It Happened In Vegas (Marcian...

By Nightfire28

Good intentions can turn bad quickly and in this care it happened sooner than planned. One night in Vegas tur... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24

Chapter 14

63 1 0
By Nightfire28

Camilla chewed slowly savoring the flavor. She didn’t realize her eyes were closed until she opened them slowly and blushed as she saw all eyes were on her. She pulled up her courage and looked at Marciano’s mother.

“This is…amazing! If you don’t mind would you teach me how to make it? I know my Aunt will love it.”

“It’s a family secret Camilla.” Camilla ignored Bruna and kept her gaze steady with Carolena.

“Of course, you are family now.” Camilla smiled gently then continued to eat. Conversation circulated through the room. Everyone was having a good time, even Marciano. He was laughing and joking back with his brothers. Catherina pulled Camilla into the conversation and got her to open up a little.

“Well…no. I don’t have any Italian family. But my Aunt dated an Italian boy before my Uncle.”

“You are close with your Aunt and Uncle?”

“Very.”

“Do you visit them often?”

“I live with them.”

“Aw your family lives all together?” Camilla slightly squirmed.

“I…live with my Uncle and Aunt alone.”

“You don’t live with your parents?” Camilla put her fork down and bit her lip.

“My…um…parents…” Marciano touched her thigh.

“You don’t have to.” Camilla looked back at him but they both knew she had to tell them.

“My parents passed away ten years ago.” The room was silent. Camilla pushed back her hair behind her ear.

“Umm. Excuse me.” Camilla was about to stand up when Alrigo put a hand on her shoulder.

“We are sorry.” She nodded.

“How’d it happen?”

“Car accident.”

“We are sorry for your loss but were grateful that you weren’t in the car when it happened.”

“I-I was.” Camilla looked down at her white hands. “Because of my parents sacrifice I didn’t die.” Camilla’s throat felt like it swelled. She couldn’t swallow and soon it was hard to breath. She surpressed her sorrow and tried to act as if none of it bothered her. But for some reason she couldn’t hide how much pain she felt when talking about that night. She usually could but right now….

                She stood up abruptly. She couldn’t stop shaking as she walked away from the table. She hurried outside before the sob was ripped from her throat. She covered her face with her arm as she walked away from the house with streams of tears running down her face. She couldn’t hold back her emotions, she cried like she never got too before. Arms circled around her waist. She was turned around but she didn’t move her arm away from her face. Marciano lightly touched her arm and she moved it away from her face and he pulled her in his arms. She buried her head in his chest and cried. He held her for a while then started to speak to her in soothing tones. By the time Camilla was done she was exhausted.  Marciano lifted her face up to his but she looked away.

“I probably look like a mess.”

“Yeah,” He pulled out a tissue from his pocket and gently wiped her face. “But I wouldn’t change a thing.” She slightly smiled.

“You’re crazy.”

“No, I just like you trusting me with your tears.” She brushed a tear that slipped from her eyes. He took her hand with the tear on it and kissed it. Camilla felt her heart flip. She couldn’t deny it anymore she loves Marciano and every second she was near him she fell deeper in love with him. She knew it was dangerous to love him but she couldn’t help it. Even if she wasn’t allowed to love him forever she’d love him during the time they have together. 

“Marciano?” He looked at her lips. He couldn’t resist himself he wanted to kiss her so bad. He leaned in to kiss her but stopped. She was just crying. She trusted him when she was variable. He couldn’t take advantage of her like this.

“I’m sorry-.” Camilla pulled his shoulder down and kissed him herself. Marciano stood their shocked for a second then kissed her back. He didn’t press the kiss but just let her be dominate in it. He wanted her. Any fool would but he wanted her because it’s her. She’s an amazing girl that drove him crazy! Camilla broke off the kiss then blushed.

“I umm hope you don’t mind that I kissed you.”

“I don’t.”

“Good because I really wanted to and couldn’t help it.” She blushed but looked him in the eyes daring him to say she couldn’t do that again.

“I don’t think I could resist kissing you anymore Camilla. I want you and kissing is enough. But right now I don’t want you to kiss me. I don’t want you to kiss me because your grateful or feel obligated-.”

“I wanted to kiss you for a long time Marciano. But when you hold me close I just can’t resist anymore.”

He shook his head.

“I’m glad I’m not the only one feeling it.” They looked at each other for a few more seconds then went back into the house and back to their seats at the table. Everyone was quiet for a second then Bernardo came over and hugged her.

“We will talk about pleasant things yes?”

“Of course, so what kind of movies do you all like?” Everyone started to talk again and this time they were open with her. Pulling her in the conversations. She laughed and joked with them back. They kept pilling food on her plate and she tried to keep eating it. But soon she couldn’t. She put sat there and listened to their conversations.

She covered her smile when Marciano started fighting with his brother Mauro for some food. Camilla loved this. She loved the life, and she loved the family. They were such a close knit family. Camilla wished she could stay with them forever but this would end soon.

“You don’t like the food?” Camilla looked over to Bruna

“I like it.”

“You’re not eating it.”

“I’m not used to eating so much food is all.”

“You’re just making excuses. You’re lying to my parents face about their food. When you cant eact it.” Camilla smoothed out her skirt as she sat their watching Bruna.

“I know it’s not my place to point this out but your acting like a kid, You know perfectly well that Ive enjoyed this meal and you seem to just be making problems.”

“Don’t get to comfortable no one wants you here.” Camilla gave her a slight smile.

“That’s completely understandable. I am a stranger.”

“Bruna! My English is not good. But I am sorry for Bruna.”

“That’s okay Mr. Morrit- I mean Bernardo.” There was an awkward silence but Nardo spoke up.

“Umm so what was your favorite dish?”

“We’ll all the food was amazing but I really loved the tiramisu.” Marciano smugly smiled.

“I knew you’d like that.” She blushed but nodded. Camilla saw Nardo stare at her plate.

“Do you want the rest of my food Nardo?”

“Sure!” He reached across the table and picked up her plate. He smiled at her with kindness.

“Thank you Fiore .” [Flower] Marciano leaned into her and whispered in her ear.

“I think my brother just fell in love with you.” She hit his arm.

“Behave.” He chuckled. Everyone kept eating but somehow Nardo made his way around the table and was sitting next to her. He would take her hand in his and pull her closer to him. Camilla would pull her hand away but he kept pulling it back. He would talk to her softly so she had to lean in to hear him. He joked with her but he also started to teach her words in Italian.

“Grazie .” [Thank you]

“Grazie ” [Thank you]

“Close but you have to roll your R’s. See like this.” Nardo showed her and Camilla mimiked him. Nardo touched her face but she pulled back.

“Let me help you roll your R’s.”

“Nardo, I have rolling my R’s.” Emesto got up and moved to sit behind Camilla.

“Yes brother. Now step aside I’ll show you how to speak Italian Camilla.”

“Okay.” She turned her chair around to face Emesto. Emesto smiled.

“Dont listen to Nardo I have something for you to say that will get the conversations rolling.” He whispered something in her ear. Marciano saw how egar Camilla was to please his brothers. She enjoyed their company but Nardo was being to friendly toward her. Marciano felt jelousy boil in his gut but he pushed it back and took a sip of his drink.

“Umm.”

“Here I’ll say it one more time.”

“Okay I might not say this right.” Camilla took a deep breath. “Posso accendere i fuochi nei vostri lombi con un tocco della mia lingua..” Everyone got quiet then burst into laughter. Even Marciano and Constantinus couldn't hold back their laughter. Camilla’s face turned crimson red. Nardo shoved Emesto from his chair moved closer to Camilla.

“What did I say?” Camilla touched Nardo’s arm. Nardo looked at her hand then looked at her eyes. Marciano shook his head once she turned those eyes on you you were as good as gone. Marciano saw his brother fall victom to Camilla’s spell.

“Eh...” Nardo looked at Marciano.

“My darling wife. You said “Posso accendere i fuochi nei vostri lombi con un tocco della mia lingua..” Which means, I can light fires in your loins with a touch of my tongue.” Camilla gasped and cover her face with her hands.

“Oh…” Nardo took her hand in his and knelt in front of her.

“Don’t worry my fiore I will teach you Italian for now on. Don’t listen to anyone else. I’ll make sure you never feel embarrassment again from speaking such dirty words. You will stay pure with me.”

“Thank you. Oh Grazie.” Nardo thought about it for a second then nodded.

“You can speak that way to me anytime you want though my fiore. I won’t mind.” Marciano burst out in laughter.

“Shut up Marciano!” Camilla elbowed him in the side but he kept laughing. Emesto popped next to her and whispered something else in her ear. Camilla’s face turned red.

“I-I don’t think that’s humanly possible.”

“Trust me it is.”

“Don’t speak to her that way Emesto!” Nardo stood up and pulled her with him.

“I’ll protect you from his dirty mouth!.” He covered her ears and pulled her against his chest. Camilla stumbled but Nardo kept a firm grip on her and kept turning when Emesto tried to whisper dirty things in her ears. Nardo kept saying no then pulled Camilla up in his arms and ran around the table from Emesto. Camilla held on to Nardo as tight as she could. She had her eyes closed tight and didn’t even dare open them. Nardo nearly tripped but continued running when Marciano stood.

“That’s enough!” Camilla was pulled into a familiar embrace. She opened her eyes slowly to look up Marciano.

“She isn’t a toy.”

“Aw we were having fun.”

“Just a little fun.”

“Now your fun is done.” Marciano set her down on her feet. Marciano steadied her but she smiled at him.

“How are you feeling?”

“A little nauseous. But then again I just had a big meal and was practically spinning around the room.” Marciano looked at her but didn’t say anything. Camilla touched his face.

“I’m fine.” Nardo took her other hand and pulled her away from Marciano.

“Hey Camilla! Why don’t you come upstairs with me? I have something-.”

“Marciano’s going to beat you if you keep talking to his wife like that.”

“No he won’t Mauro. He told us he doesn’t even like her.” Camilla felt herself stiffen. Her heart and stomach sank. Camilla knew he wouldn’t lie to his family. He…didn’t like her. She should have known. She made a fool of herself outside just a while ago. Camilla shook her head then heard the ringing of  Marciano's cell phone. It was sirens that mean't it was her Uncle. Marciano pulled it from his pocket and handed it over to her. She was careful not to touch his hand as she took the phone from him.

“Hello?”

“Just checking up on you.” Camilla moved away from the family and walked into another room.

“I’m okay Uncle Gerold.”

“You don’t sound okay.”

“I’m fine.” She shrugged. “I’m not hurt, bleeding, or dead. I’m fine.”

“If you need anything you’ll call right.”

“Of course.”

“Good night.”

“Good night.” She hung up the phone then walked back to the family.

“Is something wrong?” They all looked like they were unsure of what to do but they shook their heads and said no. Camilla forced a natural looking smile.

“Is it okay….” Camilla rubbed her neck. She was tired. Not just physically but mentally as well.

“Camilla?” She rubbed her eyes.

“I’m sorry but I’m exhausted. Is it okay if I have my bag back?”

“Come on.” Marciano led her up stairs to his room. She went through the bag and slipped her wallet in her pocket.

“You don’t look very well.”

“I’ll be fine.” He touched her head but she moved away from his touch. “I’m going to leave in thirty minutes. What time do you want me to come over tomorrow?”

“Don’t worry about it.” She nodded then headed down the stairs with the bag in hand. Both of them didn’t say a word. Camilla couldn’t play this game anymore. He didn’t like her, but why should he? She shook her head and smiled at Catherina as she came up to her. Nardo took her bag and put it to the side. They both talked with her like old friends Camilla would enjoy their company while she could.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.9M 251K 100
What will happen when an innocent girl gets trapped in the clutches of a devil mafia? This is the story of Rishabh and Anokhi. Anokhi's life is as...
226M 6.9M 92
When billionaire bad boy Eros meets shy, nerdy Jade, he doesn't recognize her from his past. Will they be able to look past their secrets and fall in...
55.1M 1.8M 66
Henley agrees to pretend to date millionaire Bennett Calloway for a fee, falling in love as she wonders - how is he involved in her brother's false c...
3.8M 160K 62
The story of Abeer Singh Rathore and Chandni Sharma continue.............. when Destiny bond two strangers in holy bond accidentally ❣️ Cover credit...