Chapter 7

The next day the house was so quiet it seemed like any other normal day. She placed her backpack on a chair and made her way to the kitchen. Camilla made her way to the table with a yawn. She started to make a bigger breakfast then normal but stopped in the middle of it. Everything was so different now how come this cycle seemed so normal to continue in?

"Good morning." Camilla jumped and nearly dropped the food in the pan. She turned around to see Marciano smirking.

"I'd move away from the fire, you don't want to get your hair caught." She nodded but turned toward the food.

"Sorry."

"It's your hair." She touched her head but shook it.

"Not that, I'm not used to seeing people in the morning that's all." He grunted then started to walk away.

"Are you hungry? I'm making plenty." He looked at her for a second then nodded.

"Good I hope you like eggs, and pancakes."

"I'll help." She was going to say he didn't have to but his mind seemed to wander while making the food. She let him continue on then set the table as soon as the eggs were done. He came not long after and they both started to eat. The silence went on for a few minutes before Camilla stopped eating.

"Something wrong?"

"I just don't feel very hungry anymore." He gave her a strange look.

"So! Did you sleep well?"

"As best as I could with your Uncle watching over me."

"He's just-."

"I know." She bit her lip then stood up.

"Well I have to go to school. I'll see you later. Oh and leave the dishes I'll clean them up when I get home." She stood up and collected her things then headed toward the door.

"Hold on. Ill drive you to school."

"It's ok I can walk."

"Let's go."

"Marciano I said I can walk its fine."

"I'm not working right this moment; I have an able body and a car that's sitting on the side walk. You're going to get in the car and I'll drive you end of discussion. Now let's go or you'll be late." He headed out of the house and she let out a frustrated breath.

"I'll let him drive me today."

****

Camilla couldn't seem to concentrate in any of her classes. She rested her head on her hands with a sigh. It was Marciano's fault he had such mood swings she didn't know what to expect from him. One minute he was mean and nasty the next he was kind then he was cold and closed off. She had whiplash just trying to keep up with his mood.

"Oh he's such a confusing man!" She gasped and covered her mouth. The whole class was looking at her with a look of shock. She stood up quickly.

"I-I'm sorry for the interruption!" The teacher let out a sigh.

"Sit down. Now read the passage out loud Miss. Nelson." She blushed but didn't fix his mistake.

"Yes Sir." After class she tried to make it passed the door without her friends stopping her.

"Wow where are you going?"

"Yeah Camilla whose this confusing man of yours?"

"Oh I was just taking about the character in Shakespeare's play."

"Right. So who is he?"

"I told you it's a character-."

"You can't lie to us Camilla. It's written all over your face you've meet someone."