Pokémon XY Ash's Kalos Journ...

By lvbbst3

Ash starts his journey in the Kalos region. He learns new things, catches new Pokemon, and meets new people... More

The Road To Kalos
An interesting Day
New People And New Friends
The Battle
Meeting the Professor
Rampage
The Journey begins
Childhood Memories
Serena's Goal
Santalune Gym Battle
A Worried Mother
Reclaiming the Gym Part 1
Reclaiming the Gym part 2
Kidnapped
Mega Trouble
The Truth Comes Out
The Preforming Pokémon
The Doctor is in
The Cyllage City Gym Battle
Malamar Troubles
Conspiracy
Thanks for the Cake
The Champion
Guardian of the Forest
Geosenge Town
Quest for the Stone. Part 1
Quest for the Stone. Part 2
Quest for the stone. Part 3
What have I Done
The Shalour City Gym Battle
Training days
The Real Battle Begins
Mirror Mirror
Welcome Campers
Nostalgia
A Special Guest
Three VS Three Finale
Ninja Showdown
The Coumarine Gym battle
Catching up with old friends
A New Rival Apperats
A date?

Bake off

1.5K 23 22
By lvbbst3

(Normal POV)

As our heroes make their way to Shalour city, they take a quick break in a small town to do some training and to relax a bit. As was training with Froakie and Fletchling for the next gym since they don't have a lot of experience battling while everyone else was doing their own thing.

Clemont was working on an invention, Bonnie was watching Dedenne playing with Pikachu because she thinks it looks cute seeing the two electric types play togeather, and Serena..... well... she is working on something special for the group, particularly Ash.

She was actually in the Pokémon center with her Fennekin and her Pancham making something delicious in the kitchen. She was wearing a pink apron with white flowers on it and had her hair in a ponytail to keep it out of her face.

"Pancham could you hand me the icing?" Serena asked reaching out her hand.

"Pan" he nodded walking over to the icing and handed it to Serena.

"Thank you" she said as she applied the final touches to her creation. "I hope they'll like it."

After she and her Pokémon placed what she made in a basket and cleaned the kitchen and themselves as they headed out to find the rest of the group. Serena found them at the outdoor battle field still continuing what they were doing before.

"Hey guys I'm back" she said as she walked up to them.

"Oh.... Hey Serena" Ash said forgetting that she left in the first place. "Were did you go?"

"Oh.... I was at the Pokémon center making something for you guys" Serena said.

"Making something for us! What do you make! What did you make!" Bonnie said exited.

"I made theses" Serena said revealing what was in the basked. Bonnies eyes widen when she saw them.

"Hey macarons!" Bonnie said happily. She, Ash, and Clemont went over to the basket and took one. They took a bit and all of their eyes widen of the taste of the macarons as their mouth formed a smile on their face.

"Wow there delicious" Clemont said.

"Ya there great" Ash said.

"It's so yummy thanks Serena" Bonnie said taking another macaron. She then notice another basket next in Serena's other hand and can't help but wonder. "Did you make another basket full of macarons?"

"Actually those are for the Pokémon" Serena said as she opened the other basket.

"Oh... you also made pokepuffs" Clemont said.

"Pokepuffs?" Ash asked.

"Ya they are a special kind of treat that Pokémon really enjoy" Serena said. "I thought our pokemon would enjoy a treat like this for.... You know... celebrating Ash's victory in the Cyllage gym."

"Oh... well in that case thanks Serena you're the best" Ash said complementing her. She blushed and smiled a bit from that comment knowing that he appreciates her and what she did.

"Here we go again" thought playfully rolling her eyes.

"Here try some" Serena said lowering the basket. Pikachu was the first to take a pokepuff from the basket. Pikachu took a bit and his eyes widen after that bit. He stood there a bit shocked from the taste of the pokepuff but then gave a happy cheer.

"PIKA!!!!!" he said happily as he gulfed down the rest of the pokepuff.

"It looks like Pikachu likes it very much" Bonnie said.

"Here Chespin try one" Clemont said. Chespin happily one from basket and he too enjoyed the taste of pokepuff.

"Ches pin pin" he said as he took another and another.

"Hey Chespin leave some for the rest of the pokemon" Clemont said holding Chespin back.

Fennekin was the next to take one and she enjoyed it as well. Soon every one of their Pokémon had one of Serena's pokepuff and they were very happy with the taste and how good it was. Seeing all the Pokémon eating them this made Ash very curious on how good they were.

"Wow they seem to like them, I wonder how they taste" Ash said taking one.

"Huh.., no wait... those aren't for...." Serena started to say before Ash took a bite. "People..."

Ash stood there for a bit. Just like Pikachu he didn't say anything for a bit and was paralyzed not moving a bit.

"They're....." he managed to say. He was still not moving much after that one bite.

"Ash?" Serena said worried.

"They're... They're... they're the best thing I ever tasted." He said with sparkling eyes as he finished the rest of it.

"You... you like it?" Serena said confused. "But those aren't even for people."

"Maybe... but I think they're great."

"Oh....well... thanks" she said relieved.

"Here Dedenne have another" Bonnie said handing him another one. Dedenne was about to take one from Bonnie's hands when all of a sudden it started to float into the air. "Huh?"

The pokepuff was surrounded by a blue light and was flouting towards a bush. Behind the bush was a pink little Pokémon with what looks like a cherry on its head and its tongue hanging out . The Pokémon ate the pokepuff and gave a light cheer.

"Hey... that was for Dedenne" Bonnie wined.

"De ne nee..." he said disappointed. All of a sudden a girl, who the group presume is it's trainer, came up behind the Pokémon and scolded him.

"There you are Slurpuff, I told you a dozen times not to run off like that" the girl said. She had short blue hair, a little orange tie, and a white hair band on her head. She then looked up at the group as she realized something just happened involving her pokemon. "I'm sorry did my Slurpuff cause any trouble?"

"Ya... he ate Dedenne's pokepuff" Bonnie said.

"Oh I'm sorry, my Slurpuff always likes to eat sweats" she said. "Here your Deddene can have one from my basked here, these are probably better than the one my Slurpuff ate."

"Wait... WHAT?!?!" Serena thought to herself. The girl also had a basket with her that was filled with pokepuffs. These pokepuffs her decorated differently than Serena's. They had a different colored icing on top and a different shape with different little toppings on it. She took one out and handed it to Bonnie as she fed it to Dedenne. He took a couple of bits and gave a very loud and happy cheer.

"Dede ne" he said very very VERY happily.

"Wow Dedenne must really like it" Bonnie said.

"See I'm sure it was better than the one Slurpuff ate" The girl said.

"Excuses me?!?!" Serena said defensively. "I'll have you know I made the one you Slurpuff ate and they happen to be very delicious."

"Oh I'm sorry I didn't mean it like that. I sure there pretty good" she said.

"Pretty good?!?!" she thought. "Just who does she think she is?"

"By the way I'm Miette" she said at last.

"Hi I'm Ash"

"My name is Clemont"

"Bonnie my name"

"Serena" she said a bit rudely.

"So that's a Slurpuff" Ash said taking out his Pokédex.

Slurpuff, the Meringue Pokémon. Slurpuff's keen sense of smell is especially sensitive, much more than people's.

"Wow that's a neat Pokémon you have there" Ash said.

"Thanks" Miette said. She then started to stare at Ash as she had seen him somewhere before. "You... you look familiar."

"I do?" Ash asked. "How?"

"Were have I seen..... Wait..... oh I know I saw you on the news" Miette said.

"You... You did?"

"Ya... you stopped a rampaging Garchomp from destroying Lumiose city. That was you right?"

"Uh... ya" Ash said while everyone else sweat dropped. Miette's eyes widen when he said that. Its him... its really him she was thinking to herself.

"Wow that was amazing what you did. And when you jumped of Prism tower that was very brave of you to do" she said standing a little closer to Ash staring into his eyes.

"Uhhhh...." Ash said a little unconfutable.

"Ok now I know I don't like this girl" Serena thought as her face is turning red from anger.

"Uhh... Clemont what is happening" Bonnie whispered to him.

"I... Don't...Know..." he whispered back.

"So Ash... what brings you here?" Miette said with a wink. That made Serena really mad.

"OH NO SHE DIDN'T" Serena thought.

"Uh... just passing through" he said. "What about you?"

"I'm Actually here to enter the pokepuff contest" she said.

"Pokepuff contest?" Clemont asked.

"Ya... it's a contest to see on who makes the best pokepuffs. Even Gena is going to be there to judge the competition."

"Gena!!! as in the best pokepuff chef in all of Kalos" Serena said shocked.

"Yep and you're looking at the soon to be winner of the contest" she said confidently.

"Not if I have anything to say about it" "Oh ya well... I'm also here to enter the contest and I'm going to win that contest"

"You are?" the rest of the group said in shock.

"Oh really..." Miette said sarcastically. "Well you're going to have to beat me first, good luck with that" she said laughing at that last part. "Anyways I got to get ready for the contest, see you guys later" she said but was staring at Ash again and have another wink as she walked off.

"She's going down" Serena thought.

"Serena what was that about" Bonnie asked.

"Ya what made you all of a sudden want to join the contest" Clemont asked.

"I..." she started. To be honest she didn't know why she said she would. She just couldn't let her get away with what she said about her pokepuff. But most importantly she was flirting with Ash and she couldn't have that. "I... uh....I just thought.... That... it would be good practice for when I enter my first showcase" she said on the spot.

"Really....?" Bonnie said sarcastically not totally believing what Serena is saying.

"Oh... ok well good. I'm sure it will be great practice" Ash said not giving what Serena said any second thought. Being so oblivious to Serena's true intentions as it sailed right over his head.

"Really Ash... Really?" Bonnie thought not believing Ash is buying this.

"Anyways..." Clemont said trying to divert the topic. "Let's go and find the competition and get Serena registered."

With that the group went around the town to find the place the event is taking place. After 15 minutes they finally found the stage the competition is taking place. After Serena registered she went back stage to change back in her cooking outfit while everyone else went to take a seat in the audience.

Moment later women came on stage and walked over to the microphone getting ready to address the audience. She had light brown tan hair that went all the way to her back. She also had light blue eyes like Serena and was wearing a light pink scarf and a chef's hat.

"Hello and welcome all to the annual pokepuff bake off competition. My name is Gena but many of you must already know that and I will be hosting and judging along with my colleagues the competition. Here is how it will work; each competitor will create a pokepuff based on the type of their partner. It will be judged on style, taste, but most importantly creativity. The competition will be split up into two parts. The First part will be today but only three of them will make to round two that will be held tomorrow. The winner of the competition will not only get the first prize ribbon but also a copy of one of my world famous recipe from my personal recipe book. So without further delay lets the contest begin" she said excitedly on that last part.

With that Serena, Miette, and the rest competitors started making there pokepuffs. Each competitor quickly and skillfully created their own pokepuffs based on their partner. Since Serena had Fennekin out so she was making her pokepuffs to be make specifically for fire types. While Miette had Slurpuff out so she is making some that are for fairy types. About 50 minutes had pasted and they only had 10 minutes left for everyone to finish making their pokepuffs. Serena gave a quick glare over at Miette who wasshe was skillfully putting on the finishing touches with the icing and decorating.

"She's good but I can beat her" Serena thought to herself. She quickly put one her final decorations with the icing that fits fire types as her Fennekin put a twig on top to give it some personality . "Done."

"Alright time is up" Gena yelled at the timer went off. "Everyone stop what they are doing and place your pokepuff on the plate provided for you and step away." Everyone placed their creations on the plate as they stepped back behind the counter they were at. Miette had a confident look on her face while Serena had a determined look as the judges collected the plates from each contestant.

"Thank you all for your hard work. You may take a seat in the audience now. The results will be announced soon." Gena said to the contestants as the last plate was collected. Serena went back stage and changed back into her usual outfit and went back to try to find her friends.

"Serena over here" Ash yelled waving to get her attention. Serena spotted Ash in the crowd and headed over to him and the rest of the gang.

"Hey Ash did you...." She started before she spotted Miette was also with them sitting beside Ash. "Miette!!! What... what are you doing here?"

"Me? Oh I just thought I could wait with you guys in till they announced the results" she said as turned back to Ash. "So Ash you said you're going to compete in the Kalos league right."

"Uh... ya I already got two badges and on my way to get my third" he said.

"You already got two badges. WOW you must be a great trainer" she said moving closer to him. That got Serena really mad as her face turned bright red from anger.

"OH NO SHE DIDN'T" Serena thought. Miette look over at Serena seeing what she is going is working. She wanted Serena to get jealous that she is spending some time with Ash. It's fun messing with her she was thinking. She does think Ash is a little cute but does not know if she going to ask him out but it's fun messing with Serena about it.

After 15 minutes Gena came back on stage with an envelope in her hands. "Thank you all for waiting, in my hand I have the names of the three that will move on to the next round." Before she could take out the names someone pulled on her apron to get her attention. She looked down to see that Bonnie was on the stage with her.

"You're a keeper please take care of my brother" she said getting on one knee.

"Huh?..."

"BONNIE" Clemont yelled as he ran up to the stage with his face completely red with his Aipom and grabbed Bonnie with it. "I told you to stop that a million times." He then ran off stage and away from the audience so no one can see.

Miette sweat dropped looking at what just happened before she turned back to Ash. "What was that about?" She asked.

"It's something she does once in a while" Ash said. "Don't worry about it."

"Ok.... So..... Anyways...." She said changing the subjected. "Speaking of which... do you have anyone taking care of you?"

"What???" Serena thought to herself shocked. Did she really ask that? Why would she do that? Does she have a thing for Ash? I hope not. All thoughts was racing through her mind.

"Uh....no. Why do you ask?" He asked.

"Oh... no reason" she said glaring back at Serena. Serena glared back and looked away not wanting to see her anymore.

"Anyways..." Gena said getting everyone's attention. "In my hand I have the names of the contestants who will be moving on to tomorrow's competition. The first contestant is Miette."

"I thought so" she said sounding a little arrogant.

"The next contestants are the Berrybaker kids"

"Alright we made it" the group heard from the distance.

"And the last contestant that will move on is... Serena" she announced. Serena was so relieved hearing her name as she let out a sigh of relief.

"You make it, Congratulation Serena" Ash said.

"Thanks" she said back.

"So... looks like I'll being facing off against you tomorrow" Miette said. "Well I better get prepared see you then. Later Ash" she said winking at that last part as she walked off. Now Serena can't stand her, the complements, getting close to him, the smiling, the..... Wait.... She does that a lot too. She just sat there being dumbfounded at she was doing the same thing she was been doing the ever since she started traveling with Ash.

"Uh... Serena are you ok?" Ash asked snapping her out of her thoughts.

"What?.... oh... ya I'm fine" She said. "I'm uhhh... I'm going to go find some berries in the forest for tomorrow's competition. I'll see you later." And with that she and her Fennekin walked off out of the area and into the woods to find some berries.

It had been about half an hour she had been in the woods and she had not found many berries and she was getting tired.

"Oh Fennekin we need to find more berries, I can't seem to find much" she said.

"Fen..." she said a little disappointed.

"That's because you're looking in the wrong places" someone said. Serena looked behind her and show that it was Miette that said that.

"Miette!!!" she said.

"You're looking for some berries too right?" she asked.

"Uh... ya"

"Then I suggest that you go over to where the cliff is. That is where I found mine" she said revealing a basket full of berries in her hand.

"I can find my own berries! Thanks" she snapped.

"Ok... why do I have the feeling you don't like me very much" she asked even though she already knew the answer. "It is because I'm around Ash"

"Huh...." She said with her face turning red. "What does that have to do with anything?"

"Oh... come on. I see how you look at him. He is a great guy after all. I see why you like him"

"What!!!" Serena said her face turning even redder then before. "Wha... what makes you think I like him?"

"Oh nothing I could be wrong. Anyways you should try the cliff there is a lot there. I mean it, it's a good spot. Anyways I got to go see you at the competition" and with that she walked away with her Slurpuff.

Serena just stood there thinking about what Miette said. Is her eelings towards Ash that obvious?

"Fen kin kin" Fennekin said rubbing up to Serena's leg. She smiled looking down at Fennekin.

"Thanks Fennekin I need that" she said. "I guess I could try the cliff I don't see why not."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was the next day at the competition and it was already half way over. Serena was using some of the berries she found in the woods the other day to make a pattern. Most of the berries she got at the cliff, Miette was right that was a good spot. Serena thought that she was too quick in judging Miette, she seems a bit nicer then she first thought but still was going to keep an eye on her.

Only 5 minutes remained everyone to finish up there pokepuffs as they were putting on the finishing touches. After the timer went off Gena spoke up.

"That's time stop what you are doing and put your pokepuffs on the plate." She said. Everyone put their finished pokepuffs on the plate and stepped back like they did yesterday as the judges came by and collected them.

"Thank you all for participating, the results will be announced soon you may now wait in the audience." Serena made her way to the audience and found Ash and everyone else at the same place they were yesterday. This time Miette was not with them, she wondered where she was but was kind of happy she wasn't there.

"Great job Serena I'm sure you're going to win" Ash said.

"Thanks Ash" Serena said. "Hey uhh... was Miette here" she asked.

"Ya she was actually looking for you" Clemont said.

"Really? Why?"

"She didn't say" Bonnie asked. After 10 minutes Gena came back on stage with the results in her hand. Miette then came by before she could read the results.

"There you are Serena" Miette said.

"Uh... hi you were looking for me?" she said.

"Ya I just want you to know no matter who wins no hard feeling" she said putting out her hand. Serena hesitated for a moment looking at the offer. Can she really trust her after what she did? But after some thought she thought it would be the best thing to do and shook her hand.

"Alright the winner of the competition is...." Gena said taking out the results. Serena and Miette both crossed their fingers hoping she would call their names. "Is...... the Berrybaker kids."

"WHAT?!?!" Both girls said at the same time shocked. The two kids cheered that they won and went on stage to accept the ribbon. "Congratulations you two you did an amazing job."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

An hour after the competition Ash, Clemont, and Bonnie were getting ready to leave while Serena and Miette were on the side talking about the competition.

"I guess it's for the best that neither of them won" Clemont said.

"How come?" Bonnie asked.

"If one of the won we would not hear the end of it from one of them and they would have rubbed it in the face of the other."

"I guess your right" Ash said. Meanwhile with Serena and Miette.

"I may have lost today but next time I'll win" Miette said. "So you better improve by then the next time we meet."

"I will, just be prepared to lose to me" Serena said with a determined look as they shook hands.

"Hey Serena where leaving soon" Ash yelled getting her attention. She look over and nodded.

"Take care" she said as she walked off. But Miette stopped her.

"One more thing" she said as she whispered something in her ears . "If you don't tell Ash how you feel then I'll tell him how I feel."

"Huh......" Serena said stepping back with her face turning red.

"So if I were you I'll hurry up" and with that she walked away. Serena stood there for a moment still shocked at what she said. She had a point though if she doesn't say something soon someone else might. She shook that thought away and want to join the group.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

266K 2.9K 67
This story takes place during the events if the X/Y anime. There's a twist: Serena cannot hold back her feelings for Ash. What will happen on their a...
6.8K 313 59
Join Ash on his journey of the 10 regions and become the Pokemon Master. Ash and 12 girls harem. Part 7 of the series: Kalos
69.4K 1.4K 44
An amourshipping story taking place in an alternate reality following the Kalos gang. Ash, Clemont, Serena and Bonnie go through many adventures thro...
59.5K 1K 28
1: Bonds of Amour The Kalos Region, also known as The Region of Love. One day, Ash was finishing his adventure through Unova, and the next, he finds...