Crush

נכתב על ידי Queeninnn

Rewrite/Revamp of my 2016 hit book, Crush. All Right Reserved ©Copyright 2022 by Publisher, Queeninnnn. All r... עוד

All Rights Reserved
001
002
003
004
006
007
008
009
010
011
012
013
014
015
016
017
018
019
19 II
020
021
022
023
024
025
Michael Banks
026
027
028
029
030
031
032
033
034 (Part I)
034 (Part II)
Fight Night ;)
035
036
037
038
039
40
41
042
043
044
045
046
47
Shanny's Birthday
046
047
048

005

14.3K 543 47
נכתב על ידי Queeninnn

Shanny

I sat at work bored as hell. I work as a property manager at an apartment complex. I work Monday - Friday, 7a-4p but I only have to go in three days a week, Monday, Wednesday and Thursday. Those are the only days the office is open, where people who live here can come and complain about something, request to move, request maintenance, pay the rent, handle any business they need to and people looking to move in set up appointments as well. I like my job, it took me a lot to get here but considering Im only twenty-four doing what I do I'm very proud of myself. Its Wednesday & I sat in my office and ate my chipotle while Grey's Anatomy was playing on my Mac Book. Once I got full I sat back and grabbed my phone. I texted Sunny and Kia back from earlier. Kia asked me to come out tonight and Sunny's message was strange.

Sister❤️: did you talk to DJ?
- no, not since like 2 days ago why?

He hasn't called me back since the other day. I figured he just being Jace and in his asshole mood. Seconds later she called me. "Hey sis!" I put her on speaker and sat my phone down, ready to get back to work on my computer when a knock on the door pissed me off when I saw who it was. "Sunny let me call you back, ok?" She agreed and hung up. "Come in." I smacked my teeth to myself. "Wassup beautiful?" Ace came in with flowers and sat down. "Wassup Ace? Thank you. Why you here?" I rubbed my forehead. "I can't come see your beautiful ass? It's a crime?" He laughed. "But naw forreal, you get off at 4pm right? Let me take you out." I shook my head. "No, that's ok Ace. I'm good. Whatever DJ told you was a lie." He laughed. "So that is your nigga?" I blew out in frustration. "No he's not."

"Well that's what everybody think.-" I cut him off. "Well everybody needa mind they damn business. Look Ace, what we had is gone. I really don't wanna revisit the past so-" He cut me off. "Aight, let me just take you out as friends! As friends Shanny! We can start off with that." God he just doesn't understand the word no! "Ace..no I don't-"
"Come on Shanny if you ain't with DJ then why you gotta say no? I said as friends ok? I promise I won't try nothing and you can leave at anytime and never talk to me again at anytime if I fuck up Ite?" I laughed and shook my head. "I know I can." He gave me a slight smirk. "Come on, Shanny. Please?" I rolled my eyes. "Ok Ace shit, come back here at 4:30pm." He got up and smiled. "Aite bet. See you in a few" He got up and left. God Shanny what you getting yourself into. I was just about to call Sunny back when someone else knocked on my office door. This time, my 2pm appointment. "Hello, Welcome to Fox Landing Apartments. I'm Shantel, you must be Mrs. Williams." I smiled and shook the middle aged lady's hand. She took a seat in front of my desk and we got down to business. For the next 45 minutes we discussed all of the details of moving and arranged payment and lease signing. After she left it was 2:54pm. I called Sunny back and put my phone on speaker on my desk while I started picking up around the desk."
"Well about time you called back." I laughed. "Sorry you never guess who walked they ass in here, but forget that what was you saying earlier?"  I locked up my closet. "I was asking did you talk to DJ. I know he's going through it right now." I stopped. "What you mean he going through it? What's happened?" I took her off speaker and put the phone to my ear. "He didn't tell you? Girl Coolie told me Nico was hurt in an explosion or something over there In Iraq!" My heart dropped. "Wait what? When?! Is he Ok?" Nico is Jace's little brother, he been in the military since Cash went in, they got caught up together at the same time, Nico was given the option of the military or prison since he was a minor & Cash ate all the charges, of course he chose the military. "Girl, I don't even know to tell you the truth. That's why I asked you did you talk to him." I grabbed my purse and keys and locked my door.

"No I haven't not for like two days. Let me call you back. I'm about to call him." Once I got in my car, I called Jace like I did yesterday and he didn't answer. I connected my phone to the bluetooth so I could keep calling him and drive at the same time. Ten calls later, still no answer. I decided to just go to his house. I put his address in my navigation and I was twenty-three minutes away.

Once I turned onto the extra long street leading to his house I knew where I was. The street had two roads on either side leading to other neighborhoods, Jace's house was straight ahead about half a mile, the only house on this street. The houses over here are ridiculous I fall in love every time! One I pulled up I knew I was gonna have problems with Jace's security and I really ain't in the mood to deal with this shit.

I pulled up to the gate where the two men in black stood on each side. "Can I help you?" I thought of something legit to say cause they be so pressed. I remembered last time I came here with Jace, they joked about me being his girlfriend and Jace dumb ass said, "Duhh this my girl, Y'all know I'm bout to go drill them cheeks!" I laughed to myself at that day I smacked the shit out the back of his neck when he said that, any dumb ass would know he was playing but I still thought I'd give that a try. "I'm coming to see my man! Do I need to tell him yall out here harassing me?! I don't think he gonna be to happy about that! Get the fuck out my way! My man is waiting for me!"

They looked at each other before nodding and opening the gate. I shook my head and laughed once I got in. "Dumb asses, I should be some typa' actress!" I drove up the long pretty driveway and parked next to his Beamer. The last security is posted at the front door, he should be easy to get pass. He has had the same three security for as long as I could remember, only because he's never really home. I grabbed my purse and went to the front door. The security had his hand on his gun, like I really look like some type of threat. "What you want?" I smacked my teeth. "What you think I want? Some of my man good d*ck, why else would I be here?" I rolled my eyes and walked pass him into the house. I figured the two at the gate told him my story so I stuck with it, I couldn't tell two different stories and he didn't stop me either. I looked around for Jace, I didn't see him downstairs. I walked up the long stairwell and up to his room he was laying down on his back sleeping it looked like, one arm over his eyes and other in his pants and his legs propped up.

"What you want Shanny? How you get in here?" He didn't even look at me. "Damn how you know it was me? And I just told them I was your girlfriend." I sat my purse down.

"You da only female that ever been here or even know where I live Shanny, and is that right?" He shook his head and did like a evil chuckle to himself. He reached down and pulled out a Gun with a long piece on it. Ive seen way too many guns for that to shock or scare me. He walked passed me mad as hell and walked down the steps and out the door. Oh no. "JACE!" I ran down the steps after him. The security that was at the door wasn't even there. He walked down the driveway to the gate. "Yo!" He called. The first one looked at the gun in confusion and Jace sent a blow to his face, he fell to the grown. "Oh my god JACE!" I ran down the driveway as fast as I could. "This all it take is a bitch to tell you she my bitch to let somebody in my shit!? That's what the fuck y'all do!?" The other one walked over and tried to calm things down, he touched Jace's shoulder. "Boss look I'm so-" Jace pushed him and drew his gun and sent four bullets to his body. "Fuck wrong with you nigga!" I screamed and went to grab him.

"Shanny if you don't-" He gave me that look and I backed up. He turned to the other one who was laying on the ground with his gun pointed at Jace. I stopped in my tracks. Jace laughed to himself. "You sure you wanna do that nigga?" Jace walked up on him and kicked him in his face. Over and over again until his face was all over the concrete. I went and grabbed Jace to stop him. This time I didn't care, I moved in front of him I know he would never hit me. It's crazy how mad he was, any idiot could tell it was the anger about his brother. "Jace Stop it!" He didn't fight me this time. He kept trying to get to the man on the ground who was already half dead, if not dead. Once I finally got him to stop. He threw the gun down and snatched away he walked back into his house. I stood there for a minute. Still trying to process all this. I went back in the house and he was sitting on the couch shaking mad as hell. I walked in about to sit next to him.

"Shanny I'm not in the mood. Get the fuck away from me." I ignored him and sat next to him anyway. He was sitting up starring straight ahead, his leg shaking and he was breathing hard. I sat there for a good ten minutes before I went to comfort him. He snatched away. "Shanny leave me the fuck alone aight?! Fuck is you still here for?!" I can't lie Jace is scary when he mad but I know him well enough to know what he would do. "Ite I'll leave you alone but I'm not going nowhere, you don't have to talk to me but I'm not leaving you. You can talk to me when you ready." He shook his head. "You don't fuckin' listen." I shrugged. Oh well.

Almost three hours later it was almost dark outside. Both of us still in our exact spots. I decided to try again. He seemed like he calmed down like 5%. I was worried about the bodies outside more then anything. "Jace.." I scooted a little closer. "I know you going through it right now, but you know we gotta get rid of those bodies outside your house Imma get your phone and imma call Benji to come and do his thing, ok?" He ain't respond. I went upstairs and got his phone and called him. He said they was on the way. I hung the phone up and put it down. It started vibrating again. I ignored it, Jace don't need no drama right now. I went back downstairs and he was still in the same spot but he was rolling a blunt. I went and sat back next to him. He looked at me. "I don't know what the fuck you here for." I rolled my eyes. "How he doing Jace?" He took a pull from the blunt. And shrugged. "I guess I find out tomorrow."

"You going over there?" He mugged me. "Ain't that what I just said?" It was really taking everything in me not to go off and keep telling myself what he going through, it was not the time for one of our temper wars. "Let me go with you." He looked at me like I was crazy. "Go head wit' all that Shanny." I smacked my teeth. "Jace I'm serious, you don't need to go threw this alone. Plus all the times you been there for me when I have my break downs about Cash.. And my mom... I just don't want you to feel like you alone. Your grandma there already?" He snapped at me like he took offense to something I said. "Alone? Fuck you mean Shanny? what you don't get? I don't need NOBODY, it can be me against the world like it's always been I could give a fuck about somebody else I'm good. I got this. You can go now shawty I'm straight." I blew out in frustration. "Jace that's not nowhere near what I meant, but you know what, imma go ok? Give you some space. I'll check on you later." I rubbed his hand and got up and grabbed my purse. "Shanny." I tuned around. "Thank you shawty. I'm sorry I just... I ont' know.. I need some time to myself. Imma call you tomorrow Aight?" I nodded and walked out to my car. I blew out a big breath. What a day. I backed out the drive way. The mess was completely gone. Once on my way home, I damn near stopped in my tracks when I realized what time it was. "Shit! ACE!"

המשך קריאה

You'll Also Like

5.9K 216 22
Sequel to Head Over Boots Not friends, Not enemies, Just strangers, With some memories ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ All Rights Reserved ©copyright 2016 Warning| May...
813K 22.6K 44
Almost every girl has that one guy that they just won't let go. You'll do any and everything to make them happy. You'll stay by their side even when...
92.1K 2.5K 25
READ IT BITCHH🌚💕