Chapter 24

“Do you know what today is?”

“The day we actually leave this bed and get some fresh air?” He chuckled.

“Itching for a different setting? Theirs the kitchen…the living room…the bathroom.”

“No silly. I meant…Is someone knocking on the door?”

“Probably the neighbors again.” He leaned over to kiss her.

“Hey! Both of you cut it out!” Camilla jumped when she saw Catherina come in the carrying tons of bags. Camilla nearly screamed but Marciano just ignored the company. He tried to kiss her again but Camilla hit his shoulder.

“No Marciano. Your sisters here for goodness sake!”

“As you can see Catherina were busy right now. Come back in a few hours.” He threw a pillow at her over his shoulder and still continued to try to kiss Camilla.

“If you two don’t get out of bed now I’ll get Alrigo and Mauro to break you up.”

“Neither one will touch Camilla.”

“Who said they were? I’m bringing them in for you.”

“Fine, leave. Camilla needs to get dressed.”

“No need she’s going to get ready here. You’re the one who needs to leave.”

“Fine.” He kissed Camilla one last time but she held onto his arm.

“Wait what’s going on?”

“Our wedding days today.”

“Oh!” Camilla moved out of bed holding a sheet around her. She picked up Marciano’s shirt and put it on.

“Okay Marciano here’s the deal. After this wedding is over no more staying in bed. I have to make sure the paper work for high school went through.”

“Your papers were processed two days ago. I just called the school saying you had to be bed ridden. “Her blush became fire red.

“Just go crazy man.” He laughed but got out of bed.

“Here put your boxers on before-.” He had put on leg threw when the front door opened. Camilla grabbed the boxers herself and pulled them up. She moved in front of Marciano with crossed arms. Catherina, Alrigo, and Mauro came in to see a tempered Camilla.

“You need to knock before coming in somewhere.”

“He needs to come with us.”

“But knock next time okay?”

“We will. Come Brother.”  Within an hour they were whisked off to the church in a daze. Camilla remembered seeing the church and the stain glass windows to the walking down the aisle and standing next to Marciano.

“Are you sure you want to do this? This is your last chance to be a free man.” He lifted her chin so he looked deep in her eyes.

“I want nothing more than to spend the rest of my life with you.” Camilla smiled at him and soon they were married. After they were married Nardo walked up to them.

“My fiore. You are my brother’s wife. Do you know what that means?”

“Our loves forbidden?”

“No, our love is wrong. Deny yourself and stay with my brother.”

“I’ll do my best.”

“But for old times’ sake how about a good bye kiss?”

“She’s my wife Nardo. No kissing her.” Alrigo came and kissed Camilla’s cheek.”