but Dani lagged behind. She called Roberto who picked up, "How much longer until you get here?"

"You still haven't found Jax?"

"No, and everyone in this place is a total psychopath. I don't want to be around any of them. I want to go home."

"A psychopath, huh?"

"I'm not kidding Roberto. I'm worried about Jax. None of these people are sane. They're all desperate for a child. Who knows what they'll do next?" She turned towards the lake and gasped. "Oh crap! Oh crap! Oh crap! Roberto...get your ass here now!"

"What's going on Dani?'

"The lake...there's something in the lake. How much longer until you get here?"

"I'll be there in about thirty more minutes. What's in the lake?"

Dani took a deep breath, "I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure I'm not. Oh crap!"

"Dammit, what is it?"

Dani walked towards the edge of the lake to be sure, "It's a body."

"Do you know who it is?"

"Yes. Please hurry!"

Roberto disconnected the call turned to the officer that was driving him to Majestic Waters, "Put the pedal to the metal."

Meanwhile, Molly was running as quickly as she could. She could hear Simon, Bo, and Shelly calling her name. She didn't want to see them. They'd turn her into the police for trying to kill Simon. She saw a light in the distance and smiled. It was a cabin. She decided she would hide there until she figured out what to do next.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22.9K 1.1K 24
BOOK THREE... Kia and Miles have overcome so much in the little time they've been together. Miles did the unthinkable at Tyrone's stag night. He was...
Dream Catcher By SheHopes

Mystery / Thriller

2.2M 146K 33
[COMPLETED] (BOOK I IN THE DREAM SERIES) Dani Deleon has a problem. With a single touch, she can see people's nightmares. When she starts to see the...
2.2K 477 48
When an evil force from a parallel dimension threatens her world, a college student with supernatural abilities realizes that insomnia is the least o...
616 7 32
Hi, Thank you for taking time to read my story. This will update once a week. I would love to know what you think about it. If you like the story...