My Growing Family ('My Baby's...

By SimplyAmber96

This is the sequel to the story 'My Baby's Daddy'. Hayden and Drake are back with there son Brandon. when Hay... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28 (Part 1)
Chapter 28 (Part 2)
Chapter 29 (Part 1)
Chapter 29 (Part 2)
Epilogue

Chapter 19

7.3K 184 4
By SimplyAmber96

Chapter 19

Trouble

Drake's P.O.V*

Henry came to stand by my bed. I can't believe he thinks I violated my parole. I'm the injured one.

"Why did Paul attack you?" Henry asked.

"Because I sold him out." I answered.

"Did you have any contact with him prior to the incident?"

"None. He showed up out of nowhere."

"And is it true that you agreed to sell contraband again?"

"No. Who told you that?"

"Alright. That's all the questions we have for now. We'll leave you alone now."

Henry and the cop left the room, leaving me alone with my family again. Brandon tried to climb up on to my bed.

"Hey Bran." I said, picking him up and placing him on the bed. "How did you do with the kids alone?"

"Tough. I'm exhausted, but it was worth. I'll take them off your hands as soon as they let me out of here."

"No. You'll need rest."

"I'm not a cripple now. I feel fine."

"That's what they all say." Drake's mom said. "Hayden's right. You'll have to take it slow. Well, I just wanted to make sure you were fine. I have to get home."

"And I have to get to work." Veronica said.

"Okay." Drake responded. "Thanks for being here."

Drake's mom and sister left, leaving him alone with me and the kids. Drake turned his attention to Brandon who played with Drake's IV.

"Don't touch that Brandon." I told him, moving his hand away.

"He's fine." Drake said.

"He's been acting out all week. I think it's because he missed you. Hopefully he'll act better now that you're awake."

"Well hopefully I'll be home soon. I miss it."

"And our bed misses you." I leaned down to kiss him again.

Two Days Later

Drake wrapped his arms around my waist and kissed along my neck. I laughed and tried to pull away.

"Stop." I said. "The kids will be up soon."

"Mhm." He simply responded, kissing along my jaw line.

"Drake." I moaned.

"The kids can wait." He said, meeting his lips with mine.

Drake just got home today and we've been watching after the kids from the moment we stepped through the door. Now the kids are down for a nap and I know that won't last long.

"I've hardly touched you since the triplets were born." Drake said. "It's been too long."

"Why are you being so sweet?"

"I'm always like this."

"Sure you are." I said sarcastically. "Why are you acting like this?"

"Because I could have died the other day and never have gotten to say or show you how much I love you. So everyday, I'm going to show you. Because who knows when we'll no longer be here."

He's right, but I don't want to think about that. It'd make me sad thinking that I may never see him again, or that I could be gone and leave him and the kids.

Drake broke my thoughts when he pulled me back in for a kiss. This time, I let him do what he wanted. He pushed me back on the couch and held up his weight over me. He lifted my shirt over my stomach and unbuckled my pants. He then moved his lips to my stomach where he trailed kisses down to my navel, causing me to arch my back.

"Drake." I moaned.

It's been over a month since Drake and I have been this close. We've been so busy with the kids and work and school that we've had no time for each other. It's upsetting.

I breathed hard, out of breath as I stared at the ceiling. I have to admit that that was the best sex I'd had in years. It was different from other times like there was something behind it.

"Wow." I muttered.

"You can say that again." Drake said.

"Wow." I repeated. "Were did that come from?"

"I told you I'm going to tell you and show you just how much I love you."

"And I believed every minute of it." I leaned over and gave him a kiss.

I heard crying through the baby monitor and sighed. At least they slept longer than I thought they would.

"I quickly redressed and ran upstairs to tend to the crying baby." I walked into the nursery and found Alyssa screaming her lungs out. I picked her up and rocked her in my arms. She slowly began to quiet down. "You're hungry." I sighed.

I paced the room as I fed Alyssa. After a while, Drake came into the room. He smiled at me.

"I made lunch." He said.

"I'll be down in a minute."

Instead of leaving, he came up behind me and wrapped his arms around my waist. He rest his chin on my shoulder and looked down at Alyssa.

"The girls are going to look a lot like you." He said. "They have the same blonde hair and big brown eyes as you. They're going to have boys falling at their feet."

"And you'll chase every single one of them away."

"That's a promise."

"They'll hate you."

"Only for a minute."

I pictured the girls grown up and dating. Drake will be the protective father always chasing away the guys. They'll hate him, then love him again. I'm sure it'd be entertaining.

The doorbell rang making me jump a little. Drake left to go answer it. I listened to know who it was.

"Hi Drake." A familiar voice said.

"Hey." I heard Drake say. "I wasn't expecting you here. How did you find the house?"

I moved into the hallway and stood by the stairs so that I could hear their conversation better. Who's down there?

"I stopped by the other house and a woman gave me your address. I had no idea that you moved. This is a nice house."

"Thanks. It's a good size for us. We have four kids now. We need all the space we can get."

"Yeah. So how are you?"

"Good. I just got released today. My head hurts a little sometimes, but a few Tylenols fix that."

"Good. I visited you in the hospital. I don't know if Hayden told you."

Haley? She's shows up here after what happened at the hospital? Why does she keep showing up? She's drawn to Drake wherever he goes. It's frustrating.

"She didn't, actually. You visited?"

"Yeah. I wanted to see how your recovery was going."

"That was nice of you. I wonder why Hayden didn't tell me."

"Well, we got into a small fight."

A small fight? I wanted to tell her to stay out of out lives and away from Drake. I wanted to tell her to find her own perfect family so that she'd stay away from ours. She's a clingy child that nobody wants around.

Alyssa finished relaxed in my arms. I decided to go downstairs and show myself. She probably thinks that I'm not here.

"Hey." I greeted them as I stepped off the last step.

"Oh, hi Hayden." Haley responded, obviously startled by me. "I just wanted to stop by and see how Drake was doing. I guess I'll be leaving now."

"Oh, no. Don't leave on my account."

"I have to get home. I have to baby-sit." She began moving towards the door. "I'll talk to you later Drake."

Haley let herself out. Drake then looked at me in confusion. I shrugged and made my way to the kitchen.

"What's going on between the two of you?" Drake asked me.

"Nothing." I simply answered.

"Nothing?" He repeated. "Haley said you had a small fight. Why?"

"Don't worry about it. It's over with now."

"Over with? Did you see how fast Haley left? What did you do to her?"

"I didn't do anything to her. I simply told her to stay away from you. She wants you, Drake. And she's not going to stop until she gets you. You have a family."

"Yeah, I do. And I'd hope you'd trust me to stay with it."

"I trust you. It's her I don't trust. She's begging for your attention. Don't you see that?"

"I do see that, it's obvious. But I don't let it control the way I act. I don't hate her. She has a schoolgirl crush and I'm fine with that as long as she doesn't take action."

"Whatever. I'm hungry."

I saw the sandwiches sitting on the counter and went over to take one. I continued to rock Alyssa in my arms so she'd stay quiet.

"You're being a jealous girlfriend, Hayden." Drake said. "It's not attractive."

"So what are you saying?" I asked.

"I don't know. I'm going to the store. I'll be back later."

Drake's P.O.V*

I grabbed my coat and left Hayden with the kids. I don't plan to be out long. I just wanted to get out before the fight got too bad. I hate fighting with Hayden. It never ends well and we've been through enough drama.

I stopped at Target and began to walk around. I don't plan on buy anything, but I just need to waste some time. I don't want to break up with Hayden again. That didn't go so well last time. I'm trying to be a good boyfriend and father, but it's becoming difficult.

After about an hour and a half, I headed back home. When I got there, Hayden was sitting on the floor playing with Brandon.

"So you came back." She said without looking at me.

"Yeah, why wouldn't I?"

"Because I was being immature and unattractive."

"I love you. Of course I came back. And you weren't being completely immature. You just feel threatened by Haley. That's understandable. And I forgive you." I walked over and sat down beside her. I gave her a light kiss.

"Here." Brandon said, handing me a toy car.

"Thank you Bran." I said, taking the car.

"Vroom, vroom." He said, rolling the car along the floor. I smiled and followed after him.

Hayden's P.O.V*

I smiled as Drake crawled across the carpet with Brandon. I'll never get used to him being such a good father. He's come a long way. I remember when he first got out of jail and he was only putting up with Brandon. Now he actually cares about Brandon, the triplets, and me.

My cell rang and I quickly took it from my pocket. I looked at who was calling and was surprised at the name I saw.

"Ashton?" I answered.

"Hey Hayden." He responded.

"Oh my gosh, I haven't heard from you in months. Where have you been? What's been going on?"

"Fiona and I went on our honeymoon and right after, I had to travel for baseball. I've just been so busy with practice and school that I haven't had the chance to talk to anyone. But Fiona and I are back in town and I have some time off. We were wondering if you guys wanted to hang out."

"That sounds great, but Drake and I are pretty tied up. The triplets were born three weeks ago and they're a handful."

"I completely forgot about the triplets. What did you name them?"

"Alyssa, Brooke, and Darren."

"Darren?"

"Yeah. We decided to name him after Darren because he was a close friend of ours. They're the cutest things, when they're not crying."

Ashton laughed and it sounded a little foreign to me. I haven't heard his voice in so long that it sounds strange.

"Anyway, I'd really like for us to hang out while we're in town."

"Maybe you could come over for dinner. That way you can see Brandon and meet the triplets."

"That sounds good. Is tomorrow okay?"

"Sure."

Brooke began to cry and I sighed. She's been quiet all day and now she wants to cry?

"I have to go. Brooke is getting fussy."

"Alright. I'll see you tomorrow."

"Yeah."

I hung up and went to get Brooke. I realized her pacifier fell out of her mouth and gave it back it back to her. She immediately stopped crying.

"Ashton is in town?" Drake asked me.

"Yeah, him and Fiona. They're coming over for dinner tomorrow night."

Drake grew unrepentantly silent. I looked aver at him and found him staring at Brandon.

"You know, I think he thinks that he still has a claim on Brandon."

"What are you talking about?"

"Ever since you guys were going out, he's grown attached to Brandon. I don't want Brandon getting confused and thinking Ashton is his father."

"Drake, that would never happen. And you shouldn't be jealous. After all, you were just scolding me about being jealous."

"I'm not jealous. I just feel the need to protect what's mine."

I rolled my eyes. Why do guys always think that they own something and have the need to claim it? I walked over to Drake and sat on the floor beside him. I leaned over and placed a kiss on his cheek.

"I would never let that happen. And besides, Brandon already called you dad. He knows who you are and no one will make him forget that." I smiled.

Drake smiled back and leaned forward to meet his lips with mine. "I love you." He whispered against my lips."

"I love you too." I said, looking into his eyes and instantly getting lost in them.

I jumped when the doorbell rang. I turned my attention away from Drake and got up to answer the door. When I opened the door, I was surprised to see Henry and two police officers flanked behind him.

"What's going on?" I asked him.

"Is Drake home?" He asked me.

I looked at the two officers flanked behind Henry and knew what they were here for. I wanted to tell them that Drake wasn't here, but that would get us both into trouble.

"Henry?" Drake said, coming up behind me.

"Drake, you need to come with us." Henry said calmly.

"Why?"

"We need to take you in for more questioning. Please don't make this hard."

Drake looked down at me and I could see the worry in his eyes. I kept myself calm. They're just taking him in for questioning. He's not under arrest.

"Go." I told Drake. "It's just questioning."

"You may pick him up later." Henry told me.

"Alright then." Drake said, giving me a kiss before leaving with Henry and the two cops.

I want this stupid investigation to over with. Drake didn't do anything wrong and I'm tired of people assuming that he's a bad guy.

************************************************************************************************************************

There's the chapter! I'm sorry it was a little boring. Hopefully the next chapter will be more interesting. Can I get at least two comments on this chapter before I post the next one? And tell me what you think of the characters so far and who's your favorite?

Please comment, vote, and/or fan. Thanks!! ;-)

P.S. If you haven't already, check out my new story 'Hunted'. It's a vampire love story so if you like that sort of thing, make sure to check it out. :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.4K 197 10
in this story Techno found tommy and decided to keep him. for some reason he liked this kid.. but once Tommy betrayed him a few years later everythin...
545K 6.7K 93
"Berani main-main sama gue iya? Gimana kalau gue ajak lo main bareng diranjang, hm? " ucap kilian sambil menujukan smirk nya. Sontak hal tersebut me...
1.5M 19.6K 25
Sarah Mathews is a regular 16 year old junior in high school who has the perfect life. A loving mother, amazing brother and a father that loves her m...