ANCHOR ° S. STILINSKI

By iliadwolf

Twins have to have each others back. [Teen Wolf seasons 1-3] [Book 1 in the Jayla McCall series] + undergoing... More

pre-note
THE BITE ☙
CAN'T PLAY ☙
HIS SISTER ☙
NIGHTMARES ☙
BULLET
Your Yoda I Will Be
an alpha that's into team work
the alpha's eyes
She's better than you.
date with the biggest douche in beacon hills
winter formal
burn peter
lost and found
Bad dreams
Ice Rink
hallucinations
kanima
another detention
raving
you let it happen
figure it out
save jackson
alpha pack
bank vault
you didn't..
Reese's. I want Reese's
somewhere nobody will find us
Banshee
I promise.
We're killing them?
shifting directions
find your anchor
I trust you
electricity
Bow and Arrow
Find Him
you're killing her
Things happen
into his mind
Allison
What happens next?
Endings
sequel
30K OMG
100K !!

mom's got a date with the devil

12.5K 308 494
By iliadwolf

           I waited by the bleachers as everybody from the team went to the locker rooms. "Hey Jayla. Have you seen Stiles?" I shook my head. "No actually. Not since he went to the locker room." He nodded and glanced around the field. "So, do you want to come over for dinner?"

      I bit my lip and leaned on my left foot. "I can't actually." He raised his eyebrows and nodded. "Why not? It's not a bother." Quickly, I nodded and lightly blushed. "Yeah, I-I know but I kind of have a uh, a date." He raised both of his eyebrows and smiled lightly. "Oh yeah? With who?"

      My face dropped. Crap. He's going to be mad. No he's going to be beyond mad. He hates Jackson. "Um, it's-it's uh-" Before I could stutter out Jackson's name he had came up to me and put an arm around my shoulders. "Hey you ready?" 

      Stilinski looked back and forth between Jackson and I. My mouth tugged up in a slight smile and he let out a sigh.

        "You're the one going out with Jayla?" 

       Please don't be a dick please don't be a dick. 

      "Yes sir." I nearly choked on my spit and looked at Jackson. Did he really just call Stilinski sir? He never calls Stilinski sir. He cleared his throat and looked Jackson up and down. 

      "Oh, god." I let out a mumble but neither of them heard me.

      "Right, Well I'm not her dad or anything but I expect her to be home safely before ten."

        "Stilinski, it's already nine."

      He looked down at me and nodded. "Fine. Ten thirty. No later you hear me? And she better be clear of any scratches." Jackson nodded quickly. He seemed to have no want to be rung out by the sheriff.

    "Will do." I smiled slightly as Jackson put his hand on my back. "Well, we should get going. Bye Stilinski, tell Scott I'm going out if you see him. If not Stiles probably already did." 

       "Will do. Bye have fun." He realised what he said and I scrunched my face up. Not the idea I wanted in any of our minds at the beginning of the night. 

    "I know what you mean. Gotta go byyyyyyyyeeeeee." I pulled Jackson after me, and out of the house before Stilinski could say anything. So we were clear of awkward questions from parents for the rest of the night.

     "I am so sorry." I rushed out, my cheeks burning. He chuckled lightly and looked down at me. 

     He paused for a second before continuing, "It's okay. So, pizza and ice cream?" Immediately, a smile grew on my face and I nodded. 

     Two of my favorite things. "Sounds great. Um, just a preface. Lydia is okay with this right? I know your break up is still fresh, like... really fresh." I questioned before leaving the steps. The last thing I need to be is the girl Jackson Whittemore used to cheat on Lydia Martin.

     "Truthfully, she doesn't know. But she does know that we're completely broken up. So it's all good." He reached down and grabbed my hand as we walked to his car. "Promise." He let go to go to his side of the Porsche. I slid into my seat and he started the vehicle.

---

        "No you don't understand. Danny didn't talk to me for a week." I swallowed the bite of  pizza in my mouth and laughed. 

     "Aw Jacky didn't talk to his friend for a week. Tragic." I joked. He rolled his eyes at me and I stopped my laughing. He just stared at me for a couple seconds and then simultaneously we both started laughing.  

     "What about you?" He questioned, as I raised my eyebrow and leaned onto the table. 

        I pulled my eyebrows together, "What do you mean?" There were a few options to what he was talking about as I sat in front of him.

          "Any tragically scares stories to tell?" He pushed. I mirrored his previous movement. "I don't know. Most of them are kind of those. 'you had to be there' type of stories or else it doesn't make sense." He smirked and nodded. 

    "Yeah?"

     "Yeah. It's funny really." I looked down at my pizza before picking it up. "Want a bite?" He nodded and took a huge bite. My jaw dropped and I scarcely laughed. "You just ate half of my piece in one bite!" He smiled and chewed on his mouthful. "Let me have some of your piece then." He nodded and held up his piece. I went to take it from his hands but he shook his head and pointed to his mouth.

     Sighing, I nodded and opened my mouth to take a bite. Obviously, I couldn't take as big of a bite as he could but it wasn't the smallest bite. "Now look who ate half the piece." I rolled my eyes and sat back in the seat. Shaking my head I took a sip of the soda I had. 

      "I want ice cream." I hummed and he looked up at me. 

     "Want to go get some?" I nodded excitedly and he laughed at me.

     "Oh hush it, I love ice cream."

         He grabbed my hand and we walked outside and I stopped him. "Wait look." He glanced at me but I was pointing up at the sky. "I've never actually paid attention to the sky." I spoke, a smile plastered on my face. 

    He grinned but never looked up. "Why are you staring at me? Look at how pretty the sky is." I groaned, nudging his side. 

    "I'd rather look at something more beautiful."

      I froze and slowly turned to him. "That was so cheesy oh my god, but thank you." He nodded. "Of course. Now come on. Ice cream." Nodding I walked to the Porsche and got in silently. "You okay?" I nodded and he reached across the middle console to grab my hand. "You sure?" I nodded and looked at him smiling. "Other than my mom or Stilinski, maybe Scott. Nobody has ever called me beautiful. Or pretty or anything at all along those lines."

      He furrowed his eyebrows and looked up at me. "Well now I can tell you it. Everyday." My head snapped up to look at him quickly. "You don't-" He shook his head. "I'm going to. And you're going to smile and appreciate it. Okay McCall?" I sighed and nodded. "Okay fine." He smiled and turned back to the wheel and driving to the ice cream place.

       "Okay I'll order and you can find a place to sit. What do you want?" I thought for a second. "Am I being plain if I say Vanilla?" He nodded. "Yes very but if you want it-" I shook my head. "No no get mint chocolate chip with sprinkles," He grabbed my hand again and I looked down at it. "Whipped cream?" Smiling I raised my head again and nodded quickly. "Sure. I'm gonna go find a seat." He nodded again and turned to the line again as I went and got us a table in the front corner, near the window.

        "Here. I even added a cherry. Oh god. You're not allergic are you?"

      "Yes I'm actually severely allergic thanks!" His eyes widened and I smiled. "I'm kidding. I love these little cherries they're adorable and really good."

       "I hate you." I shook my head

       "Ah ah ah. No you don't."

        He raised his eyebrows at me again and I smiled. "You. Are incapable of hating me." He nodded sarcastically. "Yeah? And why is that?" I shrugged and picked my ice cream. "Because I'm a likable person." He scoffed jokingly. "Yeah sure. We'll go with that." My mouth dropped and I smiled, taking whipped cream on my finger. In a flash I wiped the cream on his nose and it was his turn to drop his jaw.

       "You did not just do that." I nodded and ate more of the ice cream. "But I did." He wiped it off and licked his finger. "I'll get you back later." I rolled my eyes and nodded my head jokingly. "Okay you say so Whittemore." He smirked and ate his ice cream. "I do McCall." It was weir hearing him call me by my last name. Usually that was reserved for Scott.

      "I finished mine." I looked at him and laughed. He was in fact done. "I'm not. Tell me a story while I eat." He snorted and I laughed lightly, then clearing my throat and straightening my face. "I'm serious. I know almost nothing about you. Tell me your deepest secret." His face softened and he nodded as I continued to eat my ice cream.

       "Okay well, Can you just do one thing?" I nodded. "Of course." He bit his lip and looked down. "Just- promise not to tell anybody." I nodded again quickly. "I won't. I promise." He nodded and licked his lips before taking a deep breath. "Okay, Well everybody knows that I'm adopted. Not really the biggest secret around here. But they don't know what happened to them, my real parents. The day before I was born my mom and dad, they were driving and got into a car accident."

        Putting my spoon down I reached across the table and grabbed his hand. "Jackson you don't have to tell me this." He shrugged and continued. "My father was dead on impact. Mom died on her way to the hospital. The doctors had to remove me from her dead body. The people I live with aren't even family. I think they say they're family friends? But I really don't know. Recently I keep thinking that I have to try harder. I have to-" His throat caught and I found myself frowning.

       He cleared his throat and still looked down. "I feel like I have to try harder. Or they won't accept me completely." He stood up quickly and walked out of the building and I bit my lip. Good job Jayla you just broke Jackson Whittemore. Quickly, I stood and threw out our trash and ran out after him. He didn't go far, he was stood out and around the corner. He was well hidden but I heard his sniffle. "Jackson- I'm so sorry I shouldn't have asked. A-Are you okay?"

         He shook his head and I frowned before going up to him and hugging his waist tightly. He hesitated but slowly I felt him loosen up and hug me back. He put his chin on my shoulder and I rubbed his back. "They'll accept you no matter what you do Jackson okay?" He pulled away and looked down at me. His eyes were clearly red and I pursed my lips and looked at him wistfully.

         "Sorry. I shouldn't be crying." I shook my head quickly. "You have all the reason to be crying." He wiped his face and took a deep breath. "Let's get you home yeah?" His voice sounded so soft. Almost as if he brought his voice any higher it would shatter his throat. I nodded and grabbed his hand. "Yeah sure." I knew when to drop a conversation.

       This obviously wasn't a conversation he had with just anybody. If anything he's probably only told Lydia about it. Lydia. Oh god, if I'm on her hit list because of this..

      "We're here. Do you want me to walk you to the door?"

      "You don't have-"

         "I wasn't actually asking. Come on." We both got out of the Porsche and he held onto my hand as he walked us up the pave-way. I kept glancing down at our hands and smiling until we walked up the porch steps. "Look at that. Five minutes early." I laughed and nodded. "You must be trying to show off." He chuckled lightly and nodded. "Maybe I am." He stepped closer to me. "I'll be sure to tell Stilinski how much effort you put in."

       He looked at me quickly before putting his hand on my cheek. I looked up at him and ran my tongue over my bottom lip quickly. "Jayla?"

        "Mm?"

       "Can I kiss you?"

         I heard. No I felt my heartbeat accelerate. If Scott was listening I bet he'd be able to hear it from all the way across the city. I didn't trust my voice not to crack when I spoke so I settled on just nodding.

          He leaned down and gently put his lips on mine. His other hand also found it's way to my face and I put my hands over his. I kept my eyes shut for a few seconds after he pulled back and my stomach felt like it was on fire. My lips tingled and my heartbeat was beating faster than a humming bird's.

       "Was that your first kiss?"

       I nodded.

     He leaned back down and kissed me again. Not as gentle but not roughly. It was chaste kiss and this time my hands went to his cheeks and he grabbed my waist. Slowly, I pulled back. My lips feeling like I kissed a bolt of lightning. "I have to go inside at some point." He nodded and slid his hands off my hips. "I'll see you tomorrow though right?" I nodded.

       "Yeah sure. And then at school because we pretty much have every class together." He smiled lightly and scratched the back of his head, nodding. "Right. Well I'll see you tomorrow then." I bit my lip and agreed. "Yeah, I'll see you tomorrow."

         "Hey wait I wanted to ask you something."

      He looked up at me and I nodded.

       "Sure what is it?"

       "Do you, um, maybe want to go to formal with me?"

        I smiled and nodded. "Sure, I'd love too."

     "Okay, Bye Jayla."

       "Bye Jackson"

        He walked away and got to his car before driving away. Quickly I got inside and shut the door. My back pressed against it and I slid down it, smiling. "So how was the date?" I've never jumped so high in my life. "Oh my god. Mom! You just scared the hell out of me." She smiled and ran over to me. "Scott said you had a date with Jackson. That kid you liked in middle school."

         I nodded and grinned. "I did and it was, amazing. Except for the part where I made him cry because I dug too deep and I feel so bad." She frowned and rubbed my arms. "It's alright sweetie. You'll find somebody-" I shook my head. "He kissed me." Mom's face lit up and I smiled. "He kissed you? Like an end of the night kiss?" I nodded quickly, "Yup. and he asked me to winter formal." My smile lightly grew on my face and she squealed before calming herself down.

       "Alright alright. Go to bed.  Scott wanted to wait up for you but he fell asleep before you got home. You can still stop by his room if you want." I nodded and waved her off as I went up the stairs. When I was younger I would always stop by Scott's room before going to bed. I found it relaxing to see my brother sleeping in his bed. Or sat at his desk working on whatever it was little five year old boys did.

      His door creaked quietly as I opened it to sneak in. I cringed. He could wake up with his new hearing. Slowly, I made my way over to his bed and I lightly kissed his forehead. "I know you're awake I'll tell you about the date tomorrow. Goodnight Scott."

        A smile grew on his face. Knew it. "Okay. Goodnight Jayla sweet dreaaamsss."

     I rolled my eyes and left his room. Showering, brushing my teeth, putting on pajamas and then going to bed.

----------

          The next day I was woken up by a text from Allison. 'Allison: Lydia and I are coming to get you... dress shopping <3'

      I sighed and texted her back. 'Okay I'll try and be ready' I locked my phone and went to my closet to find an outfit which was pretty easy considering the rush. A knock at my door made me freeze. "Yeah?" Scott walked in and came to sit on my bed. "So." I groaned and threw the maroon '1975' crop top on my bed.

     "I'm going dress shopping for formal with Allison and Lydia. Can this wait?" He shook his head. "Nope. Come on tell me everything." Rolling my eyes I continued going through the closet, looking for my black boots. "Scott I am not having this conversation with you."

     "You know Lydia might get mad right?" I nodded. "Yeah I'm aware of that. Thank you very much. I feel horrible enough already are you really going to make it worse?" He shook his head. "No. Sorry. Hey, um Jayla?"

       "Yes, Scott?" Finally I found them. I tossed them out to the side of the bed and went to look for bottoms. "I'm sorry." My entire body froze and I turned around. "For what? You didn't do anything." He looked at me and nodded. "I said, horrible things to you on the full moon. I-I could hear you guys. I could hear you guys out in the hallway. You were both crying. I made you cry. I'm not supposed to do that."

      "Scott that wasn't you though." He nodded. "Yes it was. It was me. I said it and I feel absolutely horrible. I'm a bad brother." My feet shuffled over to him and I fell next to him, wrapping my arms around him. "You're not a bad brother. You're the best brother. Now I have to get dressed okay?" He nodded and I grabbed the clothes I took out and some black jeans and went into the bathroom.  

      "Look I promise I'll tell you later on." He nodded and I smiled. There was car horn downstairs and I quickly ran out of the room and outside. "Hey guys." I slid in the back and leaned forward. We talked as Allison drove and then it's like she remembered something. "I need to stop for an errand before we go shopping." Obviously Lydia and I nodded and she drove us to the forest. What could she possibly need here?

        We trekked through the trees and Lydia complained behind me, she also held onto my arm so she wouldn't fall. "Allison - When you said you needed to stop for an errand before we went shopping - a five - mile hike in the woods was not what I was expecting." I nodded. "Yeah what she said." Allison laughed lightly and continued walking. "Hey Lydia , Before I forget, I wanted to ask if you're okay with something." She lightly squeezed my arm. "What is it?"

       "Jackson asked me to the winter formal." She froze for a second pulling me back but then kept walking as if nothing happened. "Did he?" I nodded and licked my lips. "Uh, yeah. And we kind of had a date last night." This time she completely froze. Oh crap. "I-" She cut me off. "That's nice. Now back to the matter at hand. Why are we out here?"

      She wasn't mad. Okay then. "I just want to see something." She dropped the bag in her hand and pulled out her bow and arrow. Lydia looked at it confused. "What does that do?" She looked at the arrow head that Allison held in her hand. "We're about the find out." She twisted it onto the arrow and Lydia stood behind me as she shot it. When it hit the tree it exploded and I jumped. "What the hell was that?"

      "I don't know." Lydia nodded and walked closer to Allison. "Well - that was fun! Any more lethal weapons you wanna try out?"

       Allison held out her bow. "Hold this." Lydia looked at me and then gestured to the bow. "You take it." I nodded and grabbed it. "Wait what are you doing?"

      "  I thought I heard something." Lydia looked slightly scared. "So - what if you heard something?"

           " So - I want to find out what that something is. Don't worry. It's probably nothing."

           "Well, what if that nothing is something and that something is something dangerous?"

         Allison looked at us. "Shoot it."

         Lydia nodded and looked at the bow in my hand. "Will do." Allison walked off and Lydia and I were forced to stand there. "It's fine with me you know." I looked up at Lydia quickly. What's that mean. "What do you mean?"  She sighed and adjusted her bag. "Jackson. It's fine with me. Just don't hurt him." I nodded quickly. "Of course not."

      She smiled lightly up at me. "You know. I never realized how pretty you are. How have we never hung out before?" I shrugged. "Probably because Scott wasn't first line in lacrosse." She nodded and twisted her hair. "Well I'm glad I get to change that now. We're going to be good friends Jayla McCall." A small smile cracked on my face. "Indeed we are Lydia Martin."

       Allison came back and she took a deep breath. "We're fine. It was only Scott. He found my necklace." She had a smile on her face as she held it up on her neck. "So Scott followed us?" She laughed lightly and nodded. "Yeah, yeah he followed us." Her eyes squinted as she laughed and her head slightly nodded up and down.

        "Okay so how about those dresses?" Allison shook her head. "I'm not really up for it anymore. We can go tomorrow or some other time yeah?" I nodded and looked at Lydia as Allison took her bow. "Okay fine. But we have to hurry home then." Allison nodded and picked up her bag. "Sure. Come on." We walked back literally five miles to get to Allison's car. "How do people not get lost in this oh my god." Allison turned and laughed as we got to the car.

          "We're gonna drop you off first because it's on the way to our houses." I nodded. "Alright." Lydia glanced at me and I smiled. "Oh! Tomorrow night we're all sleeping over my house. Then I pick out outfits for you guys to wear Monday." Allison shook her head. "With everything happening my dad won't let me. Maybe after this all blows over?"

          Lydia nodded and turned to me. "So you want to Jayla?" I nodded slightly and grinned. "Yeah sure, I'll ask my mom tonight and text you- wait I don't even have your number." She looked at slyly and nodded then held out her hand. Quickly looking through my pockets I pulled out my phone and handed it to her. She added it and gave it back. "And there. Now you do." I laughed slightly and slid back in my seat. "Yes I do."

      Allison got to my house and I slid out of the backseat and went to the driver's door. "I'll be back later. I have to drop Lydia off." I nodded. "Alright." I went inside and up to Scott's room. "Hello brother." He chuckled and sprawled out on his bed. "Hello sister." I rolled my eyes and sat on his desk chair.

         "So are you going to tell me about that Jackson date yet? Were you even going to tell me about it?" I nodded quickly. "Of course I was Scotty. I just didn't get around to it and I figured Stiles would have told you anyways. I'm sorry." He nodded again and I sighed. "So. Do I have to beat him up?" I laughed lightly and shook my head.

       "No. No. He's uh, he actually asked me to formal." He sat up quickly and looked at me. "Wait, he's what?" I nodded sheepishly. "Taking me to.. formal?" He clenched his jaw and I stood up. "Why is he taking you to formal?" Shrugging, I looked down. "I don't know actually. He asked me last night and-" Scott stood up and started walking to the door. "Scott. Scott don't. Scott what are you-" He froze when there was a knock on the door and Scott opened it to reveal Allison.

          "Hey Scott. Your mom let me in." He sighed and sat on his bed. "Hey Allison." I waved awkwardly and she looked between us. "Did I interrupt twin talk time?" Scott and I both book her head. "No, no. Um, I'll leave you guys-"

        Suddenly mom showed up at the door. " Hey, Jayla,Scott, I'm coming home late tonight - what? What - what's wrong? Is it - is it my hair, makeup?" My jaw dropped and Scott was looking at her as well. "No. No, nothing. You look beautiful." I nodded as Scott said that and Allison smiled. "You look amazing." Once again I nodded slowly and I looked her up and down. "Amazing. Why do you look amazing?"

         Mom smiled and smoothed out her dress. "Because, amazingly, I'm having dinner for once with a member of the male gender who's over the age of 16." I laughed lightly and smiled. "Who?" She shrugged and looked at Scott. "Uh, it's a medical rep that came into the hospital, today. Yeah, we just kinda started talking, and the next thing I know, I'm saying yes to dinner and - I'm really hating myself for skipping the gym last week." I rolled my eyes and looked at her.

         "You look perfect. But what medical rep?" The doorbell rang downstairs and mom's eyes widened. "That- medical rep. And, uh, I'm not - I'm not ready. I'm not ready. I'm not done, I'm not ready, so if you could please just get the - get the door and talk with him, okay, just - Be nice." I nodded and went downstairs to open the door. I stopped and slowly walked towards it. The bell rang again and I jumped.

          When I opened the door nobody was there. I turned to her as she stood at the top of the stairs. "For the love of God, please! Hey. What are you doing? Aren't you gonna invite him in?" When I turned back Peter Hale was standing on my doorsteps. My eyes widened and I tried to slam the door but he put his hand up and pushed it back open. "Really? Slamming the door in my face? That's rude."

         I glared at him. "I'll tell her." He shook his head. "That I used to be a catatonic invalid with burns covering half my face? Good luck with that." I clenched my jaw and frowned. "If you as much as lay one hand on her. Or hurt her in any way-" He held up his hand and looked at me. "Jayla. If I could interrupt your listing of the top five most impotent - sounding threats for a moment, try and remember that I've been in a coma for six years. Don't you think I'd like to have dinner with a beautiful woman?"

        Mom stood at the top of the stairs again. "Or maybe - You think that I've come up with an idea. Like how it might be easier to convince Scott to be part of the pack - if your mother is too. You need to understand how much more powerful we are together - Scott and me and Derek. Did you know that some of the most successful military operations during the second world war were the German U - boat attacks? Do you know what they called them? Wolf packs. Did you know that? Or are you failing history as well?"

            I nearly growled at him. "I know the German's lost the war." He nodded slightly. "I think you'll find that most historians would argue that as a failure of leadership. And trust me, we don't have that problem here." Mom came down the stairs and smiled. "I'm ready, I'm ready. Sorry again." Peter nodded and I stepped in. "Mom." She looked at me. "Yeah sweetheart?" I bit my lip and glanced at Peter, then scratched the back of my neck awkwardly.

         "Have a good time." She nodded and kissed my forehead. I saw Scott standing at the top of the steps with his jaw lowered. After they left I looked at Scott.

         "We have to stop that date."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

426K 12.6K 69
**COMPLETED** ~ This book starts off as a Liam Dunbar book but ends as a Theo Raeken book ~ After the events of her sister's death, Willow Argent fel...
3.8K 125 14
𖤍 ❝ 𝔑𝔦𝔠𝔥𝔬𝔩𝔞𝔰, 𝔖𝔬𝔫 𝔬𝔣 𝔗𝔞𝔯𝔱𝔞𝔯𝔲𝔰 ❞ "-𝐄𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞 𝐈 𝐬𝐞𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮, 𝐈 𝐟𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐢𝐧 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐨𝐯𝐞...
450K 11.7K 25
"I like the sad eyes, bad guys, mouth full of white lies." Jaelyn Whittemore is exactly like her twin brother Jackson. Narcissistic, pompous, and al...
633K 15K 77
"I love you." "I hate you." "Same thing." Enemies to lovers. That's the story, right? Well, this story isn't that different, but in a way, it is. Two...